Install Arc
Options

Disappearing hotbar space skills after map loading

2»

Comments

• Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This just started happening to my characters. I haven't touched the loadouts on ANY of my characters - I assumed that the loadouts were responsible so I didn't touch them. But this week I noticed that my skill bars are getting screwed up (skills disappearing, skills I don't want appearing instead).

On my Romulan toon it removes Distribute Power to Shields from hotkey 1. It likes to put abandon ship on my skill bar, which I never use and take off my skill bar when I see it.

On my Fed toon it moves some of my abilities around - I keep brace for impact on hotkey 2 and evasive maneuvers on hotkey 3. These get moved someplace else. It also adds abandon ship and ramming speed to my skill bar, which I never use and take off when I see them.

I assume the bug is getting worse?
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is a known issue and our programmers are working on a fix. This has been a tough bug to squash as it doesn't affect every character in the game, so they need to get a fix for the affected characters while making sure they don't break things for everyone else.

The issue is not being ignored, it's just proving difficult to fix.

Is this along with the other issue besides this one I have encountered where I originally saved a build and when I try to save again with different doff setup for my active space roster where it reverts it back to the original build?
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is a known issue and our programmers are working on a fix. This has been a tough bug to squash as it doesn't affect every character in the game, so they need to get a fix for the affected characters while making sure they don't break things for everyone else.

*In his best Tiny Tim voice*

Please sir, please ask them to fix these two related bugs while they're at it. Devices haven't properly equipped themselves on the power tray since Season SIX (their slotting behavior was broken when S7 launched), and you can't drag ship devices directly from their slots to the tray even though you can do so for ground slots:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1118611
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13504931
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1074431
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1097641

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    cjtombraider#7376 cjtombraider Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is one other workaround (but you're not going to like it) that I discovered today if the above workarounds aren't working. It's a big one to do; but it did fix the problem. Also, this will only work for C-Store ships.

1. Un-equip all the ships equipment
    2. Discharge the ship
    3. Reclaim it from the C-Store
    4. Re-equip your ship equipment
    5. Save the loadout
  • Options
    liubei013liubei013 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It only happens with my female Romulan character and only since she switched from Solenae destroyer to Ambassador class cruiser. Space rack #1 in hotbar is just fine. But I also have space rack #2 set up and have to keep resetting it when I switch to her (the character) and have her beam up to her ship. Glad to hear it's part of the Bug Hunt.

I've encountered this same bug recently. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but this bug has only affected my kdf toon (starfleet & rom are untouched at the moment) after I used the Solenae destroyer during the "Sphere of Influence" mission. I have yet to touch the loadout system too. But yeah, this bug has pretty much made it very difficult to play said kdf toon. :(
  • Options
    trenchburtontrenchburton Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Came back to the game after being gone for 3 years, and this tray bug is just killing my game. If it does not get patched soon, I might have to vanish for another 3 years. Lots of games out there these days on Steam.
  • Options
    kira30kira30 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Finally found what works for me and it's fine now for past few days, every time I change anything on my ship, (even if it's a device like consumable turrets) I click "Save As" and then confirm over-write of the old loadout with the same name. Since then I've not had this issue. I know this doesn't work for everyone but hopefully it helps some players since it worked me and a couple of my fleet members.
  • Options
    datormortis0datormortis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I would like to ask for an update on this issue, thanks, @datormortis.
  • Options
    skallgrimsonskallgrimson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just wanted to let you know this is still happening =(...

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise...
    seek what they sought." -Basho
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I skipped the whole getting rid of the ship and just resaved the loadouts. Seems to fix it. If it goes fubar, just reload the loadout and bam everything's back.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To pile ontop; I have this issue too. Good that it's being worked on, I just hope it's a priority issue. This frustrates me to no end.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    bigduke66bigduke66 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is there maybe a workaround for it?
    If this is at least since April a problem it's a damned shame that it is still not solved.
  • Options
    xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It will be nice when we can save hotbar layouts

This is a great idea. I assume the UI .ini is stored locally on your computer and not on the servers themselves. A simple Save buttom in the upper right of the hotbars to force the ui .ini files to update might actually solve this issue. Again assuming that this game like almost all MMO's saved the config data locally.

Oh, and yes I have this issue and honestly it makes the game upleasant to play to say the least.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When you change anything power related (move something on the hotbar, change a boff, change a set which gives a bonus power etc) you need to
    1- Save the loadout
    2- Switch to a different ship
    3- Switch back to the ship you want to use (means waiting for the cooldown timer to expire)

That does 'fix' the issue, even if it is extremely annoying because you have to do it every single time you change something.

I had high hopes for this fix, but like all the others, it doesn't work for my Reman KDF. I only claimed & staffed the ship after the patch yesterday, so new ships might just be hopelessly broken or something.
  • Options
    fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    scimitar2 wrote: »
    There is one other workaround (but you're not going to like it) that I discovered today if the above workarounds aren't working. It's a big one to do; but it did fix the problem. Also, this will only work for C-Store ships.

1. Un-equip all the ships equipment
    2. Discharge the ship
    3. Reclaim it from the C-Store
    4. Re-equip your ship equipment
    5. Save the loadout

I tried purging my ship completely, reclaiming it and setting it back up from scratch, and it's now gone 10 minutes without reverting the toolbar (swapped between sectors, gone from space to ground and back, etc.). So I'm getting skeptically optimistic.

I'm not sure what triggered the problem, since I thought that I claimed this ship only yesterday (after the patch). But dropping/reclaiming seems to have fixed it for now. I'll update if it goes wonky again.
  • Options
    ndawg81ndawg81 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have had constant issues with keeping my weapons battery and rock and roll maneuver slotted. They keep disappearing every time i switch maps and i mean any kind of map. mission.PvP/PvE even simple sector block switching moving from one block to another and they both disappear
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I had high hopes for this fix, but like all the others, it doesn't work for my Reman KDF. I only claimed & staffed the ship after the patch yesterday, so new ships might just be hopelessly broken or something.

Yeah five months ago it worked well. But they seem to have introduced some new bugs to the loadout system. Ideally, I'd love it if they'd add a "delete loadout" function. Because it seems like sometimes it just doesn't update the saved loadout, but you can't delete it and just start again. If you've got a ship you can reclaim then what you ended up doing is a workaround (if you can call it that, haha) but if you have a fleet ship or lock box ship then you can't just dismiss it and reclaim it.

I have noticed in the last few days, that if I have items 'equipped' in loadouts for two different ships (even my main ship and my shuttle for instance) then I seem to get a lot more loadout saving issues. For now I've gone through all of my other ships and just cleared them off all items so it stops messing up my main ship. Fingers crossed that gets me somewhere.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    nikki191nikki191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well ive been trying all the fixes in the thread so far and at most they wmight work for 3 or 4 map transitions before the toolbar and loadout bugs appear.

It basically makes the game unplayable for me so im logging on to get my free lobi later today and calling it quits for the moment, ill check back in a few weeks or months to see if they fixed it.
  • Options
    twistedsouljatwistedsoulja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Theres another 21 page thread about this, http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254191&page=22 so I am sure they are working on a patch, that I hope we will get within a few days since I would say 90% of us are getting it