beerxhyper wrote: »
    maybe the iconians are both genders in one aka the hermaphrodites lol

We prefer the term pansexual, tyvm.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »

The proper term is asexual, actually, since a monogendered species would only be capable of asexual reproduction. Pansexual means multiple gender types (more than two).
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The proper term is asexual, actually, since a monogendered species would only be capable of asexual reproduction. Pansexual means implies multiple gender types (more than two).

Star Trek has various species of multiple gender types (Andorians, and presumably Rigelians). We love them all.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    allanon1974allanon1974 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    in truth "asexual" means no sexual organs at all... It implies no sexual reproduction.

The correct term for a person with traits of both genders in a race with normally distinct genders is "intersexual".

If the race exhibits both genders in an individual as a default (I.E: snails, worms, etc...) the correct term is "Hermaphrodite".
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    in truth "asexual" means no sexual organs at all... It implies no sexual reproduction.

The correct term for a person with traits of both genders in a race with normally distinct genders is "intersexual".

If the race exhibits both genders in an individual as a default (I.E: snails, worms, etc...) the correct term is "Hermaphrodite".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexual_reproduction
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    What if they're like the Asari?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Am I the only one who noticed they appear to be made of CRYSTAL?

Now as a geologist I can categorically state there are no male or female crystals :D.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    artan42 wrote: »

Now as a geologist I can categorically state there are no male or female crystals :D.

All those little Tholians and Hortas gotta come from somewhere, don't they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    All those little Tholians and Hortas gotta come from somewhere, don't they?

Crystallisation of lava :D.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    has anyone considered they ,ay be a race that reproduces in another fashion, and that sex as we know it i.e. male and female could be irrelevenat and infact an alien idea to them.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I went to school with a girl named Crystal. So take your Geology degree and shove it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I went to school with a girl named Crystal. So take your Geology degree and shove it.

LOLOLOL...

Funny.
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Cue a geochemist telling you you're wrong, generally how it goes. ;-)

Also, I feel this mineral is appropriate now.

I apologise.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Consider it shoved :D.... oh :eek:.

It's always the way :(, they also take up all the lab space and hog the diamond lasers :rolleyes:.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I apologise.

That's not funny. That's not funny at all.

*Snickers.*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    johankreig wrote: »
    has anyone considered they ,ay be a race that reproduces in another fashion, and that sex as we know it i.e. male and female could be irrelevenat and infact an alien idea to them.

What do you think I've been saying?
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That might hurt a little down there, don't you think? Solid rock....OUCH!
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I apologise.

Shame on you. :D
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kinda sidenote but the lady-like-thing reminded me of the lady-like-robot-thing from one of the Animatrix episodes (Golden body green eyes etc?)

Thought id share.. D:

YES! So I'm not the only one that saw that!

As far as the voice, I was totally reminded of this (give it a few seconds after he starts speaking for it to change)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RujvfS7g0P4

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ssargon wrote: »
    Hmmn. The redder concept was sexier imo. Probably because red. Or that concept art tends to look better than the final product. One way or another, Evil is sexy.

Red would not have worked all that well against the inundation of red that is Qo'noS, though, so I can see why the devs didn't go with that for that scene. Maybe we will see other colors at other times...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Too funny. This is why I read forum threads. :D
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    Red would not have worked all that well against the inundation of red that is Qo'noS, though, so I can see why the devs didn't go with that for that scene. Maybe we will see other colors at other times...

That makes sense.