Install Arc
Options

Is this what Star Trek online has become as of season 9

2»

Comments

• Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    having the exact same issues as the OP. ship loadouts, active doffs for different ships keeps getting changed and changed. ability bar each map change its empty and has to be reset manually. this is time consuming as i cant really play stfs anymore as i have to reenter the whle 3 ability bars. the boffs, the active doffs AND the gear.... this takes more time than the 30 seconds at the start offer.

until this is fixed i cant really play the stfs or any endgame content where i have to use the abilities. i hope for a fix myself. as this is a tad bit annoying. and i love the game

unfortunately its not in the list of "known issues2 even if alone in my fleet various people have the same problem.

but for me most of those bugs came again with season 9, before season nine i havent had that much problems with the active doffs. or the boffs being forced out of their seats
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cryptic breaks the game every season. Can't be helped. The only thing we can do is report bugs and wait until they get fixed. Of course by then, another update comes out and everything breaks again.

Welcome to Star Trek Online! :P
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    but for me most of those bugs came again with season 9, before season nine i havent had that much problems with the active doffs. or the boffs being forced out of their seats

You got luck then, i suffered that long before S9. And it was really annoying. Now with S9, it is not annoying, it is just ridiculous and a total game-breaker.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was looking and have not found a thread on it.

Did anyone have/has a problem with the graphics change and new lag?

Once S9 hit, it set me to minimum settings. IE grey blur on brown/black blur background. With more rubberbanding and lockups.

Lock ups so hard that during the Dil weekend I am not bothering to mine dil. I got a score of zero while the timer ran as it would not accept commands from me to turn the dial.

Anyone?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Cryptic breaks the game every season. Can't be helped. The only thing we can do is report bugs and wait until they get fixed. Of course by then, another update comes out and everything breaks again.

Welcome to Star Trek Online! :P
    Yeah, standard fare for MMOs... I remember back when Assassins in Diablo2 were OP because their turrets would get bonuses for +damage charms that the assassin carried in inventory. It was hilarious seeing a FIRE trap chill things. :D (and totally broken)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    I was looking and have not found a thread on it.

Did anyone have/has a problem with the graphics change and new lag?

Once S9 hit, it set me to minimum settings. IE grey blur on brown/black blur background. With more rubberbanding and lockups.

Lock ups so hard that during the Dil weekend I am not bothering to mine dil. I got a score of zero while the timer ran as it would not accept commands from me to turn the dial.

Anyone?
    um... I've not had any severe issues. did you try the /renderscale .5 command?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    vipsssvipsss Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Then uninstall and stop complaining mkay? No one will feel your miss.

This is an open forum if you feel the need to just tell people to stop playing save your post and limited thoughts this is a discussion on the game where it stands. We all know this is not the star trek that it should be or could be this game had life back when Activision and Cryptic were together on then came perfect world with their whole "we only want you guys to play stuff when we want you to play it" attitude just like Neverwinter and everything else they have come up with. The new battlezone took no thought whatsoever and even less programming the Assualt stf is a waste of time as you can accumulate far more marks doing anything else. Not to mention they took away the powers people had through their rep by grinding their TRIBBLE off for years just because people complained of a power gap give me a break if those people wanted to be as strong as the rest of us they should have played for a couple years and then been where they should have been don't punish the people who have played from the start by taking away rep powers and making a balanced trait system. You want the game to be balanced then make everything do the exact same thing already so everyone can just ****ing quit.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vipsss wrote: »
    This is an open forum if you feel the need to just tell people to stop playing save your post and limited thoughts this is a discussion on the game where it stands. We all know this is not the star trek that it should be or could be this game had life back when Activision and Cryptic were together on then came perfect world with their whole "we only want you guys to play stuff when we want you to play it" attitude just like Neverwinter and everything else they have come up with.

The new battlezone took no thought whatsoever and even less programming the Assualt stf is a waste of time as you can accumulate far more marks doing anything else.

