test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate - May 27th, 2014 *Resolved*

Comments

• didz119didz119 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cyptic can you give us all a time line on when the login issues would be fixed so we all can play STO, the login is in Australia to.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Blarg, I was online til my laptop shut itself off....yet again.... and now I'm stuck outside with everyone else. Oh well... Belgium waffle time :D
    ...I so hate you right now lol.
    iconians wrote: »
    Calendars do not work that way.
    *smacks iconians* Okay it's not REALLY monday but it feels like it that better?
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erestyn wrote: »
    Cryptic did mention bringing in more annual events... you might be onto something!

200year bug IS BACK !!! ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
    edited May 2014
    didz119 wrote: »
    Cyptic can you give us all a time line on when the login issues would be fixed so we all can play STO

There is no ETA at this moment that I see anywhere.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.

• bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »
    No no no, it wasn't her hair dryer... it was her bacon grill :P

Oh please, don't turn _every_ thread into a chat room for 12 year olds...

Wait. You're (probably) a guy. Will fail with that for missing essential "traits". 8-P
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    didz119 wrote: »
    Cyptic can you give us all a time line on when the login issues would be fixed so we all can play STO

Propably too busy fixing problem caused by fixes to other problems, cause by fixes to.....
    Oh well i culd go on for pages :D
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They will do everything to take our last 15 loby crystals :cool:
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    StarTrek Offline is currently offline we are aware there is a problem and have our highlly qualified janitor hitting the server with a stick.
  • inkaineinkaine Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Since a community manager is reading here and might know, a 'lil of topic: I just "lost" my nice forum title. I went for the avatar page and wanted look what I might be able to change it too - after pressing save I'm down to the default Ensign with no way to change it anymore. The title list only provides me with "Default". No more lifetimer titles, no Romulan titles... :( Any way to get any of my titles back?
  • transwarpspeedtranswarpspeed Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the men who are kept on the premises for when the TRIBBLE hits the fan just hit the fan themselves. The real repair team will be in after School lets out ;)
    edited May 2014
    bemlega wrote: »
    Oh please, don't turn _every_ thread into a chat room for 12 year olds...

Wait. You're (probably) a guy. Will fail with that for missing essential "traits". 8-P
    I am a guy, and married kthx :P
    StarTrek Offline is currently offline we are aware there is a problem and have our highlly qualified janitor hitting the server with a stick.
    No no no they didn't send the janitor.

They sent the gardener :P

• nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have two accounts and can't authenticate either one to log in. Even worse, when I submit for help through the arc support, it just spins, never reports.

Along with the 8 billion other errors in this game, I have dealt with most of them and reported a few and guess what...I got no response from Kryptic! So, if Kryptic has any ethics about them, they would refund me and all the other players their money and fix their problems, but then I doubt they will even respond to this post.

So as someone else reported:

Critical Success .00001% chance
    Any Success .1% chance
    No Success 99.9% chance

are you implying that cryptic % of fixing this in usefull time, is lower than the chance % of you getting a "Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser" to drop of a lock box !? :confused:

you know ... i believe you :D
  • drakirnosslindrakirnosslin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014

ROFL, at least there's some humor in it all.
  • depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Short romulan weekend bugged for 1sxt day cant log in on last day.
    vqpJOX.gif
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Propably too busy fixing problem caused by fixes to other problems, cause by fixes to.....

ever since they released that patch last week that was supposed to be a "stability" update, everything felt less stabile lol...

yes, its always opposite day at cryptic.. lol...
  • hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No no no, it wasn't her hair dryer... it was her bacon grill :P
    you sure it wan't the person in the maid outfit vacuuming again? :D

and leav the bacon grill alone lol
    edited May 2014
    inkaine wrote: »
    Since a community manager is reading here and might know, a 'lil of topic: I just "lost" my nice forum title. I went for the avatar page and wanted look what I might be able to change it too - after pressing save I'm down to the default Ensign with no way to change it anymore. The title list only provides me with "Default". No more lifetimer titles, no Romulan titles... :( Any way to get any of my titles back?

