test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Congrats Cryptic Team

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
May I congratulate Cryptic Dev team on a very nice Season 9 !!!
I logged in and I was almost whole evening spending my time in STO !!!

First : First the new undine Team Play, it was fun first time ever I had fun, we used STF Tactics and we scored big time and had a lot of fun in the sphere, it was nice for a change !!!

In team mode this mission like a step between stars it's too easy if you gear up right and have to defeat the enemy's it is too easy in a team, and I would aspected more team options but there wasn't.

We all had fun at the moment very nice done Dev Team !!!

Second : The New Accord

First we did it alone and had fun one of us was sitting with his tongue out off his mouth behind the screen, the other was talking like he was part of it, I was sitting on the edge of my chair enjoying the game play !!!

Not gonna set part a part because I or we loved the whole episode... And finally there is peace hope they gonna build on it and continue with it.

Third : The new Borg Episodes

This was very good written couldn't do better myself, it made sense for once, only the end price wasn't very much Mk XI Purple shield array, a armor piece set and the borg firing arm was good the other two wasn't well received because we already had stuff like it from fleet gear.
But the torpedo was nice I must say have to test it out but I like it.

What I missed was a duty officer thing in those missions ....
The rest of the new stuff have to try out have not done it yet, but I spend a great deal of my time with a lot of fun ....

Also I like to suggest to add the same missions in a team mode focused on team play if you would consider it, it would be nice to have an addition like that...

So thank you Cryptic for un very good season 9 and Congratulations !!! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would like to second this, I can say the borg missions were for once, a pleasure to play through and I can see myself doing it again for the torpedo (i like shooting borg),m many thanks for some of the best updates and changes yet (and I like the trait/rep powers changes unlike many)
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok i can offically say great job cryptic you gave me the final reason to never visit the Dyson Sphere ever again.

I used to run the daily Allied Zone Joint Command on all my toons as it was a nice way to earn 820 Dil plus 20 Dyson Sphere Marks just by running a rep project that lasted 20 hours but oh no you couldn't leave that alone could you and sneaked in a dil nerf with the removal of the commendation reward which i was aware of but now you have to hand over 50 dyson sphere marks on the same 20 hour cooldown but at a LOWER 500 dil reward and zero marks.

Now to insult us even more you can trade in your extra commendations you might have left over for a fantastic reward of 45 marks, so you don't even get enough marks to run the new dil project which i won't be running anymore anyway as its now 320dil less in S9 and no extra sphere marks.

So a great big thumbs up for sneaking that one in and its only day 1 so i'm sure there will be plenty more issues

Every new season you feel the need to just nerf us players more and more and to think i was stupid enough to buy a lifetime membership to a game that keeps on insulting us, i just wished that maybe just once i would be wrong to expect the worst.

The only good thing i have to say about S9 is that i enjoyed the featured episode
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Space Battle Zone is utterly broken BTW.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    if u want to moan folks can you please do it on one of the other many threads that are for that, this topic was done clearly for those of us who think they have done a good job, please take your moaning to one side.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The new FE was amazing, but a tad long. They could of broken that into 3 episodes and actually had the start of a season. To try and get all of the stuff, is gonig to take FOREVER.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    do you realy want ALL the stuff tho, tbh the console will do me.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    johankreig wrote: »
    do you realy want ALL the stuff tho, tbh the console will do me.

Well got the space trait, gonna pick up a ground kit per character then the console. Least 3 times a piece.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I wasn't aware that SWTOR sold lifetime subs. :eek:

Oh the salty dogs who've been here since minute one are hollering at the top of their lungs that they can't have all their abilities they have ground out and unlocked to use all at once anymore.

Biggest bunch of whiners lve seen and coming from BSGO and WoT, that's saying something.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    First : First the new undine Team Play, it was fun first time ever I had fun, we used STF Tactics and we scored big time and had a lot of fun in the sphere, it was nice for a change !!!
    :D

Lol. If this REALLY was the first time ever you had fun with this game you should have considered to play something else a VERY LONG time ago.

They did a nice job with the new content though. There are some issues that still need to be resolved (space battlezone) as well as some 'questionable' changes to gameplay but overall it's been a decent update.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    there always will be bugs that they miss at the begining, but thanks to a solid and dependable player base, we are able to find them and report them faster than the devs could ever do (several thousand of us to what 20 of them)
  • Options
    rock3tmanrock3tman Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I will agree, the featured episode was AMAZING!! So very thrilling and action all the way just like a Star Trek episode. I loved the whole "previously on Star Trek Online" intro, that made me smile it was like I was watching a real episode!

