Options

Boldly They Stopped ...

2»

Comments

• Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    I did look at it , I did finish it , it's not 3 clicks -- it's never 3 clicks .
    You're welcome to provide a video recording of your proof , or perhaps you'd like to update the STO wiki with more current information , as there it states like I did that the puzzle has no set solution .

Well, don't you feel a bit silly right now?
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I appreciate this ... , but consider that you were the only one out of 20+ posters (and 960+ viewers) who had a source .
    (this might be nice to add if someone reading this has editing privileges @ STOwiki)

The above means that this info is NOT well known .
    The vid itself has about 5700 views . I won't say if that's good or bad , simply because that's not for me to say -- but my impression is that 5700 views in 2 years is ok-but-not-great .

My experiences with 18 toons since the mission debuted however were never 3 clicks .
    And since the info about this is not out there , I don't think I was/am the minority here .
    (this means that just because you know it , that does not automatically translate to "easy" or that "everyone must know it too")

The fact that everyone here is telling you how easy the damn puzzle is makes it glaringly obvious that no one would ever need a video to tell them how to do the puzzle. It's ALWAYS 3 clicks. I've ran the mission over and over to get the beams. It's ALWAYS 3 clicks.

I think the real problem here is you just wanting to spacebar your way through everything and not taking half a second to look at the puzzle presented.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I appreciate this ... , but consider that you were the only one out of 20+ posters (and 960+ viewers) who had a source .

I have as a source the personal experience of those same 3 clicks working no fewer than 20 times that I've done that mission so far. :eek:

But you just keep on with the "I still insist I'm right and it's the entire bunch of you who are wrong" schtick even after who is and isn't wrong has been clearly demonstrated.
    The above means that this info is NOT well known .

The number of people relaying the information off the top of their head clearly means otherwise. :rolleyes:

Request new Accolade: "There are 3 clicks." :D
    The vid itself has about 5700 views . I won't say if that's good or bad , simply because that's not for me to say -- but my impression is that 5700 views in 2 years is ok-but-not-great .

Maybe because the number of people who can't figure the non-random 3-click puzzle out is "not-great."
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Maybe because the number of people who can't figure the non-random 3-click puzzle out is "not-great."

If there is any hope left for humanity ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    luchoortizluchoortiz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope that when the redo the Cardassian missions (which they probably will since they've been slowly revamping everything) they make Kurkland be a non-clickie informative pop up instead of the annoyance it is now. Borticus will probably make sure the annoying voice being heard every minute will remain so we can hear his voice for eternity.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    None of the puzzle mini-games in that mission are difficult. The first one is a simple "ABCD" game. The chip puzzle is the same as the one on Defera, just a little less tedious because you only have to do it once.

So, just do the damned things and move on. The developers don't need to waste time and resources removing something a seven year old can figure out in five minutes (an adult of average intelligence should be able to do it faster).
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    luchoortiz wrote: »
    I hope that when the redo the Cardassian missions (which they probably will since they've been slowly revamping everything) they make Kurkland be a non-clickie informative pop up instead of the annoyance it is now. Borticus will probably make sure the annoying voice being heard every minute will remain so we can hear his voice for eternity.

i dont think the FE series's will be remastered at least not until the rest of the content has been.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    But you just keep on with the "I still insist I'm right and it's the entire bunch of you who are wrong" schtick even after who is and isn't wrong has been clearly demonstrated.

Actually , the only thing I've seen demonstrated is this :
    Less then a handful of ppl actually providing some actual help .
    4 pages of ppl going on and on about how easy something is ... -- forgetting completely that we are not all the same , nor do we possess the same set of skills .

So , anybody else here who'd like to jump on the sheep band wagon and say how E-E-E-E-E-Easy something is ?
    Come on .
    Plenty more room on the internets for your wanna-be bad boy attitude . :cool:

As for me ... , well I'm perfectly ok with the insinuations about my intellect ... , as I judge my achievements in both past and present by my owns standards ... , be that in-game or in RL .

But thanks for the thought . :)
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well the newer FE's only have puzzles like "Click the Green Stuff ... NO ! not that one ... the Bold Green Text ... now pat yourself on the back" ... guess that's because of people like the OP ...

yes, but those that suck at Simon Will say the new FE puzzles suck.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Actually , the only thing I've seen demonstrated is this :
    Less then a handful of ppl actually providing some actual help .
    4 pages of ppl going on and on about how easy something is ... -- forgetting completely that we are not all the same , nor do we possess the same set of skills .
    As I shown earlier, you just had to google it to have the answer. It was the very first link I had.

As for me ... , well I'm perfectly ok with the insinuations about my intellect ... , as I judge my achievements in both past and present by my owns standards ... , be that in-game or in RL .
    Help me to understand the relation between your intellect and a random loot, because right now, I don't get it. Not that I'm criticizing your intellect. As for achievement, I usually takes things I'm proud of. Having luck is not something I am proud of.
    But hey, it's good to know about that. Even if nobody cares and it's not related at all to to this topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Why didn't you tell us before that you have a JHAS or that some random dude got a PSG Tech drop in IGE? This changes everything!

Wait, no it doesn't.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    But hey, it's good to know about that. Even if nobody cares and it's not related at all to to this topic.

Maybe it is related and once again the OP has the right of things while all the rest of are confused. Maybe he's claiming that since he's so lucky, his spray-n-pray "mindlessly clicking away" approach should always solve the non-puzzle with a set 3-click solution in 10 seconds flat.

-shrug-
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    yes, but those that suck at Simon Will say the new FE puzzles suck.

SIMON IS A CHEATING TRIBBLE AND YOU KNOW IT. :mad:
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe it is related and once again the OP has the right of things while all the rest of are confused. Maybe he's claiming that since he's so lucky, his spray-n-pray "mindlessly clicking away" approach should always solve the non-puzzle with a set 3-click solution in 10 seconds flat.

-shrug-
    Somehow, it makes sense.
    Or maybe I'm just crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jmanwinjmanwin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Go to Defera Invasion Zone, choose the [Easy] Preservation of Knowledge mission, and inventory all of the items first. Then you'll get a dozen of those puzzles in a row to practice on, with the pieces in random positions this time. Slow down, take a breath, and actually examine at the puzzle for a second. Note that:

1. The smaller third row provides a guide as to color order (this never changes); and

2. It is impossible to move the piece in the lower right corner with the 3 movement options.

So you're only really moving 5 of the 6 pieces, you're handed the color order, and the lower right corner dictates which shape goes in the bottom row (this also never changes). You've got to be able to figure it out from there. It's a very basic problem-solving skill that everyone needs to have and you probably do have, you just saw "puzzle" and immediately became impatient.

Hint: Because the bottom row has fewer movement options than the top row, match the lower left corner first (never touch it again), then use the lower middle as a swapping station to reorganize the color order of the top row.

Even in the absolute worst case scenario of randomization, this should only take 7 or 8 clicks tops, and only if you're using an inefficient solution method like the above.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The puzzles are already for Chimpanzees, if it's going to be any easier, you'll just have to put a Cat on your Keyboard to get the mission done :P

Next FE Puzzle proposal :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDntbGRPeEU
    hehe.... you know there'd be people complaining it was too hard. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg