test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 15th, 2014) [Complete!]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday May 15th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for expanding the AFK penalty!

Not a bad patch, as patches go.

Also, how is Tacofangs enjoying that 160" LCD HDTV I sent him? Does it get HBO and Showtime and TCM and BNN (Ba'al News Network)? The ESPN channels? BBC America?

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

Not a bad patch, as patches go.

Also, how is Tacofangs enjoying that 160" LCD HDTV I sent him? Does it get HBO and Showtime and TCM and BNN (Ba'al News Network)? The ESPN channels? BBC America?

Hail Ba'al!
    I'm not sure if he likes it... it didn't come with DISN.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Give me 15 minutes. I shall yell at the Minions of Ba'al (tm) until they get this fixed. We'll have a team of techs gate out ASAP.

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2014

THX SO MUCH! (although those penalties should be applied to ALL queues ;) )
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Alright, a team of elite, highly-trained Jaffa scientists and technicians is heading through the Stargate now to ensure that honorary Grand Potentate Tacofangs has whatever channels he wants absolutely for free.

I love being Grand Vizier. Nepotism is fun. :D

Hail Ba'al!
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday May 15th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

There is still quite a few issues not on the known issues list that are quite important. An example being the FPS/graphics problem. Can we get a confirmation this is at least being looked at?

Otherwise, stellar work particulary on the AFK side of things.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    * Resolved an issue where a player could sometimes get stuck in the shuttle bay on ESD.

There is no getting stuck in the ESD shuttle bay. The only way to get into the shuttle bay is to intentionally TRY to get into the shuttle bay in the first place. And you want out? Beam out, or go to the door that beams you to Starfleet Academy, or jump off the edge and get autobeamed back to the transporter pad. Problem solved.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014

What's DISN? I know ISDN and HDMI and FOX and CBS and whatever you Americans invented, but not DISN.
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What's DISN? I know ISDN and HDMI and FOX and CBS and whatever you Americans invented, but not DISN.

Um, HDMI is a cable (lead) not a TV channel. I've no idea what DISN is either. Care to elaborate?
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Um, HDMI is a cable (lead) not a TV channel. I've no idea what DISN is either. Care to elaborate?

I know I just needed some english shortings as examples.

First, I thought its short for Disney channel or Network or something..
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I have googled it, and it is either something to do with Disney Channel, or some American Defence Thingy.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I have googled it, and it is either something to do with Disney Channel, or some American Defence Thingy.

Maybe Trendy meant to say Dish? As in, the satellite TV company?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Maybe Trendy meant to say Dish? As in, the satellite TV company?

Nope, still means nothing.

• Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2014
    So, still no fix on the tray problem and the graphics isssues?

For shame, Cryptic! :mad:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So when does my Mk11 flamethrower turret get fixed?
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Disney Network?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Disney Network?

It is possible, one of the results was something or other Disney.

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Occasionally, bridge officer and captain powers are removed from the power tray when transitioning to another map.

The one thing you *should* have fixed, with extreme prejudice, you didn't. 'Nuf said.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Occasionally, bridge officer and captain powers are removed from the power tray when transitioning to another map.

The one thing you *should* have fixed, with extreme prejudice, you didn't. 'Nuf said.
    The one thing they should have fixed with extreme prejudice isn't even on the known issues list, Graphics performance has been a complete mess since season 9, something is clearly majorly broken and it's not even getting a mention.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    richardlwhite1richardlwhite1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe that may be the Disney Channel for all of you Mickey Mouse Fans
    Fleet Admiral Richard L White
    USS Independence NX-91117-M
    Shadow Raiders
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I believe that may be the Disney Channel for all of you Mickey Mouse Fans

I don't quite get what you are saying. Mickey Mouse fans? I'm 99% sure you are not refering to fans of Mickey Mouse.

• Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »

I would have to second this. I got a afk penalty for having to fix power tray and load out before engaging the CE in crystalline catastrophe. Does not seem fair I get penalized for their sytems not work. Specially when you buy load out spots that don't work.

How about an update on FPS lag and other graphics issues. The game is unbearable to play.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Better luck next week I guess...
    Galactic Horde.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Season 10, the one where we hope they fix stuff.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    I would have to second this. I got a afk penalty for having to fix power tray and load out before engaging the CE in crystalline catastrophe. Does not seem fair I get penalized for their sytems not work. Specially when you buy load out spots that don't work.

How about an update on FPS lag and other graphics issues. The game is unbearable to play.

[sarcasm] Keep up the good work, Cryptic!! [/sarcasm]

:rolleyes:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still no fix to put the Rep abilities back to Season 8 style? Still not going to play until the Rep abilities get put back.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Still no fix to put the Rep abilities back to Season 8 style? Still not going to play until the Rep abilities get put back.

Face it, they are not going to be returned. I'm betting that you will stay though, as that is an extremely petty reason, plus I definitely hope they will not return it to pre Series-9.

• Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Resolved an issue where some hair styles appeared to have holes in them.

Yay, my toon's mysterious case of alopecia is getting cleared up :D
  • Options
    baratgabbaratgab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is still quite a few issues not on the known issues list that are quite important. An example being the FPS/graphics problem. Can we get a confirmation this is at least being looked at?

Exactly. FPS is miserably low for me too, particularly since Season 9, as far as I can discern. (E.g. in Defera, new ESD, and space battle zone; but generally everywhere lower than before.) I tried to play around with the updated settings system, but no luck without bringing down everything to minimum. Something definitely feels odd. :confused:

I have a GTX 750 card which is not a top card by any means, but games with much better graphics tend to run much smoother. Currently I have less than 20 FPS in ESD (unless I'm looking into a corner), and Defera also tends to go near 20 FPS many times. Previously I used an R7 250, which is considerably slower than the current GTX 750, and I was able to run the pre Season 9 game without much problem (there was only two or three settings that I had to set lower).

Since I have a ThinkCentre SFF case (I love it for the compactness), and GTX 750 is the strongest card in that low profile form factor, I'm basically out of luck. Of course, in any case, I wouldn't buy another card just because of this game... especially since I cannot see any reason for the low frame rates; STO is not exactly a Star Citizen-looking game, and the graphics is not even better than before, just slower. :(

I really hope that the developers will notice the problem and can sort it out somehow eventually.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When am I going to be able to wear my M.A.C.O. armour Mk XII helmet? Even reclaiming the armour through Roxy didn't make the helmet available in the Head menu. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
This discussion has been closed.