test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where are Kit Modules?

zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Academy
So far the only place I have been able to find them has been the Dilithium vendor and on the Exchange. And since asking in game has proven completely pointless, I'll ask here:

Where do you buy the Modules for the new kits?
Post edited by zaynar on

Comments

• Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm wondering this myself. They can't just be found on the Exchange and for dilithium... can they?
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I haven't looked to far as I have only just got my new kit but you can also get them at your fleet embassy if you are in one. It would have been nice if they added a few modules as a re-run reward of the FE too.
  • Options
    teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I believe the modules (and frames I think) can drop from mobs in ground combat zones as well.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cheapos from EC vendors, slightly better from dil store, some superior ones from fleet embassy and spire, and some nice ones from the new lockbox. Enemies have a chance to drop random common-very rare modules. There are also a few that unlock in the Undine reputation later.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cheapos from EC vendors, slightly better from dil store, some superior ones from fleet embassy and spire, and some nice ones from the new lockbox. Enemies have a chance to drop random common-very rare modules. There are also a few that unlock in the Undine reputation later.

So far I have only found the EC vendor that sells the new kits, but not the modules.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm, they may have removed them from ec vendors then.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Patch Notes:
    "Basic Common-quality Kits and Modules are available from Ground vendors for Energy Credits"

However...
    I have looked at both ESD and DS9 and I only found them at the dilitium vendor. They are starting to come through the exchange, albeit rather pricy ATM.

These need to be added to the EC vendors ASAP
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Patch Notes:
    "Basic Common-quality Kits and Modules are available from Ground vendors for Energy Credits"

However...
    I have looked at both ESD and DS9 and I only found them at the dilitium vendor. They are starting to come through the exchange, albeit rather pricy ATM.

These need to be added to the EC vendors ASAP
    you want them THAT bad.... go play the Cardie mission in the Badlands. It's reward is a kit frame and a kit module.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    gtx9000gtx9000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Purple Mark XII Kit Modules?

I'm still looking for those:

Exothermic Induction Field Mk XII

Electro-Gravitic Field Mk XII

but the Spire and Embassy Vendor aren't offering those :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's just like what happened when they introduced warp cores. There were scarce at first, but eventually the drops started coming in. I've been getting a small amount of them here and there, but it shouldn't be too long before the exchange fills up. In the meantime, just use your old kit. It works just fine until you can piece together one of the new kits.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    Dilithium store has mk xi rares. Spire and Embassy have 3 total mk xii ultra rares. Trade in your old kits for 1x mk12 uncommon, 3x mk12 very rares and 1x mk12 ultra rare each on all 3 old kits for each class.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Now there is an excuse to try ground elite STFs to try and get random mk XII purple drops.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    So ok we have a hand full of Ultra rare available at the Fleet holdings, so wheres the rest of them?
    And Wheres the incentive for me to trade in my current Romulan embassy one?
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    jeepfujeepfu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I too am unable to locate Kit Modules for EC.

The "What's New in Season 9" message clearly states:
    Basic common quality Kits and Modules are available from vendors for Energy Credits.

I've checked ESD, Romulan Command, First City, K7 and DS9 to no avail.

Can't really built a new Kit at this point without spending a bloody fortune.

Though I feel bad for new characters. No access to Kit power unless they get a drop.

At this point I am assuming this is a bug but I have yet to find any confirmation on that.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How do you even search for them on the exchange? The only way I have been able to, is by dragging one of the Undine modules I already have into the search box, and doing a search for ALL items. I can't even find the category they are supposed to be under!

The "Kits" category under personal equipment doesn't work. Reward packs doesn't work, so does half a dozen other categories I searched. I give up.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can find modules in the exchange, however you have to get into some detail. rank, quality, and type must all be included.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Kit modules??? just playing. At least the common ones.

They are regular drops in-game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    So ok we have a hand full of Ultra rare available at the Fleet holdings, so wheres the rest of them?

You would be a fool if you don't trade in your old fleet kits. What reason would you have to keep the old ones?
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    where do you go to trade in your old kits?
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I second this question.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sqwished wrote: »

This is the issue I'm having. So far, the Spire and the Embassy only have a Module or two for sale, but I can't find the ones i need. They said that you should be able to set up your new kits the same as your old ones, but without being able to find the Mk XII modules to buy, it makes it kind of difficult, especially since they never made a fleet version of the close combat kit.

Are any of the modules actually different? So far, the tac powers all seem to work the exact same for me.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are any of the modules actually different? So far, the tac powers all seem to work the exact same for me.

The only new/different powers only available from modules are the ones from the Undine Lockbox and the Counter Command reputation. The others might have their magnitudes fiddled with a bit (and the flamethrower turret got its tooltip enhanced), but that's about it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

You trade them in at the same holding you got them from. If you have all 3 you trade 2 in at spire and one in at embassy. There will be a trade tab and you can get the new version of the kit you have now loaded out with modules.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The only new/different powers only available from modules are the ones from the Undine Lockbox and the Counter Command reputation. The others might have their magnitudes fiddled with a bit (and the flamethrower turret got its tooltip enhanced), but that's about it.

that's really disappointing, I thought they were going to be revamping the whole system, hence that Dev thread for power feedback. Is there at least a place to get the MK XII fleet modules? The Embassy and the Spire only had one or two that I saw.
  • Options
    rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Kit modules??? just playing. At least the common ones.

They are regular drops in-game.

What missions are you playing to get the drops, I have played missions so far and not got any.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rocmist wrote: »
    What missions are you playing to get the drops, I have played missions so far and not got any.

Any ground mission. Go to nimbus III, for example. I gathered about 5-6 kit modules mk V - VI in about 10 minutes (my usual run in nimbus III). Im sure they are just TRIBBLE (they are white quality), but well, someone asked where to get kit modules, there is your answer lol.
  • Options
    rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any ground mission. Go to nimbus III, for example. I gathered about 5-6 kit modules mk V - VI in about 10 minutes (my usual run in nimbus III). Im sure they are just TRIBBLE (they are white quality), but well, someone asked where to get kit modules, there is your answer lol.

Thanks edgecrysger!

For a starting point at least I will have some modules loaded out and over time can add better ones, as I start to find them :)
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They'll start to trickle into circulation, I don't think there's any rush to switch over, so I'm sticking with what I've got for now (which is admittedly pretty decent).
    I think its going to be a more gradual change over, if you want it NOW I think it'll be a bit pricey.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »
    You would be a fool if you don't trade in your old fleet kits. What reason would you have to keep the old ones?

The reason being I would be worse off using what currently available because the Ultra rare fleet versions of the modules that I want for my kit are no where to be found! So until they're available I'll hang on to my Romulan fire team kit.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    This is the issue I'm having. So far, the Spire and the Embassy only have a Module or two for sale, but I can't find the ones i need. They said that you should be able to set up your new kits the same as your old ones, but without being able to find the Mk XII modules to buy, it makes it kind of difficult, especially since they never made a fleet version of the close combat kit.

I could build the kit I want but its power would be reduced to below what I currently have with my MK XII embassy one. So why should I waste time and money putting a sub standard kit together! They should have made all the modules available when they released the kit revamp. But I'm guessing cryptic are going to hold off releasing them until they decide to hand us another fleet holding maybe with season 9.5.