Comments

• Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gorn Science, 1st and only character I have logged on since patch, bugged
  • Options
    joshuan11joshuan11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just started playing and am a female orion tactical. Can't get passed the "spend skill points" quest because there is no option to accept and when you hit respec it just closes the window accomplishing nothing. Not sure what else I can do. Super disappointing.
  • Options
    reckwoodreckwood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tactical Bajoran, skills invalid since I started.
  • Options
    zylantheanzylanthean Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am having the same problem with my Bajoran Tactical
  • Options
    kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am also on my KDF Leathean Science unable to select reputation traits due to "invalid skills." I chalked it up to a random bug on my end, but decided to check the forums to see. Now I know to wait out for a fix in the future in whatever patch before playing that character again.
  • Options
    mavericgamermavericgamer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Having the same problem on a newly-created Orion; I have "Spend Skills" plastered on my screen, yet I cannot get past "Skills Invalid" and "Respec."

Frustrating for a newbie.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited April 2014
    My Ferengi tac also has the skills invalid need to respec annoyingly can't slot any of the reputation powers because, "you need to respec". Funny cause I reported this on Tribble about 2 weeks before season 9 irrc, sensing it could be a major issue, oh well guess i'll just have to play without all the rep passives I earned till they acknowledge there is a problem. maybe fixed by season 12?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    champs1981champs1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Im stuck with this bloody Skills Invalid Bug on my New OrionTac Captain where the skills screen looks normal save the bottom right hand side where the buttons to confirm my choices is and all that is there is Sills Invalid with an Orange <Respec> Button next to it I hit the button it closes the window not fixing anything.

Put a Ticket in and got this response from the PW Support in via Email.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue.

With the release of Season 9 players are now required to spend all of their Skill Points. If you had a large amount of unspent points you may find that your skills are now reset. To allocate them, click on Respec and spend the points as you see fit. Please be sure to spend all of the points otherwise you may not be able to finalize the changes. If you accidentally close the window before spending all of the points you can get back there by opening the character status window (default key: U) and clicking on the Skills tab.

Regards,

Perfect World Support

yeah that would work.....if there was a bloody accept button.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for all the detailed reports everyone.

Some of these issues were known but it appears to be a larger concern than originally thought.

I am waiting on an updated response from the Dev team.

Will update thread as I get news.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    same thing for me : bajoran captain

capture_001_24042014_030032.jpg
    capture_002_24042014_030045.jpg
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for all the detailed reports everyone.

Some of these issues were known but it appears to be a larger concern than originally thought.

I am waiting on an updated response from the Dev team.

Will update thread as I get news.

~CaptainSmirk

Thank you.
  • Options
    cobra5000cobra5000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    When I view my reputation tab I get the following message.

"Your character requires a skill respec to be able to view or choose a reputation skill."

Now I click the button to go to my skill page and press the respec button, hitting the button just closes the window and does nothing. Clicking the respec button on the skills page also does the same thing.

If I try to use the trainer on Qo'nos to respec once I have allocated all my points I get a message when I hover the mouse over the accept button (which is still blanked out) that I don't meet the requirements for my rank. This is a level 50 character that has been that way for a long time.

Logging in and out or switching characters has no effect.

Any help would be appreciated in this.

There's a thread here about it to.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1089661

I have encountered this too, I am also a Lifer who never used any free level up Skill Respec Tokens.
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Got the same problem affecting my Gorn sci, but not my Lethean tac or my Bajoran sci. Point to note is that the gorn sci had 'bite' trait which can be deactivated according to 'personal traits' list but remains active in the personal tray.
  • Options
    magnetarxxmagnetarxx Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2014
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    Same problem here and only on my Gorn. I was wondering where we'd find the obligatory post patch broken stuff...didn't expect to find it there.

same here on my Gorn (tac) too. :eek:
  • Options
    rubecabbitrubecabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have also encountered this bug, it is essentially halting my progress with my first Klingon faction character as I currently cannot progress past lvl 3...
  • Options
    alonysalonys Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm having this problem on my Lethean Eng. I didn't notice a problem on my Fed Alien Sci or Bajoran Tac. All three have maxed out for years, and I think maybe respecced them once, maybe. The Lethean had 9 respect tokens and I couldn't save the changes because he didn't meet the level requirements.

