test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just generally upset with Season 9

2»

Comments

• wdammwdamm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm done spending money . I buy stuff to make my ship more powerful I had a goal tobeat the nowin was able to get to wave ten now can't get pass 7 ,everytime I get closer to me goal they nerf stuff and push me back was able to do 19k dps now I do 10k wtf all my toons lost dps now I die all the time in game why should I spend anymore money or time buy the next new thing to get it nerf next season I feel like the devs are saying fu k. You pay me. I'm done and I will prob stop play to
    The devs need to send a letter to everyone that has spent.
    say sorry and give them a rereason to play
    edited April 2014
    They did the same thing back with the borg maco set before the rep system they want you to pay for stuff and take it away so that you came repay for it later to get it back it sick
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    just imo last 2 season have been fails
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited April 2014
    Being a fleet leader cost a lot of money I'm not going to pay for provision for fleet members any more the fleet leader should be able to stand above any member for how much money they spend and now that eveything is all mess up I can't. Even stay alive in a pve and my dps is cut in half. I'm feel like telling all the fleet member to find a new fleet to leach off of I'm done paying money
  • robobigtimerobobigtime Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All s9 did for me was get me to close my wallet and play way less than I was.

You know the trait system fix was needed, but it was too much.
    The cap should be the max for everything up to s8.5. You don't shaft vet players and new players have something to work at and you have game balance.

There is no point to rep now. IMOP
  • tigerblade99tigerblade99 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also a lot of you keep saying stuff that makes the me sound like I want them to cater to me and I dont but I wish we as the playing community sometimes had more input into these things though. Like when they did the contest for the odyssey. The community got a lot of input. Now they just dont care about us and some of you have just out right gone into insulting me when I have not done any such thing to you. "Mercy is the mark of a great man." Well to be fair maybe I'm just alright. Just remember that sniping at me doesn't help validate your points.

You must have known before-hand that Cryptic have their own Fanboys before posting your wall of text right? Regardless of whether or not some of us agree with you, the very "constructive" criticism you were going to receive from the thread-warriors needs to be expected at all times. ☻
  • robobigtimerobobigtime Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I thought this was pretty good.
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    im un happy with reputation changes ty it we wont have any reason to play reputation anymore they turned all our play time to waste and for what to make few ppl and their alts happy?

I am unhappy with the Reputation Trait change that was made, this I will agree with. Being taken down to 4 traits Space/Ground when we where enjoying "A Hard Earned" 16, that's more than half we are smacked down too. I mean if those PvP players are going to whine about other players being to OP'd, then Cryptic may as well abolish the Reputation Bonus Traits completely. We where doing fine with out them in the first place.
  • amberdzamberdz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have only played the game once since S9 came out, before I played every day. I have thirteen toons with T5 in 4 reps and one new toon that I had started doing reps on. Since I no longer feel the need to do reps and get my toons their MACO, KHG and other rep equipment, I no longer need to log in every day.

I am tired of grinding to be nerfed.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    amberdz wrote: »
    I have only played the game once since S9 came out, before I played every day. I have thirteen toons with T5 in 4 reps and one new toon that I had started doing reps on. Since I no longer feel the need to do reps and get my toons their MACO, KHG and other rep equipment, I no longer need to log in every day.

I am tired of grinding to be nerfed.

You never needed maco XII equipment in first place.. you did reputations cuz you wanted to have the best items in game, even if they are not needed, thats all. I will never understand why people in this game feels the need to have the best items. It looks like they are lured by cryptic to their way of work. I only finished reputation tier 5 on 1 of my 6 characters. Thats all. Because i never wanted most of the items of the T5 reputations. I never needed em. And my performance is extraordinary :D with 75% of NON reputation items. I do reputations if i need specifically any item of em, like the hyper plasma (if i have a plasma build, that is a good addition, so i do that reputation tier). But im not going to do a T5 reputation to just adquire a item that is just 1 level over the previous one (maco examples) because it is the "best" . Its stupid. Im tired of grinding and i dont need it. But the mistake of everybody is to think, they "need" the best MKXII items, even if they only improves 0,02 % over the previous level item.

