What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 15th, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    tucker84tucker84 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still have to reset my active space duty officers after every map change. :mad: Not even mentioned on the known issues list. I've heard other players have the same problem.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am amazed at all the reports of bad graphics. To me the game looks better than ever.
    Granted my system is new, but due to budget reasons it's not high end at all.

So it's not a universal problem and might not even show up on Cryptic's computers to reproduce.

Probably not easy to fix what you can't find.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Thank you for expanding the AFK penalty!

Not a bad patch, as patches go.

Also, how is Tacofangs enjoying that 160" LCD HDTV I sent him? Does it get HBO and Showtime and TCM and BNN (Ba'al News Network)? The ESPN channels? BBC America?

Hail Ba'al!
    What do you get if you mix Worffan with tiger balm?

Greet Ba'als of fire :D:P
  • Options
    chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the graphics issue is more a too many things on one screen causeing massive fps loss then lag. other then in the undine battlezone I never have a problem either and my system isnt up to par so to speak. still It would be nice if there was something aknowledgeing the issue and attempts to fix it. as for the bo's unslottiing, I thought this would have been fixed before release of s9 after the issue was on tribble for over a month, but....here we are a month later and not a single word abut a fix. this has to be the most annoying part right now. i've almost given up on using the pt completely!
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    There are few threads about this issue, and most of them are several pages long. The majority of the players who have posted in said threads submitted bug reports.
    I can't commment with regard to the replies others recived, but the reply I received suggested disinterest in both the problem and doing anything to resolve it.
    And furthermore, I have seen absolutely NOTHING, anywhere, that even so much as acknowledges this issue.

I'm pleased that you're not experiencing the problem, and it seems clear that there are plenty of players who are not having the same troubles. How very nice for you; but that doesn't make it less of an issue for those of us who are having to run STO on reduced everything (and sometimes even THAT isn't enough to prevent it from becoming unplayable) and are being met with a 'this is your problem, not ours' attitude from the Dev's.

So please, don't imply that this is a non-problem just because it's not something that YOU are experiencing.

I implied no such thing. I merely said it seems to be a selective problem which might not be easy to reproduce for Cryptic if they lack the specific hardware that is connected to the problem.

But I agree, acknowledging it as such and letting us know that they are investigating would be appropriate.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I am amazed at all the reports of bad graphics. To me the game looks better than ever.

So it's not a universal problem and might not even show up on Cryptic's computers to reproduce.

It has left me wondering WTF people are trying to play this game on, it's not like I have an UBER gaming rig, hell I don't even have a gaming rig, just a 5 year old HP Pavilion running 64 bit Vista, 2.5 Ghz Core2 quad, 4 Gb RAM and a 1 Gb GT 430. Yet I have the graphic sliders cranked right up, all I've changed from that is I've killed off bloom completely, it's a card killer and always will be, and because the human eye can't tell the difference between 30 FPS and 300 FPS I've restricted the FPS to 30.

Like that it's only the final battles with the planet killers that causes me problems, but even then it's not a complete slide show and I can still fly & fight.
  • Options
    kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    STF Set Registration: Resolved an error with Roxy's registration store that was making KHG Armor Mk XI cost KHG Armor Mk XII.
    Is the other way fixed as well? Yesterday I tried to register my KHG Mk XII Armor and got a Mk XI Armor back. Very annoying if you ask me, especially since it broke the set.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    What do you get if you mix Worffan with tiger balm?

Greet Ba'als of fire :D:P

Can't...stop...laughing...

:D:P

Hail Ba'al!

(also, thanks, I needed that)
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    I would have to second this. I got a afk penalty for having to fix power tray and load out before engaging the CE in crystalline catastrophe. Does not seem fair I get penalized for their sytems not work. Specially when you buy load out spots that don't work.

How about an update on FPS lag and other graphics issues. The game is unbearable to play.
    Thanks for sharing your experience, simeion.
    I guess I'd better not do any STF or CE with my KDF Romulan because I might get an afk penalty for trying to fix the active space duty officers roster, which gets scrambled any time I change map. -.-
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for sharing your experience, simeion.
    I guess I'd better not do any STF or CE with my KDF Romulan because I might get an afk penalty for trying to fix the active space duty officers roster, which gets scrambled any time I change map. -.-

I've got the same problem on my KDF, one officer is always taken out when changing maps...
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2014
    Active DOFF-Slot Problem still not on the Known Issues?
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For those of you saying you don't have a problem and do t have a top of the line rig that is the problem. Most people not having issues already have lower graphics settings. But for those due us that have decant or high end rigs were playing on high graphics settings prior to season 9. Now on our old settings we can barely play the game. Now I have to play sto on crappy graphics just to get missions done.

Look at the difference.
    This is a NWS night before season nine.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aN2eacFHxAg

After seasons nine
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HAofGFN-GQ0

All players want is a status and acknowledgement that it is being work, maybe a status once a week in the dev tracker area with the progress.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »

Not universal no, but certainly it is widespread. Too many people with differing builds for it to be anything but the game.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    For those of you saying you don't have a problem and do t have a top of the line rig that is the problem. Most people not having issues already have lower graphics settings. But for those due us that have decant or high end rigs were playing on high graphics settings prior to season 9. Now on our old settings we can barely play the game. Now I have to play sto on crappy graphics just to get missions done.

Look at the difference.
    This is a NWS night before season nine.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aN2eacFHxAg

After seasons nine
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HAofGFN-GQ0

All players want is a status and acknowledgement that it is being work, maybe a status once a week in the dev tracker area with the progress.

I see some slight stuttering in the second video, but otherwise looked like normal game play to me.

Sadly my issues since S9 are the mini-games are unplayable as there is an incredibly slow reaction of the system to your commands but the timer runs just fine. Then the transition effect that wipes all my slotted effects from ship powers to all rep slots.

This may be broken enough for me to go spend money elsewhere.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still no Venture Skin for the Fleet Nebula Science Ship

Still no Monarch Skin for the Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought

:rolleyes: :(
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, thank you for extended the AFK penalty. I had received word that a few days ago an organized trolling of the queues was taking place - players would queue for events, enter them, then purposely leave to make the mission more difficult for the remaining players. I'm not sure if this will discourage this practice, but it's worth a shot.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what about my cane and shard from about a year ago that completely dis-appeared from my inventory ??? i only ask because i already did the grind for them once.....

*****peace*****
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well this sucks. Because while I try and do the missions there are moments when I have customers walk into my shop. a few minutes and then I am back into the game (Note: It's my store so I won't fire myself for playing a game in it and also the computer is the only one I own that can play STO without killing itself with these increased Graphics as of late. So people getting on about me playing while working I'll laugh at). What this means that between me having to reset my system tray and the 1-2 minutes to a browsing customer I have a geat chance of being screwed in a mission I AM a part of, playing the majority, and doing the objectives.

I'll be honest I thought the had to pick a item at the end of the event or you get nothing was pretty much the perfect AFK device. I don't know how many times I've lost my loot because a customer came in right at the last minute of the match and made me miss the minute+ they give to grab the loot. In game $ has nothing on RL $ but I hate to lose both.

No loot fine, but that two hour pentalty is over the top compared to the leaver pentalty. If you are that vendictive make the leaver pentalty the same. Hey why not just have the cool down on all the events 2 hours instead of 30 min to an hour. That way it would be fair to everyone and people would be forced to play more varried missions and events. That would shut down my usual STO day. And with the busy season comming I'll guess I'll just have to shelve STO until August.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well this sucks. Because while I try and do the missions there are moments when I have customers walk into my shop. a few minutes and then I am back into the game

3 words: Get. Over. Yourself. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    deadbrkwarriordeadbrkwarrior Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    legetdumar wrote: »
    So, still no fix on the tray problem and the graphics isssues?

For shame, Cryptic! :mad:

agreed!! i understand if they havent figured out how to fix the problem but jeez cryptic at least acknowledge that u r working on it n not just blowing it off.. i run windows 8 w intel quad core processor so i should not have a problem at all!!
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *puts down gigantic plate full of bacon, with a bacon salad, bacon soup, and a glass of bacon*

Heeeeeeere Trendy Trendy Trendy... :D
  • Options
    mechguy85mechguy85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please please tell a new guy that 8GB isn't the average update size, I have a slow connection
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Awesome patch. Now I just have to do the replay 10 days in a row to finally have my drian build 100% completed.

Dracula will achieve maximum power suck in 10 days!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I’ll post again once it is complete. Thanks ya’ll!
    ~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    *puts down gigantic plate full of bacon, with a bacon salad, bacon soup, and a glass of bacon*

Heeeeeeere Trendy Trendy Trendy... :D
    Oooooo! Tempting... but it seems like a trap...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I’ll post again once it is complete. Thanks ya’ll!
    ~LaughingTrendy

Yay! At last, harsh penalties for AFKers...

Did you get the Bacontastic Bacon Mountain cake that I sent you, Mistress? And the shipment of bacon cheeseburgers?

Hail Ba'al!

Also, and more importantly, did you get my PM re: a dedicated fanfic subforum in Ten Forward?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Yay! At last, harsh penalties for AFKers...

Did you get the Bacontastic Bacon Mountain cake that I sent you, Mistress? And the shipment of bacon cheeseburgers?

Hail Ba'al!

Also, and more importantly, did you get my PM re: a dedicated fanfic subforum in Ten Forward?
    Mmmmm, thank you worffan. I'm combing through my daily PM's. I'll get to it in a moment after I confirm maintenance stuff. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Mmmmm, thank you worffan. I'm combing through my daily PM's. I'll get to it in a moment after I confirm maintenance stuff. :)

You are welcome! I love being Grand Vizier--blatant nepotism makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Hail Ba'al!

Thank you. You are awesome as usual.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oooooo! Tempting... but it seems like a trap...
    A trap? *blink blink, hides the evidence, adds more bacon*
This discussion has been closed.