Options

A B'rel question

13»

Comments

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    robyvision wrote: »
    Fleet HoH'SuS is the best 4 tac consoles + battlecloak .

Agreed, if it only didn't look so fugly. As it happens, that is a big thing in ship's appeal to me. Honestly, I know many people that enjoy them, but I just couldn't look at the Hoh'sus during my playtime and have fun. Just looks all kinds of wrong to me.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Agreed, if it only didn't look so fugly. As it happens, that is a big thing in ship's appeal to me. Honestly, I know many people that enjoy them, but I just couldn't look at the Hoh'sus during my playtime and have fun. Just looks all kinds of wrong to me.

Agreed on all counts.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I consider the Fleet Norgh to be superior than the Fleet Hoh'Sus, but that maybe just me. 12 Universal BOFF stations when every other endgame BOP, to include the B'Rel, have only 11. It's one skill only, yes, but it's a LtCdr level skill and this alone grants so much more build freedom.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It is true. That extra LtC spot gives more flexibility than it appears, and done right, will put more actual applied dps on a target than the 4th Tac console.
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited May 2014
    The Fleet Norgh just feels odd due to that BOFF layout.

The Fleet Hoh'sus makes more practical sense as it is just an extension of the Hegh'ta with an extra Tac console. It unfortunately hit every branch of the ugly tree when it fell out of the nest.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kolbrandr wrote: »
    If you are getting more damage out of transphasic mines than the nukara web mines, something is seriously wrong. Maxed aux + buffs and pattern 3 will oneshot a tac cube with nukara mines.

I slot nukara and transphasics in my rear slots, and the transphasics are basically and afterthought compared to the web mines.

Sorry for the delay, I actually forgot I posted the question about the web mines. I ran the test on my A2B setup, so not having lots of aux power must have been the difference.
    I'll have to reconfigure and stop using APO to make roon for DPB3 and 2, but it might be the better thing anyway since my other B'Rel toon doesn't have technicians and it has forced me to run a build without A2B that is a pretty sold build for me right now. The non-A2B setup was originally an all torp setup, but I've recently gone to mines and am liking the results. I still am leveling up the rep on that toon, so it'll take a while to get the resources for the web mines, but it could make a big difference.
    One potential issue I have noticed is that I only see one thing snared in a web mine, even if I grav well several things before dropping the mines in the middle of the group. As far as engaging a tac cube, that might be handy to drop more than 10-15 percent health in an attack pass of mines and torpedoes, real handy if it works.
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got web mines last night, plopped it in place of a transphasic mine, and ran ISE and Crystal Elite with them last night. The base aux power is at 85, but buffed to 91 before using an aux battery. I have to say, that with running with DPB2 & DPB3, coupled with consistently high aux power, my overall DPS went down around 1k DPS. Since my normal strategy is to grav well several items and then shoot a cluster mine and drop mines in close proximity to the group, that the web mine may have only affected one target very well, but affected the other grav welled targets less than regular mines had been previously. It may come down to snaring a single, big, target to see the advantage of web mines, which was my original thoughts to begin with.
    Any advice on the tactics to using web mines with clustermines? Thanks.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Fleet Norgh just feels odd due to that BOFF layout.

The Fleet Hoh'sus makes more practical sense as it is just an extension of the Hegh'ta with an extra Tac console. It unfortunately hit every branch of the ugly tree when it fell out of the nest.

Not sure how it's odd to have 12 BOFF stations instead of 11 as other BOPs do. That screams more power in build options. More than enough times while cramming a BOP build together have I wished to have just 1 more BOFF slot. LtCdr BOFF skills, whatever discipline you choose, are of significant usefulness.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited May 2014
    Not sure how it's odd to have 12 BOFF stations instead of 11 as other BOPs do. That screams more power in build options. More than enough times while cramming a BOP build together have I wished to have just 1 more BOFF slot. LtCdr BOFF skills, whatever discipline you choose, are of significant usefulness.

It feels like a third hand. Useful, yes, but the B'rel is my main thing, and having the extra Lt. Commander slot is certainly nice... but it's just odd for me. It's an embarrassment of riches.