I love the fact everyone calls me a manager.... I need to ask Trevor for a new title and color hehehe.

To answer you honestly, with the account manager offline that is the most likely reason why as even I can't change mine. Wait until it's back up then try :)

• tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    ever since they released that patch last week that was supposed to be a "stability" update, everything felt less stabile lol...

yes, its always opposite day at cryptic.. lol...

Wouldn't be very Cryptic of them if it wasn't :P
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably that spread of gravimetric torpedoes made something worse than your average rift...

No ok it's my fault, had to crash servers to gain control of Spaceduck... ahem Spacedock. :D
  • inkaineinkaine Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To answer you honestly, with the account manager offline that is the most likely reason why as even I can't change mine. Wait until it's back up then try :)

Ah, sounds reasonable. Thanks!

You're doing a great job keeping us entertained. Maybe dance on the middle of the forums as well? oh, nvm :D
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    You get what you pay for.

I've paid for this, so does that mean I get in before the F2P moochers?
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • n8pu#8193 n8pu Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »

Is that like one of the questions, if you could go back in time and you accidentally kill your grandpa, how then could you go back in time to kill him, because you would have never been born??? :eek:
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wouldn't be very Cryptic of them if it wasn't :P

not at all.. not at all.... oh cryptic how silly you are..
  • dorzysa2dorzysa2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably that spread of gravimetric torpedoes made something worse than your average rift...

No ok it's my fault, had to crash servers to gain control of Spaceduck... ahem Spacedock. :D

spacesmac?
  • sportz19721010sportz19721010 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nazelnag wrote: »
    are you implying that cryptic % of fixing this in usefull time, is lower than the chance % of you getting a "Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser" to drop of a lock box !? :confused:

you know ... i believe you :D

Too funny and true! :D
    darth-vader-wants-to-rock_zps3as86bfd.gif
    edited May 2014
    inkaine wrote: »
    Ah, sounds reasonable. Thanks!

You're doing a great job keeping us entertained. Maybe dance on the middle of the forums as well? oh, nvm :D
    Oh no. Never going to happen.

Unless drunk then I do a sort of dance but it looks really stupid.
    I've paid for this, so does that mean I get in before the F2P moochers?
    If the activate the queue for logins, yes you actually would have priority over F2P players :)

• spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Got back from work to earn my daily 15 lobis ... and servers are down ...
    and the featured episodes event is going to end in 1 hour if I am not wrong ...
    awesome ...
    P58WJe7.jpg

• captainmikerakcaptainmikerak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    EARLIER THIS MORNING

Tour Guide: Welcome to Cryptic Studios main server yard everyone.

Environmentalist Mental Patient: I hope you have a green facility or I'll tie myself to a tree.

Tour Guide: Yes we do, we use green servers powered by hamster slaves, and we are proud to say that we now have a great score of two percent up-time!

Regular Gamer: That's good for you?! Why is it so low?

Tour Guide: Well every once in awhile, the hamsters die of extreme exhaustion and fall into the servers.

Government Official: You act like that's normal to have a high up-time. Look at the Obamacare website!

Regular Gamer: That's why people are leaving your country mister president.

Random Person: So how do you get the servers back up anyways when they crash?

Tour Guide: We swap out the dead hamsters with child labor.

Cryptic Employee: Hamster alert!!! Hamster alert!!!

Tour Guide: Okay everyone if you could come this way before they pull out the slaves... I mean replacement labor.
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Okay who sent the janitor to clean the server room again? I mean it's clean and shiny but there is a smell coming from the computers and if I'm right it's burnt lemon pledge.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Got back from work to earn my daily 15 lobis ... and servers are down ...
    and the featured episodes event is going to end in 1 hour if I am not wrong ...
    awesome ...

They're doing this on purpose to deprive you of the last 15 lobis.You may open lockboxes for them. :D
This discussion has been closed.