If I could grant you one wish...

2»

Comments

• Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wish I could talk to animals.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,246 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Everyone gets super powers and I get the powers of all the avengers.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would like my mother back.

But I read "The Monkey's Paw" back in grade school, so I'm not going to play this game.
    Keep your useless, hollow wishes. I have plenty of my own.
  • Options
    kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wish for a weapon that can kill annoying genies that offer stupid wishes.

Lets say Frostmourne on Star Trek that has been reassembled and ported in the Trek universe with full frostmourne powers.
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Heh, interesting thread. I like it.

I wish for you to kill me.

(Assume that I have neither the means nor the drive to actually kill myself, yet I still do not want to continue living. I also cannot be convinced out of this as I am obviously not in a rational state of mind. Although you could use your genie powers to change that, it would be completely against my will. However as a mere human, I do not have the ability to oppose you should you choose to force that on me anyway. Go!)

After you tell me of your dilemma, my image turns back into purple smoke and fade back into my lamp. You look around then back at the lamp, wondering if your wish was granted, a moment later, hear foot steps coming. Dragging their feet with a slow advance, then your hear the graining moan that send the hair standing on the back of your neck, as these creatures become visible, you now have a choice to make. Run from them and live, or join them as the living dead! Thanks for playing.
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    I wish I could talk to animals.

I reach out and touch your forehead, you appear in a petting zoo full of animals, they are good listeners. Thanks for playing. :D
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    Everyone gets super powers and I get the powers of all the avengers.

With a wave of my hands, you and the whole world, and universe beyond are granted superpowers, you are given the combined powers of every Avenger, even a fully integrated Iron Man suit that works off of your Hulk physique, combining a long list of dozens of heroes. Enjoy them while the earth lasts, for you have just tipped the scale of power in the universe and now everyone from the Shiar to Thanos has deemed you a threat. Thanks for playing.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    hfmudd wrote: »
    I would like my mother back.

But I read "The Monkey's Paw" back in grade school, so I'm not going to play this game.
    Keep your useless, hollow wishes. I have plenty of my own.

Oh my goodness, I would not play at such a subject, and I am so sorry about your mom.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »
    I wish for a weapon that can kill annoying genies that offer stupid wishes.

Lets say Frostmourne on Star Trek that has been reassembled and ported in the Trek universe with full frostmourne powers.

Since their are no annoying Genie's, only annoying people who wish to bend reality to their wills. I can offer you no specific target to test out your new sword. But I can grant you the sword you seek, and the best of luck as you begin your new journey as the Lich king, with only the undead as your company. But your hordes, now mixed within the Star Trek universe have created a new sport for Klingons, Breen and Naussicans. They hunt your minions with the hope of one day claiming your sword and head for their prize. Have fun and thanks for playing.

Frostmourne
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Sword
    Two-Hand
    Speed 4.00
    597 - 896 Damage
    (186.6 damage per second)
    +100 Strength
    +200 Stamina
    +150 Intellect
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: The wielder of Frostmourne will become the new Lich King.
    "Hail to the king, baby!"
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lunasto wrote: »
    After you tell me of your dilemma, my image turns back into purple smoke and fade back into my lamp. You look around then back at the lamp, wondering if your wish was granted, a moment later, hear foot steps coming. Dragging their feet with a slow advance, then your hear the graining moan that send the hair standing on the back of your neck, as these creatures become visible, you now have a choice to make. Run from them and live, or join them as the living dead! Thanks for playing.

As a Dead Island fan, I approve of this. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Since their are no annoying Genie's, only annoying people who wish to bend reality to their wills. I can offer you no specific target to test out your new sword. But I can grant you the sword you seek, and the best of luck as you begin your new journey as the Lich king, with only the undead as your company. But your hordes, now mixed within the Star Trek universe have created a new sport for Klingons, Breen and Naussicans. They hunt your minions with the hope of one day claiming your sword and head for their prize. Have fun and thanks for playing.

