test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RE: ESD Season 9 Revamp Feedback

edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Federation Discussion
So on the new ESD, almost all Starfleet officers are wearing Odyssey uniforms in various styles, this is awesome and looks damn fine in my opinion; however, I notice both the Chief Medical Officer and Admiral Quinn are wearing variants which are unavailable to players at present, when, if ever, are these going to be available?

(I've been hoping for Quinn's version since the Odyssey uniforms came out.)
Post edited by edwardianed on

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Speaking of things that players can't use, where's the odyssey/bortas skirts, bortas shoulder pads, and the ent maco uniform? :mad:
  • Options
    enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't quite care for the red white and blue decorating ESD, id much prefer steel blue/silver/blacks.
    I enjoy the overall design though.
    anyone else?
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like the color design, tbh. Love the overall design. Btw, when you Find Sulu, go see what he says as you approach him, I died laughing.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The new ESD uniforms look great. This is the first and to this point only good thing I can say about the new season since I face major technical difficulties :/
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Speaking of things that players can't use, where's the odyssey/bortas skirts, bortas shoulder pads, and the ent maco uniform? :mad:

Don't let me break out the images. Dammit :D.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Given recent 2410 developments, I would like to stop killing Klingons in the PvE queues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like that's there is an explanation why ESD looks new, and not just Q was bored. :)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    razeth4razeth4 Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2014
    Let me just say that I'm beyond impressed. It feels so much less cartooney and so much more Starfleet. I love the layout, the viewing window to the docks, the shuttlebay, and everything else.

So much better than running around a huge circle. Excellent job all.
  • Options
    thebladeorthebladeor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm downloading the new patch now! Can't wait for the new ESD!:)
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Be sure to check the Mezzanine and lower levels as well. The lower level is where all the foundry contacts are, I believe. The Mezzanine also has a direct view of outside ESD and the shipyard.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Impressed? HAHAHAH it looks like and feels like a shopping mall. Seriously the only thing missing was Victoria's Secrets.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    arnthebard wrote: »
    Impressed? HAHAHAH it looks like and feels like a shopping mall. Seriously the only thing missing was Victoria's Secrets.

Wow you just hate everything about season 9 don't ya? Hate it so much, uninstall and stop crying. Good grief.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ESD is about the only good thing in SE9 "undine cash grab deluxe" Players should not have Undine psychic controlled vessels EVER, next will be borg cubes, then SE 10 Server offline forever, thanks for the cash.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Glad to see it changed for the better. The old look was overrun by too many just doing anything they want to do. This new look kind of keeps everything neat looking. Less running around in circles. Lift though really don't place you where you want to be. I'll have to explore some more. The new mission for 9 was long one but a good challange for me and my crew.. Use all what I had to complete that mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Another highlight is that bank and mail consoles are scattered all over the place. So you don't have to run over to the same area to use get mail items or put things away.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The one thing I do not like is, I am already lost! :(
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay the overall Design elements are much more 2409. The old EST looked like something from the TNG Era. But let us be honest, it does look like a Mall becuse the Inspiration was a mall. Now we have an empty lower deck and an empty middle deck just for the foundry contacts? And the stairway to the Shipyard makes no sense. On their own every element looks great but together they just do not match. And the gigantic shuttlebay you can not enter as well as the ESD interior Space with the Ships just is wrong. It looks like you are 100 feet tall. . Why not mor useful/usable space.

A holo firing rage where you can test every weapons type even the ones From the Rep. systems. all free available while you are on the deck

Same in Space a Holographic shakedown cruise program similar to the firs t contact day but also with a little more navigation not just fighting.
  • Options
    skyywalk3rskyywalk3r Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When if ever will the odyssey admirals uniform be available???:D:D:D
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    arnthebard wrote: »

I actually think that's a great idea, as long as my BOffs can wear lingerie on active duty.
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    where can i get that oddy belt they alll have. i got the oddy uniform and there was no belt included
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ah great since the topic got moved again nobody will ever answer... thanks
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    abictusabictus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I too like the new ESD and the Odyssey Uniforms. But I noticed Admiral Quinn's uniform does not have rank on it. Seems like something easily overlooked and easily fixed. Good job though on the others, glad to see ESD look like a Starfleet Instillation. Now, if the Ody uniforms were what was worn on the Ent-F and the Jupitor Station uniforms worn on ESD/DS9...

