test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boldly They Stopped ...

aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
... so it's that time again ... , to do a seemingly awesome EVA mission ... just to stop cold at the Isolinear Chip Alignment puzzle .

It can take 1 minute , it can take 5 .
I can take a break while mindlessly clicking away , or I can go get a meal after I'm done with the accursed thing .

But one thing is for sure :
Of all the missions Cryptic has put together over 4 years ... , nothing says "Show Stopper" then this little "clicky mission" .

And considering how many-a-player were up in arms about another type of "clicky mission" , and considering that Cryptic has shown no problem in the past in ripping out parts of missions and calling it "remastering" -- once again I'm left with the request :

Make this puzzle be gone ! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i forget exactly, but the puzzle is not randomized, unlike the maintenance thinggy near the start of the mission, you can litterally finish it in like, 3 clicks, its either 2 left, or 2 right, then swap up and down.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh my Lord, :D.

This puzzle is so easy and non-randomized, that it shouldn't be an issue at all. Good grief. Like the above poster said: It's 3 clicks. Next time, try not 'mindlessly clicking away' and actually looking at the puzzle.

Nothing to see here, people. Move along.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is the EASIEST puzzle on STO because it is always the same and it is the same one as you can find, for example in other missions or in the Defera invasion zone. Once you know how to do it, it takes 2 seconds to complete it (the time you waste in a few clicks..) . Seriously guys.. :cool:

In fact, i always thought this "puzzle" was just a way of cryptic to make fun of the players lol. Since it cant even be called a puzzle.
  • Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And for the other places where this puzzle appears, since you can't shift the bottom row, you put that one in colour order first.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Puzzle is easy and doesn't really bug me. What bugs me more is the ridiculously slow movement we must endure that prolongs the mission more than it needs to be.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The non-random non-puzzle in question is about as much of an issue as that hideous Nukara mission popup.

Seriously...with "Kurland here" you're worried about a one-off three-click pseudo-puzzle?
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seriously...with "Kurland here" you're worried about a one-off three-click pseudo-puzzle?
    I was going to post that.

"We must maintain radio silence" "KURLAND HERE !"

But then, we all know it's an undine or a changelling trying to get us killed.

The puzzle is so easy it's ridiculous. And if you still have difficulties (probably because you are colorblind, that's the only reason I can imagine), you can find a quick solution to the puzzle on internet. Either on sto wiki, or with google.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe that's the thing, the Dominion heard him open his big mouth enough they started to ignore him.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,406 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe that's the thing, the Dominion heard him open his big mouth enough they started to ignore him.
    Random Vorta: "My Lord, they have broken radio silence!"

Changeling: "And who speaks?"

Vorta: "Kurland, my Lord."

Changeling: (dismissively) "Ignore it. That one never says anything of consequence."
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The next attack on DS9, I'll side with the Dominion. Just because of Kurland.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »

the next attack will be by undine, not the dominion.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    the next attack will be by undine, not the dominion.

They are only concerned with intelligent life. He won't be in any danger.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    erei1 wrote: »

Maybe we can weaponize Kurland?

I propose the Kurland Console! Grants the user "Attack Pattern Kurland" which in PVE annoys the target into attacking anyone else, and in PVP forces the target to listen to a loop of "Kurland Here" for a random amount of time. :D
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The real problem with the mission is the incredibly slow and BORING EVA aspect of it. I'd much rather they let us do it like in the Dyson EVA, where you could float there instead.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Oh my Lord, :D.

This puzzle is so easy and non-randomized, that it shouldn't be an issue at all. Good grief. Like the above poster said: It's 3 clicks. Next time, try not 'mindlessly clicking away' and actually looking at the puzzle.

I did look at it , I did finish it , it's not 3 clicks -- it's never 3 clicks .
    You're welcome to provide a video recording of your proof , or perhaps you'd like to update the STO wiki with more current information , as there it states like I did that the puzzle has no set solution .
  • Options
    apocalypsex99apocalypsex99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    You're welcome to provide a video recording of your proof , or perhaps you'd like to update the STO wiki with more current information , as there it states like I did that the puzzle has no set solution .
    Are you thinking of the security override(which IS randomized) or the isolinear chips? The Isolinear chip puzzle is easy whe you know what to do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are you thinking of the security override(which IS randomized) or the isolinear chips? The Isolinear chip puzzle is easy whe you know what to do.

Would appear they're talking about the first puzzle and not the second. But the first one is not hard, and since it's at the start of the mission - it's basically telling you what the mission is going to be like...long and tedious. Not hard, but definitely tedious...

