test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapons the Borg can not Adapt to? Can we get some?

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
The Borg do not adapt to Space weapons in STO so why can´t we get some Ground Weapons the Borg can not adapt to? One thing that crossed my mind is :Why can the Borg adapt to cold? Cold is Cold. The Borg in ENT were frozen until the got warmed up again so they can survive but not adapt (their shields) to cold..

So make the Nukara and Breen Weapons with Cold damage also Anti-Borg weapons or make some Kinetic Rifles like Picards Holo-Machinegun from First contact.

Or Electro weapons...

This is 2409/2410 so Voyager and Seven of Nine are back for 30 years and brought home some interesting information about the Borg and Picard also has some knowledge about them..

i dont want them to be totally overpowered but maybe on the same level as the MACO rifle.
Post edited by willamsheridan on

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    get yourself a bat'leth and have fun.

yes you could use one of the other melee weapon if you want.

and they had a kinetic rifle, I forgot how you get it.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Theres no place for weapons that the Borg cannot adapt to other than the ones we already have.
    It would throw the entire adaption mechanic out the window and devalue the STF ground sets as well as the rep power that lets you go longer without remodulating.

With that in mind theres not even any reason to have such weapons, since the built-in remodulators in the sets are instant.
  • admiraldcadmiraldc Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Remodulation already works far better than it did in canon and you want more to get around adaptation? Give the poor Borg a break. :P
  • straden0straden0 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We had the TR116, well some players still have it but somehow though Cryptic kept mentioning they'd re release it its been mothballed.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've yet to see Borg adapt to a bat'eth. So we already seem to have weapons they do not adapt to.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I found that they adapt poorly to getting their skulls bashed in, with your rifle stock, as well.
    Going caveman on the borg is fun.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have the MACO set and a Mk XII BatLeth so the borg are not quite a problem for me unless i forget to switch from Fleet equipment to MACO ;-). But who cares about the game mechanics and the Rep ability? I don´t.Its a game, the mechanics and rules can cange in an instant. WE just had them changed with the new reputation system . And still there are some kinds of weapon that the Borg should not be able to adapt to like cold or Kinetic. Because those are not real "Energy"types. I know that the Maco sets have an instand frequency remodulator but we have soo many sets now, and the MACO is not the best so why should people still be forced to buy them(as i sait i got one just for the Adapted Rifle.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its called Melee weapons. I have yet to see a Borg adapt to physical attacks. This is where my Klingon really rules the ground. I just hack, slice, and dice my way to victory. On my Fed, I just use my rifle as a weapon. By using it as a big club.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have the MACO set and a Mk XII BatLeth so the borg are not quite a problem for me unless i forget to switch from Fleet equipment to MACO ;-). But who cares about the game mechanics and the Rep ability? I don´t.Its a game, the mechanics and rules can cange in an instant. WE just had them changed with the new reputation system . And still there are some kinds of weapon that the Borg should not be able to adapt to like cold or Kinetic. Because those are not real "Energy"types. I know that the Maco sets have an instand frequency remodulator but we have soo many sets now, and the MACO is not the best so why should people still be forced to buy them(as i sait i got one just for the Adapted Rifle.

Why shouldn't people be required to use gear tailored towards a particular type of foe in order to fight them most effectively? :rolleyes:
    "ALL" the reps do this.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What we need are SAPHE (Semi-Armor Piercing High Explosive) rounds fired from a fully automatic 12.7mm weapon system with a large magazine, but preferably belt fed from a ruggedized self contained battlefield replicator.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, would be the Everything Stopper. And all you have to do is modify the rounds to carry a miniature bio-molecular payload, and then you start mowing down Undine by the hundreds as well.
    edited June 2014
    What we need are SAPHE (Semi-Armor Piercing High Explosive) rounds fired from a fully automatic 12.7mm weapon system with a large magazine, but preferably belt fed from a ruggedized self contained battlefield replicator.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, would be the Everything Stopper. And all you have to do is modify the rounds to carry a miniature bio-molecular payload, and then you start mowing down Undine by the hundreds as well.

no too small, need t- rex mounted mini klingon anti undine weapons.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tholian sword or any melee sword=best weapon to use that don't adapt. Only the tholian sword's energy damage adapts which is a small bonus anyways.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    WTB Infinity Modulator :P
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Borg do not adapt to Space weapons in STO so why can´t we get some Ground Weapons the Borg can not adapt to?

The Borg DO adapt to Space weapons.

Rather they would if the ships weapons weren't automatically remodulating CONSTANTLY.
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Borg do not adapt to Space weapons in STO so why can´t we get some Ground Weapons the Borg can not adapt to? One thing that crossed my mind is :Why can the Borg adapt to cold? Cold is Cold. The Borg in ENT were frozen until the got warmed up again so they can survive but not adapt (their shields) to cold..

