test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Sub Deal

jetpaczx49jetpaczx49 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I don't suppose anyone knows if when there will be a deal again on the Lifetime Sub prices?
Post edited by jetpaczx49 on

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The last two times were at the release of LoR and the release of season 8 which were both last year. Since this was pretty recent i doubt there will be one in a while. This november comes the 20th anniversary of TNG, so maybe then?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    [QUOTE=seriousdave;17184711This november comes the 20th anniversary of TNG, so maybe then?[/QUOTE]
    I really do not see anyone getting excited about the 20th Anniversary of Generations. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • verizyneverizyne Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Aww. I have squirrel'd away enough (minus -21$) towards the Lifetime deal. I was kinda hoping for a break/deal/sale thingy, but if not then I guess I'm only 21$ away.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    verizyne wrote: »
    Aww. I have squirrel'd away enough (minus -21$) towards the Lifetime deal. I was kinda hoping for a break/deal/sale thingy, but if not then I guess I'm only 21$ away.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Lifetime_subscription#section_1

They have historically had at least two LTS sales per calendar year. With no sale yet in 2014, it seems very likely that a sale will come soon. Maybe same time as summer event launch????
    edited June 2014
    Mmm... now either to wait and see... or ... attempt to get that 21$.

Thanks for the link this has now made me do the debate thingy I have when I have to choose. XD
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There will be no LTS sale because LTS no longer exists.... I don't see see links readily available to even purchase LTS at a normal price tag. Everything that's moved to the Arc site is "buy our $200 Romulan stuff" Nowhere have i found a "Purchase lifetime for Star Trek Online"

It's not there, like it no longer exists... and if it DOES exist the devs are sure as hell not eager to point to where.
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2014
    sunseahl wrote: »
    There will be no LTS sale because LTS no longer exists.... I don't see see links readily available to even purchase LTS at a normal price tag. Everything that's moved to the Arc site is "buy our $200 Romulan stuff" Nowhere have i found a "Purchase lifetime for Star Trek Online"

It's not there, like it no longer exists... and if it DOES exist the devs are sure as hell not eager to point to where.

Subscription Options

Found through google search lifetime is at the bottom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sunseahl wrote: »

Really? Nowhere to found, eh? What's this (look under Veteran Rewards)?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited June 2014
    Ya... uh... I wouldn't have posted if I didn't see the option under the Subscription link so I can know HOW much I needed to gather.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    verizyne wrote: »
    Ya... uh... I wouldn't have posted if I didn't see the option under the Subscription link so I can know HOW much I needed to gather.
    At the current time, you'd need $300 to get the subscription, but at a time when there's a sale, it'd be $200.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited June 2014
    Ya I'm 21 shy of 300 and 79 over any sale that may or may not happen. I may just sigh, bite the bullet and do 300 and have nothing left. Rather than 200 and have 79 left.

The former number I researched before even getting 10$, the sale numbers this thread revealed to me. But with no pattern I can't predict if a sale will happen in the next month or in the next 6.
  • bookreader84bookreader84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Simply wait for the sale, there is almost always a Xmas sale so if you can wait 6 months then do so. the 300$ pricetag is in my opinion way to expensive to pay unless they say they will no longer offer it but current owners will be grandfathered in. then certainly buy it but otherwise wait till Xmas
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited June 2014
    I am in the same boat! Ready for the LTS sale, for reals. :D

But, given that the PWE team had some troubles last week, I'm willing to assume that their schedule might be off a bit. They would be wise to do the sale soon, to generate some revenue (as others on here have convinced me to wait, for this reason). $300 is a lot, and I was hoping to spend the extra saved money on some keys. The mothership will get my money, one way or another, LOL.

I will give it until the end of June... if there is no sale by then, it will be decision time. :-/
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • markdbmarkdb Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have $200 just waiting for a lts sale. I do wish Cryptic would do it already. I'm often tempted to use for something else. A new shiny 3ds is looking better and better all the time. But I just know the day after I break down and spend it, they'll announce the ltd is on sale.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, seeing as the start of the Fiscal year in Australia is July 1st, and many, many people will be getting their Tax Refunds within a few weeks of that date, like me, they'll be looking for something to spend it on ... I might just be persuaded to spend some of mine on the LTS, if it goes on sale around the end of July or sometime in August ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would guess that once Expansion 2 is released this year, that would be the ideal time when Cryptic will also give a discount on the LTS price.

Of course the question is when will Expansion 2 be released.

I have my $200 USD ready; it's not going anywhere. I can wait until 2015 if necessary.