test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cooking With Neelix Minigame

2»

Comments

• senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Never understood the Neelix hate, He's always been one of my favorite characters. :cool:

But then my personality is one of extreme sillyness, and the uncanny ability to turn almost anything into a joke. :P
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Never understood the Neelix hate, He's always been one of my favorite characters. :cool:

But then my personality is one of extreme sillyness, and the uncanny ability to turn almost anything into a joke. :P

I agree, Neelix is actually one of my favorite characters, for one he's relatable, in that he's really just a regular guy with no real training, and a bit of a coward (face it, most of us are probably cowards in some way or another)

he's also extremely kind and generous, so i don't understand the hate leveled toward him.

he might not have been the greatest cook, but he did keep the voyager crew more or less fed during their journey

though Janeway was VERY happy to get her replicator coffee back...:D

tl'dr

i want this, a cooking with neelix mini-mission; something fun and interesting that doesn't involve killing or maiming or blowing stuff up (although when neelix is cooking no telling if that stuff might happen :P)
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Only mini game with him i want is the murdering kind
    GwaoHAD.png
  • obeythenagusobeythenagus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    I agree, Neelix is actually one of my favorite characters, for one he's relatable, in that he's really just a regular guy with no real training, and a bit of a coward (face it, most of us are probably cowards in some way or another)

he's also extremely kind and generous, so i don't understand the hate leveled toward him.

he might not have been the greatest cook, but he did keep the voyager crew more or less fed during their journey

though Janeway was VERY happy to get her replicator coffee back...:D

tl'dr

i want this, a cooking with neelix mini-mission; something fun and interesting that doesn't involve killing or maiming or blowing stuff up (although when neelix is cooking no telling if that stuff might happen :P)

Hating Neelix, is like hating Wesley Crusher, its fashion. They are two of the most likable characters in the star trek canon, but we know what hipsters think of anything likable..
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This game is great,and features many favorite characters old and new from the Star Trek canon, BUT
    There is a distinct lack of the worst character to have ever graced our screens in the history of Star Trek.
    I speak of course of the despised Talaxian Neelix. We demand from our overlords at Cryptic and PWE the following, a shoot Neelix in the face minigame. Something along the lines of firing squad to be added as featured content. And that the legend that is Ethan Phillips be bought in to briefly reprise his role as everyone's least favorite character. Please make it so!
    That is all.

Corrections in red.

Seriously, the useless TRIBBLE nearly killed the actual ****ing ship with his cooking once.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seriously, the useless TRIBBLE nearly killed the actual ****ing ship with his cooking once.

Technically, it was not actually the cooking, as much as just merely having that funky cheese aboard the ship! Made a mess of the gel-pack insulators or some such, as I (vaguely) recall. To your point though, any such game would have to include some penalty for an inedible or bio-hazard result! Like, half of your DOffs go to sick bay for 3 days, or you lose 50% efficiency on some random systems. If by some chance, you get a Michelin-star dish, you could get a trophy for the mess hall... :P
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The KDF would have it easier regarding Neelix. They have a duty officer assignment allowing you to execute a Doff for incompetence. :D
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Technically, it was not actually the cooking, as much as just merely having that funky cheese aboard the ship! Made a mess of the gel-pack insulators or some such, as I (vaguely) recall. To your point though, any such game would have to include some penalty for an inedible or bio-hazard result! Like, half of your DOffs go to sick bay for 3 days, or you lose 50% efficiency on some random systems. If by some chance, you get a Michelin-star dish, you could get a trophy for the mess hall... :P

Honestly I seriously question the incompetent fools that designed the bio-neural circuitry.
    I mean if spores from a mere cheese could do that, then what hope does the ship and crew have if any bio-agent was deployed on the ship?
    In fact that was not the only time the bio-neural gelpacks had gotten messed up, they also ended up being infected by freaking macroviruses! :eek:

I mean seriously? these things are critical for the ship to function and they are that vulnerable?
    Thanks but I will take conventional isolinear ciruitry over those ticking time bombs any day.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I prefer the cooking with dog Youtube channel..
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I might if I hadn't been to the last Winter Wonderland and gotten my fill of voiced freaky chefs with a weaksauce cooking gimmick.

Why? What do you have against tasty treats?

And admit it, Q is the most wonderful being you've ever known.
  • obeythenagusobeythenagus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Honestly I seriously question the incompetent fools that designed the bio-neural circuitry.
    I mean if spores from a mere cheese could do that, then what hope does the ship and crew have if any bio-agent was deployed on the ship?
    In fact that was not the only time the bio-neural gelpacks had gotten messed up, they also ended up being infected by freaking macroviruses! :eek:

I mean seriously? these things are critical for the ship to function and they are that vulnerable?
    Thanks but I will take conventional isolinear ciruitry over those ticking time bombs any day.

You would think the idea is to prevent a high energy need for the processors, so that consoles dont explode maiming and killing the crew members as soon as the ship gets tickled by phaser fire

http://youtu.be/Bxy20bgot0Q?t=58s

o wait..
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Yeah. Your avatar clearly shows that. :D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.