...cause just like he linked it, all you have to do is wobble over to each - jot down the info - thruster back over - enter it...and you're on your way. Perhaps if they had poles by each so you didn't have to wobble over there before thrustering back...it would be less tedious.

Perhaps it's really not that tedious in of itself, it's just the collective number of times having run it over the years - including the desync issue (having to reset the cursor) that happened all the time with it between the Iso puzzle and heading up...meh.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014

According to the OP, the Isolinear is indeed the difficult, frustrating culprit:
    ... so it's that time again ... , to do a seemingly awesome EVA mission ... just to stop cold at the Isolinear Chip Alignment puzzle .

Of course the OP insisted it's never 3 clicks, and was promptly linked to a video of the "puzzle" being solved in- yes- 3 clicks. The same 3 clicks I've used in more than a few replays of the mission.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Would appear they're talking about the first puzzle and not the second. But the first one is not hard, and since it's at the start of the mission - it's basically telling you what the mission is going to be like...long and tedious. Not hard, but definitely tedious...

...cause just like he linked it, all you have to do is wobble over to each - jot down the info - thruster back over - enter it...and you're on your way. Perhaps if they had poles by each so you didn't have to wobble over there before thrustering back...it would be less tedious.

Perhaps it's really not that tedious in of itself, it's just the collective number of times having run it over the years - including the desync issue (having to reset the cursor) that happened all the time with it between the Iso puzzle and heading up...meh.
    I actually use brute force cracking on the security override. I find it to be faster than actually finding the numbers. That and I tend to forget which number goes where anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually use brute force cracking on the security override. I find it to be faster than actually finding the numbers. That and I tend to forget which number goes where anyways.

Heh, I run two monitors anyway - so I just pop notepad open on the second screen...was always surprised that STO didn't have an in-game sort of notepad thing so folks could make notes in the game.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    But one thing is for sure :
    Of all the missions Cryptic has put together over 4 years ... , nothing says "Show Stopper" then this little "clicky mission" .

Are you forgetting the math problems in Coliseum to unlock the satellite that has your ship tractored? That is the most annoying puzzle! :D
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are you forgetting the math problems in Coliseum to unlock the satellite that has your ship tractored? That is the most annoying puzzle! :D

gods I hate that one...

*in his best melodramatic crying voice* why? cryptic why would you be so cruel as to force math on us?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The puzzles are already for Chimpanzees, if it's going to be any easier, you'll just have to put a Cat on your Keyboard to get the mission done :P

Next FE Puzzle proposal :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDntbGRPeEU
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And people say we should go back to 1 episode a week.

Hah. I say. HAH. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And people say we should go back to 1 episode a week.

Hah. I say. HAH. :rolleyes:

Well the newer FE's only have puzzles like "Click the Green Stuff ... NO ! not that one ... the Bold Green Text ... now pat yourself on the back" ... guess that's because of people like the OP ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I appreciate this ... , but consider that you were the only one out of 20+ posters (and 960+ viewers) who had a source .
    (this might be nice to add if someone reading this has editing privileges @ STOwiki)

The above means that this info is NOT well known .
    The vid itself has about 5700 views . I won't say if that's good or bad , simply because that's not for me to say -- but my impression is that 5700 views in 2 years is ok-but-not-great .

My experiences with 18 toons since the mission debuted however were never 3 clicks .
    And since the info about this is not out there , I don't think I was/am the minority here .
    (this means that just because you know it , that does not automatically translate to "easy" or that "everyone must know it too")
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You need like a 40 IQ or be color blind to not be able to figure it out.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I appreciate this ... , but consider that you were the only one out of 20+ posters (and 960+ viewers) who had a source .
    (this might be nice to add if someone reading this has editing privileges @ STOwiki)

The above means that this info is NOT well known .
    The vid itself has about 5700 views . I won't say if that's good or bad , simply because that's not for me to say -- but my impression is that 5700 views in 2 years is ok-but-not-great .

My experiences with 18 toons since the mission debuted however were never 3 clicks .
    And since the info about this is not out there , I don't think I was/am the minority here .
    (this means that just because you know it , that does not automatically translate to "easy" or that "everyone must know it too")
    Maybe we didn't bother to search for something you could have searched yourself.
    But then I'll help you.
    Click here. The video someone else posted is in the upper left corner of the first link you'll have.
    See, that wasn't too hard, was it ?

5700view only because the mission is really easy, and the puzzle even more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]