What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In a week, Dil to Zen prices have climbed by 10

2»

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Too much Dilithium in the system. We have not had a Fleet Holding using Dilithium for months, thus people have nothing to do with their grind currency other then exchange it for Zen. All of this capped off by a Dilithium event last month that dumped a lot on people. I am sitting on over 800,000 Dilithium myself, and have no need for Zen.

Basically this. There hasn't been any fleet dilithium sink, so the market has much more dilithium at the disposal and much less need for the resource. And don't forget there weren't any 200k Dilithium cosmetic improvements in a long time, either. These dilithium sinks were the main force that drove the ratio from 400:1 down to 75:1 and stabilized it around 120/130:1 for a while.
    I fully expect the ratio to keep rising until Season 10 (or Expansion 2) and I wouldn't be suprised if it goes well over 200 Dilithium per Zen.

No need to make new threads about this every time the ratio rises by 10. Like others have said, unless it goes back to 350:1 there's no real reason of concern.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Oh teh noes! The super-cheap dilithium market has risen by less than 10%, and much less than it typically does when a new ship or a new Season patch comes out! Time to panic!!!!1!11!!"

The stock market has larger ups and downs within a single day, and no one bats an eye. :rolleyes:

As previously stated in this thread, start panicking after it goes above 350:1 (dilithium:zen) ratios. (I'd love it to shoot up as high as possible, personally. I need dilithium, not zen.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    "Oh teh noes! The super-cheap dilithium market has risen by less than 10%, and much less than it typically does when a new ship or a new Season patch comes out! Time to panic!!!!1!11!!"

:rolleyes:

As previously stated in this thread, start panicking after it goes above 350:1 (dilithium:zen) ratios. (I'd love it to shoot up as high as possible, personally. I need dilithium, not zen.)

i thought i was the only one praying to the dilithium gods for it to go up :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well higher exchange price for zen means people will be encouraged to spend real world cash on Zen instead.

I sit on all my dil now, use it for fleet items. Until the price drops 20 points or more i wont use the exchange.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Considering the exchange jumped 20 points to over 175 yesterday in an hour... Someone or some group purchased MILLIONS of zen at once.

Thats not normal...

The market corrected back down 10 points shortly after to the low 160's
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Considering the exchange jumped 20 points to over 175 yesterday in an hour... Someone or some group purchased MILLIONS of zen at once.
    There were never "millions" of Zen on the Exchange. Thiere was, in fact, relatively little Zen on the Exchange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    No need to panic until it reaches 350+. Then you may run around and scream in terror.

I wouldn't. I would be whipping out my credit card to buy some Zen to trade for dilithium. :D
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd expect it to climb with the current sale as folks look to avoid the prices on keys to get some additional Lobi - looking at completing some sets they may have picked up pieces for from the Lobi event.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well higher exchange price for zen means people will be encouraged to spend real world cash on Zen instead.

No it won't. It means ppl who buy zen with cash to exchange for the set amount of dilithium they need will now need to buy less zen than before.

"Remember, it's always easier to get ppl who are willing to spend, to spend a little bit more, than to get ppl who aren't willing to spend in the first place to spend a little bit." This quote comes directly from PWI dev on Perfect World's forums. Cryptic stands to learn something from the f2p heavyweight.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What methods do people who claim the dil/zen rate isn't what it "should be" use to calculate what they think it should be?

I am keenly interested in using data and mathematics to analyze things in STO and would be thrilled to hear about your data and methods.

they use the esteemed "cost more then I think it should so it's wrong" method.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.