Comments

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    miirik wrote: »
    There has been no specials I can think of
    no sales

so just what on earth is going on?

that's not a "price" that's an exchange rate. Dil and zen prices have not "risen", zen value relative to dil has risen.... ie the "price" of dil has fallen, since you can get more dil per zen in exchange now.
  • Options
    cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i think no new offers are postet by Users. Currenty are 84k Zen tradeable online visible.
    This is a very poor number. For 2 Week or so, i remember me on a amount of 500k and up

Option A:
    just a little Group of Users offer Zen

Option B:
    Just a little Group of Users play STO

just my opinion.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Too much Dilithium in the system. We have not had a Fleet Holding using Dilithium for months, thus people have nothing to do with their grind currency other then exchange it for Zen. All of this capped off by a Dilithium event last month that dumped a lot on people. I am sitting on over 800,000 Dilithium myself, and have no need for Zen.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No need to panic until it reaches 350+. Then you may run around and scream in terror.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Too much Dilithium in the system. We have not had a Fleet Holding using Dilithium for months, thus people have nothing to do with their grind currency other then exchange it for Zen. All of this capped off by a Dilithium event last month that dumped a lot on people. I am sitting on over 800,000 Dilithium myself, and have no need for Zen.

Yep, less holdings to absorb dil, larger fleet giving access making smaller fleets not need to sink as much themselves, dil discout given by dil mine fleet holding. 1 zen was worth $0.01 a year ago, it was worth $0.01 6 months ago, and it's still worth $0.01 today. Nothing has happened to Zen, it's dil which has less value because it's easier to accumulate more of it.

Though, I like it, because if I do need more dil than what I have, I can get more refined fil from selling off accumulated zen stipend. So this is all rainbows and sunshine to me.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Too much dilithium and not enough sinks... think it's about time for a new Holding. :)
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Too much dilithium and not enough sinks... think it's about time for a new Holding. :)

Oh dear gods no. We just finished T3 Mine. The first time we've completed anything. I'm so very tired... (Tiny fleet, and I knew what I was getting into. Just having a little fun.)

But yes, a new sink needs to occur if prices are to lower. However as others have mentioned. Come back when we are 350+. Some of us remember those days.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Things like the foundry dilithium exploit that is going on can also affect the prices. Especially considering how much dilithium that exploit can generate.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I remember it being over 300 lol long as it is below that no worries :)
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You also have to take into account of the number of dil farmers currently out there, their sole purpose in the game is to mine large amounts of dil per day, this is also dumping dil on the market.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Too much dilithium and not enough sinks...

The same can be said of EC too.

Oh well... Now I need to grind even more dil so that I can purchase an additional 100 Doff slots for my Rom toon. :(
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oversupply of dil. Everyone has finished refining their huge hoard of ore from the event, and is now trying to convert it into ships and slots and so on.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1123771

My guess is the above mentioned potential new exploit combined with the already stated lack of anything to invest the purple rock into.

No new fleet holding is pretty big as those are expensive, no new *must have* gear released with the new rep, no real anything.

But I'd bet the exploit is most likely to blame. Remember the massive drop it had a long time ago, which just so happened to coincide with the removal of foundry clickie missions? I do.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1123771

My guess is the above mentioned potential new exploit combined with the already stated lack of anything to invest the purple rock into.

No new fleet holding is pretty big as those are expensive, no new *must have* gear released with the new rep, no real anything.

But I'd bet the exploit is most likely to blame. Remember the massive drop it had a long time ago, which just so happened to coincide with the removal of foundry clickie missions? I do.

And I've found the video a user made with the SFA version of that exploit that I sent to cryptic. Basically he shows how you could generate millions per day alone.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    And I've found the video a user made with the SFA version of that exploit that I sent to cryptic. Basically he shows how you could generate millions per day alone.
    That's insane. I hope they shut this exploit down soon enough so we can get some dilithium market stabilization in effect.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's insane. I hope they shut this exploit down soon enough so we can get some dilithium market stabilization in effect.

They told me it was passed to the team so we will see.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Granted, it has been a bit since I looked at the Dil exchange, but last I checked it has been pretty stable this whole week.

My guess (based on nothing but speculation) is that the shuttle event has people thinking new C-store ships are on the horizon, so people are stocking up on zen.

Even if it has climbed by 10 (again haven't looked recently) it has only been in the last few hours. most of the week it has been at around 151-153 dil per 1 zen.

Not really worth breaking out the tin foil hats yet.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Granted, it has been a bit since I looked at the Dil exchange, but last I checked it has been pretty stable this whole week.

My guess (based on nothing but speculation) is that the shuttle event has people thinking new C-store ships are on the horizon, so people are stocking up on zen.

Even if it has climbed by 10 (again haven't looked recently) it has only been in the last few hours. most of the week it has been at around 151-153 dil per 1 zen.

Not really worth breaking out the tin foil hats yet.
    I'm pretty sure I have seen it as high as the 170's, which is a bit more problematic. It's fluctuating rather wildly at the moment.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lsdt time I did an exchange, it was around 150-155 dil per zen... if it's rocketed, I'll just sit back and collect Dil until the market settles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    so, in a week it goes up by 10

and then in a single day it goes up by more than 10

something is horribly, horribly wrong.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Perhaps more and more people effected by the loadout bugs have decided to stop playing.

Just guessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Holy snout! If a certain exploit is generating that amount of dil across many farming characters, that would certainly explain some of the rise, I hope they get their burro's banned hard and quickly! Legitimate grinding of dil has certainly got a bit easier under the new rep system, but those going all out with exploits earning hundreds of thousands of dil in short order so selfishly is bad for everyone.

It may indeed be near time to totally revamp the way foundry rewards work completely, perhaps through a rep-like interface.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd say 3 factors:

-We're still probably under the aftereffects of the Dilithium Weekend(It takes a while to refine it all).

-There hasn't been a new major Dilithium sink in quite a while(which means it's losing value).

-I imagine the recent foundry exploit is, yet again, rippling out in horrible ways. Seriously, just turn off rewards until a secure reward system can be implemented - or make it reward something that can't be used on anything other than the foundry/character that earns it.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    miirik wrote: »
    so, in a week it goes up by 10

and then in a single day it goes up by more than 10

something is horribly, horribly wrong.

Not really. The rate can shift rapidly to new equilibriums if it's been propped up by inertia for too long.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    evilomniscienceevilomniscience Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    Not really. The rate can shift rapidly to new equilibriums if it's been propped up by inertia for too long.

Generally speaking, I can accept that, based on general economics. But I'm curious. What do you consider to be "rapidly"? I can understand a significant change over the course of a day, or even a few hours, but I sat and watched changes while I ate dinner. Over the course of minutes, significant (dozens of thousands) of zen flipped back and forth between prices more than once.

While I cannot say for certain if this was done by one person, It was odd to watch that quantity of zen move from one price point to another in 1-2 minutes, then less than five minutes later, change to a completely different price point, in relatively small (5k-10k) increments. At one point, 65,000(ish) zen moved price points in the span of a minute.

Keep in mind that we're talking about, at least 4-5 million dilithium in zen change in under two minutes, and for the 65k zen instance, over 10 million. Not impossible to happen, I suppose.

It would easy to say that I thought that price fixing is going on, and just as easy to believe it. I reserve my judgement however, because, as you said, rates can shift rapidly, and real world economics is enough proof of that at times. I'll just say that I'm finding a bit hard to believe such rapid fluctuations are entirely legit.

Just putting the info out there. These are only my observations from a bit earlier.
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Or maybe it is the dilith bots that have been seen around flooding the market with dilith, just maybe !
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited May 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

wow dililithium is what my fleet needs ... so anyone who has to much dilithium i would gladly welcome to spend in our fleet projects oO

(( oh and the main reason is refined dilithium.. we dont have that.. ore yes.. refined.. no...))
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Didn't we have a ship sale two weeks ago? Or is it already 3-4 weeks?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    zombieredshirtzombieredshirt Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are fluctuations of 10-15% really that drastic? I've seen the dil prices at times less than half the current value and at other times double it's current value. Not that the issues brought up in this thread aren't real/possible, I'm juts not sure if the chaos they could cause has really hit yet.
  • Options
    gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yep i rember back when you could grind kitmor make tons and tons of dill and the extange was will over 300. the new rep rellly didn't give people something to spend it on and no new fleet holding. even io im getting a good amount built up and im not relly trying that hard.