Cats make the world a better place :3

catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Ten Forward
Post edited by catstarsto on

Comments

• Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2014
    The inmate story is a good one, though I think the writer might be stretching it a bit by suggesting it provides valuable work skills once prison is behind the inmate. Unless they mean as cat groomers at Petco.

I've allergies to cats, and that severely limits my interaction. So I grew up as a dog person. Most interesting job I ever held was as a driver of puppies from the humane societies of Southern states to the North Shore Animal League in Port Washington on Long Island, New York. We had a pool of drivers going in pairs taking 60 puppies per trip, one to two teams per day. It was a win for everyone. We had a paying job, New Yorkers got a puppy (at the time there were mandatory neutering laws necessitating our business), the South dealt with its overpopulation issues, and the puppies got to live.

As a dog person, I'd love to see a similar program to that Cuddly Catz prison program for "death row" dogs.
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    catstarsto wrote: »

If only my cat warned me that I had the flu before I went through a week of diarrhea.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Animals period can make the world a better place.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Animals period can make the world a better place.

Just a small fix. ;) Animals make the world a better place. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So sayth the fuzzball in my lap.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cats are the work of the Devil!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited May 2014
    "Most of humanity is descended from apes. Except redheads, who are descended from cats."
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Cats are the work of the Devil!

They arent evil, their powers are just misunderstood.
  • Options
    bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Na... i don't think so, watch this video, :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03-1tAecIR4
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    bladewolf5 wrote: »

Basically you can easily compare dogs to human men and cats to human women then? Men have been domesticated, women have...the arrival of Takofanes every so often (thank you for those who got that)

...but then there is this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU417HvFGXo just like dogs and people, each of them have their own personality, magnified by their environment and upbringing. My cat Hazard hates eveyone expect for me, and always wants to be close and involved in what im doing around the farm. he was an abondoned and run over stray kitten that was possible wild or abused, i gave him a 2nd chance and have a buddy for life.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I know there are cat haters out there, so here is a very special video for you. =^.^=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntDIkI8mCc
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ironcally cats were killed by the millions supposedly during the black death and rats flourished and disease became even more rampant.

anyways, i have a cat. shes constantly on the lookout for my hand so she can headbutt had stroke herself on the hand while standing on her rear legs to do it. meows at me if she wants something badly enough and on the look out for ham to eat. ravenous little creature and utterly predictable.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cats are, like most creatures, a mixed bag. They are fully capable be cute, cuddly, and caring. It's not an act, either. They can also be violent and cruel: just ask the dead but uneaten lizards and birds which we frequently find around our house, victims of our family's cats. Come on kitties, do you really have to kill all this stuff when we give you as much food as you want?

People like to say that humans are the only creatures that kill for sport, but that doesn't seem to be true.

Sigh.

I don't hate my cats for it. I crawled on the floor with them when they were newborns. I just kinda wish they were less destructive...

Sorry, Catstar. This is probably angstier than the sort of stuff you wanted.

TL;DR: This video.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Cats are, like most creatures, a mixed bag. They are fully capable be cute, cuddly, and caring. It's not an act, either. They can also be violent and cruel: just ask the dead but uneaten lizards and birds which we frequently find around our house, victims of our family's cats. Come on kitties, do you really have to kill all this stuff when we give you as much food as you want?

People like to say that humans are the only creatures that kill for sport, but that doesn't seem to be true.

Sigh.

I don't hate my cats for it. I crawled on the floor with them when they were newborns. I just kinda wish they were less destructive...

Sorry, Catstar. This is probably angstier than the sort of stuff you wanted.