Frostmourne
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Sword
    Two-Hand
    Speed 4.00
    597 - 896 Damage
    (186.6 damage per second)
    +100 Strength
    +200 Stamina
    +150 Intellect
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: The wielder of Frostmourne will become the new Lich King.
    "Hail to the king, baby!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocq4byvypZM

Least i'd be a raid boss and have a Ice Citadel somewhere. And Arthas didn't Lich King right anyways.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited May 2014
    My theme is I am a Genie, you discover me upon accidentally rubbing up against an old lamp. A glittery purple smoke arises and takes my form, I then speak in an Echoing voice. "Good fortune or folly shall follow you this day, I grant you one wish, speak wisely!"

(Tell me your Wish)
    My Dialogue will then follow, to give you an outcome to your wish>

Well if I only have one wish, then I guess the most logical way to approach this, as anyone else would, is Unlimited Wishes... That is my Wish you are a Genie, it is my wish to have Unlimited Wishes...

My wish is Unlimited Wishes...

P.S. I heard once that if a Genie does not grant one's wish, that Genie is ripped from his mighty power to never again be a Genie...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well if I only have one wish, then I guess the most logical way to approach this, as anyone else would, is Unlimited Wishes... That is my Wish you are a Genie, it is my wish to have Unlimited Wishes...

My wish is Unlimited Wishes...

P.S. I heard once that if a Genie does not grant one's wish, that Genie is ripped from his mighty power to never again be a Genie...

I hand you an old amulet with twin snakes coiling around one another, and open a doorway to another world for you, and begin to speak, "Xayide, shall guide you on how to properly use this device, try not to loose your mind when wishing!" (Evil Laugh) Thanks for playing. ;)
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I float over to you and gently touch your eyelids, "sleep." You awaken in a strange bedroom, you can hear chanting outside of your hotel room on the streets. A knock at your door startles you, you say, "was is das?" They answer, "mien fuhrer, wir gewonnen haben!" Shocked at understanding this dialogue, you quickly rush to your bath and look in the mirror to see a little mustache and face not belonging you. Thanks for playing! :P

Oh, come on, you borrowed that right out of a Twilight Zone episode.

Being genre savvy, I wish for you to be released from the lamp and return to your home in the Elemental Plane of Air. Messing with djinn never ends well.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »

Being genre savvy, I wish for you to be released from the lamp and return to your home in the Elemental Plane of Air. Messing with djinn never ends well.

Unless you bind them to your will, but sadly that technique has been lost to the ages...
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I had been waiting for someone to come along who was Gene savvy, your wish is my command! lolz

With a wave of my hands, lightning strikes and reality bends as I am freed from my lamp. The magic that is contained within me is therefore expelled and placed into you. Because, since I was a Genie in a lamp and not a Djinn in a crystal, the rule goes> "once you free a Genie, you must take her place!" My days will be now spent in a world full of pure air and floating islands, where assorted variety's of Genies, both greater and lesser inhabit. Since I have visited this plane once in D&D, and I am an outsider, I know I can patiently wait for a Jann to be assigned to me, and see to my needs until I am able to get back home.

The thread is all yours now Starswordc, enjoy!
    ;)
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wish for infinite genies.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The thread is all yours now Starswordc, enjoy! ;)

I use my wish powers on myself and get somebody else to do it. :D
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,761 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I use my wish powers on myself and get somebody else to do it. :D

didnt work..... needs more genre
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To practice and learn fiction writing skills, Meowstar suggested spontaneous dialogue games, much like old comedians used to use. I wish to try my hand at a fiction soon, but I would enjoy your participation in this game to help me get used to and practice this first.

My theme is I am a Genie, you discover me upon accidentally rubbing up against an old lamp. A glittery purple smoke arises and takes my form, I then speak in an Echoing voice. "Good fortune or folly shall follow you this day, I grant you one wish, speak wisely!"

(Tell me your Wish)
    My Dialogue will then follow, to give you an outcome to your wish>

I wish Cryptic finally made manes and more hairstyles and fur patterns for the cat species.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png