test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risian Bridge

Comments

• reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    August was just me saying that the ship was only going to be used for a few weeks. It is not a secret wink about some giant expansion coming then. It means nothing.

Stop reading things that aren't there.

What I'm working on is [REDACTED] and it's going to be glorious. But if I told you that [REDACTED] was all about [REDACTED], I would likely get in trouble. Hence why I didn't mention [REDACTED] in my earlier post.

Taco confirms biggest new content patch ever to hit in August! ;)
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    August was just me saying that the ship was only going to be used for a few weeks. It is not a secret wink about some giant expansion coming then. It means nothing.

Stop reading things that aren't there.

What I'm working on is [REDACTED] and it's going to be glorious. But if I told you that [REDACTED] was all about [REDACTED], I would likely get in trouble. Hence why I didn't mention [REDACTED] in my earlier post.

Four [REDACTED]'s.

Each one has eight letters for a total of 32 letters.

3+2 is 5, 8 - 5 is 3.....

OMG, Taco just confirmed Half Life 3.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just a thought of mine but...

If we don't get an own interior for that can kdfs at least use fed interiors?

I mean... I can think of a couple fed interiors more or less fitting into the ships but kdfs? No not really, not one, not at all, not remotely...
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014

This game is a reservoir of untapped potential and missed opportunities. Will this "glorious" update alleviate that problem?
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Four [REDACTED]'s.
    REDACTED = lights. We all know there are four lights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticquackcrypticquack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Not going to lie, it was a freaking sweet [REDACTED]. I can't wait to [REDACTED] the [REDACTED] while in the [REDACTED] with the new [REDACTED].
    Nick "Crypticquack" Quackenbush
    33.33% of the STO Ship Art team.
    100% of the new guys on the STO Ship Art team.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not going to lie, it was a freaking sweet [REDACTED]. I can't wait to [REDACTED] the [REDACTED] while in the [REDACTED] with the new [REDACTED].

It's a Rock 'n Roll Gun to shoot the Disco Balls!
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Enjoy it while you still can.... huehuehuehuehue.
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In other words do we start reading in between the lines now? :P

If so, you may be horrified, delighted, or confused.

http://www.darthdzl.us/temp/BetweenTheLines.png
    edited June 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    If so, you may be horrified, delighted, or confused.

http://www.darthdzl.us/temp/BetweenTheLines.png

+1 internet point for you.
  • hawkhawkinshawkhawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just seems really odd that the developers tend to bait the hook and get me interested, then take it away.

Me: Tetryon looks like fun!
    Dev: Weakest beam in the game...
    Me: Oh. well. then... what about polaron then?
    Dev: Hmmm. good point... lets say... what... second weakest in the game then?
    Me: Thanks devs...

Want to make ec without killing things? Lets do the tour.
    Want to do the tour faster? Borg STF for that warp 14 engine! Sorry it means you'll have to kill stuff. Ok...
    Want to do the tour more faster? Buy a vesta... OK!
    Want to have even more fun helping your tour friends? Max ambassador ranks! Ok.
    Dev: Now lets nerf the tour... Invalidating all of the things you've spent time and money on.
    Me: What?

Me: I really like the new esd. Its nice that even though we're supposed to not have access to the shuttlebay there are breaks in the model like there were in the old esd that let us tinkerers in to have a look around. Makes me really appreciate the hard work that went into the shuttlebay! Amazing job devs!
    Dev: You're going where? Yeah... No more of that. Its an object of art... No touchie...
    Me: Didnt picard touch the phoenix to be able to form a more poignant connection with it?
    Dev: I've met picard, and you are no picard... NO TOUCHIE!!!!

Dev: But here. Here's a new risa ship with a cool new interior.
    Me: I'm on it like bread on butter! Thanks guys!
    Dev: Great! I'm glad you like the new content... Except no new interior.
    Dev: Cryptic appreciates your feedback. Nobody cares about the interior.
    Me: Everyone has cared up to this point. You think they're going to change their minds?