TL;DR: This video.

lol its fine, cats still have some wild in them, its just their nature to hunt, its not that they are evil for killing prey anymore then an eagle grabbing a small dog or fish to feed itself or its young. (Dr Grant: "the T-rex doesnt want to be fed, he only knows to hunt.) As for lissue of it leaving the dead animal for u to find, thats its instinct to feed u as it perceives you havent the means to provide for yourself so it brings you food. its funny but its an animals nature to bond and look after the ones they attach themselves to. Also just like a dog cant resist chasing a small animal to grab and crunch it, thats still the old wolf hunting instinct, they dont know to eat it as they have been domesticated and just know they have to catch it. cats are yet wild enough to know to eat what they catch or share it. The less tamed the more destructive, best proof, bring a raccoon indoors, tamed or not you will soon learn the meaning of SNAFU with one of those around XD
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I know all that instinct stuff. Doesn't really make it a good thing, though.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Basically you can easily compare dogs to human men and cats to human women then? Men have been domesticated, women have...the arrival of Takofanes every so often (thank you for those who got that)

Your not funny! I am so going to clobber you for that!!
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I want a cat.

Any recommendations for breed?

(Obviously not a lion :( ).
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    I want a cat.

Get an orange tabby.
  • Options
    kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm a dog person it saddens me everyone is cruel to dogs and don't show dogs the love they deserve.

Reasons why dogs are better then cats.

http://www.animals-zone.com/10-reasons-why-dogs-are-better-than-cats
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »
    I'm a dog person it saddens me everyone is cruel to dogs and don't show dogs the love they deserve.

Reasons why dogs are better then cats.

http://www.animals-zone.com/10-reasons-why-dogs-are-better-than-cats

Dogs also......eat pieces of TRIBBLE, their barf, lick butts and then lick you, bark and drive the neighbors insane, and are annoying.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I want a cat.

the ones living in my shed.... I need to get rid of them eventually anyways. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    l As for issue of it leaving the dead animal for u to find, thats its instinct to feed u as it perceives you havent the means to provide for yourself so it brings you food. its funny but its an animals nature to bond and look after the ones they attach themselves to.

Pretty much. When a cat brings you a dead animal, in the cat's mind he's bringing you food. It's not really the cat's fault that you don't like to eat the same things that he does--to him, bringing home a bird he has killed is equivalent to your roommate bringing home a bucket of fried chicken. It's his way of saying that he wants to share what he has with you.
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2014
    I want a cat.

Sphynx!

(Sorry, allergy issues again. :o )
    ironcally cats were killed by the millions supposedly during the black death and rats flourished and disease became even more rampant.

Should have bred more terriers. :D
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bladewolf5 wrote: »

Before my wife and I were married, she had a female Siamese cat as a pet. I spent a lot of time at her place, and her cat adopted ME.

I'd call this cat and it would come running, like a dog from the other room, it was hilarious.

Whenever I would sit on the couch, or on the bed, the cat would sit on MY lap purring away.

It amused the hell out of my wife, she started calling it MY cat, which was kinda funny, as I am strictly a dog man myself.

The cat was so enamored with me, that we used to have to lock the cat out of the bedroom when we were going to have relations......because the cat would be......bothersome :eek:

Like I said, I'm a dog man, but in the end, I became quite fond of that cat, she wore me down. :o

Sadly, it got very sick and died right after we got married.

I have never met a cat that acted like that cat did. All of the other cats that I've encountered, act very aloof, and ignore you..you know, ..cat-like.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cats will eat your corpse before it's even cold.

Dogs will starve themselves and use every last bit of strength they have to bite the hand of someone who tries to move their owner's body.

The common housecat's closest living relative is the mountain lion. The same mountain lion who readily and regularly attacks hikers and campers. There is nothing you can do about them except fight back with every last breath you draw until it runs away, you're dead, or it's dead.

The housecat was bred, and evolved to trade its size and lethality for cuteness, which became a survival mechanism. Kittens are cute because the cutest babies and animals were desired by humans to keep. Thus they were the ones able to pass on their genes.

Housecats evolved to manipulate their owners through various acts, as the means to an end. Humans are tools to be used by the cat for affection and food.

But do not be mistaken, if the situations were reversed and the cat was the size of a human, and you were the size of a housecat? There would be no question that you would be seen as food, not a loving companion.

Dogs on the other hand, have a close relative in the wolf -- who will readily avoid humans, particularly those who have dogs with them.
    ExtxpTp.jpg