Not to mention they took away the powers people had through their rep by grinding their TRIBBLE off for years just because people complained of a power gap give me a break if those people wanted to be as strong as the rest of us they should have played for a couple years and then been where they should have been don't punish the people who have played from the start by taking away rep powers and making a balanced trait system.

You want the game to be balanced then make everything so the exact same thing already so everyone can just ****ing quit.

I could have sworn it was Atari and not Activision.

As to it having life, well there is a reason the game went free to play. If it didn't there would have been no STO to play now.

Changes happen in MMOs. I was there when blizzard changes the talent system from every level to every other level, then to every 15 levels, when they removed skills/spells/abilities and gear types. There was a lot of rage at the idea and even some people with reasonable concerns, but when it came in to effect and we could see it working most of that died down. The reasons given for being against it have been said here for these changes. If they hadn't then power creep would have reached a whole new level in WoW. They are even looking at a number squish in the next expansion as the numbers are getting out of hand on health and damage.
  • Options
    captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rjd66 wrote: »
    I love this game but it has now become unplayable as of season 9...reasons...

1 Every time I move maps my doffs are changed.

2 My ship and ground tray change when I change maps.

3 Exchange is usually slow as hell most of the time.

4 Half the time my macro goes out in the middle of a Stf.

5 The Loadout doesn't keep things as they should be and when I try to load it again its still all wrong.

6 Ship weapons go out in the middle of a Stf

And Im sure there are a few other things I cant think of at the moment...

I always see post with people talking about Nerd Rage and now I understand what it means..Season 9 was pushed out way to fast just to make a quick buck..and Craptic you dam well know this wasn't ready to launch but someone gave the go ahead anyway...For shame on all of you....

You're having issues with the game. I'm sure that's just the end of the world. I won't lie; I'm having some of those problems you've listed. But one thing I won't be doing is resorting to childish namecalling.

"...and Craptic you damn well know..." Really? That's necessary when speaking to a group of developers who you expect to fix your problems? I can only assume this is your first time dealing with customer service.

#firstworldproblems
    This is an open forum if you feel the need to just tell people to stop playing save your post and limited thoughts this is a discussion on the game where it stands. We all know this is not the star trek that it should be or could be this game had life back when Activision and Cryptic were together on then came perfect world with their whole "we only want you guys to play stuff when we want you to play it" attitude just like Neverwinter and everything else they have come up with. The new battlezone took no thought whatsoever and even less programming the Assualt stf is a waste of time as you can accumulate far more marks doing anything else. Not to mention they took away the powers people had through their rep by grinding their TRIBBLE off for years just because people complained of a power gap give me a break if those people wanted to be as strong as the rest of us they should have played for a couple years and then been where they should have been don't punish the people who have played from the start by taking away rep powers and making a balanced trait system. You want the game to be balanced then make everything do the exact same thing already so everyone can just ****ing quit.

Activision was never involved with this game. It was initially developed by Perpetual Entertainment (who shut down), then picked up by Cryptic Studios, and published by Atari (a subsidiary of Infogrames), before the studio was sold to Perfect World.

Perfect World dictates the model on which the game operates, but Cryptic controls the materials developed into the game.

The power imbalance in the game was not the result of long-time players and new level 50s. It was the result of players going through the system and griping that it was ineffective, and that the rewards were not worth the outright WORK that needed to go into it. The response was to either make the rewards easier to acquire, or increasing the benefit awarded. Since obviously the gap was present making new level 50s disadvantaged, it made sense to accelerate and simplify the process by which you can obtain the mentioned rewards. Let's not kid ourselves; this is a video game and the concept of seeing real-world value in the time you sink into this game is silly at best.

Balancing the game in this fashion is designed to allow experienced players to both maintain a high quality of operation with their character and vessel, as well as allowing new players a fighting chance alongside these behemoths (or against them).

In my mind, Star Trek Online hasn't significantly changed on a quality level since the Free-to-Play model was introduced. And even then, I can't be certain that the change to the Free-to-Play system was negative or positive. In fact, the only major change that affected my enjoyment of the game was the improvement to ground combat, WAAAAY long ago.