-Brian
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The new ESD interior is absolutely stunning! I'm very impressed! The boys and girls that worked on it did a really good job! Well done to 'em!

I like that the Odyssey uniforms are being worn by the NPC's there and hope this practice will carry over to other NPC's at other locations and maybe even in the corridors of our own ships too?

I have to ask is anyone planning to do guides for the colours of the Odyssey uniforms as seen on ESD? I certainly know that I'll use them! Thanks in advance! :)
  • Options
    startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's gorgeous. I like to just hang out there. It feels so Star Trek. I actually want to just spend time there, unlike the previous one. It is great for immersion, RP, and for the polish of this game in general. I spend so much time there that I think the revamp is absolutely worth the dev time.
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i think the odyssey uniform is perfect for that 2410 starfleet look how ever the enterprise crew and admiral tuvok should have been given the same uniform to contyinue the look of 2410 the old siera uniforms are ok but they should be for new players not wanting to purchase uniforms only ... hopefully cryptiic will fix this some day and continue to use the odyssey uniform for the game...
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    abictus wrote: »
    I too like the new ESD and the Odyssey Uniforms. But I noticed Admiral Quinn's uniform does not have rank on it. Seems like something easily overlooked and easily fixed. Good job though on the others, glad to see ESD look like a Starfleet Instillation. Now, if the Ody uniforms were what was worn on the Ent-F and the Jupitor Station uniforms worn on ESD/DS9...

-Brian
    derrico1 wrote: »
    i think the odyssey uniform is perfect for that 2410 starfleet look how ever the enterprise crew and admiral tuvok should have been given the same uniform to contyinue the look of 2410 the old siera uniforms are ok but they should be for new players not wanting to purchase uniforms only ... hopefully cryptiic will fix this some day and continue to use the odyssey uniform for the game...

I agree! I'd like my ships crews to join them so if anyone can supply the colour codes of the Odyssey uniforms as they appeared on the officers aboard ESD they'd be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    hellkane150hellkane150 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi for the second time i'm stuck, this time on Earth Stardock, it saing that chat is offline and when i move i cant interact with nothing because nothing has higlight... The 1s time i was stuck i was on the map display and i had to creat a new profile...

Anyone had this problem?
  • Options
    waywardwandererwaywardwanderer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have to say, I do like the look of the new Earth Space Dock. It gives more of a sense for being at the heart of Starfleet Command, and we don't have to keep running in circles anymore.

What I would like to see, though, is a little continuity on the shuttle bay. I like having the option to get to the academy without running all the way back to the transporter room. However, when you "Take a Shuttle to Starfleet Academy", you then appear at a random location on the Academy grounds with a transporter effect, just like beaming from the transporter room. With the new Federation tutorial missions rolled out last year, we already have a Starfleet Academy shuttle bay set built. Why not use it? Have the person taking a shuttle appear at the reception area, and perhaps put a vendor or two and a mail/bank console there for more utility. They can then take the turbolift to the main floor of building 1, just like in the tutorial.

If you wanted to go all-out, give both shuttle bays the same options as beaming up from the Academy grounds, either taking a shuttle between the two, to your ship, or to your ship and leaving to sector space.
  • Options
    emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really like it. The old ESD was so ugly, it honestly gave me flea market vibes. This new design is so much cleaner.

Is it time for DS9 to be decommissioned? Or at least given a facelift on the inside. It looks so outdated, and doesn't even match the TV series anyway.