What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Showdown Tournament

2»

Comments

• ahilles7ahilles7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    aldo1raine wrote: »
    Not in, mostly because I uninstalled the game a few months ago. FREEEEDOM!!!!!!

Then don't post it in here if you are not interested.:p

This is for those who are interested.:)
    edited June 2014
    http://www.twitch.tv/rx0_unicorn/

There you go,Twitch Channel where matches will be shown.

This is just one,there might also be another one,we shall see and you will be informed.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    House of Beautiful Orions

Team A:
    @nebulgamnezar - Leader
    @EtherCircuit - Alt Leader
    @Blahhdrey
    @SnogE00F
    @marc8219
    @currahee320
    @emoejoe
    @yggdraheim99
    @mindsharp
    @markg1701

June 7th would work best.

I added a few extra handles and we will choose the team the day-of or just use whoever shows up if that's alright. We wanted to do 2 teams, but didn't have quite enough that could make it. Also, I didn't put the profession down of each player because everyone has multiple professions and what they play will be determined by who shows up and the composition of the team.
    edited June 2014
    No problem Skurf,understandable.

Don't forget to inform your teammates to join JF Inter Fleet channel.

Re-Edit your post in case you guys finallized your 5-man team,so i can do that on our forums.:)

Also today until 4PM EST(9PM BST),fleets can still sign up,after that it gets closed.
    edited June 2014
    pascalb1 wrote: »
    Thx mate,

however I can't join the channel. How is the exact name pls.

JF Inter Fleet

Some others had problems,but they got in.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK then,

since it seems that indeed some teams signed up for this tournament, Inner Circle will throw the hat into the ring.

Our actual line-up will depend on what members will be available on saturday.

Inner Circle team members (this is an excerpt, all Inner Circle members are eligible to join):

- @ilhansk (person of contact)
    - @usshannibal (person of contact)
    - @Syncotron
    - @Dxxdavid
    - @Minitrckin08
    - @sleeperdemon
    - @ParisofAlexandria
    - @baukl0tz
    - @shane12088
    - @DarkStar2345
    - etc.

Dependending on the level of interest Inner Circle might field two teams.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

edited June 2014
    No problem Ilhansk.
    edited June 2014

Thank you all who signed up for tournament.
    edited June 2014
    ahilles7, I was wondering if we have 10 people show up would it be possible to enter two teams, or are we limited to the single team that I signed up. Chances are that 10 people won't show up, and I won't be there myself, but I want to be able to tell the fleet what to expect.

P.S. I have a small suggestion for the wording of your rule "-Scramble Sensors with no Seggis doff"

Since there are more doffs that have this ability than ones that are just named Seggis, I'd suggest changing the wording to "-No doffs that increase cooldowns when Scramble Sensors is used." That way it leaves less room for interpretation.

I know it may be a bit late to change rules, but another little thing I noticed is that you're not disallowing D'kora EMP with Aux2Bat cooldown reduction. The devs have acknowledged this as a bug, just not a very important one that is worth their time to fix.

Neither of these issues are huge as I'm sure people understood what you meant with the Seggis doff, and there's only 1 person I'm aware of that uses the D'kora EMP bug, but ya never know...
    edited June 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    ahilles7, I was wondering if we have 10 people show up would it be possible to enter two teams, or are we limited to the single team that I signed up. Chances are that 10 people won't show up, and I won't be there myself, but I want to be able to tell the fleet what to expect.

P.S. I have a small suggestion for the wording of your rule "-Scramble Sensors with no Seggis doff"

Since there are more doffs that have this ability than ones that are just named Seggis, I'd suggest changing the wording to "-No doffs that increase cooldowns when Scramble Sensors is used." That way it leaves less room for interpretation.

I know it may be a bit late to change rules, but another little thing I noticed is that you're not disallowing D'kora EMP with Aux2Bat cooldown reduction. The devs have acknowledged this as a bug, just not a very important one that is worth their time to fix.

Neither of these issues are huge as I'm sure people understood what you meant with the Seggis doff, and there's only 1 person I'm aware of that uses the D'kora EMP bug, but ya never know...

Thank you for the information.

Will change that with Scramble Sensors.

As D'Kora EMP,yes i know it is bug,etc...but now when we have already 10 fleet ready for tournament.
    Don't want to do too much tournament rule changes anymore,because that might then pull fleets off.
    So it stays for this tournament,but if we plan to organize another tournament(and we plan if this one goes well),then yea we won't put it as rule then.

As for 2nd team,yes you can enter with 2nd team and they will fight seperatly(apoligies for my wording,english is not my mother language).

I know Jupiter Force and UFP have 2 teams and will be fighting seperate.

Also this how would look tournament elimination with fleets having 2 teams.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=yEEFyeKogI

Just example:

Jupiter Force - Team Omega and Team Alpha

UFP - UFP Team A and Team B
  • pascalb1pascalb1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi mate,

maybe u didn't see my second post. Can u pls tell me what the exact name of that channel is pls.

Thx and when will the tourney now take place?
    Nova Aurora Polaris
    - Nova Aurora Polaris -
    @pascalb1
    edited June 2014
    pascalb1 wrote: »
    Hi mate,

maybe u didn't see my second post. Can u pls tell me what the exact name of that channel is pls.

Thx and when will the tourney now take place?

And i already answered you:

JF Inter Fleet

(page 4 is where i answered you first time)

4PM EST(9PM BST),Saturday...everything is on first page

Also we plan to invite you guys to our Teamspeak,so we can better communicate regarding teams.

I know,some of you don't speak English properly(neither i am),but still just listening will be enough.:)
  • pascalb1pascalb1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thx mate,

I have over looked this one my bet.
    Nova Aurora Polaris
    - Nova Aurora Polaris -
    @pascalb1
    edited June 2014
    Is the time for this tourney 4 PM EST or 4 PM US-Eastern? I thought they were the same, but I'm getting different results depending on if I use EST or US-Eastern time zone based on the Time Zone Converter website.
    04:00:00 p.m. Saturday June 7, 2014 in EST converts to
    05:00:00 p.m. Saturday June 7, 2014 in US/Eastern
    Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in EST
    Daylight Saving Time is in effect on this date/time in US/Eastern
    Apparently, EST is not affected by daylight savings where US-Eastern is. Not sure which one you meant and I'm not sure what BST is either.
    :confused::confused:
    edited June 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    Is the time for this tourney 4 PM EST or 4 PM US-Eastern? I thought they were the same, but I'm getting different results depending on if I use EST or US-Eastern time zone based on the Time Zone Converter website.

Apparently, EST is not affected by daylight savings where US-Eastern is. Not sure which one you meant and I'm not sure what BST is either.
    :confused::confused:

It's 4PM EST(eastern standard time) or 4PM EDT(eastern daylight time)

Thats when our weekend events always start,so both Europeans and Americans can play together.

We also like to call it "After STOked Radio show".

BST is Brittish Standard Time,replacement for GMT.
    edited June 2014
    All signed up fleets,remember to hop on our teamspeak 30 minutes before Tournament starts.

Team leaders of each teams have received in-game mail of Jupiter Force teamspeak info.

Listening is enough,in case you aren't good english talker.

See ya and everyone wish Fun and Good luck in the tournament.:)
    edited June 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    I hope someone recorded the tourney matches :D.

They have been recorded and saved on twitch channel i linked for next 7 days.:)

http://www.twitch.tv/rx0_unicorn/
    edited June 2014
    Winners:

1st Place - House of Beautiful Orions Team 1

2nd Place - Inner Circle

3rd Place - Omega Flotte

Congrats guys,see you next time.

Stages:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MoolF-hbY4ZKTiK5Xf8BgPq3ZaU6dPY_RTcxapLlybc/edit?usp=sharing
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who participated! :)

If anyone have the recordings from the matches they participated please link them here so everyone can see tham.

Thank you in advance!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Congratulations to the Hobos for the well deserved 1st place and to all the fleet who participated! :)

And special thanks to the hosts, you really did a great job, especially considering that it was your first attempt at hosting such an event. Keep it up! :)
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you to Jupiter Force for making the tourney, and to all the participants for the good fights.

I hope we can all do this again another time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks to Jupiter Force for hosting and to all of the other fleets who showed up to play, we had some great games and a lot of fun. I'd play another JF-hosted tourney any time.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • mdwgardiner1701mdwgardiner1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Jupiter Force, players and fleets. Hope much fun was had and more tourneys are to come :)
    Inner Circle / Special Circumstances
    Gardiner, Suval, Thran
    Korvak, Raketh, Xedar, Zidow
    Decis, Vesok
  • magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks to Jupiter Force as flawless hosts and congrats to everyone who participated! :cool:
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Jupiter Force for hosting a great tourney. Even though I couldn't make it, I heard lots of positive things about it and I even got to watch some of the matches that you posted on Twitch, and I must say that commentator on the videos is amazing! Great job with that and the tourney as a whole.

One thing I noticed the announcer say was that because the time had reached the 30 minute limit, that the next kill would win the match, but the score was like 7 or 8 to 1. If the team that was behind would have got the next kill, having them win the match 2-8 doesn't seem quite fair to me. Maybe for next time (I really hope there is a next time) you could only do sudden death if the score is tied. Otherwise, if the time limit is reached, whoever is currently in the lead should be declared victorious.
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Skurf for suggestion.

But yes,there will be another tourney like this at the end of the year.

Also there is another upcoming at end of June hosted by other 2 organizators of JF.

This time it will be Ground version.

Here is the link:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1134231

So if your fleet has Ground PVP lovers,you migh be interested in this one too.
    edited June 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UomneJYSNaE&feature=youtu.be

Recorded match between Inner Circle and Czechoslovakia Fleet 1st and 2nd Division.

No commentary this time,just me as Refeere and recorded match.:)