I'll check my other 5 maxed toons. It's only the Lethean Eng that's affected.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, my Gorn Sci has this problem. My Human Tac, though, doesn't.
  • Options
    zaph0ddzaph0dd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I also have this bug, and have had it for well over a month, on my Vulcan tac.

I thought the patch change might fix it, but no, it made it worse, cannot even use any rep abilities now.

bugged it when i first noticed, but surprise surprise, the report just got deleted and ignored.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/433776474591930749/3EDDE6F6366F9FB91AF6630E3A37ED4C5EE69CBC/

And no, all my respect tokens have vanished, so cannot try fix it.
  • Options
    mastigatormastigator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Suppose I should add mine to this thread too.

Tac Ferengi Male. Not rep traits. Told I need a respec. Clicking the invalid skill link or whatever it is on the either the trait tab or the reputation tab does nothing. I can't manually respec my skills because I've somehow lost all my skill respec tokens as well (I guess it is more of won't since I'm not going to buy zen to respec).
    "They're crying, Jim! I don't know how it happened, but it's good to see." - Dr Leonard McCoy
  • Options
    rankinhoperankinhope Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    my bajoran main has the "respec needed" issue

well the servers are back up after maintenance (a little early) issue still there, so unfortunately i cant play my main character for at least another day.....:(

not even mentioned in release notes or known issues.
  • Options
    rubecabbitrubecabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rubecabbit wrote: »
    I have also encountered this bug, it is essentially halting my progress with my first Klingon faction character as I currently cannot progress past lvl 3...

UPDATE:

As of the latest patch (Version ST.40.20140330a.23) I am still unable to spend my skill points and progress my character past such a low level...
  • Options
    zaph0ddzaph0dd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    UPDATE:

After a Month of not being able to do anything, I magically have now been able to fix my problem, at the cost of respecing all my skills, think i got them all back to how I want them, apart from 1 mistake...

its now as if nothing was wrong, see if it survives me logging out.
  • Options
    mastigatormastigator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Don't worry about that. I did spend the Zen for the token and it did nothing other than de-gray out the "accept" button when I go to the in-game skills trainers. It did NOT solve the problem as when I go through the process and click the "accept", it doesn't take.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad my miserly ways have saved me from further frustration. Sad that that doesn't fix it though.
    "They're crying, Jim! I don't know how it happened, but it's good to see." - Dr Leonard McCoy
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Aside from the colors (I have a fed Bajoran tac captain affected so the button is in the fed turquoise) I had the exact same experience. The skills screen respec button closes the window and nothing else can be done in that screen.

I have logged her out and back in five times over 28 hours and have attempted to respec via the skills trainers in two different locations. At first, the "accept" was greyed out; then I purchased a captain retrain token and now, "accept" is lit up and I can click it, but it resets the screen and I am still stuck with my old 'invalid' stats.

I replied to support telling them all of this (and more) and hopefully it will be realized that simply sending us directions on HOW to respec is not fixing the problem!

In the meantime, I'm stuck with only one playable character.

Well he got a better response than I did for my ticket, they asked me to take a screenshot for some reason lol.
  • Options
    xanathar21xanathar21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I Can't Respec Either. Also My Surface tension Mission is bugged and says it is in progress and I can't do it. What BS. By the time they fix event will be over
  • Options
    joshuan11joshuan11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have gotten to where I have allocated all skill points accept for maybe 10 or so. The thing is there is no ACCEPT button at all. Only Respec. And if you hit respec it does nothing. Tried Orion tactical, engineer, and science. Same issue with all.
  • Options
    praetorian91praetorian91 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same problem here, Lethean Engi. Cań t see any reputation traits and so on...
  • Options
    judgecartmanjudgecartman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same issue for me, Bajoran Fed Tac.

Do we need to submit tickets or do we wait for the devs to respond to the thread I wonder?