test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (April 24, 2014) [Complete]

Comments

• jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The bug reports area of the website is full of other issues that have been tagged with INVESTIGATING.

Traits all messed up for ceertain toons (ferengi, bajoran, gorn etc). This is game breaking. These characters cannot slot any traits due to Skills Invalid error. Purchased traits (lockbox wins/bought off exchange) have disappeared from available list.

Doff slotting of multiple identical doffs doesnt work for some characters. Purple technicians for a2b build, zemoks/other attack pattern doffs etc.

Exchange does not recognise the new kit modules in the kits section. It is impossible to search for certain qualities of modules (since rarity filter does not work on search ALL (and hasn't for months/years now). Big issue for new kit system as players cannot get high quality modules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • keliike047keliike047 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Let's hope Cryptic is capable of or IS addressing the problem regarding the continuous crashing on Mac's servers. I know that this is a PC originated game, but I hold out hope that they haven't abandoned the Mac users.:(
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not trying to sound rude here, but could someone from cryptic at least confirm that they are also checking if these fixes affect the mac version as well?

Mac version has become unplayable for me and many others, are you even aware of this?

Official client and all....
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Traits all messed up for ceertain toons (ferengi, bajoran, gorn etc). This is game breaking. These characters cannot slot any traits due to Skills Invalid error. Purchased traits (lockbox wins/bought off exchange) have disappeared from available list.

Doff slotting of multiple identical doffs doesnt work for some characters. Purple technicians for a2b build, zemoks/other attack pattern doffs etc.

^^ This.

I know ppl cry 'DOOMED!' all the time, but it's really bad this time. Especially since these are all deal-breaking bugs. You'd think they make those their highest priority.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yeah don't get me wrong im as upset as the next guy about the doff issues and trait issues when i could open the friggin UI window to look at my fed eng joined trill. Which has no more lockbox traits available and funky doffs in place of 3x technician

But if constant CTD or even forced power downs don't constitute "show stopper" what the eff does? I'm currently running a 8/10 map changes CTD rate, and yes i have set all settings to minimum but no dice, neither my laptop nor desktop should need to run on minimum, nor did they need to before S9.

So whats going on Cryptic??
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ^^ This.

I know ppl cry 'DOOMED!' all the time, but it's really bad this time. Especially since these are all deal-breaking bugs. You'd think they make those their highest priority.

I mean, my only character is a bajoran and he's gimped and hobbling... I won't play any missions or PVE till he's up to full strength.

It has however given me time to update my crews unis to the new ESD colors (really slick) and fly around to do doff missions and stuff. So there's that, I guess :-/

Also homework. Grad school sucks. Don't go to grad school, kids. It's hard.
  • roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why do they insist on rushing out the new stuff when they know they need weeks more to test and refine? Will there ever be the recognition that they don't have a built in Tippler Cylinder which rewinds time? This week is a total loss.

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Wasn't the whole point on releasing it on Tuesday meant that you didnt have to do daily patching if you did proper testing before realeasing then you will not need to do this

Proper testing?? *falls off chair laughing*
    edited April 2014
    roubini wrote: »
    Why do they insist on rushing out the new stuff when they know they need weeks more to test and refine?

Because their marketing department keeps telling them to "Sell! Sell! Sell!" And then, at some point, these MMO companies start to believe it themselves, and begin to think they *must* rush out new content every X month, or suffer a horrible death.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So tholian reward packs you get from doing the repeatable missions on Nukara Prime have been removed from the game?

That's news to me.

I hate that place anyway. Boring as hell and not worth the trouble for Nukara marks.

Trouble? what trouble? lol It cant be so boring if it is the place that you will get more nukara marks for less time lol. Nukara is the easiest place to get nukara marks, in less than 30 minutes you have A LOT of Nukara marks. If that is "trouble" , well..

The problem of Nukara is, you have only 3 or 4 missions there, the rest are bugged lol.

All the packs from all reps have been removed, you now get a pack in every reputation when you reach a new tier.
    edited April 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    So far so good. Nice to see the bugs being fixed. Season doesn't have a rough start on my side.

Wait, you should check again, maybe you are talking about other game...
  • leokesler2012leokesler2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any news about this bug ?

Chroniton Mines Barrier slow / delay to start to explode

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1091991
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any news on the hourlies not giving reputation xp?
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No offense, but that still leaves the "Magically unequipping Active Duty DOffs" and the "Unresetting Hourly Rep Projects", along with others, not only not fixed...

But not even listed under 'known issues'.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to think problems like that - issues that effect actual gameplay - would somehow take priority over whether an NPC is transmitting from 'New' ESD or 'Old' ESD...
    The issues you mention as well as the issue some of us are having on the KDF side concerning our traits being blanked out and our skills suddenly becoming "Invalid" thus requiring a respec, will likely be resolved the same way they resolved the issues on the KDF side with our outfits suddenly becoming unwearable......they'll say they fixed it even though the fix did not work. And then it will be put on the back burner and likely never fixed.