Dev: It's ok... We have a beautiful red and black superior surfboard for you.
    Me: Oh, nice. I like it... Saving up now. Is that the midnight marauder or the lavender one?
    Dev: Not tellin. You're enjoying the new risa eh? Good good. So do I
    Me: Ok. I'll buy both. Wow. Both purple... how do I buy the red one.
    Dev: Ah, I love my job...
    Me: I can't buy the red one can I?
    Dev: Nope.
    Me: G#$%^&*!!!!
    Dev: Cryptic thanks you for your feedback.

Dev: I understand you bought a tuffli and have maxxed crafting... and lets see... It looks like you still use the explore star clusters mission to get dilithium instead of running stfs... You're going to love our star cluster 'mod' and crafting update ^_^
    Me: Go to red alert... Brace for impact.

Its becoming amazingly consistant for me to see something I like, run after it like a track dog on race day, then poof. 'We've chosen to go in another direction'

Its as if cryptic looks at my play history, see's what i'm doing, and finds a way to make it mean nothing. Every time. I agree with taco. whatever he's working on is probably something I would totally love. They clearly know the things I totally love, and then develop them halfway... If I still love them enough they will find a way to change that while boldly looking to a new horizon that will help ease the transition from what I do love to what I should love instead.

Thank goodness I don't spend actual cash on this game anymore... I'd have probably dumped cash into zen into keys into lockboxes into lobi to get this ship on the first day... And you're right. Nobody's gonna care about this risa ship either... Because you developed half the ship we expected. We love the stuff you do. We hate the stuff you do half a$$
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I want the deluxe bridge where the Command chair is in fact a hot tub
    sig.jpg
  • cavaleriuscavalerius Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just seems really odd that the developers tend to bait the hook and get me interested, then take it away...

Its becoming amazingly consistent for me to see something I like, run after it like a track dog on race day, then poof. 'We've chosen to go in another direction'

Its as if cryptic looks at my play history, see's what i'm doing, and finds a way to make it mean nothing. Every time.

Hmm.
    Maybe this is why they don't post future updates so far in advance. Because they change things they promise then everyone hates them...

A fix for this? Release updates a day before they're launched. Then everyone hates Cryptic for releasing the update a day before launch rather than a month before hand.

Sometimes I really feel sorry for the dev's. They just can't win. The forums must be the most demotivating place to go to, a place that just fills them with depression at having failed their fans...

[Re-reads previous sentence and starts giggling. Giggling turns into laughter...]
    Beta Antares Shipyards advanced Starship development project.
    CLASSIFIED
    [SIGPIC]the_forseeable_future_by_jetfreak_7-d3dvsud.png
    [/SIGPIC]
    SUPPORT LOGICAL FEDERATION STARSHIP DESIGNS!
    edited June 2014
    We've decided not to do the cool thing with this ship because nobody will care about it.
    Nobody will care about this ship because you decided not to do the cool thing with it.
    Circular logic is circular. This is why we can't have nice things.
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We've decided not to do the cool thing with this ship because nobody will care about it.
    Nobody will care about this ship because you decided not to do the cool thing with it.
    Circular logic is circular. This is why we can't have nice things.

Time is limited, they are working on other cool things. One dev.can't work on two things at the same time.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I really do hope they reconsider and throw in a quickl bridge before the event ends. :(
    Perhaps something like the atrium with a few comms consoles to access all the normal bridge functions.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What about it makes it interesting enough to get or use though? It looks different. I guess people might like that wave thing. But the lounge deck would've really set it apart. They had a chance to make something genuinely great, but settled for meh instead.

I will say, though, at least these ships are easy to get.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    People will have the ship today.

I've already seen a few.
    giphy.gif
  • ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The essence of Taco's response was that: we don't want to waste limited resources on this ship you are going to come to realise was a waste of your limited time resource grinding for.

