Options

Where are Kit Modules?

2»

Comments

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    The reason being I would be worse off using what currently available because the Ultra rare fleet versions of the modules that I want for my kit are no where to be found! So until they're available I'll hang on to my Romulan fire team kit.

I've seen them in my KDF fleets spire for ground equipment. Basically it looks like they broke it down instead of one big cost its seperated out now where you buy the empty frame and then buy the individual mk xii skills.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The reason being I would be worse off using what currently available because the Ultra rare fleet versions of the modules that I want for my kit are no where to be found! So until they're available I'll hang on to my Romulan fire team kit.

That, and no one is really sure which mark and rarity of the new modules equals which power rank on the old kits.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That, and no one is really sure which mark and rarity of the new modules equals which power rank on the old kits.

adjudicatorhawk knows:
    That's a complicated question. Powers in our game work by having a Magnitude (how strong their effect is) and then looking up that Magnitude at the level of the item activating that power. The Magnitude of Purple Modules in S9 is equal to the Magnitude of Rank III powers on kits in S8. Mark XII kits previously are actually only level 50 items, even though most of our Mark XII items are item-level 60. New Mark XI and XII Modules are item-level 55 and 60, respectively, so they are actually stronger than Rank III powers in previously Mark X-XII kits.

TLDR; From Marks I-X, Purple Module (new system) = Rank III Power (old system). For Marks XI and XII, Purple Module (New system) > Rank III Power (old system).
    All the old fleet kits are then equal to Mk X purple modules except for the Rank IV power, which is equal to an Ultra Rare Mk X module. The trade-ins, if that holds, are better than the existing kits.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And Wheres the incentive for me to trade in my current Romulan embassy one?

There's a difference.

First, there's the skill bonus (roughly +26 to four skills), which we don't get with the old kits.

Then there's the strength of the powers. The old embassy Mk XI and Mk XII kits tend to have level 49 (or 50?) powers, with the only difference between Mk XI and Mk XII being the additional 5th power.

If you trade in your old kit, you get a new kit filled with Rare/Very Rare modules that do the same thing as each of the powers from the old kit, but the Mk XIs work at level 55 and the Mk XIIs work at level 60.

This is easiest to see with the Engineering kits - both the old Mk XI and Mk XII kits summon a level 49 (or 50?) flamethrower turret. If you trade in the Mk XI, the new flamethrower module summons a level 55 turret, and if you trade in the Mk XII, the new flamethrower module summons a level 60 turret.

There's literally no reason not to trade in our old kits - we get skill bonuses, and (almost?) all our powers are upgraded.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    There's a difference.

First, there's the skill bonus (roughly +26 to four skills), which we don't get with the old kits.

Then there's the strength of the powers. The old embassy Mk XI and Mk XII kits tend to have level 49 (or 50?) powers, with the only difference between Mk XI and Mk XII being the additional 5th power.

If you trade in your old kit, you get a new kit filled with Rare/Very Rare modules that do the same thing as each of the powers from the old kit, but the Mk XIs work at level 55 and the Mk XIIs work at level 60.

This is easiest to see with the Engineering kits - both the old Mk XI and Mk XII kits summon a level 49 (or 50?) flamethrower turret. If you trade in the Mk XI, the new flamethrower module summons a level 55 turret, and if you trade in the Mk XII, the new flamethrower module summons a level 60 turret.

There's literally no reason not to trade in our old kits - we get skill bonuses, and (almost?) all our powers are upgraded.

Fair enough I guess, but until I can get my sticky little paws on a full set of Fleet ultra rare modules at least with regards to my Tac officer I'll stick with the Romulan Fire team kit.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So what happens to the kits that I spent a fortune on from my fleet embassy ?

Useless now in favour of these new things...

Really nice that is ! Really nice !
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014

I think you guys are getting a lot of misinformation. Your trade in your kit. You get the new bad TRIBBLE kit AND 5 MODULES as good or better than the kit you traded in!!! Instead you are keeping a kit with the same powers or worse, without the +104 skill points and not modular.

I traded in all 3 of my kits, that gave me 3 frames with various bonuses and 15 modules.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    earwigvr6 wrote: »
    So what happens to the kits that I spent a fortune on from my fleet embassy ?

Useless now in favour of these new things...

Really nice that is ! Really nice !