Figuring out how I'm supposed to roll with it is just different than my Hoh'sus. I don't think I'm optimizing the Norgh very well by just using my Hoh'sus setup with an extra Lt.Com.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ryakidrys wrote: »
    I got web mines last night, plopped it in place of a transphasic mine, and ran ISE and Crystal Elite with them last night. The base aux power is at 85, but buffed to 91 before using an aux battery. I have to say, that with running with DPB2 & DPB3, coupled with consistently high aux power, my overall DPS went down around 1k DPS. Since my normal strategy is to grav well several items and then shoot a cluster mine and drop mines in close proximity to the group, that the web mine may have only affected one target very well, but affected the other grav welled targets less than regular mines had been previously. It may come down to snaring a single, big, target to see the advantage of web mines, which was my original thoughts to begin with.
    Any advice on the tactics to using web mines with clustermines? Thanks.

Yes, web mines are for the big targets. Clusters and phasics for everything else. You will of course do more dps (1k...pfft) without the web mines because you are applying less damage, but against several targets. Using the webs on big targets (and basically one-shotting them) ends the mission much faster though, because your dps takes a big dip when you're stuck battering away at one tough target.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    OK, so don't laugh now - I'm being kinda' serious with this question:

Should I get the Threat Analysis Matrix lobi console for that redundant 4-th engineering console slot on my B'rel while it's on sale, or am I waaay off?

And also I'd apreciate if anyone possibly has any suggestions and recommendations about any other lobi console that could prove useful for my B'rel.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    OK, so don't laugh now - I'm being kinda' serious with this question:

Should I get the Threat Analysis Matrix lobi console for that redundant 4-th engineering console slot on my B'rel while it's on sale, or am I waaay off?

And also I'd apreciate if anyone possibly has any suggestions and recommendations about any other lobi console that could prove useful for my B'rel.

Not laughing here, but how would you justify using the lobi to buy that? The Kinetic resistance is meh, the defense is meh. Unless you're going for the sniper shot - which, so I've heard, is terri-bad - I wouldn't spend anything on it.

I'm interested in knowing what you have on your B'rel now? The Tachyokinetic and Elachi console are much better bang for the (lobi) buck.

Oh, and what kind of B'rel are you running? I was le lazy and didnt want to crawl through 8 pages to find out.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The benefits of the Tachyokinetic (crit chance and severity) and the Rule 62 (higher torp damage) are obvious.

The Elachi Bioneural Circuits give a lot of crit severity. Does this make it a worthwhile enough investment for a Torp B'rel? Particularly a transphasic specific build?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Actually, I've stopped slotting the Rule 62 console. It's damage bonus is a base damage boost. Check your torpedo damage with and without it. It's not going to be much of a difference.

And on the Elachi console: I'm a CritH/CritD *****. Especially with the Dyson set, you can push you Photons to sexy numbers, CritD/H wise.

-

By the way, Sphocks, have you considered stuff like an Aceton Assimilator - a 45 second point defense system against enemy targetable torpedo's and mines - or the Black Poo console? I've found that one to be very useful in helping to land the Nukara Mines after a subnuke and snare. Maybe grab the Dyson 3 pc - Beam, console, torpedo - and get added Photon damage, CritD and CritH? There's so many options out there, I'd have to know what you're running right now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, it's a fresh character I have started a while after I started this thread. So none of the fancy mumbo-jumbo yet, working on Omega Rep for now and still haven't begun setting a viable PvP build since I just started doing reps., so PvE with energy weapons for now basically.

I have an Aegis set (cause I have many other chars that are maxed out crafters), 3xPurple Mk XII Disruptor Induction Coils, I pull in & out different basic purple sci.consoles based on the Boff layout I pick at a time, and I have 2X fleet neutroniums + the leach in engineering. So I thought getting something lobi for that 4-th engi.slot since they're on sale and was just wondering what would benefit me the most.
    Mind you, I do intend to turn one loadout of the ship into a full on torpedo boat to utilize the EBC once I finish the FEs and grind sufficient reps.

I know about the AA console being useful on a B'rel, but that ship is next on my list to get and I don't have it yet.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, I think the Tachyo console would suit you best, then. However, you're going to have to keep in mind you will be slowly adding universal consoles from the reputations too. Will you have room for everything you want?

The way I generally plan my builds is start with the bare necessities, and then make a list of uni consoles that would benefit the build, and I mean both the C-Store and the Reputation uni consoles, btw. If I'm running low on console slots, scrap the stuff that's inferior to something else.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm pretty sure you will be adding the Assimilated Module with the Kinetic Cutting Beam, if you're doing an energy weapon build. Also, where would you - if you're going to use it - place the Proton Stabilizer from the Dyson set, if you want that nifty crit bonus? What about the 2pc Undine, for 7.5% boost to Disruptor (None base, so actually useful!)