All in all I am happy with season 9, just a tad disappointed with the Iconian look, I expected something more evil looking.

But thanks Cryptic, well done!

BTW: Spacedock looks stunning. :-D
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    gerudon wrote: »
    The Space Battle Zone is utterly broken BTW.

Could you explain what is broken, because all I find out that I couldn't see my cannon fire then I discovered all setting are reset so try to see your setting first, and the dyson space battle works fine. Greets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    leescotty wrote: »
    Ok i can offically say great job cryptic you gave me the final reason to never visit the Dyson Sphere ever again.

I used to run the daily Allied Zone Joint Command on all my toons as it was a nice way to earn 820 Dil plus 20 Dyson Sphere Marks just by running a rep project that lasted 20 hours but oh no you couldn't leave that alone could you and sneaked in a dil nerf with the removal of the commendation reward which i was aware of but now you have to hand over 50 dyson sphere marks on the same 20 hour cd but at a LOWER 500 dil and zero marks.

Now to add more insult you can trade in your extra commendations you might have left over for a fantastic reward of 45 marks, so you don't even get enough marks to run the new dil project which i won't be running anymore anyways as its now 320dil less in S9 and no extra sphere marks.

So a great big thumbs up for sneaking that one in and its only day 1 so i'm sure there will be plenty more issues

Every new season you feel the need to just nerf us players more and more and to think i was stupid enough to buy a lifetime membership to a game that keeps on insulting us

All rewards coming directly in your inventory depending what your score is so sitting around or flying around won't earn much !!! If your score is high enough you earn well !!
    So it's finally done with AFK people, so stop whining and start shooting !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I wasn't aware that SWTOR sold lifetime subs. :eek:

Hahahah yeah me either
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Could you explain what is broken, because all I find out that I couldn't see my cannon fire then I discovered all setting are reset so try to see your setting first, and the dyson space bettle works fine. Greets

- timers do not work
    - planet killers are not spawing even though all zones have been conquered
    - Voth fleet at the end doesn't give any rewards and different timers are overlapping

I had a few working runs yesterday but today I haven't been able to find a single working space battle zone.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Oh the salty dogs who've been here since minute one are hollering at the top of their lungs that they can't have all their abilities they have ground out and unlocked to use all at once anymore.

Biggest bunch of whiners lve seen and coming from BSGO and WoT, that's saying something.

They also whining because they can't go AFK anymore they have to do something now otherwise they won't get something...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited April 2014
    szim wrote: »
    Lol. If this REALLY was the first time ever you had fun with this game you should have considered to play something else a VERY LONG time ago.

They did a nice job with the new content though. There are some issues that still need to be resolved (space battlezone) as well as some 'questionable' changes to gameplay but overall it's been a decent update.

Nah you have fun but you also got fun fun, the trek feeling raised with 50% last night !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited April 2014
    rock3tman wrote: »
    I will agree, the featured episode was AMAZING!! So very thrilling and action all the way just like a Star Trek episode. I loved the whole "previously on Star Trek Online" intro, that made me smile it was like I was watching a real episode!

All in all I am happy with season 9, just a tad disappointed with the Iconian look, I expected something more evil looking.

But thanks Cryptic, well done!

BTW: Spacedock looks stunning. :-D

( SPOILER ALERT !!! )

Did you see the Iconian at the end that crushed those klingons, that's unfair you can never hope to defeat her, unless you have powers other then a gun...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited April 2014
    szim wrote: »
    - timers do not work
    - planet killers are not spawing even though all zones have been conquered
    - Voth fleet at the end doesn't give any rewards and different timers are overlapping

I had a few working runs yesterday but today I haven't been able to find a single working space battle zone.

Have not been there today sir, Because they applying a patch, soon as i'm able I will check it out maybe I help you if I discover something, and maybe that's why they are patching right now.

Thanks for your input if Cryptic sees did they can take a look at it also, and most off the drops are rep point they directly spawn in your inventory in blue or purple boxes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    vizhoniavizhonia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think everything I've seen with this Undine release so far is the worst TRIBBLE I've seen in my whole play time here... It's all either broken or it's an ungodly hard grind for TRIBBLE payoffs.. This whole season is a strong move away from all the reasons I play STO.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, we are a lot of people living in the universe, someone must be nuts to like the new season, i guess. :eek:

What bothers me more is the title of the thread "Congrats Cryptic Team", seriously?? and people wonder why this power creep race will never end.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    The new FE was amazing, but a tad long. They could of broken that into 3 episodes and actually had the start of a season. To try and get all of the stuff, is gonig to take FOREVER.

You mean a grind?!? :D
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    May I congratulate Cryptic Dev team on a very nice Season 9 !!!
    I logged in and I was almost whole evening spending my time in STO !!!

In team mode this mission like a step between stars it's too easy if you gear up right and have to defeat the enemy's it is too easy in a team, and I would aspected more team options but there wasn't.

We all had fun at the moment very nice done Dev Team !!!

Second : The New Accord

First we did it alone and had fun one of us was sitting with his tongue out off his mouth behind the screen, the other was talking like he was part of it, I was sitting on the edge of my chair enjoying the game play !!!

Not gonna set part a part because I or we loved the whole episode... And finally there is peace hope they gonna build on it and continue with it.

Third : The new Borg Episodes

This was very good written couldn't do better myself, it made sense for once, only the end price wasn't very much Mk XI Purple shield array, a armor piece set and the borg firing arm was good the other two wasn't well received because we already had stuff like it from fleet gear.
    But the torpedo was nice I must say have to test it out but I like it.

What I missed was a duty officer thing in those missions ....
    The rest of the new stuff have to try out have not done it yet, but I spend a great deal of my time with a lot of fun ....

Also I like to suggest to add the same missions in a team mode focused on team play if you would consider it, it would be nice to have an addition like that...

So thank you Cryptic for un very good season 9 and Congratulations !!! :D

Agreed, incredibly awesome season.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    vizhonia wrote: »
    I think everything I've seen with this Undine release so far is the worst TRIBBLE I've seen in my whole play time here... It's all either broken or it's an ungodly hard grind for TRIBBLE payoffs.. This whole season is a strong move away from all the reasons I play STO.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT WHY BOTHERING TO STAY ??

We don't ask you here to play or is your mother holding a gun to your head, play son or you die ?
    Heck I don't understand you people Always complaining Always whining.
    Well scram get lost if you don't like please do :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Well, we are a lot of people living in the universe, someone must be nuts to like the new season, i guess. :eek:

What bothers me more is the title of the thread "Congrats Cryptic Team", seriously?? and people wonder why this power creep race will never end.

Because you can't make a good build the game sucks, because you lose the whole time the MMORPG sucks, because you can't effort to buy something awesome the whole world sucks.

Realy please leave don't bother to play if you don't like it, go play mario bross or something... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i played Season 9 so much yesterday my poor GPU overheated from it (coulda been from lousy air conditioning but who cares =P) seriously the whole thing was cool and the new FE was amazing but R'rekk that poor caitian during his training cruise he gets shot up by klingons then has to fight borg in the same cruise NOW in a place he thought was quiet things explode all around him poor guy has bad luck XD. also the new rep looks good like the toys and having access to the other weaponry as well from other reps is awesome as well might allow me to try some builds i have had in mind for a long time. then new ESD god.... speechless nuff said. all in all solid season Cryptic well done especially since the servers held on opening day =)
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    vizhoniavizhonia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT WHY BOTHERING TO STAY ??

We don't ask you here to play or is your mother holding a gun to your head, play son or you die ?
    Heck I don't understand you people Always complaining Always whining.
    Well scram get lost if you don't like please do :mad:

1st, I'm way too old to be living with my dead mother... Second, if you check my other threads, I've pretty much already quit with this season's changes, so why don't you take your insultive self and crawl up someone else's TRIBBLE... and if no one ever said anything negative, problems would never get fixed, so I will gripe all I want, thank you... Now take your 'Life is perfect and nothing could ever go wrong' attitude and move it to your fantasy world cause the real world does NOT work that way.
  • Options
    solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    now i am properly depressed. i cant even log in any more cause of this stupid update killing my copy of sto and it sounds like people are having fun. i sent a ticket but i dont expect to get an answer (at least not this week). it keeps saying i cant connect to the on demand patch server (odd since i have switched off the on demand patch service in the options on the launcher). i got to the point where i decided to unistall and reinstall the game. now im even more mucked up as the launcher wont even connect (even though champions online using the exact same launcher can connect no problem). using the slightly back door method of the co launcher to patch sto and have once again got it fully patched and still says i cant get in because i cant connect to the on demand patch server which is still not an actie option on my setup. i am running out of ideas and support aint helpping yet so anyone here have a clue as to how to fix this?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Can you post this in English please? You talk like Bizarro.

Are you sure you have glasses on ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]