What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (April 23, 2014) [Complete]

1235»

Comments

• doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Welcome to Nerfed Online, with 50% less rep power!

This is exactly what I suspected would happen: ppl will only feel the pinch of the nerf against foes that actually fight back. Since I reckon most ppl kept their offensive traits over things like hull repair, it stands to reaason a Voth Bulwark is a good candidate to make you feel the nerf.

But good news: the new player, who wanted to be on equal footing with the veteran, and was accomodated thusly, will now die right along with you.

sure, but that char was sci flying the retrofit voyager, FBP, scrambles sensors, shield & hull defense maxed and using mainly defensive traits like before, in fact the only traits I gave up on were offensive ones so for that char the dps nerf shouldn't be affecting it.

I hope it was only the insane lag that caused that or....
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • sjarlatansjarlatan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any chances of fixing the fleet kar'fi carrier so we can buy fighters for it?
    No fighters that belong to that ship can be bought in game, as if game doesn't know u have a kar'fi carrier. Thanks.
  • fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Review some of the other posts about people with disabilities using joysticks. It's not all about being smart. Some people use them for very legitimate reasons.

so you're arguing against someone putting forth the same argument you're in support of, xD

reading comprehension fail
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    Oh great and mighty bacon wielding diety, I beseech thee:

Has the many minions under you discovered the root of my current pain, the fact I cannot see not slot any reputation items yet is then telling me to respec my skills?

Forsooth, is a fix in the works or will we have to languish without the boons so graciously bestowed upon us?

I tried to write up a response in appropriate olde English but alas, I could not well. For those who don't have a working Universal Translator, here is my best attempt.

Oh to ye, who stricken by pain most foul: I will tryeth to help ye en it as yarely f'r it hurts thou so.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sjarlatan wrote: »
    Any chances of fixing the fleet kar'fi carrier so we can buy fighters for it?
    No fighters that belong to that ship can be bought in game, as if game doesn't know u have a kar'fi carrier. Thanks.

What are you talking about?? you cant buy fighters for the kar'fi???? :eek:

For god sake, another ship that i was planning to buy, and again broken. What the hell cryptic, sigh. I already count about 4 ships that i cant buy from the cstore cuz they are broken in one way or another. This is ridiculous. Well, cryptic is ridiculous.
  • ellinazinovaellinazinova Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    alright we needa green light/ GREEN light Go! GO! GO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fakefive wrote: »
    so you're arguing against someone putting forth the same argument you're in support of, xD

reading comprehension fail

There is no argument here. It is not always about taste.

I think I want a game controller now.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What are you talking about?? you cant buy fighters for the kar'fi???? :eek:

For god sake, another ship that i was planning to buy, and again broken. What the hell cryptic, sigh. I already count about 4 ships that i cant buy from the cstore cuz they are broken in one way or another. This is ridiculous. Well, cryptic is ridiculous.

The C-Store Kar'fi works. The Fleet Kar'fi doesn't unlock the Kar'fi pets like the C-Store version does, however.
    edited April 2014
    Sweeet as soon as the game starts back up again im going to buy that armor for 200lobi even tho I could have got it last night for 50lobi lolz jk ill save my lobi instead don't give in to wasting lobi on armor your never going to use after the first time of using it hehe jk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I tried to write up a response in appropriate olde English but alas, I could not well. For those who don't have a working Universal Translator, here is my best attempt.

Oh to ye, who stricken by pain most foul: I will tryeth to help ye en it as yarely f'r it hurts thou so.

Oh ye bacon diety, yon attempts are most satisfactory... I hope to avail myself of your benefactorence in discovering how to quell this curse upon both our houses by your most gracious hand delving into the bug-ridden mire and bringing forth the light of knowledge to remove this plauge from thy sight
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Pffff what? :D

Seriously a lot of people, seems like a preponderance of them are Bajoran characters (including mine) are having this "Invalid Skills -need to Respec" problem, and are unable to see or select any reputation traits. I hope you find out what's happening because don't want to play the game with a hobbled character.
    There is also the seemingly related issue of the racial trait pool disappearing... the only traits my Bajoran Engineer can see are those that I had slotted before S9... I can't see any other racial traits at all.

Stuff breaks, stuff goes wrong, I understand. Please just let us know that you're working on it. :)
    edited April 2014
    saeyn wrote: »

Seriously a lot of people, seems like a preponderance of them are Bajoran characters (including mine) are having this "Invalid Skills -need to Respec" problem, and are unable to see or select any reputation traits. I hope you find out what's happening because don't want to play the game with a hobbled character.
    There is also the seemingly related issue of the racial trait pool disappearing... the only traits my Bajoran Engineer can see are those that I had slotted before S9... I can't see any other racial traits at all.

Stuff breaks, stuff goes wrong, I understand. Please just let us know that you're working on it. :)

I'm not only working on it, but all of us in the offices are working on issues. :)
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Funny, the only character of mine who suffers from the "invalid skills" bug is a Gorn. I had the same bug many weeks ago on a Romulan though.

The difference is that S9 somehow upgraded the bug to not allow respecs to work. Although using a respec token to fix a bug is not really a good solution, but at least it worked.

Another strange thing is that after logging onto the Gorn, all my characters show a thin Gorn as their picture in the character selection, I remember having my Gorn that way years ago until I made him into a giant lizard monster.
    edited April 2014
    well people are going to loose a lot of there "Set Ups' for there characters and ships. I understand that this is frustrating but can be enjoyable resetting the edge on profession players so they re think there builds, and is easier for someone new and do not know how mechanics of this game work to learn and adapt to new game content customization is key in a game it makes it more fun the more things I can customize keeps me hook and opens up new game styles. if only we can customize guns and shields and engines, but that would put no point for ship sets from rep systems idk im just blabbing on wheeeeeee Stinkfisk!!

Start Game NOW!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not only working on it, but all of us in the offices are working on issues. :)

Also the Gorn 'invalid skills' bug and the Rom/Rem non-removable traits that don't exist issues I would hope.
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Perfect, thank you! Hope y'all can get it sorted out.

Edit: Yes on the KDF side, seems like it's mostly Gorn that are having the problem, from what I've seen on the bugs forum.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Edit: Yes on the KDF side, seems like it's mostly Gorn that are having the problem, from what I've seen on the bugs forum.

I wonder if somehow the game thinks my Gorn is an earlier version of himself, below level 50. That would explain the invalid skills (it's impossible to have invalid skills anyway) and the fact that respecs won't work. That could also explain why I see a much earlier character model everywhere. :eek:
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Letheans too...believe me...
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Gorn, Lethean, and (from what I've seen in forum) some Bajorans
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Eight minutes to go. Any takers on a maintenance extension?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Eight minutes to go. Any takers on a maintenance extension?

Errrr... do you accept bets made of Tribbles?
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Funny, the only character of mine who suffers from the "invalid skills" bug is a Gorn.

(...) Another strange thing is that after logging onto the Gorn, all my characters show a thin Gorn as their picture in the character selection, I remember having my Gorn that way years ago until I made him into a giant lizard monster.

"It isn't bugs that are harming your skills. It's the errors in the code that are doing it." -- Al Gorn
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And I am in!!:D
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Errrr... do you accept bets made of Tribbles?

At current exchange rates, the Tribble is low against the Energy Credit. But yes, I will.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited April 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! We have also gotten notice that another update was made to the patch that made any new Fleet Kit Modules set to bind on pick up. Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!
    ~LaughingTrendy
This discussion has been closed.