The issues the OP was talking about are minor inconveniences at best.
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Please tell me again how a rant thread (because this is a rant thread) are even a bit useful. Does the OP expect to be conforted like a 2 years old kid?

As far as I read, he's another frustrated player who can't get anything done in game. And I know many agrees with my initial statement. You're a player, a number, a single individual. Do you really think I care of your problems with the game?

If you don't like it, don't play it.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You're having issues with the game. I'm sure that's just the end of the world. I won't lie; I'm having some of those problems you've listed. But one thing I won't be doing is resorting to childish namecalling.

"...and Craptic you damn well know..." Really? That's necessary when speaking to a group of developers who you expect to fix your problems? I can only assume this is your first time dealing with customer service.

Generally I agree with you. But have you ever called a customer service line with a compliment? Asked to speak to someone's manager to praise that person? I have, and those that get the feedback always have a hangdog expression of here it comes again. Then a look of shock when it isn't a verbal diarrhea about their parentage. So the OP may just be the typical customer.

Perfect World dictates the model on which the game operates, but Cryptic controls the materials developed into the game.

The power imbalance in the game was not the result of long-time players and new level 50s. It was the result of players going through the system and griping that it was ineffective, and that the rewards were not worth the outright WORK that needed to go into it. The response was to either make the rewards easier to acquire, or increasing the benefit awarded. Since obviously the gap was present making new level 50s disadvantaged, it made sense to accelerate and simplify the process by which you can obtain the mentioned rewards. Let's not kid ourselves; this is a video game and the concept of seeing real-world value in the time you sink into this game is silly at best.

Balancing the game in this fashion is designed to allow experienced players to both maintain a high quality of operation with their character and vessel, as well as allowing new players a fighting chance alongside these behemoths (or against them).

Not sure about this since the number of abilities you can have keeps increasing. But the number of slots you have for them is finite. So for those that had/have one character and ran all the reps through lost some of their customization. Add in this comes with 'fixes' to some of those rep passives makes it all seem like a nerf bat. Something they had not done much of and is a driving force of complaints in all MMOs.
    In my mind, Star Trek Online hasn't significantly changed on a quality level since the Free-to-Play model was introduced. And even then, I can't be certain that the change to the Free-to-Play system was negative or positive. In fact, the only major change that affected my enjoyment of the game was the improvement to ground combat, WAAAAY long ago.

Here I think you are flat out wrong. Ship design, character design, even mission writing have all improved since signed up just two years ago. And I will admit I would not have even tried this game under the subscription model. Sorry been burned by too many poor Star Trek titles in the past to do so again. But I tried on FTP and liked it. And while never perfect, it is improving. Slowly, and with growth pains, but improving none the less.
    The issues the OP was talking about are minor inconveniences at best.

Here I think you are half wrong. Go fly into an STF and have your weapons leave your ship. Inconvenience or broken? People will report you for leaving the match and you might not be able to swap your gear back in during it. So that is very valid. And while I am not having these issues, others apparently are. Noting how wide a break is helps find the problem so a fix can be found.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As far as the macros not working right, I only use the ones on my Logitech keyboard/mouse the same brand the company gives away during those live video sessions. seems to work fine, it really saves my Carpal tunnel.
    And honestly if you are having game breaking issues try uninstalling STO and ARC and try again after wiping your pc clean of the old install.
  • Options
    suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2014

5 The Loadout doesn't keep things as they should be and when I try to load it again its still all wrong.

I always see post with people talking about Nerd Rage and now I understand what it means..Season 9 was pushed out way to fast just to make a quick buck..and Craptic you dam well know this wasn't ready to launch but someone gave the go ahead anyway...For shame on all of you....

It use to be worse in this game 3 years ago they have gotten better very few bugs. Everything is work in progress.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590121
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited May 2014

same issues here.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    notapwefan wrote: »
    I have problems with consumables (shield/weapon/engine batteries) in space tray settings.