So make the Nukara and Breen Weapons with Cold damage also Anti-Borg weapons or make some Kinetic Rifles like Picards Holo-Machinegun from First contact.

Or Electro weapons...

This is 2409/2410 so Voyager and Seven of Nine are back for 30 years and brought home some interesting information about the Borg and Picard also has some knowledge about them..

i dont want them to be totally overpowered but maybe on the same level as the MACO rifle.

you see the borg have something VERY powerful called plot armor, they pretty much could do whatever the hell the writers wanted them to with their "adaptation" in the shows, STO actually made them less ridiculous(sadly cryptic also made the undine capable of being assimilated which is incredibly stupid, but oh well).

cryptic won't give us weapons they cannot adapt to because, they either would be extremely overpowered, or far too weak to bother with(nevermind is kinda hard to beat a pulsewave, even against borg).
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The borg didn't adapt to weapons when STO launched. And the game was A-OK back then.

I'd be fine with returning to that state. Remodulation was supposed to make it feel more like they were dangerous, and more like they were a threat. It doesn't work. It's just another button to push.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    HK91s and SVDs for everyone. WOOT! :D:P
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    The borg should adapt to space weapons as well

just saying
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2014
    Until they come out with projectile weaponry, may I suggest a trusty blade?

Edit: Like what others already suggested.
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think the Borg adapt to explosions. Use those mines, mortars and hand grenades with abandon! :D
    edited June 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    Until they come out with projectile weaponry, may I suggest a trusty blade?

Edit: Like what others already suggested.

Meleeing the Borg is usually not a good strategy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2014

Aside from non-adaptable weapons, may I suggest weapons that have more damage-per-shot. I believe that borg adapt after X amount of shots.
    edited June 2014

really cause it works great for me, then again I melee everything.

edited June 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    really cause it works great for me, then again I melee everything.

Yup. Usually it's not. You have to build for it. And not all professions do it well enough even when built for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Or Electro weapons...

I don't think it's so much the cold as the wind, snow, and ice. I mean they seemed to do fine in the vacuum of space when they were they were trying to make communication with the Borg of the 21st century, and built that device on the deflector.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited June 2014
    Yup. Usually it's not. You have to build for it. And not all professions do it well enough even when built for it.
    but it works great for all my charcter and only one is tac

• furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    but it works great for all my charcter and only one is tac

It's usually not a good idea because you run the risk of assimilation. Hence why, the annoyance of adaptation aside, everyone in the actual shows/movies usually tried to stay as far away from the Borg as possible and shoot at them.

However, it's possible that through a combination of a skill, gear, luck, and teammates with the same, you've managed to make it work for you.

You still won't see me going anywhere within arms reach of an Elite Tactical Drone if I can help it, even with MACO gear and a Tholian sword.

Running up and fighting Undine in melee is a similarly terrible idea, due to the toxin dot they can inflict. They fall over a lot easier than the Borg, admittedly, but I ended up rezzing quite a few teammates who thought they could melee their way through Undine Infiltration Elite, all the same. After awhile, I wanted to believe that some of them were just trolls, and they couldn't all be that ignorant....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
    edited June 2014
    It's usually not a good idea because you run the risk of assimilation. Hence why, the annoyance of adaptation aside, everyone in the actual shows/movies usually tried to stay as far away from the Borg as possible and shoot at them.

However, it's possible that through a combination of a skill, gear, luck, and teammates with the same, you've managed to make it work for you.

You still won't see me going anywhere within arms reach of an Elite Tactical Drone if I can help it, even with MACO gear and a Tholian sword.

Running up and fighting Undine in melee is a similarly terrible idea, due to the toxin dot they can inflict. They fall over a lot easier than the Borg, admittedly, but I ended up rezzing quite a few teammates who thought they could melee their way through Undine Infiltration Elite, all the same. After awhile, I wanted to believe that some of them were just trolls, and they couldn't all be that ignorant....

really undine too... there no way I'm that good or lucky, and I solo mostly. then again I don't do elite content outside of exploring and crystalline catastrophe

• redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I wouldn't melee them in MACO gear either. That's... inefficient. A combination of Adapted MACO, Counter-Command (Undine), Hirogen or Shattering Harmonics gear, yes. All day long. Especially since for a pittance of dilithium I can cancel assimilation nanites instantly.
    I've found the Shattering Harmonics set from the Nukara rep to be very useful against the Undine in melee. It has the terrible energy resistance of most EVA suit sets, but the Undine seem to prefer psionic, toxic or physical damage over energy. The heal over time granted by consumables in the Omega rep store easily handle the small toxic DoT after it's damage is reduced by the EVA suit.
  • matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Then you're probably sux at STF grounds. Melee is a must for STF grounds. Without melee, you wont probably finish some of the STF grounds.