test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so i noticed this gun today at ESD

imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
the black one in the top. anyone ever seen that one before? it's either a a new model, or it's just bashed togeather. the stock looks like the Omega Carbine, and the main body looks kinda romulan

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d68241vum7hmpg/2014-05-03_00002.jpg
Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
Post edited by imadude3 on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Never seen it before, looks like a new model. Looks very close to an Enterprise MACO Rifle.
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Never seen it before, looks like a new model. Looks very close to an Enterprise MACO Rifle.

i thought so too, just a tad too big
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Unfortunately, good skins are made for walls. Players are stuck with anime weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd be tempted to use that or the mid shelf one if they were full autos
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited May 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I'd be tempted to use that or the mid shelf one if they were full autos

same, i like the black one
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is the MACO assault rifle from Enterprise. Sadly, it does not exist as a functional weapon yet.
    Perhaps one day they'll release it alongside the MACO outfit that's in the files somewhere.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
    edited May 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »
    It is the MACO assault rifle from Enterprise. Sadly, it does not exist as a functional weapon yet.
    Perhaps one day they'll release it alongside the MACO outfit that's in the files somewhere.

:looks up google: my god... O_O GIMME GIMME GIMME! but please scale it down abit, seriously, it's HUGE in-game
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    if thats a maco rifle then i need to have my eyes examined. the maco rifle you see from enterprise is a completely different shape from the generic design seen here. this design on STO will need to be deleted and started from scratch. just make sure the maco rifle has the ability to have an extendible and retractable scope and muzzle for sniper mode.

all the maco rifles seen so far show its a fully a manual fire weapon, but knowing sto logic, there will be pulsewaves and auto rifles if it can be helped.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    if thats a maco rifle then i need to have my eyes examined. the maco rifle you see from enterprise is a completely different shape from the generic design seen here. this design on STO will need to be deleted and started from scratch. just make sure the maco rifle has the ability to have an extendible and retractable scope and muzzle for sniper mode.

all the maco rifles seen so far show its a fully a manual fire weapon, but knowing sto logic, there will be pulsewaves and auto rifles if it can be helped.

Nope. It's the MACO rifle alright. There's an entire MACO costume that's been sitting in the code for almost a year.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nope. It's the MACO rifle alright. There's an entire MACO costume that's been sitting in the code for almost a year.

^ what centersolace said, this is teasing us just a bit. Give us the enterprise MACO gear an uniform, please, we would pay for it! Huh, huh!!!!!!!!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2014

from op link: that... that is the weapon they created for players to use? lol. i know its not funny, but seriously! :P.

well theres a whole list of issues that need to be addressed if thats its final version.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • andihraveyandihravey Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    its a Phaser Rifle from the Enterprise series. Originally used only by the macos, after series 3 and the Xindi story line was used by normal star fleet personnel.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Yes... Cryptic be teasing us with that. Been drooling over the display model since I first noticed it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    imadude3 wrote: »
    :looks up google: my god... O_O GIMME GIMME GIMME! but please scale it down abit, seriously, it's HUGE in-game

It's huge because it's the big game model. Perfect for those safaris in Fluidic Space to bag a few Undine. :P:D

I'm also curious about the phaser rifle-like weapon with the orange holographic doohickie at the end of the barrel. Normally, they are blue in color. It looks almost like a TR-116A.
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i noticed a while a go a weapon that looks like vulcan lirpa but didnt had the curved blade on the bottom ... and i havent been able to find it when searching on google or on the sto wiki.. anyy help will be appriciated
  • tucker84tucker84 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    carter60 wrote: »
    i noticed a while a go a weapon that looks like vulcan lirpa but didnt had the curved blade on the bottom ... and i havent been able to find it when searching on google or on the sto wiki.. anyy help will be appriciated

Maybe this? http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/Kostamojen/jeditrek.jpg
    It is a nanopulse lirpa. When it is turned off, it doesn't have a curved blade on the bottom.

You can get it (there is bat'leth version available as well) during the Winter Event, from Q's Winter Wonderland. It comes with a different color every year (2011: blue, 2012: purple, 2013: green).
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    from op link: that... that is the weapon they created for players to use? lol. i know its not funny, but seriously! :P.

well theres a whole list of issues that need to be addressed if thats its final version.

I doubt it's the final version. It looks like it's missing a lot of textures. The model is correct though. (if a tad large)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did anybody notice that the gun in question features a slot for your old tapes? This gun ROCKS, man! :cool:
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, Enterprise Maco!!!!!!!!!

P.S. This rifle is a "man rifle"

when used you'll get an ego bonus :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wonder if the game will start concentrating on Enterprise soon. We've had TOS related stories (The time travel storyline may be my favourite episode of STO tbh. kind of sad we'll never get a game with those aesthetics), TNG related stories, DS9 and the past few episodes have been Voyager related.

I didn't hate Enterprise as much as a lot of people did (ALAS, it was my first, but I still look on it fondly), so I would like to have it brought up. There was never an answer to the temporal cold war, if I recall correctly, so maybe that could have an episode.
    edited May 2014
    emarosa26 wrote: »
    I wonder if the game will start concentrating on Enterprise soon. We've had TOS related stories (The time travel storyline may be my favourite episode of STO tbh. kind of sad we'll never get a game with those aesthetics), TNG related stories, DS9 and the past few episodes have been Voyager related.

I didn't hate Enterprise as much as a lot of people did (ALAS, it was my first, but I still look on it fondly), so I would like to have it brought up. There was never an answer to the temporal cold war, if I recall correctly, so maybe that could have an episode.

if they do add it, it seems fitting that they add the same sniper function as the Dyson rifle
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe that rifle is the new undine rep ground weapon, though its missing a few of the glowy stuff that goes with the weapon. I seen a picture of the rifle from the rep and it looks pretty identical to the one on display. Though I could be wrong as I don't have the rifle yet, but soon :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tucker84 wrote: »
    Maybe this? http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/Kostamojen/jeditrek.jpg
    It is a nanopulse lirpa. When it is turned off, it doesn't have a curved blade on the bottom.

You can get it (there is bat'leth version available as well) during the Winter Event, from Q's Winter Wonderland. It comes with a different color every year (2011: blue, 2012: purple, 2013: green).

that was it thanks
    edited May 2014
    I believe that rifle is the new undine rep ground weapon, though its missing a few of the glowy stuff that goes with the weapon. I seen a picture of the rifle from the rep and it looks pretty identical to the one on display. Though I could be wrong as I don't have the rifle yet, but soon :P

can you post a link? im very curious as to what the Undine ground weapon looks like
    edited May 2014
    nevermind, found some guy on Risa waving it around
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is Admiral Quinn's paintball gun.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    notapwefan wrote: »

HA! that one made me crack up!
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    notapwefan wrote: »

What! He cancelled our match the other week because " Lost my gun moving my stuff to the new office, sorry but maybe next month? ", that son of a b.....
    edited May 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    What! He cancelled our match the other week because " Lost my gun moving my stuff to the new office, sorry but maybe next month? ", that son of a b.....

hey, don't be mad at him! obviously the requisitions lady stole it!
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    emarosa26 wrote: »

Hmm, they did give that Xindi ambassador an awful lot of dialogue in the latest FE, didn't they...?