test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Counter Command T5 has no rewards

Comments

• theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Space Trait issue notwithstanding, the Undine don't appar to wear clothes as such and it would therefore make little sense for us to be able to customise them to wear costumes.

They`re shapeshifters. Could actually be the one BO that has all options available.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    The beatings ought to continue until quality improves.

I can't escape the idea that "The floggings will continue until morale improves" being applied to the players is more likely, though. :(
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No reward? I was sent a Congradulations message from the Cryptic team, and sent a Muffin Basket via Amazon!

Isn't a "Job well done" it's own reward?
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can't escape the idea that "The floggings will continue until morale improves" being applied to the players is more likely, though. :(

lol.....sadly probably true.

Although, whats wanted is Trendy with a bacon flavoured whip being unleashed on the cryptic QA team.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think it's likely similar to the Dyson rewards.

A) They're still working on them.

B) They don't want people who grind the rep super-fast to get the rewards ahead of other people who just do the daily project.//Fast grinders are a small enough group that delaying our reward isn't a big deal.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    beat mine today and own the space set along with the ground set but was a lil dissapointed that there was no marks or dill rewards :(
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2014

B) They don't want people who grind the rep super-fast to get the rewards ahead of other people who just do the daily project.//Fast grinders are a small enough group that delaying our reward isn't a big deal.

Whilst the above probably is true, you have to wonder why on earth they are thinking that way.

Should the rewards not be ready from the get go?

Makeing us have to wait is not really a good option, and it does give the players who have completed the new rep a sour taste in the mouth.

The same thing happened with the Rommie rep and more recently, the Dyson rep, and it does give Cryptic a bad rep. Ok, bad pun, but I had to say it..
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,464 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    Whilst the above probably is true, you have to wonder why on earth they are thinking that way.

Should the rewards not be ready from the get go?

Makeing us have to wait is not really a good option, and it does give the players who have completed the new rep a sour taste in the mouth.

The same thing happened with the Rommie rep and more recently, the Dyson rep, and it does give Cryptic a bad rep. Ok, bad pun, but I had to say it..

They scheduled in time they would need to complete content (T5 and else) and because they scheduled they were are/were able to bring content more swiftly than they would have been able to if they had waited for completion of all content.

Those who have finished already went on a huge hourly spree, but such behavior is an anomaly and not something one can take into account when planning.

So the real question is if you would have preferred to have the season release delayed while the devs finished the last content OR that you wait for one or two weeks for the final T5 rewards during which time you can still play and enjoy the new content.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You get 55 marks and a trophy.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited May 2014
    You get 55 marks and a trophy.

Hush.. the OP clearly does not know that.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    That you know of...... How well do you know your crew?
    I have my EMH perform blood tests on each and every one of them weekly, thank you very much.
    edited May 2014
    I was thinking an Undine BOff seems likely with the Bajor Infiltration animations/behavior.

Probably has alien/humanoid customization options but, in combat, turns into its "true" Undine form, unlocking abilities like the ground/lava effect.

By making its normal form humanoid, they get around the issue of it sitting in chairs or people complaining that its non-customizable.
    edited May 2014
    I was thinking an Undine BOff seems likely with the Bajor Infiltration animations/behavior.

Probably has alien/humanoid customization options but, in combat, turns into its "true" Undine form, unlocking abilities like the ground/lava effect.

By making its normal form humanoid, they get around the issue of it sitting in chairs or people complaining that its non-customizable.

Maybe it's far simpler: An undine Botanist doff called boothby.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seriously? Was this stated before that it is missing or WAI?

Please don't tell me that I wasted my time with 6 alts to do the Undine rep....the T5 rewards were the only reason I did it with them....:(
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What? Not even soap bubbles?
    P58WJe7.jpg

edited May 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Those who have finished already went on a huge hourly spree, but such behavior is an anomaly and not something one can take into account when planning.

I'm pretty sure limiting the hourly to 3 per day was in itself "taking it into account when planning," along with being an obvious measure to make it easier to plan around.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    See, it's not always best to be first! :D Hopefully, like the Dyson Rep, they'll fix the reward by the time I get to it. I just do the one daily rep project since it's most mark efficient. Just hit T4 a couple days ago.

Not sure if Cryptic is just full of procrastinators, forgets the overachievers get to max whatever sooner than they think before they get around to programming the reward, or thinks no one will notice no max rep reward. They can't honestly think players will grind all that and not get what we got for the previous reps?
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am disappointed. I'm not really interested in the gear, ground or space. The traits are kinda meh. I only started 1 toon on the rep with the idea of giving out sponsorship. With no rewards I'll probably just finish his rep and stop there. The queued missions are not very good and the space BZ isn't rewarding enough to counter the annoying snot-balls and mega-gravwell spam.
  • lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm pretty sure limiting the hourly to 3 per day was in itself "taking it into account when planning," along with being an obvious measure to make it easier to plan around.

Its the dayli (2500xp, 30 marks) and 2 hourly (2x200xp,2x20 marks) Projects...a total of 2900xp, 70 marks per day...you need 100000xp, total = 100000/2900 = 35 Days x 70 marks = 2450 Marks.

So...now count for yourself how much bonus marks you get daily and how much marks you get for killing the planet killers one time a day...i dont think this is much "powerleveling" or "abnormal" :D
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Maybe it's far simpler: An undine Botanist doff called boothby.

Want, I can has Now please?

Though seriously that would be something I might even buy new slots or dismiss an officer for
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That's no excuse. If they don't want people getting the reward until after X amount of time, then they shouldn't give the ability to get there faster.
    edited May 2014
    lyanaar wrote: »
    Its the dayli (2500xp, 30 marks) and 2 hourly (2x200xp,2x20 marks) Projects...a total of 2900xp, 70 marks per day...you need 100000xp, total = 100000/2900 = 35 Days x 70 marks = 2450 Marks.

So...now count for yourself how much bonus marks you get daily and how much marks you get for killing the planet killers one time a day...i dont think this is much "powerleveling" or "abnormal" :D

Comprehension of the topic you're replying to is OP, plz nerf? :confused:
    Not sure if Cryptic is just full of procrastinators, forgets the overachievers get to max whatever sooner than they think before they get around to programming the reward, or thinks no one will notice no max rep reward.

Stop overthinking it. It's just The Cryptic Way™: "Coming for Season 9: Undine Rep." "Coming for Season 9.5: Undine Rep Tier 5 Rewards."

See Season 8 for examples. ;)
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Stop overthinking it. It's just The Cryptic Way™: "Coming for Season 9: Undine Rep." "Coming for Season 9.5: Undine Rep Tier 5 Rewards."

Because making the Tier Five achievement give us a lump of raw dilithium, some marks and such is so difficult.

Unless they're adding five tiers worth of playable mission on at the end, then this is just lazy.
    edited May 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Want, I can has Now please?

Though seriously that would be something I might even buy new slots or dismiss an officer for

A boothby undine botanist doff would be interesting and it would even have some basis in canon (from the Voyager episode with the 8472 training facility).

The Klingon variant is a little more challenging... an undine Entertainer doff based upon the Loresinger?
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think all t5 does is unlock the shield
    sig.jpg
  • boogieman624boogieman624 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lyanaar wrote: »
    Counter command reputation T5...so there is no reward at T5... Not even marks or Dil?

Just finished it and i am very, very disappointed. I hope it will be implemented soon. :mad:

The Same Is Said For Nukara And Omega.
    I Think That Every Other Rep Will Have Dilithium and Cut scenes... So Krenim Rep With Temporal Phasers... Just Saying...
    edited May 2014
    The Same Is Said For Nukara And Omega.
    I Think That Every Other Rep Will Have Dilithium and Cut scenes... So Krenim Rep With Temporal Phasers... Just Saying...

I was just thinking re: Krenim rep.

It would be cool if we used their temporal tech to actually witness the fall of the Iconians

The downside? Imagine it's a Year of Hell type rep where the T5 cutscene resets you to Tier 1. ;-)
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was just thinking re: Krenim rep.

It would be cool if we used their temporal tech to actually witness the fall of the Iconians

The downside? Imagine it's a Year of Hell type rep where the T5 cutscene resets you to Tier 1. ;-)

and have it take twice as long... and temporal investigations(cyptic) will not tell anyone tell anyone about. the rage would be fun, and the hater would get to be right :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014

I signed in to do reputation every day (this is what Cryptic wanted us to do in the first place anyway) but I wasn't in a hurry since day one of Season 9. Now I'm Tier Five, after what, a month and a little more?
  • caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    So why was this reward...left out...again? Is this going to happen for future reputations? And why? Why does this stuff go onto holodeck incomplete?

Oh wait, stupid question. This is Cryptic Studios we're talking about here. It's SOP for them. :rolleyes:

More likely than your snarky and cynical speculation is that the rewards delay keeps people who have reached T5 playing in the zone longer to gather the marks they want for their projects.

Keeping more people in the zone longer is good for the rest of us who are farther behind and might otherwise lack from a shortage of allies to help us achieve our goals.