Maybe thats the reason for me, this didnt affect me so much, bceause i was smart since the beginng. Maybe i dont have all the tier abilities / traits, but i dont fkn g care. I play to have fun, not to look superman.
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Every MMO is having hard times these days it seems. I think WoW spoiled a certain number of us. WoW became the benchmark for where an MMO "par" should be. Does STO meet this benchmark? In some respects no it does not. The biggest problem STO has right now are the abundant amount of bugs in the game. This new season released a ton of bugs into the game: Breach NPC OP, mission "Assimilation" vanishing NPCs, mission "Surface Tension" cloaking issues over destroyed ESD, NPC chat from missions persisting in other areas of the game repeating constantly until you re-log, I'm sure I could go on for awhile with new bugs added this season not to mention old existing ones that have never been fixed. For all of these failings I will continue to play the game, I enjoy it. My hope is that the Devs will take there time in putting out new content in the future until its right. Perhaps a new game engine is needed, I dont know, I am not software engineer.

I'm not a huge fan of the new rep system but the swapping out feature is nice, especially when I was doing some Borg missions last night to have the reduced adaptation of Borg swapped in. I didn't even originally spec into that one. I would like to see 2 more slots made available to both space and ground, I think that would be fair.

The new kit system is actually a pretty cool idea. I have to play around with it a little more as I generally want nothing to do with ground combat, it may pull into this realm. The new Undine ground mission isn't too bad. As for the Space, it's "meh," I really don't feel like getting into that one right now.

I think the ESD looks nice, the old ESD was looking dated and glad to see it go. It didn't seem as grand a place as it is now. The new ESD section that we have to play in only seems like a fraction of a percentage of how much more ESD you would expect to exist, puts it more in perspective.

All and all I would say that season 9 is mediocre at best. As a rating from 1 - 10 I would give it a 6. Just my two cents.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It may be pointless to you, but to other players, it's not pointless at all...

The old ESD wasn't functional nor was it effective. The new one is basically just one room with everything inside it. The old ESD had several rooms including one that was its one instance. That doesn't make it effective or functional.

the liars and whiners will claim otherwise till their face is blue.
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A very good question; if you aren't enjoying yourself, why don't you just stop playing?

You know, this is a valid question.

It's often asked by people suckered into a Lifetime subscription who also enjoy mashing buttons in a game that an anecephalic could play with their eyes closed (not that THAT would matter since anecephalics would be blind, and even if they weren't, they never become conscious) and who ALSO have a subconscious, pathological need to defend the game, Cryptic and, ultimately, their purchase because they feel like a fool for spending the money and can't handle feeling that way.

Now, I'm not singling anyone out. I'm just stating what I believe is the reason for asking a question that has such an obvious answer. Since the answer is so obvious, it's a defensive question.

And the answer is:

Star Trek is the biggest and most beloved Science Fiction franchise to ever exist on earth. No other scifi title has come close to its longevity and staying power (and before you people start, Star Wars is Space Fantasy, not Science Fiction).

Trek has a huge following, with people who care about the franchise itself. For good or ill (really, really ill), Cryptic got their hands on the only Trek MMO in existence.

Trek fans want to live in that world - if vicariously - and so they came to STO. I was one of them. And yes, I, too, am an Open Beta Veteran, and I too am one of the people who have been railing against what Cryptic has been doing to Star Trek since the moment I logged in back in beta.

But again, it's the only Star Trek we've got - and that doesn't mean just a game. It means there are no TV series out there. One movie from the JJ-verse every couple of years, and STO. That's it. So we play, because we continue to hope that someone at Cryptic will grow a brain and say, "Hey, we've made this horrible game worse, but you know what? Today, we turn it around and do justice to this massive, juggernaught IP."

Until and if that happens, the only thing accessible to the fans on a daily basis is, unfortunately, STO.

It's just a shame that Cryptic got their hands on the franchise (especially since CBS had wanted a Trek MMO for YEARS before Cryptic) and did and continue to do such a disservice to the fans and the franchise.

So there's your answer, obvious as it may be.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008