test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cooking With Neelix Minigame

obeythenagusobeythenagus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
This game is great,and features many favorite characters old and new from the Star Trek canon, BUT
There is a distinct lack of the best character to have ever graced our screens in the history of Star Trek.
I speak of course of the beloved Talaxian Neelix. We demand from our overlords at Cryptic and PWE the following, a cooking with Neelix minigame. Something along the lines of burger tycoon to be added as featured content. And that the legend that is Ethan Phillips be bought in to reprise his role as everyone's favorite character. Please make it so!
That is all.
Post edited by obeythenagus on

Comments

• mongrelmp5mongrelmp5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This just begs to be added as a seasonal or 'Q' event type mini-game-perhaps rewarding a vary rare chef?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i was always interested in some of the cooking concoctions he came up with considering his varied cabinet of foods on offer.

was interested in the likes of layola root soup, plekorian casserole, angel hair pasta and the various other things he created including some buscuits and berages, like that thick coffee of his.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • obeythenagusobeythenagus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, we could get a purple Talaxian chef doff for completion, it would be the most treasured doff ever.

His foods could be added with a variety of ground buffs. His coffee could give you a willpower boost, as something was clearly making Janeway so strong headed, his foods could give a bonus health regen, the possibilities are endless!
  • alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A cooking minigame would make a nice diversion from constantly having to fight. The asteroid mining and radiation scanning minigames are still taking place in places where you don't really feel safe about your character being there.

But other than certain Klingon-supplied ingredients biting your character's fingers, what could be a calmer less-stressful environment than the galley? I am in favor of a non-combat, non-stressful area for a minigame, maybe even showing up during the summer event (if there's time for that, probably not this year =( ).

Maybe could even be the beginning of something else to do on your ship. Every ship needs to have a Talaxian in the galley, after all : )

@alk
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Get rid of the 'with' then maybe.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Neelix
    nneehhhhhh
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I want to play the DS9 Klingon Chef.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Do I have to use the whole Neelix all at once or can I cook different pieces over time?
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mongrelmp5 wrote: »
    This just begs to be added as a seasonal or 'Q' event type mini-game-perhaps rewarding a vary rare chef?

Oh, no no. Leave us Q out of that. Get your obnoxious kitchen rodent elsewhere ! :mad::P:D
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2014

yeah Klingon chef for KDF toons would be a cool idea:D
  • zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'll just leave this here. :P
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe if they add some reason to actually use food as something other than tribble kibble.
    edited May 2014
    zbzzn wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here. :P

Sacrilege!
  • sethpcsethpc Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    this Game Is Great,and Features Many Favorite Characters Old And New From The Star Trek Canon, But
    There Is A Distinct Lack Of The Best Character To Have Ever Graced Our Screens In The History Of Star Trek.
    I Speak Of Course Of The Beloved Talaxian Neelix. We Demand From Our Overlords At Cryptic And Pwe The Following, A Cooking With Neelix Minigame. Something Along The Lines Of Burger Tycoon To Be Added As Featured Content. And That The Legend That Is Ethan Phillips Be Bought In To Reprise His Role As Everyone's Favorite Character. Please Make It So!
    That Is All.

101 Ways To Cook With Leola Root!
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Change that to "cooking with neelixs organs and you've got a deal.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Cooking extravaganza!
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cooking (with) Neelix. Apart from the fact that it would probably be Talaxian Stew that day, made of actual Talaxian, here would be the ultimate reward:

Talaxian Chef Duty Officer:
    90% chance to turn any nearby food into full debuffing consumables, leading to 30% loss of damage and 25% damage resistance. The food item ruined will however contain text to explain that it is actually buffed. This is a text change only, and does not affect how the ruined food works.

Ow, and ofcourse a (Neelix) Garbage (Scow), with a console to attract all friendly fire in a 50 km radius.
  • gosabresgosabres Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    yeah Klingon chef for KDF toons would be a cool idea:D

Or just get this guy
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Cooking (with) Neelix. Apart from the fact that it would probably be Talaxian Stew that day, made of actual Talaxian, here would be the ultimate reward:

Talaxian Chef Duty Officer:
    90% chance to turn any nearby food into full debuffing consumables, leading to 30% loss of damage and 25% damage resistance. The food item ruined will however contain text to explain that it is actually buffed. This is a text change only, and does not affect how the ruined food works.

Ow, and ofcourse a (Neelix) Garbage (Scow), with a console to attract all friendly fire in a 50 km radius.

Neelix dof - chance to remove the opponents willpower to live :P
    edited May 2014
    alkelda wrote: »
    A cooking minigame would make a nice diversion from constantly having to fight. The asteroid mining and radiation scanning minigames are still taking place in places where you don't really feel safe about your character being there.

But other than certain Klingon-supplied ingredients biting your character's fingers, what could be a calmer less-stressful environment than the galley? I am in favor of a non-combat, non-stressful area for a minigame, maybe even showing up during the summer event (if there's time for that, probably not this year =( ).

Maybe could even be the beginning of something else to do on your ship. Every ship needs to have a Talaxian in the galley, after all : )

@alk

Exactly, it would be a nice diversion. He could even set up a stall on Risa now we have easy access to and from the delta quadrant.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

Thats it! LOL! Hes ace! I want to play this guy! Chopping onions with a batleth. Roasting chickens by poking them into a warp core!

Edit: Reminded me of a comedy Klingon fast food chain I whipped up a while back. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=582151&highlight=Klingon+Fried+Tribble
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rakija879 wrote: »
    Neelix dof - chance to remove the opponents willpower to live :P

hahahahahahahahhahahahahah
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Do I have to use the whole Neelix all at once or can I cook different pieces over time?

they don't keep well.
    sig.jpg
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please no Neelix... my least fav character in the series... well Q is close as well
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is a distinct lack of the best character to have ever graced our screens in the history of Star Trek. I speak of course of the beloved Talaxian Neelix.

Lets be honest here, Neelix is Jar Jar Binks of the Star Trek universe. I was surprised they didn't kill him off earlier in the Voyager series, with as much death as was going on with that ship in the Delta Quadrant it wouldn't have been too difficult. He almost bit it once but Seven just had to save him. I'm sorry, but Neelix was embarrassing to the Star Trek Genre.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm not a fan of Neelix, but having something interesting and fun to do with bartenders and chefs would be nice. Food isn't even worth the pick up and I've never noticed a reason to mess with the chef doffs other than if I need cheap worthless doffs to put into a project.

So, I do like this idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    So, I do like this idea.

I might if I hadn't been to the last Winter Wonderland and gotten my fill of voiced freaky chefs with a weaksauce cooking gimmick. Even as bad as that chef was, Neelix could only make it worse.

I will agree with the idea that making it a "Cooking Neelix" minigame might be fun, though. :D
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Linola Root ugh, I hope he got some new recipes then :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."