Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 23, 2014) [Complete]

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I'm workin' on it! :)

Afterall, any bugs affect me too. I'm your Community Manager, but I'm also your fellow player. It is in my very best interest to help with solving bugs.

It's always good to hear back from the Community Manager.. :) Even when you can't immediately do something, it's at least good to hear and know you're on the ball.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    :eek:

Sounds a lot like my job as Grand Vizier, only with less goatee-stroking. :D

Hail Ba'al!

I appreciate the the commitment to fixing bugs the first time; I am a firm believer in fixing stuff right rather than fixing it NOWNOWNOW.

Also, did Tacofangs get my note thanking him for his truly awesome artwork, and the attached Ha'tak battleship (complete with golden throne, soldiers, servants, concubines, resurrection sarcophagus, cool tech, and WEAPONS)?

Hail Ba'al!
    Worffan! Hi! The gift of a battleship is currently stationed safely within my fleet. I'm sure one of my messengers informed him of it. After all, it is such a nice battleship to keep...

In regards to the bugs, since I'm no longer an engineer after an unnamed warp core breech *cough* my job is reporting bugs from different communication venues including the forums. But I'll do my darndest' to make it happen!
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can we at least add the broken joystick support issue to the list of known faults?

It's a kinda big issue for accessibility reasons.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    . If you got the Hirogen Armor, don't tell anyone and enjoy getting it for cheap. :D

You mean getting it at a more reasonable price or the price it should have been to begin with.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    are we there yet?
  • Options
    tribeslegendtribeslegend Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anyone else having issues with damage? I did a Breach(Elite), or atleast attempted right before the server went down, and the Voth ship with all the turrets in the beginning is just OP! now, it melts your shields in no time, and you die like 2-3 times before you can get it down. Rediculous, i have done breach like a million times, and it was NEVER that hard. maybe a issue to be looked at? idk.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    fakefive wrote: »
    are we there yet?
    Don't make me turn this starship back around!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    kazabok wrote: »
    Can we at least add the broken joystick support issue to the list of known faults?

It's a kinda big issue for accessibility reasons.
    I've been getting a lot of reports about a joystick issue. We are currently working on gathering up more information about the specifics.
  • Options
    windwalker1973windwalker1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why after all the new patches being download for Season 9 yesterday is there a maintanace being done? Now have to wait for another 2hrs before I can play why all the maintance being down its a great game by far the most best game I have played. But the constant maintance being done is ridiculous
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I try not to be this general, but I think the issue with joystick support can be summed up in one word.

Bad.

I don't think STO would play very well with one, but even making the attempt was a nightmare that even I finally walked away from.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Worffan! Hi! The gift of a battleship is currently stationed safely within my fleet. I'm sure one of my messengers informed him of it. After all, it is such a nice battleship to keep...

In regards to the bugs, since I'm no longer an engineer after an unnamed warp core breech *cough* my job is reporting bugs from different communication venues including the forums. But I'll do my darndest' to make it happen!

Mistress, as Grand Vizier to Supreme System Lord Sovereign Ba'al, may His vampire cape always be most malevolently black, I must insist that the battlecruiser be delivered to Most Honored High Suzerain Tacofangs at either his current address or the Supreme Potentate's palace we set aside for him on Gamma Centauri VII, which is a pleasure palace.

Congratulations, Tacofangs! You are now Supreme Potentate of the entire greatest pleasure planet in the Sovereign's vast empire! It's a cushy figurehead position with lots of gold and a vast palace and lots of concubines and servants; all you basically do is lie down and get fed grapes by suitably photogenic servants, dressed in your choice of skimpy bikinis, Speedos, or oil. Which gives you plenty of time to give us more beautiful in-game art!

Hail Ba'al!

:D

(Wow. This running joke just gets better and better...)
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anyone else having issues with damage? I did a Breach(Elite), or atleast attempted right before the server went down, and the Voth ship with all the turrets in the beginning is just OP! now, it melts your shields in no time, and you die like 2-3 times before you can get it down. Rediculous, i have done breach like a million times, and it was NEVER that hard. maybe a issue to be looked at? idk.

maybe we were in same game, I had same problems, dying over & over where I never did before, but I also suspect it has something to do with server / game lag because most of the time I was having trouble even ending full impulse, forced to shift+r at least 3 times for it to work.

I have a decent ISP connexion and a prety good PC too :

Asus Sabertooth 2011 MB, i7 3820, 16GB ram, ASUS HD7970 3GB graphic card, intel 335 SSD 180GB + 240 GB, Netgear prosafe modem+router (not those bad isp box with phone + internet)

so a few gralphic updates cannot realy slow me that much.
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I'm workin' on it! :)

Afterall, any bugs affect me too. I'm your Community Manager, but I'm also your fellow player. It is in my very best interest to help with solving bugs.

Good day Captain,

I just wanted to point out something that I ran into last night.

Was setting up a private match for Undine Assualt with 4 Feds & 1 KDF, when I went to create the private match nothing happened. I did it about 3 times then asked someone else to try and create the private and they had the same problem. The KDF General decided to switch sides so we were able to just join a the que.

After that mission we went into an ISE and had to create another private as we had 1 KDF and did so with no problem.

I think it was due to the new stf UFA that we couldn't create a private? Just thought I'd let you know.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    I try not to be this general, but I think the issue with joystick support can be summed up in one word.

Bad.

I don't think STO would play very well with one, but even making the attempt was a nightmare that even I finally walked away from.

I've played with both and I think it is just a matter of preference. I made the move to a keyboard when I started playing WOW almost a decade ago (God, I'm old). It took time to get used to the KB, but now I cannot imagine going back to a joystick. It is nice to have the option though so I can see why some people are upset. Once you get used to something, it is very hard to try something different. I don't think I was comfortable with the KB until a good year had passed.

It seems like a decent portion of the game population uses joysticks so it would be good to see the support return.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    doyouw wrote: »
    Since you started trolling him, even if I dont fully agree with him, it's you man that should shut up for once and go troll elsewhere ;)

this post is for people having troubles with game or that want to talk about sheduled maintenance change / fix.

obviously you have nothing on those pts to talk about so do something else plz... maybe if you look in a Mirror you'll find realy interesting things to laugh at ;)

speaking of trolls here is another one lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Bad.

I have problems with my hands, caused by illness, I use a logitech G13:

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-gb/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

It's much less painful than trying to use the keyboard WASD for me.

I also have a more traditional joystick and I can understand why you wouldn't want to use that for STO.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think I may have been misunderstood.

I support joystick support.

I find it lacking.

I failed to get it working consistently. I could get it to work sometimes poorly, and other times not at all. I'm not the goddess of joysticks, but I tend to know my stuff so if I had as many problems as I did your average person has no chance.

I just don't mention it because I don't think I'd usually use one anyway, as I like my mouse/keyboard.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Do the devs know about the new trait bug with the undine lockbox, where the traits for ground are meant to be toggles and yet get to the end of their in power cd and auto cancel themselves?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I think I may have been misunderstood.

I support joystick support.

I find it lacking.

I failed to get it working consistently. I could get it to work sometimes poorly, and other times not at all. I'm not the goddess of joysticks, but I tend to know my stuff so if I had as many problems as I did your average person has no chance.

I just don't mention it because I don't think I'd usually use one anyway, as I like my mouse/keyboard.

I got you, but it does appear some may have misunderstood. Kaz made a good point though. People with certain disabilities may have trouble using a KB to play so a joystick is a great option. I hope Cryptic doesn't overlook this issue.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Bad.

ye gotta be smarter than the equipment you're working with..

just sayin
  • Options
    jhymesbajhymesba Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, here's a little key insight on the "what I do" regarding bugs

So with player reported issues that I'm patrolling... With a season launch, there's a lot of new content that comes player-side. If people have issues with any content, my first step isn't to just report it outright.

I need to validate it, tabulate the expected user base affected, find out if it's a widespread issue, and then localize the expected problem to a specific condition. That way, I can better support the solution to the problems. I have my eyes on the forums quite a bit. I just have a lot of data that I need to work with, especially right now. XD

And this is exactly how issue resolution needs to be handled. To everyone, their particular issue is THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE EVAR, but the most highly prioritized issues are the ones that affect the most users. If you can make your client crash by doing the hokey pokey while patting your head, yes, that is a bug, and it should eventually make it onto the list of things to fix, but it's far less important in the grand scheme of things than, say, everyone who starts up a mission having said mission mess up and/or crash on them. More data points in the problem domain can help us devs (I'm a developer, just not for this game, before you ask) and our managers pin the problem down easier and get us to fix said problem. Hopefully eventually all the bugs will be tracked down and squashed, and we can then wait for the next update with the next set of bugs.

Hell, with the amount of people crowding onto the servers, I'm not surprised there are bugs. Just look at the frackup Healthcare.gov got into...I predict case study in the future there. ;D
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    doyouw wrote: »
    maybe we were in same game, I had same problems, dying over & over where I never did before, but I also suspect it has something to do with server / game lag because most of the time I was having trouble even ending full impulse, forced to shift+r at least 3 times for it to work.

Welcome to Nerfed Online, with 50% less rep power!

This is exactly what I suspected would happen: ppl will only feel the pinch of the nerf against foes that actually fight back. Since I reckon most ppl kept their offensive traits over things like hull repair, it stands to reaason a Voth Bulwark is a good candidate to make you feel the nerf.

But good news: the new player, who wanted to be on equal footing with the veteran, and was accomodated thusly, will now die right along with you.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lol u realize everyone was effected the same right?

sorry if you cant just pick all the best ones and forget it.

Now you have much more playability. you have to think about which to take where.

and you can switch for FREE.

zzzOMG nerf free.

ffs.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh great and mighty bacon wielding diety, I beseech thee:

Has the many minions under you discovered the root of my current pain, the fact I cannot see not slot any reputation items yet is then telling me to respec my skills?

Forsooth, is a fix in the works or will we have to languish without the boons so graciously bestowed upon us?
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why after all the new patches being download for Season 9 yesterday is there a maintanace being done? Now have to wait for another 2hrs before I can play why all the maintance being down its a great game by far the most best game I have played. But the constant maintance being done is ridiculous

To fix issues that we're found and to improve stability.

Check the patch notes for details.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tobar26th wrote: »
    To fix issues that we're found and to improve stability.

Check the patch notes for details.

Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q~!!!

make it go!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    fakefive wrote: »
    ye gotta be smarter than the equipment you're working with..

just sayin

Review some of the other posts about people with disabilities using joysticks. It's not all about being smart. Some people use them for very legitimate reasons.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Bad.

STO is not designed to play with a gamepad lol. Or a joystick. People who never played more than a couple of years in a pc and in a video console cant understand this. But i agree, its a hell to use a joystick or a gamepad in STO. Well, almost in every game. But using keyboard and mouse, i will never see a reason to use a controller, never. Unless yo have a problem in your hands or something like that. The precision of the keyboard and the mouse will never be compared with a joystick or a gamepad lol. Never.

BUT, that doesnt mean it is an important bug. Because a lot of players prefer (even if i will never understand) to play with joystick or gamepad. But cryptic stop fixing important bugs since ages ago, so. I will not expect that to be fixed very soon.. :o
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    kazabok wrote: »
    I have problems with my hands, caused by illness, I use a logitech G13:

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-gb/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

It's much less painful than trying to use the keyboard WASD for me.

I also have a more traditional joystick and I can understand why you wouldn't want to use that for STO.

I was checking out your game controller and it looks pretty neat. It would take some adjustments and time for me to get used to one, but I can see the appeal beyond ease of use for some players. I am gonna read up on a few more. Who knows? I may get one if Cryptic can address this issue and resolve it.
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Review some of the other posts about people with disabilities using joysticks. It's not all about being smart. Some people use them for very legitimate reasons.

Indeed, ma'am. Thanks for pointing this out :).
This discussion has been closed.