Can't respec or spend skill points. [Investigating]

Comments

• racernineracernine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Gorn Eng is also bugged.
  • reach4stars7reach4stars7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »
    Just checking a theory - can y'all please post whether the affected characters are the first character you logged in with after the patch? I don't know how that would change it, but if there's a commonality here, it might help Cryptic out.

My Bajoran was my second character to log in, but Bajorans seem to be among those bugged. Ugh, the problem is not even in the patch notes!
  • fredmcfeelyrogrsfredmcfeelyrogrs Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Bajoran was my second character to log in, but Bajorans seem to be among those bugged. Ugh, the problem is not even in the patch notes!

Yeah my primary character is Bajoran and it was naturally the first one I logged in with. Guess that means I'm doubly screwed. I'm beginning to feel betrayed by the Founders if you know what I'm sayin'.
    edited April 2014
    Also, how can we make sure this problem will be noticed by the men upstairs?
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also, how can we make sure this problem will be noticed by the men upstairs?

A dev posted in the original GD thread saying he'd bring it to the team's attention.
    Yeah my primary character is Bajoran and it was naturally the first one I logged in with. Guess that means I'm doubly screwed. I'm beginning to feel betrayed by the Founders if you know what I'm sayin'.

Please keep in mind that the "first logged in" theory was just a theory, and it's looking a bit dubious.

Also, it's the Prophets. The Founders are for the Jem'hadar. :P
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hm, lots of Bajorans apparently. Mine is bugged too. Not my Gorn, though.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    locustux wrote: »
    Same here. Respec only closes the window

Same problem so far only with my Bajoran (knock on wood).
  • dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's definitely not just the first character to log in. The first character I tried was bugged, second was fine, third and fourth I didn't look too hard because they've not got any rep traits and the fifth was bugged.
    edited April 2014

Also, it's the Prophets. The Founders are for the Jem'hadar. :P

Of course, I was thinking the founders of the game and conflated the two. My. Bad.
  • stonetheimpalorstonetheimpalor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Look at you skill tab, below right there must be a little respec button.
    Click it, respec and it worksa again. at least it did for my 4 toons ;)
    edited April 2014
    Look at you skill tab, below right there must be a little respec button.
    Click it, respec and it worksa again. at least it did for my 4 toons ;)

If you could read the existing posts that would be great
    Respec does not work.
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you could read the existing posts that would be great
    Respec does not work.

This, believe it or not people did actually try this before making a bug report. It would be nice to get a response to this seeing as I now can' play on my main character.

Also 19 hours and still no response to the ticket I filed.
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    This, believe it or not people did actually try this before making a bug report. It would be nice to get a response to this seeing as I now can' play on my main character.

Also 19 hours and still no response to the ticket I filed.

You're surprised after only 19 hours? It's taken me 48 or more to get responses on tickets.
    edited April 2014
    saeyn wrote: »
    You're surprised after only 19 hours? It's taken me 48 or more to get responses on tickets.

Not really its just irritating that I can't do anything on my main character of 4+ years.
    edited April 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Not really its just irritating that I can't do anything on my main character of 4+ years.

Wait, does this actually stop you doing anything? I know it interferes with selecting rep traits, but I wasn't aware it prevented anything else.
    edited April 2014
    I show as having no skill points allocated when I use the trainer on Qo'nos, usually when you try to respec you can change one skill at a time from whats allocated.
  • sigismund0sigismund0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My gorn alt has also been screwed over, still cannot respec or pick ground/space traits even though there was a patch today also no mention of this in patch notes or known issues, I am cancelling my subscription to this game until they stop coming out with new bugged content and FIX THE GAME THATS ALREADY THERE!!!!!

WARNING STO STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY BELOW 50 PERCENT!
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Got the same problem on my Ferengi. She also appears to be missing a bunch of personal traits that should be available to her (to the point that she can only fill 7 of the 8 personal trait slots despite being level 50).
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is a minor issue... fix controller/joystick support first.
    @Powerblast in game
  • sdavistatorsdavistator Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    This is a minor issue... fix controller/joystick support first.

Minor Issue??? Not being able to play a character?? You can use a keyboard and a mouse. The rest of us are dead in the water.
  • ussdanubeussdanube Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    AYe i have the same problem, just for thr record i'm a Bajoran tac. my humans seem unaffected
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yup, having the same issue on my Gorn. I've cleared and reallocated my skills several times and can never hit accept. I've also noticed that I can't always remove points from after I have put them in. Several times I have accidentally put too many points into something but was not able to remove them.
    edited April 2014
    Well it seems this bug is racist vs Gorn, Bajorian and Letheans which is weird.
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I defentally know its not first character that gets hit with the bug. I loged in first time after season with either my Caitain Engineer or my Ferasan Engineer or Tactical Char. Looked though all my chars and the only one that was affected was my sole Bajoran Engineer.
    edited April 2014
    Do Bajorian, Gorn or Letheans have anything in common trait wise that could be causing this I wonder?
  • warsyde1warsyde1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Also suffering from this bug on my Lethean Tac, level 50. He was the last of my characters to be logged in. Only 7 personal traits display, so he can't even fill up the 8 slots available. Can't assign reputation traits as skills invalid, respec required, but respec doesn't work.

I've gone to the skill trainer and re-assigned all my skill points, click accept, nothing happens. Tried re-logging, zoning, changing instances, whatever. No change.

Fortunately for me, this is my least played character. My condolences for those with crippled mains.
  • goldfreak1goldfreak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It says my skills are invalid with my Ferengi engineer, so the "only Bajoran, Gorn, and Lethean" theory is false. Just out of curiosity, did all of the affected races used to be (or still are) C-Store races?
  • deathstalker89deathstalker89 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I posted a bug report last night no sign of it today. I have a Reman tact, Romuian tact and a alien tact officers that cant respect or add any space rep trait or ground rep trait or active traits and I have all level 5 reps except for the new undine.
    edited April 2014
    goldfreak1 wrote: »
    It says my skills are invalid with my Ferengi engineer, so the "only Bajoran, Gorn, and Lethean" theory is false. Just out of curiosity, did all of the affected races used to be (or still are) C-Store races?

Gorn, Lethean and Bajorian are all default races, available since day 1.
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gorn Science, 1st and only character I have logged on since patch, bugged