I get that as a free ship there is possibly a negative incentive for cryptic to give something actually useful and good, as it would cannibalise current and future ship purchases. So yes, the event ships tend to be fairly uninteresting by design. I am guessing that most people grinding this ship out are just doing so to make sure they have it in case it is worth it.

Some will absolutely be excited by it's console or it's alternative look, and this is central to why it should have had a decent bridge. If the bridge had had some Risian functionality or it had provided an interesting aesthetic it would have broadened it's appeal like the console and exterior look of the ship were designed to do. Giving it a useful, interesting bridge would have meant that more people would be more excited, surely this is a good thing. Excited players spend more money and convince more people to play. Grumpy players badmouth the game and close their wallets.

And yes, we would have continued to use the ship, not in combat situations probably, there are *many* ships better than this one, but for pootling about space, which would have been genuinely a cool thing to have. This is exactly the kind of possibility the new load out feature has made possible. Non-combat ships are now infinitely more appealing.

In truth the mistake cryptic made was going the luxury liner route at all. This is just another cruiser, with nothing thematically interesting about it and does not in anyway live up to it's luxury billing. I hope that there was internal discussion about this and that they realise their mistake at this point.

I actually like the Risa event, and I genuinely think STO has never been this good. I am not trolling, I am just trying to give feedback to help cryptic be better in the future (and maybe, just maybe to try to give them an incentive to give me an awesome bridge that I can tell people about).
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yep. It's a luxury cruiser that does nothing luxurious. I mean, if you're not going to give it an interesting interior, give it some unique battle tactics, like shooting fireworks at opponents to disable sensors, or carrier pets of guys in spacesuits on powerboards with bazookas, or champagne torpedoes.
  • pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok so lets Break down why we want this unique interior.

Its a Luxury Cruise Liner. Not a combat vessel.

We want the interior to be a piece of the summer event we can carry around with us and use when ever we like!

Personally I wanted a Party Ship to hold Fleet Shore Leave. Imagine it, a bar, a pool, simulated beach, View of the stars, maybe a Power Board Circuit that goes along the windows in a tube so u feel like ur power boarding across the stars!

I Have not intention to take this ship into an STF.

So Keep Your 4 fore and 4 aft weapon slots, Forget the consoles and Bridge stations!

Give Us The INTERIOR!
    edited June 2014
    Exactly. I wanted the ship before I knew it even had any combat capabilities...
    I'd have used it on the tour (which I still run despite the abuse it's taken)
    Its a ship I'd be proud to own because it was a ship that really could make me remember feeling good about my time investment in attaining it. It was sold as awesome. And what they were selling I agreed was awesome... I was ready for the awesome. They successfully cranked up my anticipation. This is not anticipation that I cultivated myself without their help and input.

But I feel like at some point they said...

"Its going to take too much work to get the custom interior. What can we do instead?'
    "We can weaponize it..."

I'm afraid the ability of this thing to go into combat doesnt even come close to making up for what was given up. It was a cheap and lazy compensation for something they've been hyping for months. And that's why 'nobody cares about the risa ship'.

When they opened up the promenade I immediately went looking at all the new boards thinking 'this red one to the left of the klingon board... thats the one I want'... I must get the ship so I have a space beach... I must get at least one swimsuit. Summer is going to be awesome.

The event has been around for 2 days. Summer is no longer awesome. Sure the race is fun (though I expected several different routes)... The suits are nice... But I've learned the ship isnt the ship I was hoping for and the board I like isnt even purchasable.... I'm too deeply invested in the ship not to finish the job now (had 580 pearls from last year that I dropped into the project before I found out the ship wasnt going to live up to expectations) but if I had my pearls back i'd seriously consider my risa event to be over... I've got all the suits and boards I need since I cant get the board I want, so there's no point in more favors... and now that the ship isn't the ship I was expecting I'd have stopped doing the pearl event as well.... Always unmet expectations set by these guys... Thank goodness the swimsuit was delivered as advertised. I wasnt *expecting* to be able to wear them anywhere else but risa so I wasn't disappointed by the fact that you couldnt. They didnt falsely hype that you'd be able to. They didnt build a ziggurat of hope in me just to smash it down. The suits alone are everything I expected them to be.