Their not useless not by a long shot. They can be traded in again, But I for one will be using mine whilst building its replacement in the back ground.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had known they were not selling these for EC I would have picked up a kit for my toon before the patch. Guess I will just wait a few weeks until I get the drops or month or two for the exchange prices to come down.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    lordtrekkielordtrekkie Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Re-Run (Or even Run) The new/redone Mission, Assimilation. It's 3rd in the Borg/Undine Chain.

It rewards a Mk XI Purple (Very Rare) Profession Specific Kit Frame, as well as Module.
  • Options
    jeepfujeepfu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The point for me isn't that "you can get Kit Modules from Episode Rewards", "you can get Kit Modules from Loot Drops", "you can buy Uncommon Kit Modules from a vendor for Dilithium" or "you can buy Rare and Very Kit Modules from your Fleet for Dilithium and Fleet Credits" but that the Season Nine notes clearly state that "basic Common quality Kits and Modules are available from vendors for Energy Credits" yet Common Kit Modules are not able to be bought from a vendor for Energy Credits.

On top of which, no official statement from the Developers has been made about this discrepancy. If Common quality Kit Modules are not supposed to be available from vendors for Energy Credits, change the Season Nine notes. If Common quality Kit Modules are supposed to be available from vendors for Energy Credits, make them available and let us know when that will happen.

That's what really bugs me about this because how can any player outfit any of their characters with the Common quality Kit Modules without the ability to buy the Common quality Modules from a vendor?

What's a newly created character supposed to do? Not use Kit Abilities? Because they certainly can't afford the EC cost on the exchange, the Dilithium cost from the one vendor or the Fleet Credit cost from their Fleet that does sell Kit Modules.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jeepfu wrote: »
    The point for me isn't that "you can get Kit Modules from Episode Rewards", "you can get Kit Modules from Loot Drops", "you can buy Uncommon Kit Modules from a vendor for Dilithium" or "you can buy Rare and Very Kit Modules from your Fleet for Dilithium and Fleet Credits" but that the Season Nine notes clearly state that "basic Common quality Kits and Modules are available from vendors for Energy Credits" yet Common Kit Modules are not able to be bought from a vendor for Energy Credits.

On top of which, no official statement from the Developers has been made about this discrepancy. If Common quality Kit Modules are not supposed to be available from vendors for Energy Credits, change the Season Nine notes. If Common quality Kit Modules are supposed to be available from vendors for Energy Credits, make them available and let us know when that will happen.

That's what really bugs me about this because how can any player outfit any of their characters with the Common quality Kit Modules without the ability to buy the Common quality Modules from a vendor?

What's a newly created character supposed to do? Not use Kit Abilities? Because they certainly can't afford the EC cost on the exchange, the Dilithium cost from the one vendor or the Fleet Credit cost from their Fleet that does sell Kit Modules.

There has been a statement by the devs:
    We'll be adding these soon.

So, they 'll be adding them soon, they are intended to exist.

The same thing he did before - rely on drops and mission rewards. A new character usually takes some time to actually have Energy Credits to buy anything.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    jeepfujeepfu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, they 'll be adding them soon, they are intended to exist.
    Thank you very much! This is the first official word I've heard on this issue! Great to hear that they'll be in the game soon. Now I can stop wondering what was going on.

...Now if we just knew when "soon" is supposed to be.

lol
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jeepfu wrote: »
    Thank you very much! This is the first official word I've heard on this issue! Great to hear that they'll be in the game soon. Now I can stop wondering what was going on.

...Now if we just knew when "soon" is supposed to be.

lol

If I knew how to make that (TM) sign, I would have done so.

But I figure this "Soon" is sooner than the "Secondary Deflector" soon.

But knowing that x < y is not very helpful, I suppose.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2014

On a Windows machine:
    1.) Goto START
    2.) In the 'Search Programs and Files' text search field, type charmap
    3.) Launch the Charmap program
    4.) Find the ™ symbol, select it, copy, paste it to the forum
    5.) ???
    6.) Profit

Soon™ is the bane of our existence

The More You Know®
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm, they may have removed them from ec vendors then.

Cryptic didn't remove kit modules form the EC vendors; they never had them in the first place. In the feedback threads in the Tribble forums, I reported several times that the EC vendors had only kits, but no kit modules, and the dilithium store had only kit modules, but no kits.

