test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9: A New Accord Is Live!

Comments

• admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's not the problem. The problem is that the npc armor isn't longer free as sierra or antares before. At ESD, that's not the odyssey template it's the Fleet Reputation Uniform for the NPCs.
    And the Odyssey template is the c-store jupiter uniform. That's the point.
    Sure both, Sierra and antares, are even not my favorite uniforms since beta, but free standards for optic equality in this game (esd, ship/npcs). And there is no equal uniform in c-store to get the new esd optic uniform touch. the one, of other owned costumes, as starfleet acdemy, isn't the same.
    It's simply inacceptable to get reputations and forced to spend time for an standard game uniform.

And since beta the dynamic npc uniform rendering, equal as active bridge officers wear, not included yet.
    The current for free or minimum in c-store and fleets get a new one for reputation, ready.

Your "Fleet Reputation" Uniform is actually the 'Odyssey Template'

The C-Store Jupiter Uniform is exactly that... the Jupiter Uniform. You can visit your Fleet Starbases Tailor, give him around 16k Dilithium and you can wear the same uniform like the NPC's on ESD I dont see your problem, you dont even need to grind alot as you describe it.

As for Armor and Kits...

Everything moved into the Tailor aswell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    Go to Options: display (tab) resolution to max will (mostly)fix it

Thanks, but that didn't do it. Fortunately, I found this:

Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
    Someone helped me, go to options->Display and set the resolution scale to 1. That fixes the pixel vision problem.

This did the trick perfectly!
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A few random disconnects, but to be expected on launch of a new season.

Still getting the blank ship syndrome when spawning again in PvE. :(
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't you just love how they do these Ninja releases? lol
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Has anyone else noticed how the ground powers are meant to be toggles and yet they're cancelling out after 10 seconds?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well i reported this glitch at least a few weeks ago after one of their patches only to find with downloading the patch today for season 9 it has returned.. :eek:

ooopstheydiditagain.png
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ESD is beautiful and perfect, obviously! :)

Having the Undine remodel the old ESD map? Brilliant and Prioeless!

Can we have the old ESD map in the Foundry please? Both the operational and wrecked maps please? :)

Keep on Trekkin'

P.S. I take it the Newbie "egg" task shall go away?
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I know the devs put a lot of hard work into the new season, but...sigh.

Undine Assault is like another breach - remarkably boring.

I have no intention of doing any of the Undine material from here on out. It was the same way with me and Nukara. Same with Dyson. Just the same thing over and over, and boring as heck.

I think one of the biggest issues is I know regardless of how well I perform in the instance, I am still gonna walk out with just a few marks and probably nothing else. I remember back in Season 6 when you could still get a very nice MACO drop from borg instances. Then we moved to this grindfest rep system and now all any of us do is farm marks.

We are just doing the same thing over and over. Season 7 = Season 8 = Season 9.

The only difference now is the entire community as a whole got a huge nerf with the trait revamp.

I am just so tired... so tired...of constantly farming marks. I want to actually go into an instance with the hope of coming out with something new. Not just pointless green drops. Even the new gear is just a lateral move to everything else we already have.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • dauren8484dauren8484 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't make sense of what I am seeing. I get an image that is heavily distorted with the color washed out. It was doing this on Tribble. Until this is fixed I won't be playing Star Trek Online Cryptic. Good lluck fixing it.
    No sense fearing the inevitable. We all die. It is how we face that death that matters!
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't you just love how they do these Ninja releases? lol
    ninja releases? You're serious about that? They've been talking about this release for at least 6 weeks, and it's a ninja release? Right...
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »

I have no intention of doing any of the Undine material from here on out. It was the same way with me and Nukara. Same with Dyson. Just the same thing over and over, and boring as heck.

I think one of the biggest issues is I know regardless of how well I perform in the instance, I am still gonna walk out with just a few marks and probably nothing else. I remember back in Season 6 when you could still get a very nice MACO drop from borg instances. Then we moved to this grindfest rep system and now all any of us do is farm marks.

The only difference now is the entire community as a whole got a huge nerf with the trait revamp.

I am just so tired... so tired...of constantly farming marks. I want to actually go into an instance with the hope of coming out with something new. Not just pointless green drops. Even the new gear is just a lateral move to everything else we already have.

As much as I hate to say it, this makes a lot of sense. :/
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    ESD is beautiful and perfect, obviously! :)

Having the Undine remodel the old ESD map? Brilliant and Prioeless!

Can we have the old ESD map in the Foundry please? Both the operational and wrecked maps please? :)

Keep on Trekkin'

P.S. I take it the Newbie "egg" task shall go away?
    the operational one IS there already. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »

Well said!
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i only wish at the very end there had been a short cut scene stating 6 months later and introducing the all new earth spacedock due to the destruction of the old .. other than that great F E
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • tentagon359tentagon359 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi, new ESD is really great, I love those ships moving around ESD in space which you can see in OPS. Sorry for my poor English.
    Great job!
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have a request....

Can we stop refering to the Undine as Undine and start to use their real name?
    The living Mines. :P

Last Undine assault I tried about half of the ships moved up to a cozy range of about 1/3 km while I was stuck by those control points that works like gravity wells. Then when they all eventually get blown up my ship eventually got blown up to.

Trust me, not funny. :mad:

Surface Tension was awesome, new ESD was awesome, new graphic was awesome for me (my graphic card like the changes) and rework of borg season was awesome. :)

The rest was pretty much frem meh to WTF! :(
    Why use use the worst of earlier events for the new Undine space events?

And what in heavens name made you put in boring space content for the grinding of new reputation?
    If you want to put in more grinding at least make it fun and balanced like borg content.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
    edited April 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    were are the visuals to your armor now?:mad:

You can go to tailor and get those visuals together with kit visuals.
    It is all customizable now. ;)
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kurgan2001 wrote: »
    I love the new esd, but hate the trait changes. Why did anyone think reducing the traits was a good idea?

I understand we can pick and choose what is active without needing a respec but I'd rather have the old way back for traits.

It's so that they can release a bunch more traits in reps for each season without blowing up whatever balance is left.
    ...Anyway, yeah, season tweaks and SINGLE new story mission (facepalm) are great, lockbox and rep not so great.
  • ardargoardargo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Our latest content update, Season 9: A New Accord, is now live on Holodeck! Team up with Tuvok against the imminent Undine threat. With a new featured episode, numerous events, upgrades and even a new Earth Spacedock, there's tons for players to explore. Learn about what you can experience in this latest update http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3042463

Check out the full trailer for Season 9: A New Accord here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TcNY4a1GL4

While this will no doubt be considered by some as lowest of the low in problems, I've noticed that in my kdf fleet projects available listing, the limited time project re-run projects are not listed as available, even though the option to run them is going until may.
    Tks
  • ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi all,
    managed to login for just 10 minutes before my laptop started melting (it's just damaged, I don't have the good one with me now) and went strait to the tailor with my lethean KDF.

I just want to THANK WITH ALL MY HEART the devs for allowing kit parts and armour as costumes, I can now FINALLY display armor and even customize a DARN GOOD, realistic and immersive battlesuit with equipment pieces etc. for my KDF characters! :D

It is something I craved since I started playing this game!!!! I am sooooooo happy to be able to finally dump those idiotic and horrible canon-related pieces of junk that somebody from the Show, on acid, back in the 80s dared call "armour" for Klingons and the like.

By the way, why in the world this huge revolution on appearance hasn't been mentioned in any interviews/posts I've read??
    THANK YOU, can't wait to play the new content as well, obviously.

See you all in game! --->happy person<--- :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragore94123dragore94123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    my ship cannot move when i am in a battle or in a planetary system. and if i can move its really slow and i cannot go full impulse. this is the case seance the new update
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    my ship cannot move when i am in a battle or in a planetary system. and if i can move its really slow and i cannot go full impulse. this is the case seance the new update

Do you have impulse engines? You are describing movement without them
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    Borg STF.......you know you will face a fixed number of enemy ships...how well you and the team does is your time limit...very fun content the numbers playing prove it time and again

this new undine content.....mind numbing respawns of weak cannon fodder making the content super long with extreamly poor rewards for so much time invested

Cut the number of undine by 76% and make them stronger..and for petes sake put better rewards out there 240 dilithium.................Seriously ?

and the space battlezone cut the end rewards by 75% and put that into the zones where it should be at
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, why is it that now you do not get all the rewards for a reputation daily or hourly until you complete another one and it starts the countdown again?

Everytime I complete my hourly Omega, I get the Dil the second i click Collect Rewards, but nor reward box until I have contributed everything and it's counting down.

This sucks.

I'm just starting my Dyson rep, ... and can't collect me reward packs until I earn enough points to complete another daily and hourly? ?

Did I miss a memo or something?
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    warlockx1 wrote: »
    So, why is it that now you do not get all the rewards for a reputation daily or hourly until you complete another one and it starts the countdown again?

Everytime I complete my hourly Omega, I get the Dil the second i click Collect Rewards, but nor reward box until I have contributed everything and it's counting down.

This sucks.

I'm just starting my Dyson rep, ... and can't collect me reward packs until I earn enough points to complete another daily and hourly? ?

Did I miss a memo or something?

The reward box is given for starting a project. At the end you get the dilithium.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    0_o That's just plain silly,...but if that's what it's meant to do then it's correctly working silly.

Probably should rework the listings thou make it a little more clear.
  • richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi, Trendy and all the other good folks at Cryptic and PWE!

I absolutely love the new season 9 content thus far! I even like the new Undine space battlezone, much easier for me to acquire marks and the combat isn't too hard or too balanced in favor of the best Mark 12 equipment that money can buy. Everything is just right.

Great job, devs and writers! Where do we submit ideas for new content and story arcs?
    edited April 2014
    Are we going to switch between working Undine space content and Mirror invasion version of it with every patch?

Before last maintenance I did a few and it was working somewhat though boring. Now when I tried it out again after been away a few days (CO exp weekend) it is back to MI TRIBBLE that should never been in game on normal difficulty.

I so do not intend to spend ½hr to do this abomination on normal with a elite equipped ship being swarmed and blown up untold number of times.

Think I will check out the game again after next maintenance, and if it is still not working I guess I will go and play another game for a few month to give you time to fix things.

Sorry to have to say it, but I find Cryptics developers (those working on STO anyway) utterly incompetent in balancing things and make fun content at this time. :mad:

After all complains about MI one would guess they would not use that model for content again, but noooo.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg