test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't respec or spend skill points. [Investigating]

zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When I view my reputation tab I get the following message.

"Your character requires a skill respec to be able to view or choose a reputation skill."

Now I click the button to go to my skill page and press the respec button, hitting the button just closes the window and does nothing. Clicking the respec button on the skills page also does the same thing.

If I try to use the trainer on Qo'nos to respec once I have allocated all my points I get a message when I hover the mouse over the accept button (which is still blanked out) that I don't meet the requirements for my rank. This is a level 50 character that has been that way for a long time.

Logging in and out or switching characters has no effect.

Any help would be appreciated in this.

There's a thread here about it to.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1089661
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• freelancer2012freelancer2012 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zipagat wrote: »

"Your character requires a skill respec to be able to view or choose a reputation skill."

Now I click the button to go to my skill page and press the respec button, hitting the button just closes the window and does nothing. Clicking the respec button on the skills page also does the same thing.

If I try to use the trainer on Qo'nos to respec once I have allocated all my points I get a message when I hover the mouse over the accept button (which is still blanked out) that I don't meet the requirements for my rank. This is a level 50 character that has been that way for a long time.

I have the same problem with one of my characters
  • sina1987sina1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

+ I bet you have all your traits messed up, i have same problem i did also lose traits that i bought and some of caracters own traits. on both my gorn and lethean toons.
  • kronmyrkronmyr Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2014
    I'm new, and I cannot get past the newbie quest "Spend Skill Points". I have "Spend Skill Points" plastered across my screen, yet I get the "Invalid Skills" and "Respec" option. Clicking respec does nothing.

This is awfully frustrating. I cannot play at this point, and my progress is halted. I'm too new to actually know what to do on my own, and the constant "SPEND SKILL POINTS" interactive option makes playing impossible.

Please fix this. I logged a ticket through ARC and through the game itself. This is a game stopper for new players.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sina1987 wrote: »
    + I bet you have all your traits messed up, i have same problem i did also lose traits that i bought and some of caracters own traits. on both my gorn and lethean toons.

Yes I just went and checked and I am some traits missing.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same problem here and only on my Gorn. I was wondering where we'd find the obligatory post patch broken stuff...didn't expect to find it there.
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yep, my lethean toon is totally screwed right now. No rep traits available, try to respec as the message says needs doing and just closes the screen. On normal traits the only traits available are the same ones I had previously picked way back when, no additional options to choose from.
  • ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Gorn Engineer is missing the Helmsman trait completely.

I am only able to select from a truncated list of Personal Traits:
    -Accurate
    -Bite
    -Lucky
    -Nanomolecular Architect
    -Soldier
    -Techie
    -Warp Theorist
    -Grace Under Fire

I have no available Space/Ground/Active Traits to choose from.
    I do however have a listing for Other Traits >> Well Travelled

For reference, I logged in on that character for the first time in season 9 orbiting Defera. I also suffer from the IVALID SKILL bug where I cannot respect skills because I do not 'have the minimum points in rank' even though I can allocate all of them.
  • locustuxlocustux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same here. Respec only closes the window
  • poorpiratepoorpirate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same Problem over here...
    Looks like Gorn are punished for being Gorn once again :(
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gorn Engineer and Lethean Sci with the exact same problems here. Curiously, of the [admittedly two] threads I've seen reporting these issues, the only people who specify species and profession that have this problem are Gorn Engineers and Lethean Scis.
  • britalmightybritalmighty Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Exactly the same issue - "invalid skills" and when clicking repec...just closes all windows:-(

Not again CRAPTIC
  • britalmightybritalmighty Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have a bajoran sci officer...and it's bugged out on the respec and skills

Whenever I submit a ticket...crptic delete it and I never hear anything again...nothing ever gets done reg my sent tickets...I spend so much money on this game..and all I get is a bad customer service
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ssargon wrote: »
    Gorn Engineer and Lethean Sci with the exact same problems here. Curiously, of the [admittedly two] threads I've seen reporting these issues, the only people who specify species and profession that have this problem are Gorn Engineers and Lethean Scis.

Seems right, my only effected toon is a Lethean Sci.
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    FWIW the character I noticed this on (will admit I got fed up of this and logged off without checking others) was a Bajoran tac.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yep same issue here. I am also missing some traits that I should have like my engineer ground traits (turret boosting trait and what not) and the Particle Theorist (or whatever) that boosted particle generators, flow caps and something else.
  • kronmyrkronmyr Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2014
    Seems right, my only effected toon is a Lethean Sci.

My bugged character is a Lethean Engineer.
  • theodoret79theodoret79 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am also encountering this error with a Lethean Engineering character. It is preventing me from selecting traits.
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Update: Bajoran Engineer here.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    saeyn wrote: »
    Update: Bajoran Engineer here.

Same exact thing for me. Male Bajoran Engineer.
  • captxaxascaptxaxas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have a Bajoren Eng that cannot respec skills. I put a ticket in, hoping.
    edited April 2014
    ssargon wrote: »

sorry, my lethean is a tac, not sci. but I do have a bugged kdf alien sci as well if that helps your theory at all...
  • reach4stars7reach4stars7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    captxaxas wrote: »
    I have a Bajoren Eng that cannot respec skills.

I have a Bajoran tac. Can't respec and really don't want to, but it won't let me use or even see my reputation powers. I've only logged into 2 of my characters so far; my human sci reputation powers seem to work fine. I hope this gets resolved soon.
  • decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am also experiencing this bug on my Gorn character, but he's a tactical officer, not an engineer. All of my 13 other characters are fine.
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Heyo!

So far the only character I have that's experiencing this bug is my Gorn Tac. My Lethean Sci and Alien Sci both seem fine.

Whaddupwidat?
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gorn Engineer, bugged.
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Bajoran Engineer is messed up like this as well.
    edited April 2014
    Cool! Patch notes are up for tomorrow's fix, and this problem didn't even make the known issues list let alone things that are getting fixed!
  • sina1987sina1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No one from th staff even bothers to say whether they are going to fix this bug or not . or at least assure us that they know this problem.
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just checking a theory - can y'all please post whether the affected characters are the first character you logged in with after the patch? I don't know how that would change it, but if there's a commonality here, it might help Cryptic out.

ninja edit: confirming my affected character, Sleeper Service@nikkojt, is the first one I logged in post-patch.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • bargnarbargnar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've the same problem as described above, but it only affect my two Gorn captains... tactical and science...

My other captains are all ok...

I hope, this problem will be resolved soon