I totally agree with Cavalerius... I'd rather not hear from the devs at all if all I'm getting is enthusiasm and hype for something they don't end up even doing. Stop getting my hopes up and I wont be so fired up when they get shot down... At least warn me before I make an investment... Why is it that I dont find out there wont be an interior until AFTER i've dropped the pearls I saved from last year? Why is it I have to buy 2000 favors worth of boards before I find out there are boards on display that arent for sale? Surely they wouldnt make the coolest looking board the one you *couldnt* buy... Oh yes the would. Count on it. Expect it. Thats exactly what they do. Gettin old, kids.... Gettin old.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't mind seeing a unique interior some day but I'm not in any kind of rush.

This for me. I'd like to see it eventually. But i'm fine with it not happening straight away.
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just seems really odd that the developers tend to bait the hook and get me interested, then take it away.

Me: Tetryon looks like fun!
    Dev: Weakest beam in the game...
    Me: Oh. well. then... what about polaron then?
    Dev: Hmmm. good point... lets say... what... second weakest in the game then?
    Me: Thanks devs...

Want to make ec without killing things? Lets do the tour.
    Want to do the tour faster? Borg STF for that warp 14 engine! Sorry it means you'll have to kill stuff. Ok...
    Want to do the tour more faster? Buy a vesta... OK!
    Want to have even more fun helping your tour friends? Max ambassador ranks! Ok.
    Dev: Now lets nerf the tour... Invalidating all of the things you've spent time and money on.

Me: I really like the new esd. Its nice that even though we're supposed to not have access to the shuttlebay there are breaks in the model like there were in the old esd that let us tinkerers in to have a look around. Makes me really appreciate the hard work that went into the shuttlebay! Amazing job devs!
    Dev: You're going where? Yeah... No more of that. Its an object of art... No touchie...
    Me: Didnt picard touch the phoenix to be able to form a more poignant connection with it?
    Dev: I've met picard, and you are no picard... NO TOUCHIE!!!!

Dev: But here. Here's a new risa ship with a cool new interior.
    Me: I'm on it like bread on butter! Thanks guys!
    Dev: Great! I'm glad you like the new content... Except no new interior.
    Dev: Cryptic appreciates your feedback. Nobody cares about the interior.
    Me: Everyone has cared up to this point. You think they're going to change their minds?

Dev: It's ok... We have a beautiful red and black superior surfboard for you.
    Me: Oh, nice. I like it... Saving up now. Is that the midnight marauder or the lavender one?
    Dev: Not tellin. You're enjoying the new risa eh? Good good. So do I
    Me: Ok. I'll buy both. Wow. Both purple... how do I buy the red one.
    Dev: Ah, I love my job...
    Me: I can't buy the red one can I?
    Dev: Nope.
    Me: G#$%^&*!!!!
    Dev: Cryptic thanks you for your feedback.

Its becoming amazingly consistant for me to see something I like, run after it like a track dog on race day, then poof. 'We've chosen to go in another direction'

Its as if cryptic looks at my play history, see's what i'm doing, and finds a way to make it mean nothing. Every time. I agree with taco. whatever he's working on is probably something I would totally love. They clearly know the things I totally love, and then develop them halfway... If I still love them enough they will find a way to change that while boldly looking to a new horizon that will help ease the transition from what I do love to what I should love instead.

Thank goodness I don't spend actual cash on this game anymore... I'd have probably dumped cash into zen into keys into lockboxes into lobi to get this ship on the first day... And you're right. Nobody's gonna care about this risa ship either... Because you developed half the ship we expected. We love the stuff you do. We hate the stuff you do half a$$

:D:D:D

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    themartian wrote: »
    Of course it would be nice to have. It's nice to have the Breen one. But it isn't that big a deal while bridges just aren't that well used. Especially if they have actual content they're working on.