And I wouldn't trade in your fleet kits yet, not until they address the bugs.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1089701
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090071
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1085821
    That's a complicated question. Powers in our game work by having a Magnitude (how strong their effect is) and then looking up that Magnitude at the level of the item activating that power. The Magnitude of Purple Modules in S9 is equal to the Magnitude of Rank III powers on kits in S8. Mark XII kits previously are actually only level 50 items, even though most of our Mark XII items are item-level 60. New Mark XI and XII Modules are item-level 55 and 60, respectively, so they are actually stronger than Rank III powers in previously Mark X-XII kits.

TLDR; From Marks I-X, Purple Module (new system) = Rank III Power (old system). For Marks XI and XII, Purple Module (New system) > Rank III Power (old system).

The tooltips don't quite match what adjudicatorhawk says above. It may be a tooltip bug only, or there may be an actual inconsistency in the abilities themselves. Some Mk XI modules are level 54, while others are level 55. Some Mk XII modules are level 59, while others level are 60. This bug was present in the old kit system as well. Some abilities on old Mk X kits are level 49, while others are level 50.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wouldn't get too worked up about how strong the new kit setups are, as overall, it's still the same PvE content that more or less, is a bit less steamrolled over now, due to the Trait changes. Ground Kits won't suddenly make it impossible to do content, as any 5 man STF type content, relies still more upon teamwork and knowledge, than just gear alone.

And I'd stop griping so much about it folks, this will be nothing, when the devs finally decide to raise the level cap, (maybe) to 60, and then we have to do the grinds for all new gear, or Crated amplified gear, or something such that 'will' make the current gear levels, obsolete.

Imagine all the (censored) complaints then. And even still then, it doesn't mean game play will be undoable, like it wasn't undoable from day one, when the game went live onto Holodeck.

Sheesh, stop thinking the world is ending when something changes, or the devs release something incomplete. Akin mentioned of the warp cores and singularity cores, new stuff will be released that augments the new Kit setups, and probably with powers that will be even cooler than imagined currently.

I'll play with the positive reinforcement card, since I'm tired as it is, with all the (censored) that peppers the Forums, from people that aren't the game programmers, or lawyers that have to deal with CBS. In other words: please be patient for gawd sakes. :rolleyes: (And all that with my own game gripes as well, to be certain. The Romulan Embassy Boffs in their PUKE green uniforms, that can't be changed out of, being my primary currently. PW customer service more than well, another.)

And, oh yes, lets remember that this is a game, that can still all go away like Star Wars Galaxies did, so 'try' to enjoy it, rather than gripe too much at it. I mean, it's Kits here in the end, don't get over-wound up about it. :cool:
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It does seem a bit stupid, i'm glad i started my tac character before the new season hit!

On another note, Can you get the new Undine Modules on the exchange? I can't seem to find them for the life of me..
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It does seem a bit stupid, i'm glad i started my tac character before the new season hit!

On another note, Can you get the new Undine Modules on the exchange? I can't seem to find them for the life of me..
    Only if people are selling them. But you apparently have to search all.

Oh and the new Assimilation is PRETTY! :D I love the new Borg interior.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is there a place I could trade my Omega Store kits (from before introduction of reputation) for new ones?
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nope. The Omega Store X kits are just the same as the crafted ones. You can't trade them for anything, and since the Omega one are bound, they're nothing more than vendortrash once you replace them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Oh and the new Assimilation is PRETTY! :D I love the new Borg interior.

Hmmmm, maybe your local IKEA store has a nice assimilated bathroom or kitchen for you:confused:
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Alt-0153. Works Every Time™. ;)
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I compared a few powers on my purple Mk X Fire Team Kit with stuff on the exchange.

Basically my old kit's powers are roughly on par with purple Mk XI modules. So unless you can substitute each of your old purple kit's powers with purple Mk XI modules it's pointless to even bother.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    I compared a few powers on my purple Mk X Fire Team Kit with stuff on the exchange.

Basically my old kit's powers are roughly on par with purple Mk XI modules. So unless you can substitute each of your old purple kit's powers with purple Mk XI modules it's pointless to even bother.
    except for the stat buffs that you get from the frame. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Which aren't going to be much of a boost if you slot nothing but white or green mods.

Unless you happen to be one of those players who rarely use kit powers... ;)
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014

They are. Make sure you're not searching under "Kit", they don't have a category for it yet. They also don't match the names in the dev blog exactly - I bought the "Biotech Antiproton Turret" (as the blog called it) this past weekend, and it's actually a "Biotech Turret".

Loving the new kit system as a result of this - I have a level 60 Flamethrower turret (which occasionally has 2 pulse turret friends), 1-3 quantum mortars, a seeker drone, and now another turret. Pewing all the pews!