test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (April 24, 2014) [Complete]

Comments

• darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Maybe he has great faith...in that there will be maintenance tomorrow.;)

Exactly. lol

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Maybe he has great faith...in that there will be maintenance tomorrow.;)
    I hope we get another patch tomorrow, the fix for joysticks isn't listed in these patch notes.
  • shawnawhitewolfshawnawhitewolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    :mad::mad::mad: im about sick this mess why cant you noobs keep the servers off line till bugs fix

go down one more time im delete stupid game
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    :mad::mad::mad: im about sick this mess why cant you noobs keep the servers off line till bugs fix

warning a rage quit coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We knew this was coming, you know... A few weeks ago when the announcement came in that S9 would be uploaded to Holodeck on Tuesday, we all stated that there would be time for patches between the initial upload on Tuesday and the original patches always scheduled for Thursday. We knew this but yet there's all the same b!tch3rs that come in each time and complain...

The thing that really drives me nuts, is all the threats to leave the game and not spend another dime on STO, but then another season comes along, and they're all still here, throwing the same complaints, and threatening never to spend any more $$ on STO, even though they spent a fortune on lockbox keys to get that one special ship or kit to make them feel more OP than they did yesterday...

IF you are going to threaten to leave, follow through. I'll gladly take your stuff... Otherwise... be grateful for what you have and what they're doing...

Gratitude? Anyone ever heard of it?

CM

p.s. yeah, bring it on...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

lol, you forgot the image in where you appear smashing the keyboard.. :cool:
  • sevendead1ysinssevendead1ysins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You lot are a bunch of whiny SOB's aren't ya?
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Calm down there, I dont like being pushed out of the game either. Frankly I thought because of Tuesdays patch it would mean no patch today, heh! But we are all put out by it, its nothing to get that outraged over. Go read a book, take a walk or nap. Sleep is always a good thing. or play another game, just not a PWE game they are all undergoing maintenance too.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why do you even have a test server?
    Hire some people that can actually do a quality check before you release something!
    No seriously, I mean it, remove everybody from the test server and keep it acces only to your quality team in house.
    And give them the order to try everything, simple things like keeping people out of the shuttlebay on new esd wasn't a fuzz if you people actually tested it.
    Fix things that are adressed in the forums instead of fixing things that weren't a problem the first place.

Just saying...
    edited April 2014
    y'all really learn something from word of tanks come out new patch Guss what never go down like this look in way run things:D
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Because then no game would have their servers up as they all have bugs.
    edited April 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    A) People want to get bugs fixed.
    B) People don't want to go offline due to patches to get bugs fixed.

It's one way or the other, you can't have a cake and eat it.

Yeah sure, but a decent company only needs 1 patch every week at most. And if they need to fix some bugs, they launch another patch between fixing those bugs. Something cryptic never do. And because evry time they say "x fixed" it is not true.

Any other company has a balance between bugs and gameplay content. Cryptic doesnt.

Dont pretend to compare cryptic with any other company lol, you just cant. Or the other option, is you to play a lot more games to see what we talking about, because apparently this is normal for you lol.
    edited April 2014
    Why do you even have a test server?
    Hire some people that can actually do a quality check before you release something!
    No seriously, I mean it, remove everybody from the test server and keep it acces only to your quality team in house.
    And give them the order to try everything, simple things like keeping people out of the shuttlebay on new esd wasn't a fuzz if you people actually tested it.
    Fix things that are adressed in the forums instead of fixing things that weren't a problem the first place.

Just saying...

You know a test server isn't going to catch everything, right? If we had to wait until EVERY bug was fixed before releasing to Holodeck, we'd still be waiting for Season 3, and everyone would be complaining that there's never any new content in STO...

Oh wait, they already do that...

lols...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited April 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    You know a test server isn't going to catch everything, right? If we had to wait until EVERY bug was fixed before releasing to Holodeck, we'd still be waiting for Season 3, and everyone would be complaining that there's never any new content in STO...

Oh wait, they already do that...

lols...