ALL KDF players should be given a FREE Outfit slot and a FREE Respec Token whether they need it or not!! The issues with the outfits being unwearable may not be a game breaker, but to have a toon that was fully skilled more that a year ago suddenly become completely unskilled due to nothing WE have done is a game breaker!
    edited April 2014
    I already said ages ago, that this new season will carry tons of bugs and problems, as always. People never learn. And the next season will carry even more. And the next one even more. But that is not all, the real problem is, the bugs of this season are not going to be solved. And we are going to have (again, the same procedure) a new season without the bugs of the previous one solved. And this is the life of star trek online. lol. But since this will never change i recommend you guys to just stay put and carry on all the bugs and problems you have. Try to do anything else that will not imply those bugs. It is the only solution. In the end, you will not be able to play anymore, cuz you will not able to do anything without finding bugs everywhere, but at least, you played a lot by then.
  • tanqqueestadortanqqueestador Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So the system was down to put in a new season....Okay I get that, 3 or 4 hours that is fine

than Yesterday you bring it down to patch the system
    And again today...

This is NOT the first time this has happened and I am well frankly not surprised

its a shame really though.
  • chillor1988chillor1988 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not again an update...
    Wouldn't it be possible to change the stuff on the testserver (you run a testserver right?!) and then just merge it with the normal servers?
    That way updates wouldn't take 2 hrs downtime. It would be just Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V afterwards (and maybe some SQL Updates, depending if the database must be changed too).

The reason why i'm annoyed by it is simple: The patchtime is 4pm - 6pm for CEST (Central European Summer Time) which is exactly the time i'm normally online...
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So the system was down to put in a new season....Okay I get that, 3 or 4 hours that is fine

than Yesterday you bring it down to patch the system
    And again today...

This is NOT the first time this has happened and I am well frankly not surprised

its a shame really though.
    A) People want to get bugs fixed.
    B) People don't want to go offline due to patches to get bugs fixed.

It's one way or the other, you can't have a cake and eat it.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well i found a new tailor bug to do with useing the kit/armor tailor option and the Solanae Environmental Suit in that if u turn on the EV suit to go out into space like the mines or just to walk around in your legs dissappear lol. if u need proof Devs just hit me up in game just add or pm AkuhaShuzen cause it be easier to show then to discribe.

edited April 2014
    stoutes wrote: »

If only Cryptic actually spent time fixing bugs, instead of always rushing out new content. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    If only Cryptic actually spent time fixing bugs, instead of always rushing out new content. :P

Oh the fine folks at lolCryptic do spend time squishing bugs. However, it seems it's like fighting a hydra without a handy source of fire about.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Active Reputation Powers are not placed into your tray when selected in the Traits window.

They can be slotted by dragging them from the powers list into the tray.

I'd rather have it that way. Skills are randomly put on my action bar, never in the right place. Give me an option, a toggle, that the system never puts something on my action bar, because I always have to reslot or remove it manually. I suppose it is not to help the player but to keep him busy with the game interface.

I will stop ranting about this if someone can explain me why we have this feature?
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and I’ll post again once it is complete. Thanks ya’ll!
    ~LaughingTrendy
  • turbionturbion Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2014

How so? Just because Cryptic doesn't do that, it doesn't mean it's not possible. Guild Wars 2 doesn't require downtime in order to apply patches.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm hoping this somehow addresses the FPS issues introduced with S9 that have been reported.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Telekinesis trait cannot be slotted."

Noticed that on my alien, also noticed Efficient missing on my Saurian.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited April 2014

True statement. But, I don't mind the downtime if the bugs are actually being fixed. Downtime after downtime and the problem remains....that's frustrating!

Defera invasion zone bugs fixed yet? They've existed for how long now? Hive Onslaught lances still able to one shot kill you from 20km away, was supposedly fixed months ago. KDF outfits unusable, can't wear some of them or rename or modify. Was supposedly fixed 2-3 months ago. Not fixed yet on my side. Boffs suddenly removed from stations thus completely messing up your skill tray and tends to only happen when you warp into a battle scenario, what a wonderful bug this one is, still not fixed. I guess I've made my point.

I did receive a reply to my bug report from the support staff concerning the "Invalid Skills" issue on my KDF, I had already tried to do what they suggest but it did not work, have tried 3-4 times now. Kinda hard to do a respec without a token, and since I didn't plan on needing a respec token because my toon WAS fully skilled the way I wanted it and with ALL skill points allocated (300k space, 66k ground), I now have no Dil because I've been using it for Starbase projects. And since my toon is now without skills and traits, it makes it no fun at all to try to do any missions or pve stuff for dil. Level 50 Captain playing like a level 20 noob that doesn't know how to skill a toon. Not my idea of fun.
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Will tomorrow's maintenance be the same time as the one today?

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Will tomorrow's maintenance be the same time as the one today?

Oh ye of little faith... :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh ye of little faith... :D

Maybe he has great faith...in that there will be maintenance tomorrow.;)
This discussion has been closed.