test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan battlecloaks should have a 2 minute CD

magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Because then you can properly time it with auxiliary batteries to counteract the -40 in subsystems power you have.

Also, it lines up better with all the clicky clicky consoles you have to use.

Anyways, just throwing it out there...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No, just no.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wouldn't that defeat the whole point of the battlecloak?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    No, just no.

But imagine not being compelled to switch round your consoles every time you cloak? Or buy expensive quartermasters to reduce auxiliary battery CD's? :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    quintaris wrote: »
    Wouldn't that defeat the whole point of the battlecloak?

Not really, it would make it better, because quality > quantity.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Obligatory popcorn quote
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No, there are many things I wish to remove from the romulans, proper battle cloaks are not one of them
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    2min is a bit exaggerated but I do believe a longer cool down, say ~18 sec would actually make more sense. All cloak standard cool down would be 25 seconds?

Like a global cooldown, shared between all the cloakers on the same team? Because that was my second idea.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Like a global cooldown, shared between all the cloakers on the same team? Because that was my second idea.
    super-rare cloak must open trade window to pass it around?
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Battle cloak is fine as it is.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2014
    Because then you can properly time it with auxiliary batteries to counteract the -40 in subsystems power you have.

no all cloaks not just romulan and battlecloaks too ..and not 2 minutes...3 minutes
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Battle cloak is fine till your against a team that just sits there cloaked. Been there done that, no fun sitting around waiting for chickens to show themselves.:mad:

If you find yourself in that situation in PVP just leave.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I usually point out that at an equivalent Aux/skill/gear(otherwise) level that a Warbird cloak is only +55 Stealth Value compared to a non-Warbird cloak...and...that at 100 Singularity Charge/Tier 5, that the Warbird is eating a -400 Stealth Value debuff; but the OP has pointed out a flaw in that. I completely did not take into account that the Warbird starts with Base40 Aux instead of Base50 Aux, and therefore has a base Stealth Value that is -10 compared to the non-Warbird. Warbird cloaks are definitely in need of a buff as the OP suggests...though not being able to be decloaked by an outside party for 2 minutes seems a bit extreme. edit: Wait, I think I read what was being said wrong...hrmm.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

no all cloaks not just romulan and battlecloaks too ..and not 2 minutes...3 minutes

I like this idea, what if we made it so all romulan ships had +50% to CD duration of all batteries so that they lined up with the cloak better?
  • Options
    nassirisnassiris Member Posts: 111
    edited May 2014
    No need to fix what's not broken.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    nassiris wrote: »
    No need to fix what's not broken.

What's more broken than a team of invisible ships not being completely immune to detection? Cloaked ships deserved to remain undetectable and uninterferible. Otherwise, what's the point of cloaking at all?
  • Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    maybe put a limit on boff cool down reduction stacking? but otherwise no it's battlecloak 2 minuets is just silly for it
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Romulan battlecloaks need the same timer as Klingon battlecloaks.

Only the Rom captain trait should provide any reduction in cooldown. So remove the bonus from the boffs as well.

~11 seconds is silly as **** as a cloak timer. It makes sloppy approaches possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited May 2014
    They removed placate but I havent noticed any effect in game.First I thought I dont have enough points in sensors then I realized that was how it was all the time...everyone is now playing romulans so shet hits the fan = cloak.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I'm sorry but shadowing in another rant topic (because this is a RANT topic) after the "Death" one doesn't help cover your lack of... I'd say intelligence but it's not enough.

Fact#10 - cloak is disrupted by many AoE science attacks.
    - oh dear, if only you had other advantages to deal with the fact your inaite ability might be countered... sometimes... if your a terrible pilot... if only...

Just say you can't dogfight even with a Miranda and it's fine, mkay?
  • Options
    wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited May 2014
    super-rare cloak must open trade window to pass it around?

But you need to be out of combat. :eek:
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    snoge00f wrote: »
    ~11 seconds is silly as **** as a cloak timer. It makes sloppy approaches possible.

It helps distinguish the Spacebar Warriors from the folks that know what they're doing though...in dealing with the cloakers. It requires more situational awareness - faster reflexes - instead of just resting on the spacebar while hoping for some random proc to do the job.

There are folks that absolutely shred cloakers, there are folks that come close to shredding cloakers, there are folks that persuade cloakers to do something else, etc, etc, etc...and there are the folks that are oblivious that they even got some spacebar addled FAW shots off at them.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Honestly, base Romulan BC is fine to me despite everything. It's really their BOFFs that make it insane.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I must agree in extending the cooldown time to all battle cloaks.

A good set time is 45sec.

Unfortunately many players are abusing battle cloak (myself included).

The Romulan Faction is the worst offenders in this (me included).

A good portion of player are taking the easy way out by doing the BoP setup, meaning the Damage Bust and power escape.

This set up is only good for one shot, hit or miss, the player MUST run do to the fact that it has little to no Boff defenses to say in a long fight.

This becomes an issue because the Romulan ships have more hull and shield hit points so they have an easier time going into cloak compared to the BoP.

I hate to say it because I am a BIG fan and user of the quick in and out attack cloak and wait for my cooldowns to reset in the safety of my cloak and do it again.

So please help us become fighters and not runners.

45 sec Battle Cloak please
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jrq2 wrote: »

A good portion of player are taking the easy way out by doing the BoP setup, meaning the Damage Bust and power escape.

This set up is only good for one shot, hit or miss, the player MUST run do to the fact that it has little to no Boff defenses to say in a long fight.

This becomes an issue because the Romulan ships have more hull and shield hit points so they have an easier time going into cloak compared to the BoP.

I hate to say it because I am a BIG fan and user of the quick in and out attack cloak and wait for my cooldowns to reset in the safety of my cloak and do it again.

Then fly a Boxscort without a cloak. Or build not to run - there are plenty of folks that do not build to run - they run their BCs like they're running a standard Cloak. They get their initial decloak in and then they go at it (cause like you said, basically the Warbirds are Raptors/Battle Cruisers with Battle Cloaks).

A 45s Battle Cloak would kill KDF Raiders. A 0.88 Shield Mod at the Fleet level...is not a boat meant for sticking around in a fight.

Besides, with all the junk available otherwise...

Quantum Singularity Manipulation
    Fluidic Phase Decoupler
    Alpha Deception Field
    Etc, etc, etc...

The AtB/AtD non-cloakers that run away even faster than the guy in the Warbird can recloak...

...changing the re-BC duration wouldn't stop runners from running.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It helps distinguish the Spacebar Warriors from the folks that know what they're doing though...in dealing with the cloakers. It requires more situational awareness - faster reflexes - instead of just resting on the spacebar while hoping for some random proc to do the job.

There are folks that absolutely shred cloakers, there are folks that come close to shredding cloakers, there are folks that persuade cloakers to do something else, etc, etc, etc...and there are the folks that are oblivious that they even got some spacebar addled FAW shots off at them.

I'm more thinking about how silly it is that the Roms have yet another advantage on the KDF cloakers. As if the CC and better ships weren't enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    snoge00f wrote: »
    I'm more thinking about how silly it is that the Roms have yet another advantage on the KDF cloakers. As if the CC and better ships weren't enough.

Just can't see Cryptic nerfing/tweaking/balancing their precious Romulans. Course, I have 100% faith in Cryptic that their next playable fraction will have the Romulan players crying that they need a buff because of the new group. Cryptic could put out a Pakled fraction and leave the Romulans feeling like everybody else does now. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jrq2 wrote: »

So using cloak capable ships the way they were meant to be used, ships that were entirely designed around it, is abusing it?
    Love your logic. :rolleyes:

Vast majority of Star Trek space combat games don't even have a cooldown on their cloaks, period.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why the huge need to time them based on auxpwr? Simply switch your freaking subsystem power to aux when cloaking.

If it isn't high enough get a doff to help boost auxpwr when cloaked, and make sure your sing power is a 0.

Put points in stealth, and use gear related to stealth bonuses.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!