There was a similar problem with consumables in ground tray settings with LoR was launched. It was fixed after a couple of patches.

No idea why and how this old bug ended up in space tray.

I have a pretty good idea as I've been a real veteran who's played since Beta.

They've needed a stronger bug team for quite some time now. I don't even login for the events on these patch days anylong unless it's to get something free from the store because I've learned that every patch day with these people is going to be so riddled with bugs it's just too frustrating to even deal with.

So I play other games on those weeks after the newest patch. It's fine that most games have bugs but there is just something slow about this team they have. I am STILL experiencing the box/texture bug from Seasons 8.5 STILL to this day because of their slowness and I've done everything everyone has suggested in these forums, community moderator or not and in the support forums the thing STILL happens. sigh smh... and my rig is no slouch I play all games on ultra never any issue but this one.

They seriously need someone else in charge over there or something to get things rolling.
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I haven't had the resetting issues you've had since S9 launched, the only thing I know of, and I'm pretty sure it's been around for about a year is that I have to slam keys over and over to get them to use the abilities they are slotted to. It kinda cuts into your ability to play the game to it's fullest when you hit a key a few times in an emergency, and then it still doesn't trigger, or when your trying to cap your dps during some fight, and your dps abilities don't go off when your hitting them over and over again. I notice it more now I would say though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    rjd66rjd66 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well Im going to admit I wrote this post at a time when the bugs I was talking about just had me mad as hell...Its good to have positive and negative feedback on any topic...Thanks to everyone for all the feedback and lets all hope that they take the time to get these (maybe small..maybe not) problems fixed as soon as possible...Well see you all in game...
  • Options
    tookietwotookietwo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please tell me again how a rant thread (because this is a rant thread) are even a bit useful. Does the OP expect to be conforted like a 2 years old kid?

As far as I read, he's another frustrated player who can't get anything done in game. And I know many agrees with my initial statement. You're a player, a number, a single individual. Do you really think I care of your problems with the game?

If you don't like it, don't play it.

FWIW nobody cares what your problem is here either. Apparently there is one. If you don't like the thread don't read or post in it. Problem solved.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I haven't had the resetting issues you've had since S9 launched, the only thing I know of, and I'm pretty sure it's been around for about a year is that I have to slam keys over and over to get them to use the abilities they are slotted to. It kinda cuts into your ability to play the game to it's fullest when you hit a key a few times in an emergency, and then it still doesn't trigger, or when your trying to cap your dps during some fight, and your dps abilities don't go off when your hitting them over and over again. I notice it more now I would say though.
    I think it's a lag thing. you click the button, but the game doesn't notice immediately.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Haven't been having any of these problems. Once in a while my saucer step console gets removed, but that's it. I wonder if there's a difference between the download version and the disc.
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The only problem I have ever noticed since S9 launched is sometimes the visuals of my weapons just stop. Just the visuals, the weapons still cycle, and checking the logs are still doing damage-but the visuals are not present. This only seems to affect beams and cannons, not torps/mines.

Have noticed this on ISE, CSE, , CCE, and in the Undine Battlezone. It's not lag cause everything else is working smoothly. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2014
    nathrael wrote: »
    The only problem I have ever noticed since S9 launched is sometimes the visuals of my weapons just stop. Just the visuals, the weapons still cycle, and checking the logs are still doing damage-but the visuals are not present. This only seems to affect beams and cannons, not torps/mines.

Have noticed this on ISE, CSE, , CCE, and in the Undine Battlezone. It's not lag cause everything else is working smoothly. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes! Or a delay...I choose a target, the firing animations come up about a half to a full second later. I have my weapons usually set to auto fire as well.

Also, I have impulse toggling issues, and premature red alerts; I activate certain tray abilities and it automatically reacts as though I'm in battle, even though I'm well out of range. Therefore, my full impulse is disabled, meaning I have to EM my way up or just crawl up.

Maddening! :mad:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill