What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spring Ship Sale! (Now Ended)

Comments

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Got my last ship just before Season 9 started makes me wish I had waited now. Oh well this is good but don;t have the zen or dilithium to exchange
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Once again I sacrifice my zen to you people (the community) so that a sale can happen less than a day after my purchase. You are welcome. :P
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    Soooo glad I didnt buy that Naussican ship yesterday for the leech! Ty Cryptic :).

I did. ;_;

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Perfect timing, Cryptic! NOT!

You know we have a lot of unrefined Dilithium from last weekend but we can't refine it all in time, if you move the ship sale up a month. This way, if we want a ship on sale, we would need to put money in!

And based on history, I can see that you DID bump it up a month:

Previous Ship Sales
    July 2nd to 8th, 2013
    November 26 to Dec. 2nd, 2013

Admiral Quinn might have seen that coming though... or not. Hmmm...
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    tsabrocktsabrock Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Perfect timing, Cryptic! NOT!

You know we have a lot of unrefined Dilithium from last weekend but we can't refine it all in time, if you move the ship sale up a month. This way, if we want a ship on sale, we would need to put money in!

And based on history, I can see that you DID bump it up a month:

Previous Ship Sales
    July 2nd to 8th, 2013
    November 26 to Dec. 2nd, 2013

Admiral Quinn might have seen that coming though... or not. Hmmm...
    Yea, that's what irritates me greatly as well. I wasn't expecting the ship sale for at least another month, from my own research and talking to fleet members that have played a lot more than me. Had I known the sale was coming up, I would have waited to buy my Vestas and perhaps ponied-up a little extra RL cash to pick up a second ship.

Now instead my Zen is depleted for the ships I paid full price for, Zen prices have skyrocketed again, and a large chunk of my Dilithium won't be refined until after the sale is done. It's sneaky little things like this that really discourages me from spending RL money on the game.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sale is normally twice a year so you can just refine and save up... i just save up the monthly stipend, was trying to save up for lor bundle but there are only 1 or 2 consoles that I would use since the scimitar isnt included.

guess I will pick up the leech on kdf and shield console on rom during this sale... would like to save up for the dyson 9 pack one day... or maybe this updated patrol ship for fed... you can do a2b on it (well sometime next year anyway).
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bwahahaha, the art forum is now flooded with ship complaints! GG Cryptic. :P
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Making it hard on me. I was planning on getting the Avenger in the summer months. Since it will be close to my Birthday. Now i have to figure out how to get it with it under sell. 20% off is a great bargain.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yesterday: about 141 dilithium per zen

Today: 154 dilithium per zen, and will probably keep rising. :mad:
  • Options
    emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was starting to change my mind on buying the Vesta three pack at this moment... but this has changed everything.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great, whenever I save enough dilithium to turn into a ship, which is maybe twice a year, there is a ship sale a week later :o
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Great, whenever I save enough dilithium to turn into a ship, which is maybe twice a year, there is a ship sale a week later :o

Could be worse.
    I spend money but they always fall between my paydays so I have nothing saved for them.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seriously?!?!?

I cannot believe you people are complaining about a DISCOUNT.

You pulled the trigger too soon and paid full price the day before a sale? DEAL WITH IT. No business is going to check with you before running a sale. And disappointment is fact of life.

And for the guy complaining that they moved it up a month?

No they didn't. They have sales when they want. Its in the TOS. Read it.

And you apparently not only saved for a ship, but knew a sale was coming, yet you went ahead and blew the money?

Your fault. If you were waiting for another month for the sale, why did you go ahead and buy?

I don't usually post much, but the sheer sense of entitlement from a lot of you makes me sick, to be honest.

Bottom line, constructive criticism is important, and Cryptic listens. Whining is pathetic. Grow up.

End of rant.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tsabrock wrote: »
    Yea, that's what irritates me greatly as well. I wasn't expecting the ship sale for at least another month, from my own research and talking to fleet members that have played a lot more than me. Had I known the sale was coming up, I would have waited to buy my Vestas and perhaps ponied-up a little extra RL cash to pick up a second ship.

Now instead my Zen is depleted for the ships I paid full price for, Zen prices have skyrocketed again, and a large chunk of my Dilithium won't be refined until after the sale is done. It's sneaky little things like this that really discourages me from spending RL money on the game.

If you knew the sale was coming up, why couldn't you wait? I mean, some things are worth paying "gimme now" prices, like that KDF ship unlock that gives you Plasmonic Leech for everyone, but it's better to pace yourself if you can.

The entire structure of Free to Play games is designed to reward patience (the First Rule of Cash Shop is: it will always go on sale eventually) and charge for wanting things immediately. Not being willing to wait is going to set you up for recurrent frustration.

We know that there will be two ship sales a year, and the general time that they will be showing up... the longer it's been since the last one, the higher the likelihood of the next one turning up, but you never know precisely when.

And if you're willing to buy now and not wait, make sure it's something awesome. I mean, sure, you paid 1k Zen more than you needed, but so what, you've still got a Vesta pack.

Also: if we knew exactly when it was showing up, you'd get that dil/Zen ratio spike earlier, as patient people converted to Zen in advance, in anticipation of fleecing the impatient. That's why you want a varied date on the ship sale.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are they any "must have" Fed C store consoles. Have the Valdore for the Roms and the Leech for the Kdf.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are they any "must have" Fed C store consoles. Have the Valdore for the Roms and the Leech for the Kdf.

I hear PvPers of Fed Side love the T3 Nebula console, but its only really useful for PvP

Fed can get the Leech, but its really expensive on the exchange
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014

It's not a Console, but the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher from the Assault Cruiser Refit is a very good one, as it allows you to broadside torpedos. And seeing as Quantums are one of the strongest basic torpedos out there...
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seriously?!?!?

I cannot believe you people are complaining about a DISCOUNT.

You pulled the trigger too soon and paid full price the day before a sale? DEAL WITH IT. No business is going to check with you before running a sale. And disappointment is fact of life.

And for the guy complaining that they moved it up a month?

No they didn't. They have sales when they want. Its in the TOS. Read it.

And you apparently not only saved for a ship, but knew a sale was coming, yet you went ahead and blew the money?

Your fault. If you were waiting for another month for the sale, why did you go ahead and buy?

I don't usually post much, but the sheer sense of entitlement from a lot of you makes me sick, to be honest.

Bottom line, constructive criticism is important, and Cryptic listens. Whining is pathetic. Grow up.

End of rant.

...and that's the time to put the mouse down and go for a walk. :)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks guys for the sale. Now its just the decisions on what to buy. I mean, I own a lot of Fed ships already, maybe I should branch out and buy a KDF or RRF ship. But, I don't own any science Fed ships... Hm... Toughie.

Seriously though, thanks. Really appreciate it.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Was debating between the Kar'fi, Mogh or 3 pack Bortas so time to see how my Borties handle. :D

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    ibreakbonesibreakbones Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First I would like to say it was pretty stupid to make yet another Federation ship and nothing for the Romulans or Klingons. The Federation already had 45 ships in the c-store compared to 23 Klingon and around 13 Romulan. Did the Federation NEED another ship?

You are seriously leaving money on the table by not having more ships other factions can buy because everyone do not play Federation. This make no business sense at all and whoever is in charge should be fired and hire someone who actually has a degree in business management.

That being said.

I bought the Bortasqu 3 pack because I have almost all of the other ships and this is all that is left. Incredible ships. I am not sure if they are just remapped Odysseys like the Mogh is just an Avenger with a green wrapping but the Bortasqu is a nice ship.

With the exception of the auto cannon. What a piece of junk. If it was not so pretty I would put something more useful in that slot. They should have made it part of the ship not a console. Other than the useless but rather attractive light show called the auto cannon the ship is really solid.

But what confuses me is that when you read about the ship in the c-store it says that this auto cannon is the most powerful weapon in the KDF fleet. Um no it is not. In fact a regular beam array with beam overload hits harder. It really is for show only. the 3 min cool down makes the show less entertaining.

On the off chance someone who matters (in STO all people matter in life) reads this you need to make some serious changes in the way you do things because you are losing a lot of money. If you made the game more balanced and had a fair amount of ships and firepower you would have more subscribers. Why should I subscribe to such an unbalanced game. I only play KDF. What is in a subscription for me? Nothing.

Also the Federation has more war ship and tactical ships than both the Romulan and Klingon put together and yet they claim to be peaceful explorers? I call hypocrite on that lie. In this game the Federation is far from explorers and rather aggressive conquerors. More ships and better ships with the exception of the Scimitar. KDF has nothing even close to being in the same league as a Scimitar.

So this is a no brainer chill with the Federation ships. They will cry every time another faction gets anything. But they now have 46 ships, they will be ok. Now is time to focus on balancing the game and building ships for the other side. You may want to even make some ships that are NOT remapped Federation ships if you have programmers that are actually willing to work.

Show some effort to earn our money and you will get more subscription and make more sales. This is not rocket science stuff.
  • Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ahhh KDF QQ, my favorite. Ensign, refill my beer and get me some popcorn.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    draogndraogn Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cool sale, though I still won't buy the overpriced dyson bundle. 20% off of absurd is still absurd.
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My sig banner sez it all.
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great sale. Picked up the Atrox and a fleet module for an instant upgrade to Fleet Atrox. :)
    I'm hoping to see a new KDF Raider soon. Thanks!
  • Options
    shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I broke down and picked up the Galaxy bundle.
  • Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    My sig banner sez it all.

Wth is a Veneance class? Or is that the joke? lol
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To me this sale was good. I got the Avenger from it. Looking forward to trying it out next time I get to log on. As I bought it before I logged off.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First I would like to say it was pretty stupid to make yet another Federation ship and nothing for the Romulans or Klingons. The Federation already had 45 ships in the c-store compared to 23 Klingon and around 13 Romulan. Did the Federation NEED another ship?

You are seriously leaving money on the table by not having more ships other factions can buy because everyone do not play Federation. This make no business sense at all and whoever is in charge should be fired and hire someone who actually has a degree in business management.

That being said.

I bought the Bortasqu 3 pack because I have almost all of the other ships and this is all that is left. Incredible ships. I am not sure if they are just remapped Odysseys like the Mogh is just an Avenger with a green wrapping but the Bortasqu is a nice ship.

With the exception of the auto cannon. What a piece of junk. If it was not so pretty I would put something more useful in that slot. They should have made it part of the ship not a console. Other than the useless but rather attractive light show called the auto cannon the ship is really solid.

But what confuses me is that when you read about the ship in the c-store it says that this auto cannon is the most powerful weapon in the KDF fleet. Um no it is not. In fact a regular beam array with beam overload hits harder. It really is for show only. the 3 min cool down makes the show less entertaining.

On the off chance someone who matters (in STO all people matter in life) reads this you need to make some serious changes in the way you do things because you are losing a lot of money. If you made the game more balanced and had a fair amount of ships and firepower you would have more subscribers. Why should I subscribe to such an unbalanced game. I only play KDF. What is in a subscription for me? Nothing.

Also the Federation has more war ship and tactical ships than both the Romulan and Klingon put together and yet they claim to be peaceful explorers? I call hypocrite on that lie. In this game the Federation is far from explorers and rather aggressive conquerors. More ships and better ships with the exception of the Scimitar. KDF has nothing even close to being in the same league as a Scimitar.

So this is a no brainer chill with the Federation ships. They will cry every time another faction gets anything. But they now have 46 ships, they will be ok. Now is time to focus on balancing the game and building ships for the other side. You may want to even make some ships that are NOT remapped Federation ships if you have programmers that are actually willing to work.

Show some effort to earn our money and you will get more subscription and make more sales. This is not rocket science stuff.

Maybe you could wait just a lil bit before ranting and going off a ledge, I'm sure the the KDF will get their version just like the mogh in due time.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That being said.

It isnt stupid at all, in fact the devs have already explained why they do this. Klingon ships dont sell well enough to justify making them. From a business viewpoint it makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    It isnt stupid at all, in fact the devs have already explained why they do this. Klingon ships dont sell well enough to justify making them. From a business viewpoint it makes perfect sense.

I believe that is bull TRIBBLE the only reason they do not sell is because the ones that come out are so butt ugly nobody wants them i.e the Dyson bundle which was the last ship for each faction and i'm glad I didnt waste my money on even the fed version as it was the worst ship I ever flown. Most of the KDF people fly Raider types like Raptors and BOP's If they release something like that or maybe another carrier type vessel then KDF won't buy them because it won't fit there playstyle or they don; think it is appealing.

I for one think KDF need a Scimitar like Vessel but it also it needs new BOP and or Raptor type ships until then my KDF won't be buying any zen to purchase new ship and believe many KDF players may feel the same way.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.