They put in a Breen bridge last winter, why can't they eventually make one for the Summer ships? :P It doesn't have to be right away like I said but it would be nice to see one some day...and I don't care if I can't wear bathing suits on it.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited June 2014
    There are very few things in game development that are easy. Seemingly "simple" things are complicated and seemingly complicated things are just that much more.

For the bridge, it was something the entire team was on board with getting done. However, as with anything in game development, sometimes we can't accomplish what we initially set out to do, due to unforeseen circumstances.

Case in point. The Risian bridge.
  • pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I understand u can run outta time on these things, but is there any plans to add the bridge at a later date?
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tocofangs!

, That [REDACTED] is the most amazing [REDACTED] [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] I do believe I've seen yet.. Just the level of [REDACTED] should bring about a major impact upon [REDEACTED]. I'm absolutely certain the the player base will find themselves beside them selves over the level of [REDACTED] that you've brought into the process. Not only current [REDACTED] but future [REDACTED]!

Keep up the good work! I'm sure that the [REDACTED] will continue to be well received!

On the original thread subject... The demand, and desire is there. From what little folks have said here, there does seem to be a consensus of what players want from the interior.

Luxurious.. Absolutely!, Perhaps even a tad minimalist. Connected to the Atrium..Well, that ones mine, I'll cop to it.. a "Flying" bridge sort of arrangement.. You know forward, and UP!.. Multilevel bridge its self...not only the ships primary command and control area, but a social area in its own right. The Atrium should incorporate.. "Holo" technologies and appear much larger then it is... Have a beach, jungle, mountain delve, Winter resort. Oh, and a concert hall with seating, a stage, .. a dance club with stage for performers, and a mosh pit/ dance floor.. on several levels... mood lighting appropriate to the venue selected.. dance hall, jazz club, concert hall, night club. With the "Holo" feature you can have a Hoverboard track, or a ice skating, ice racing track... make a smaller version of the hover board for ice racing...

There is a lot that could be incorporated as mini games/ship board activities... ((and be sure to craft up some non-starfleet/KDF/RR uniforms for the ships crew if players choose to run their ships as I will as a armed civilian axilury vessel.

Build a basic setup that can have things plugged into it.. and sell expansions in the c-store.. No objection to cryptic making money as long as I can can get something I consider cool for it!

Oh, and yes, the "regulation uniform" rule does not apply to off duty personnel, and guests aboard a luxury liner.

I do hope as I stated in another thread that the dev team gets a chance to plug at the risian bridge some more... ya'll could showcase the "bridge" layout its self on the risian corvette, before hitting the liner's with all the additional possible bells and whistles.

And keep Tocafang's working on [REDACTED] with fail! It has been some of best [REDACTED] these forums, and this game has seen yet! We need more!

((the message to tacofangs had as its subject "[REDACTED]"... this is for those that didn't get the joke... there's always a few you know.. and I am not unkind! And they should not feel left out or belittled, but it is somewhat subtle joke))

Khemaraa Iron Hand sends.

'
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
    edited June 2014
    pmadden wrote: »
    I understand u can run outta time on these things, but is there any plans to add the bridge at a later date?

There are currently no plans to make a Risian bridge for the future, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited June 2014
    Id rather like romulan alternate bridges... klingons have a smal selection , federation have a huge selection...

but romulans only have this one bridge...

(( atleast on all ships i own...Fleet Dhelan Warbird Retrofit , Dhael Warbird , Mirror Dhelan Retrofit , hapax , hafeh , hanom... mirror and normal version...))

all the same bridges

i heard the scimitar has one different bridge.. but that dosent help my Fleet Dhelan Retrofit having more than one...

P.S. i dont get the idea of all those civilian and enemy ships...

Klingons would only use Ship of Honor...

Federation has a protocol on Ships they use...

Romulans have Cloaking ship .. why would they use a Space titanic..?

so... why dont cryptic gives us a Traders/Pirates/Freebooters/civilian/freighters faction? atleast all those other ships would better fit into the game...