test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgraded from Win7 32bit to 64bit

As the title says, Tonight I upgraded from Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit.

Before upgrading I backed up my copy of STO and after the upgrade and pasting STO back where it was, my system wants to re-download the entire game. I have tried everything from moving the "Cryptic Studios" folder from "Program Files" to "Program Files (x86)", creating shortcuts from there etc.

Nothing works.

Has anyone got any advice for me? All this trouble was a lot simpler to sort out before "Arc" was introduced and I do not have that installed and I didn't have it installed before I upgraded my OS.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lizardglennlizardglenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Try letting it start the download 1st then stop it & put old files in the folder it makes just pasting wont create the registry files

not sure about arc you should be able the get rid of that later or see if there is a link to the old installer file on forum some where i remember a post ages ago linking to it
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Try letting it start the download 1st then stop it & put old files in the folder it makes just pasting wont create the registry files

not sure about arc you should be able the get rid of that later or see if there is a link to the old installer file on forum some where i remember a post ages ago linking to it

I tried letting it download, stopped it and copied files twice and it didn't work... However, a third attempt at the same thing eventually worked. Strange but true lol.

Thanks for your help lizardglenn! ;)
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have Win7 64bit and my game is installed in C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios.
    There doesn't appear to be anything STO in the Program Files/x86 folders.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    There are some registry entries that the game uses to determine where stuff is. I discovered this when I installed that god forsaken Arc junk and it rewrote them, forcing me to use a system restore to get everything back to working order.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rezking wrote: »
    I have Win7 64bit and my game is installed in C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios.
    There doesn't appear to be anything STO in the Program Files/x86 folders.

That's where my install used to be. But a while back (before Arc) I was forced to redownload and reinstall due to a system crash and HDD upgrade. But for whatever reason, when I reinstalled, STO ended up in the Program Files folder. :confused: