test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9: A New Accord Is Live!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Our latest content update, Season 9: A New Accord, is now live on Holodeck! Team up with Tuvok against the imminent Undine threat. With a new featured episode, numerous events, upgrades and even a new Earth Spacedock, there's tons for players to explore. Learn about what you can experience in this latest update http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3042463

Check out the full trailer for Season 9: A New Accord here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TcNY4a1GL4
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Noooooooooooo it's broken for me lol.

As soon as I get to the LoR loading screen, I get "GameClient.exe is not responding" and then dumps to desktop. Tried several times now.

What do?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Undine attacking ESD?

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!

Failbox aside, I'm in full nerdgasm mode right now.

Well done, Cryptic!
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Woot shame I am not home right now. Time to hunt down some Bacon when I login later. :)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oh it's live, except for the exact same group of people that keep getting the same exact graphic error,

over... and over... and over...

I wonder, how in the bloody hell do you developers keep managing to make the same TRIBBLE up and forget the graphic error? and before you say "a handful of people were reporting it' not everyone does the tribble testing and yes, we did report the bug was back...

30191178, that's the bug. the bet is 6-8 weeks now before you fix it
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok - So what's broken sofar ?
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tried logging in twice...both times crashed to desktop.
    Here we go again...
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Congratulation, just tried out the new content space fight.
    You managed to put everything I hated about in Dyson control scenarios and mirror invasion in one package! :mad:

I soooo love being swarmed by 10 Undinie ship and blown up..
    In fact all my team mates loved it soooo much they actually left before I could do it. :rolleyes:

I really hope this was one of Cryptics usual spectacular failure in patching in new content and not what was intended.

Thumbs up though for better graphics, so at least I got something from season 9.

Edit: At least it was workable at normal, so I guess that is what any sane person will be doing...

Another Edit: Normal is not to be done by alts not having at least Mk XII rare equipment, but preferably fleet equipment. Do not think Cryptic test normal vs. normal ships. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    parisalexandria1parisalexandria1 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Fatal Error: Unable to find default animation for sequencer Sto_Elachi_Drone_Overlay. You must add the flag "DefaultSequence" to one (and only one) Sequence!

Huh?
  • Options
    mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2014
    WOW I WON A BET!

i said it would probably be about 30 mins into season 9 went live that things would be broken

the LOR loading screen crashing to desktop qualifies and im now a richer man..

incidentally i got the same crash :(

nothing changes does it Cryptic (i shouldnt be so surprised really)
  • Options
    mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2014
    ok quick update (and work around)

dont login via arc or the launcher

go directly to th gameclient.exe and run it.. the game will not crash to desktop then and you'll be able to login via the game internally.

should help for those who were havng the same problem as i

alas though it seems the account server is timing out (at least over here in the UK)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    HOLY MOTHER OF ALL EPIC FINISHES THAT WAS AWESOME.

And the Undine-go-byebye-torps don't work quite so unrealistically well anymore!

And UndineQuinn...only not really. Oh, well. Save it for the fanfics :D
  • Options
    mrtoveymrtovey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    using the mac version and getting the same problem as some other...game is crashing to desktop before its even loaded.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    AND WE FINALLY GET TO SEE AN ICONIAN!!!

SO EVIL!!! SO OP!!!

#nerdgasm!

Well done, Cryptic!

Edit to add: Best. Episode. Ever. By far.
  • Options
    rasilekrasilek Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oh it's live, except for the exact same group of people that keep getting the same exact graphic error,

over... and over... and over...

I wonder, how in the bloody hell do you developers keep managing to make the same TRIBBLE up and forget the graphic error? and before you say "a handful of people were reporting it' not everyone does the tribble testing and yes, we did report the bug was back...

30191178, that's the bug. the bet is 6-8 weeks now before you fix it

dude, get a grip.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So loved the new ESD once I found my way round it and just did a mission to get my Undine marks as my existing marks boxes dont allow me to select undine marks :( New STF is okay but seems a little to cluttered to be organised.

One question though: If I had a fully patched client before I logged in why did I get a 474MB pre patch on logout?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1) my alien toon now has a telekinetic attack trait that it did not have before.
    2) no hangar trays on my kar'fi. (appeared again after 2 map transfers).
    3) Klingon uniforms are still bugged in the tailor (nice to have all these new uniform modifications and can't use them)
    4) Lethean toon only has access to the traits he had before the revamp, no extras to switch around.
    5) a: Character with all previous reps maxxed has no rep traits available to choose from. On rep screen it says "your character requires a skill respec to be able to view or choose a reputation skill."
    5) b: When I then click the "respec" button on the skill page it just closes the page.
    6) some items/stacks in inventory are blank but have stack numbers on them. Cannot hover over item to identify what is actually there. Right clicking on the blank items and selecting "info" gives a blank pop up.
    7) kdf aligned reman is stuck with a resilliant trait, no way to remove it

Funny story, all issues I have found so far are only on kdf/kdf aligned toons. Not one issue found so far with any of my fed/fed aligned toons as of this point. Bias against testing on kdf side cryptic?
  • Options
    jenkaljenkal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have to say ESD is truly truly amazing! You have surpassed my greatest expectations. Congratulations guys! Just one thing: could you put a door on the admiral's office... I understand that's a whole lot of work... But it really is unrealistic, and it would give ESD that last touch of extra class.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,530 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can we please have the Legacy of Romulus load screen replaced with one for this season? I've always hated that crappy looking lawn ornament looking title screen.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    nicocoernicocoer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Very slick! And came on earlier than expected.

Seems nice so far- I'd been having discoloration issues the past two days, including having half a ground map be grey blobs for background and skin colors going wonky periodically, but not having a single issue with that so far. Ship even feels like it handles slightly (slightly!) better!

Sure some of the lines aren't as smooth as they could be but that's not too big a deal. Seems like a comparably smooth roll out!
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am really pleased with the mission. All of it was fun, and the reveal at the end? Pure Awesome. I'm guessing the next part will feature more of the Iconians? Anyway, awesome job, Cryptic, on the mission as well as everything else.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is very well done. The Mission making team has been doing well lately, and they did well again.

The rewards are also surprisingly nice.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    when a new season is released on STO I have learned it is a good idea to take 2 week vacation from STO till the dust settles.. Ie bugs..
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Incredible season.

Unparalleled success.

THAT MISSION...

EPIC.

Undine failbox aside, that was EPIC.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    About the featured episode, are any of the rewards going away when it goes to max level only?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Earth Spacedock - just amazing. Outstanding work there.

I played the kill the 3 planet killer mission. It was interesting. Very different slipping and sliding.
    Will give everything else a try later.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Would LOVE to check out the new ESD but I can't because a major bug is making my controller not work so I can't move anywhere or do anything.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Check out the full trailer for Season 9: A New Accord here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TcNY4a1GL4

Hint to new Trailer guy/gal :

STO Trailers usually look much better when they feature a number of ships (out of the dozens) that are available to play in-game .

Doing a Trailer using only 2 ships (when we have 3 Factions...) comes across as a rushed job .
    A VERY rushed job .
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You know what? Surface Tension was so awesome it managed to make me forget about the lockboxes. I must go back to it before they resurface into my mind.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I read the patch notes and nowhere in them can I find anything about controller support being disabled/removed. Yet my controller doesn't work in game.
    @Powerblast in game