test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Down Tuesday 5/27

Comments

• thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Actually it was the death of the Klingon temp that messed up the servers. The tribbles ate him, reproduced and clogged everything up with their furry little wastes of space.

You died honorably Temp Tech B'ob. They will sing of your great honor in Sto-vo-kor... that is until they realized you were killed and eaten by tribbles. Then your soul is doomed to Gre'thor. Because who dies of tribbles?
  • pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Most likely not. They do it when the player numbers are at their lowest and it's close to when the dev team is supposed to be in just in case of any major incidents that cause issues with the server coming back up or something like that I haven't had coffee yet so the answer probably makes some sense but not a lot and I'm rambling...

I'll shut up now.

I figured, but it still would be nice for them to spread the downtime around, rather than always have it affect the same people.
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • renner64renner64 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nice site maby the devs should have it up in windows so thet know when it is down mmm?
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    candyhunt wrote: »
    I googled when I couldn't log on and found this site.

http://stostatus.com

It refreshes automatically

Wa, so it is the "accounts" server the thing is offline?? oh god, our accounts!!!:eek:
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Actually it was the death of the Klingon temp that messed up the servers. The tribbles ate him, reproduced and clogged everything up with their furry little wastes of space.
    You died honorably Temp Tech B'ob.

Wouldn't that be temp Ke'Nny? Tribbles sure love to eat him.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    renner64 wrote: »
    nice site maby the devs should have it up in windows so thet know when it is down mmm?

The network team have a bit better system than that... ;) They just don't post on the forums.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Guess I won't be getting that last bit of Lobi crystals today before the event ends.

*thumbs up* Thanks anyway Cryptic! :P
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wouldn't that be temp Ke'Nny? Tribbles sure love to eat him.

Those B*stards! But isn't that Ke'Nny over there? Wait what is he doing with that mop! No Ke'Nny not the Tribble Server!
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    guess I'm not getting my last 15 lobi, then. Awesome.
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Doomed I tell ya! We're all Doooooooooooooooooooomed!
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We are currently experiencing some unscheduled server downtime.

Our team is investigating and we will post more details and ETA on a fix as things develop.

Sorry for the trouble everyone, hope you had a great weekend.

Thanks for the reports

~CaptainSmirk

Well, well, well, Guess it isn't my internet connection. Fix it now. I'm bored. GRRRRR!!!!
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I will freely admit that I do not understand how that exploit works, how people are taking advantage of it, or what the point is. Can someone please explain it to me so that I can be exactly as righteously angry as I need to be?
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Those B*stards! But isn't that Ke'Nny over there? Wait what is he doing with that mop! No Ke'Nny not the Tribble Server!

Well, at least, he got a job at the High Council just in time for 2410. Now that he is a politician and thus doesn't have to do anything, surely nothing bad is going to happen to him.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I will freely admit that I do not understand how that exploit works, how people are taking advantage of it, or what the point is. Can someone please explain it to me so that I can be exactly as righteously angry as I need to be?

Well it started with a group of men petting Tribbles in a dark cave.

I somehow didnt listen to the rest of the story.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You should all be too busy playing Watch Dogs to have even noticed. :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • rb989rb989 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well guess it's time to wait here on the forums while the tribbles clog up my ships engines because I can't get to my ship. oh well guess ensign Kim is on clean up duty.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Translation:
    It's broke.
    We don't know why.
    We will give you an ETA when we figure it out.
    blah blah blah...

At least they finally came off Twitter and posted on their very own company forums.

Broken, not broke.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ok,so who do i point to and say" It worked until you broke it "?:confused:
  • he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I realize that problems occur in MMOs but they seem excessive in STO. I came into the game last year after many years in other MMO's and I've been astonished at the number of times the game has been down. In an average year, how many times is STO offline for one problem or another?

I understand that our game being down isn't a monumental issue in the big scheme of things but it is a service that many of us pay for and I'm disappointed with the reliability. If I were buying a car that randomly wouldn't work 5-10 times a year, I'd call it a lemon. If my cable provider crashed once a month, I'd get a different provider.

Not sure where the problem lies, just pointing out that the reliability of STO seems unwarranted when compared with other MMO's.

*sigh*
    f86cqFw.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    this server downtime brought to be Binford:eek:

I want one although the bed doesn't look really comfortable.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dr3amca1ch3rdr3amca1ch3r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it's up again

just got logged in and at ESD
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    he11blade wrote: »
    I realize that problems occur in MMOs but they seem excessive in STO. I came into the game last year after many years in other MMO's and I've been astonished at the number of times the game has been down. In an average year, how many times is STO offline for one problem or another?

I understand that our game being down isn't a monumental issue in the big scheme of things but it is a service that many of us pay for and I'm disappointed with the reliability. If I were buying a car that randomly wouldn't work 5-10 times a year, I'd call it a lemon. If my cable provider crashed once a month, I'd get a different provider.

Not sure where the problem lies, just pointing out that the reliability of STO seems unwarranted when compared with other MMO's.

*sigh*

To be fair, the biggest issue seems to be the account server, rather than the game server per se.

At least in terms of unscheduled outages.

I suspect this is at least partly due to the account server handling more than one games accounts, which is as much a PWE thing as a Cryptic one.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it's up again

just got logged in and at ESD

Confirmed! We're back in business it seems.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    and now the server crashes because all players log in at the same time
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    and now the server crashes because all players log in at the same time

Wasn't that how Melmac was destroyed?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • watsterwatster Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    server is up for me now!
  • kruge41kruge41 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OK, let's play Wolfenstein then. Harharhar :D

plz plz plz exstend lobi as I only need 8 ,got undine arma suit yesterday ,would of got undine weapan today 50 libi
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It looks like we have internal confirmation on server stability. It should be ready for you to log back in. Welcome back, Captains. :)
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It looks like we have internal confirmation on server stability. It should be ready for you to log back in. Welcome back, Captains. :)

STO Daily Fix incoming in 3...2...1... :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You're back!

Are your computer issues fixed? Do I need to get the Minions of Ba'al (tm) to get you a couple of spares? I still have 500 billion Ba'al tokens (approx. 500 billion dollars) worth of nepotism to get done before the end of the month to meet my quota as Grand Vizier. And I've already spent most of my earmarks and pork-barrel projects for Ferenginar, so I can't just earmark it all and call it good.

Hail Ba'al!