CM

Actually the test servers NEVER catch anything, if we are going to talk about em.. every thing that the players "test" on the test servers and things that are not supossed to go live, they go anyways, as we all know. So, i ask myself , what the hell is the purpose of the test servers? because nothing of what they release is tested. Not even the most simplier things.
    edited April 2014
    word of tanks came out 9.0 severs still up good team squish the bugs be fore it re lease pw should do the same thing game be so buggy and never see word of tanks going down like pw
    edited April 2014
    But yet we still play it anyway... :)

CM
  • tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    word of tanks came out 9.0 severs still up good team squish the bugs be fore it re lease pw should do the same thing game be so buggy and never see word of tanks going down like pw

hmm tomorrow WOT will be releasing a patch to address graphics glitches, client crashes, stutter/fps issues. Indeed version 9 is perhaps the buggiest release WOT has made so far. Lucky for you tomorrow you will be able to play STO....
  • nexusarsnexusars Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree that test servers won't keep bugs away even after most extensive testing possible. I also wecome that a studio actively works on trying to fix bugs, errors and blocking points in the game experience.

BUT, what should be kept in mind is, however, that requiring maintenance DAILY for at least 2 hours AFTER having 8 seasons out there beforehand is kinda... strange.

I mean Cryptic has experience. They don't release things for the first time.
    So are there really so many bugs that require a complete shutdown?
    Why do you still have such frequent Server Not Responding situations although this should have been a common thing in previous releases?

I think it was better to patch once a week or all 3 days but then with a bigger amount of maybe even related things fixed emerging a coherently improved version of the game.

The current thing is like committing any changed line of code and building a release out of it. Imho this is continuous integration done exaggeratedly wrong.
    Even though the game is playable someday, the current situation simply creates a slightly unprofessional image...
    edited April 2014
    tickletops wrote: »
    hmm tomorrow WOT will be releasing a patch to address graphics glitches, client crashes, stutter/fps issues. Indeed version 9 is perhaps the buggiest release WOT has made so far. Lucky for you tomorrow you will be able to play STO....
    so far i had no issue playing the game i keep my video card updated and every year i buy a new one
    and been playing 9.0 i never crash yet :D
  • homeboy2011homeboy2011 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    y'all really learn something from word of tanks come out new patch Guss what never go down like this look in way run things:D

WTH? I couldn't make any sense out of that statement. Do you get drunk, stand on your head, look in a mirror and then type?
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maintenance???? but....but...but....S9 just started.....and now you have maintenance, that's the final straw. I'm going to watch old episodes of Pawn Stars. Lol
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Shane be like "I fergotz how 2 Engleesh!"

Silly! Anyway, as long as it makes the game more stable, I can understand 2 hours. In fact, I went outside and watered my grass without my shoes on and let the cool water run between my toes. One of those simple pleasures in life that makes me smile.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    3 days in a row..... Is this still beta?
  • tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fadmbambam wrote: »

damn right it is and you should be darn grateful they let you play without a beta invite ! :D
  • fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Shane be like "I fergotz how 2 Engleesh!"

Silly! Anyway, as long as it makes the game more stable, I can understand 2 hours. In fact, I went outside and watered my grass without my shoes on and let the cool water run between my toes. One of those simple pleasures in life that makes me smile.

you cant correct someones english and start with "shane be like"

just saying.
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fadmbambam wrote: »

No MMO ever comes out of Beta, it's only ever "finished" when the servers get turned off for good :p
  • roytulinroytulin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    still not back up?
    edited April 2014
    I hope olivia211 posts more often... Every post she makes puts my mind almost in a zen state...

:)

CM
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    roytulin wrote: »
    still not back up?

yes it is back up and we are just hanging out here.... go check it out

or better yet count 2 hours from the time it went down... lets see thats only 1 and half hours ago lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • sevendead1ysinssevendead1ysins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    roytulin wrote: »
    still not back up?

Considering it said it would run from 7 to 9 am PST and it's only 8:25, yeah it's still not up :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.