test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spring Ship Sale! (Now Ended)

13»

Comments

• t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bit of a noob to the forums, but not to sto, but do people just randomly talk out of their TRIBBLE here? it's common sense left the building elvis when you make some common sense :D
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thnx for the sale of 20% this time around ... got some great ships to fly again, and some fun stuff to level with ...

Just a few suggestions to make life alot easier ingame tho ..
    In the past, we could use the cryptic-webshop to buy the ships, withouth needing to discard an old ship first to make room for buying the ship ... etc etc ...
    That made it alot easier to buy new things, without requiring to swap to an eligible faction charater, and buying the items on that character.
    I'd really like to see the "old" webshop returning. (not only because it enabled the buying of items without logging into the game first, like during lunchbreaks at work ...)

Another item that would be "easy" to implement, but an awesome improvement in "shipbuilding" , is adding the special ship items to the special/reclaim tab of the dil-store , the reclaim tab is now for the special ship items (risian corvette console) , it would be awesome if i can get a "theta radiation console" from that shop, instead of visiting the shipyard, buying the ship, grabbing the console, discarding the ship, putting the console on my new build.
    Not to mention all the hassle needed if one needs to free up a ship slot first.

As for the people who "complain" about the sale ... it happens ... too bad ... you are not the first this happens to, and will not be the last, in this game or any other that has "shops" for items. I know the pain of buying lifetime a week before it goes on sale personally.
    I was very annoyed, but it did not stop me from playing and enjoying the game.

They will never anounce such sales up front, specifically to prevent outside market influence in their economics (zen/dil traders hoarding) as much as possible, or to keep their sales up till the last minute, which is also the reason holdings & features are always "last minute anouncements" at most 2 days up front (with the trading skyrocketing right after anounce).

W00T ... new shiny ... gotta fly ....
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh .. and for everyone who thinks kdf & romulan are left in the cold ....

Go back to the starting screen of a new account .... there is a reason this game gives free accounts 3 character slots, to make different chars right of the bat, nobody forces you to restrict your play to a single faction.

And if an item sells particularly well on one side, the chances are very high it will sell high for other factions too, so on that count ... be glad the feds get the newest shinies to test out first ... because to me in particular, the KDF got the better deal on the Mogh/Avenger for example.

Same ship layout , where the feds need an extra console to cloak (+1 slot for kdf) and the KDF DDDS is better than the FED VATA as it does the same and it drops weapon-pods as well.

KDF for tha win.
  • gavinmurphy0603gavinmurphy0603 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its a great promotion if they had more ships for all factions only bringng out one usable ship every 3-4 months is getting old especially with how many lock box ships they come out with. Build more ships that arent lock boxes or lobi build more starfleet klingon and standard romulan ships.
    Gavin Murphy
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hope you all enjoyed this sale, as well as the 2 free ship slot everyone was granted last week.

Thanks for supporting our game and buying some great vessels for your Captains everyone!

See you around the Galaxy!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.