test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Counter Command T5 has no rewards

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I signed in to do reputation every day (this is what Cryptic wanted us to do in the first place anyway) but I wasn't in a hurry since day one of Season 9. Now I'm Tier Five, after what, a month and a little more?

indeed, my Rom tac just finished running the daileys, and has just made sponsorship tokens for some of my other toons. It's at the point now where people just doing it at a normal pace are finishing it up. It only takes about 35-40 days to finish a rep if running at a steady pace. It's been 37 days so this is when all the steady players will normally start finishing it.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I signed in to do reputation every day (this is what Cryptic wanted us to do in the first place anyway) but I wasn't in a hurry since day one of Season 9. Now I'm Tier Five, after what, a month and a little more?

IMHO, they should really not release hourly projects for new reps. Roll out the hourlies only once the T5 stuff is complete.

Also, instead of 20 hour project cooldowns, go with a daily hard reset. You do the project. It completes instantly. It opens up again at 2am PST regardless of what time you did it the day before.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really hope they add some featured episodes for the Undine or at least some cutscenes to the tiers like the Voth reputation did. The Plot is starting to get spread pretty thin here.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    IMHO, they should really not release hourly projects for new reps. Roll out the hourlies only once the T5 stuff is complete.

Also, instead of 20 hour project cooldowns, go with a daily hard reset. You do the project. It completes instantly. It opens up again at 2am PST regardless of what time you did it the day before.

I wouldnt mind that actually :)

though have an hourly that doesnt provide rep just so we can get free rep-store items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We definitely had standard rewards made for this, but it looks like a bug is causing them not to award properly. We started fixing the issue yesterday, so hopefully this will be resolved soon. Sorry, in the meantime, for the inconvenience (the reward will be retroactive, but I know it sucks to wait.)
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We definitely had standard rewards made for this, but it looks like a bug is causing them not to award properly. We started fixing the issue yesterday, so hopefully this will be resolved soon. Sorry, in the meantime, for the inconvenience (the reward will be retroactive, but I know it sucks to wait.)

Oh! Huh. Alright, that makes sense! Thanks for letting us know!
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2014

So when are the multiple bugs with the ground visuals you unlock with the armor at tier 5 going to be fixed? Suit and accessories use differing palettes, the left arm's glowing component color choice uses a differing palette from all the other ones, the color of some parts (all accessory components and the inside of either leg, notably) bleeds into the glowing components and messes with their coloration and messes it up, and there's usually a noticeably, ugly neckseam where the head and torso do not actually come together cleanly.

All of this was on an alien, but most of the problems were present on the few other species I checked too.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Along with the major graphics lag one can hope...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    T5 not having a reward, both space sets being bugged.... (weapons set keeps unequipping itself, and space set has NO actual benefit in fluidic space and doesnt even kill the puddles with the 3 set bonus....) it still shows fluidic friction in the fluidic space stfs

so basically the whole season 9 rep is frigged... well i would say why didnt they test it if i havent one of those sorry TRIBBLE tribble testers to test it... problemm to grind the whole friggin thing on tribble also... and us nnot being able to give proper feedback as you cant realy make marks on tribble as no stfs queue is ever being full...

great work cryptic.. you had one job... put a new rep in the new season and not even that you did right..
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We definitely had standard rewards made for this, but it looks like a bug is causing them not to award properly.

Same bug that caused the same issue when Dyson grind came out? :rolleyes:
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited May 2014

So... no special reward? No Doff, Boff, cutscene, story progression... I would even take some log entries...
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    Seriously? Was this stated before that it is missing or WAI?

Please don't tell me that I wasted my time with 6 alts to do the Undine rep....the T5 rewards were the only reason I did it with them....:(

Lol, if that's all you're doing it for then don't do them all at once: run the rro to T5 on your main, then get the sponsorship token for each of your alts. At the minute, you're wasting time anyway.
    giphy.gif
  • rothan117rothan117 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Finding out that there is no T5 reward and the sets are bugged, I found myself asking myself why am I grinding this rep anyway. What is the point of it? I had no answer, so I logged out and stopped working on the rep on my main and 2 alts.

My ships are geared, I have enough dil at the moment, I have fleet marks coming out me ears. Hard to come up with a reason to even log in and grind the same old stuff again and again.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I find it very disappointing.

So Season 9 ends up literally being a cut and paste of Season 8, and all we got is 1 new battlezone and 3 queued events nobody wants to play. No rewards, no story progression, and all for anti-undine gear that likely would be sitting in our inventories for years.

All I can say is that expansion they've been bragging about, better contain as much or more content than LoR.
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2014

So no special reward this time?

/\
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I find it very disappointing.

So Season 9 ends up literally being a cut and paste of Season 8, and all we got is 1 new battlezone and 3 queued events nobody wants to play. No rewards, no story progression, and all for anti-undine gear that likely would be sitting in our inventories for years.

All I can say is that expansion they've been bragging about, better contain as much or more content than LoR.

Indeed.

So much shoddy work recently. Silly things either not completed, not tested or not properly thought out.

IMO, Cryptic need to get something really right.

I have some hope the summer event will be a good opportunity to do so, but if its bugged, incomplete or just plain badly designed, that opportunity will be lost.
  • sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lyanaar wrote: »
    Its the dayli (2500xp, 30 marks) and 2 hourly (2x200xp,2x20 marks) Projects...a total of 2900xp, 70 marks per day...you need 100000xp, total = 100000/2900 = 35 Days x 70 marks = 2450 Marks.

So...now count for yourself how much bonus marks you get daily and how much marks you get for killing the planet killers one time a day...i dont think this is much "powerleveling" or "abnormal" :D

If you only did the daily, you would only need to spend 1200 marks (40 days x 30 marks). In order to save 5 days, you are spending over twice as many marks. I'm surprised how many people fall for the racket that is the hourly rep mission.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2014

B) They don't want people who grind the rep super-fast to get the rewards ahead of other people who just do the daily project.//Fast grinders are a small enough group that delaying our reward isn't a big deal.

Don't know if anyone's addressed this yet, but with the changes they made to the system, and the hard cap on only 3 hourlies per "day" ... I don't think B is in play. The fast grinders just aren't that fast with there only being a separation of 3 hourlies between someone doing it once a day and someone doing it at the max per day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sthraxpwe wrote: »
    If you only did the daily, you would only need to spend 1200 marks (40 days x 30 marks). In order to save 5 days, you are spending over twice as many marks. I'm surprised how many people fall for the racket that is the hourly rep mission.

But i got lots of "free" ground & space weapons..only kept MKXII...so i got dil equipment for only marks, exp & ec :D
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Apparently it wasn't fixed, one of my friends didn't get the reward after getting to the Counter Command T 5
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Don't know if anyone's addressed this yet, but with the changes they made to the system, and the hard cap on only 3 hourlies per "day" ... I don't think B is in play. The fast grinders just aren't that fast with there only being a separation of 3 hourlies between someone doing it once a day and someone doing it at the max per day.

True. It's pretty hard to get three hourlies in with a tight daily schedule anyway.
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Apparently it wasn't fixed, one of my friends didn't get the reward after getting to the Counter Command T 5

The T5 Counter Command Reward has just been patched on to the test server as displayed here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17228031&postcount=1

This will most likely be implemented Thursday when the Summer Event releases.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Fixed on Tribble. Which most likely means live in next Thursday's patch.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So another un-completed season released when the devs knew wasn't ready to hit the live servers, but they knew that if they didn't release it, they'd have to actually work on making the engine better and fixing bugs so they released it to make it seem like they were doing work. And now the Summer event is coming up. Would you Devs stop with giving us broken content and actually make this game WORK!? The more content this game gets, the more bugs I'm noticing and the game is crashing even more now.
    Fixed on Tribble. Which most likely means live in next Thursday's patch.

So what's the reward? Aside from the usual (40K EC, 32K Dil, 750 Marks, and a ton of XP) do we get anything else, like an Undine BOFF?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,464 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ak255 wrote: »
    So another un-completed season released when the devs knew wasn't ready to hit the live servers, but they knew that if they didn't release it, they'd have to actually work on making the engine better and fixing bugs so they released it to make it seem like they were doing work. And now the Summer event is coming up. Would you Devs stop with giving us broken content and actually make this game WORK!? The more content this game gets, the more bugs I'm noticing and the game is crashing even more now.

So what's the reward? Aside from the usual (40K EC, 32K Dil, 750 Marks, and a ton of XP) do we get anything else, like an Undine BOFF?

There's a T5 accolade.

Other than that it's the cost of a single space set item : 40k EC, 32k Dilithium and 750 marks.

No unique boffs added at this time.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    B) They don't want people who grind the rep super-fast to get the rewards ahead of other people who just do the daily project.//Fast grinders are a small enough group that delaying our reward isn't a big deal.

More likely that someone at Cryptic forgot. I can't see how it takes four weeks to program the game to give marks, dilithium, EC and expertise for hitting T5.
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Isn't a "Job well done" it's own reward?

I thought this was a game, not a job.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    I thought this was a game, not a job.

some people seem to forget that.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    More likely that someone at Cryptic forgot. I can't see how it takes four weeks to program the game to give marks, dilithium, EC and expertise for hitting T5.

Not to mention, I can't see how it takes four weeks to copy and paste Season 8's rewards into Season 9.

Or would it be more on-point to suggest such copypasta is why Season 8 and Season 9 share the same "What, where's the T5 reward?" "Oh, coming later" operating style? :P
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Those waiting for the reward might want to check the Tribble Patch notes, looks like its comming our way soon
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......