test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Leaderboards

Comments

• mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    How about more style points for using Tachyon Beam, Energy Siphon, and Tykens Rift?
    As brandon has already mentioned, Siphon and TachBeam are not visible in the log and therefore cannot be rated. Using a Tykens gives you utility points.
    nandospc wrote: »
    A wider question: is there somewhere a list with things that add style and others that decrease it? Just to understand how the system works :)
    Thanks in advance!
    There is a section in http://hilbertguide.com/leaderboard/ranking.html (starting after "This uses the following:") that shows most of the utility and style values.

(The style/utility values are still correct for the most part, but the rest of the rating algorithm has changed and does not work as explained on that page anymore. Maybe I'll find some time to post an updated version.)
  • realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    high hit owns, did more pvps than in a while becus of it. kudos to hilbert for all his work on leaderboard. ggs to all
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    realmini wrote: »
    high hit owns, did more pvps than in a while becus of it. kudos to hilbert for all his work on leaderboard. ggs to all

Gotta agree, its pretty badass. Also the top ones in each individual match is pretty awesome too (since most arent hitting 100k like you and jmoda)

74k for me and being 4th place for the day? Ill take that.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited April 2014
    A long time ago, I posted my take on the accuracy issues in this game. Now I have looked at some more data regarding accuracy and things only got weirder.

Despite Cryptic denying it, there definitely are different formulas for (non-faw) beams and cannons (see my old blog entry) and here is a chart (created from my personal log archive) that shows that CSV is most likely also using the beam formula (I had previously theorised that its increased accuracy over plain cannons / CRF was due to a problem with multiple targets and hit rolls, but that does not seem to be the case, the curve aligns perfectly with the one from beams.):
    One can also see how array FAW went to 100% in early 2012 (note that it did that only during some time between jan 2012 and March 2012, it appears to have been fine in Dec '11) and then got all bonus accuracy removed in Apr 2012. (Mar 29th to be exact) DBB FAW had not been affected by the 100% bug, but also got nerfed.

A full year later (Apr 2013), accuracy modifiers were being taken into account again. But this only brought array FAW to cannon accuray levels, not beam accuracy. DBB FAW also started benefitting from [Acc] modifiers again, but still seems to be lagging behind array FAW.

It seems that Beam Overload has always used cannon accuracy levels.

A closer look at the data reveals that the 100% FAW accuracy issue began on Jan 12th, 2012. And now we finally know when they screwed up FAW: when they updated the space sets. And instead of noticing that isue and rolling back the changes, they spend an entire year telling us that they would have to touch millions of lines of code by hand...

So much for history, here is the current data:
    The Beam/Cannon divide is clearly visible, and also that FAW/BO on arrays use cannon accuracy . The seemingly superior accuracy of DBB BO over array BO can probably explained with data volatility due to less recorded shots and the fact that probably many use acc-less arrays, but either use lots of acc on their BO-DBBs or only BO people who have been tractored. The low DBB FAW value is suspicious though and fits with the impression of inferior DBB FAW accuracy that one got from the historical data.
    edited April 2014
    Hil'bert deals 76257 (119608) damage (critical) to Karl with Javelin.
    Hil'bert deals 77649 (129089) damage (critical) to ShadowStar with Javelin.
    Hil'bert deals 59391 (120618) damage (critical) to Dez with Javelin.

And of course impressive self-frying:

Kai Suil deals 74927 (81140) damage to Hil'bert with Feedback Pulse III.
    StarKiller deals 44328 (78798) damage to Hil'bert with Feedback Pulse I.

This is fun!
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mancom wrote: »

Still stings haha, nice shot. :)
  • zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hil'bert deals 76257 (119608) damage (critical) to Karl with Javelin.
    Hil'bert deals 77649 (129089) damage (critical) to ShadowStar with Javelin.

And of course impressive self-frying:

Kai Suil deals 74927 (81140) damage to Hil'bert with Feedback Pulse III.
    StarKiller deals 44328 (78798) damage to Hil'bert with Feedback Pulse I.

This is fun!

Still remembered when we did internal match/public and you blasted era to 0%hp and he still survived. :D
    Noone.
  • blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anyone know why I don't appear on general rankings yet have a rating that implies I should be on there?
    edited April 2014
    Anyone know why I don't appear on general rankings yet have a rating that implies I should be on there?
    Most likely because you don't have enough matches of sufficient balance score in the necessary timeframe.

For the daily list it's 2 matches of at least 0.25 balance.
    edited April 2014
    There is a new update for the client app. Transmitting events should be much faster now.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So Hilbert, how do I post my matches to the leaderboard?

Edit: K, thnx for messaging me in game. I play with some people here and there that have uploaded some games I've played with them and it's pretty interesting looking through the different stats of myself and friends and we even used your match maker the other day to form up teams for an in-fleet battle. So I figure I might as well add to the data....don't know why it took me this long.

Anyway, thanks for all the work you've put into these leaderboards. It really is quite cool, but unfortunately it shows how little effort the actual developers have put into PvP....maybe one day.
  • squeezedbesqueezedbe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well one thing that is a failure about this leaderboard is the following.

Im a fleetleader but lack sufficient PVP players to form premade teams etc. to rly rock the land of PVP that said i do 'enter on pure luck' PUG a lot in the land of PVP.

What ive noticed is 'i know the Premade teams from the PUGs names by now' is the fact that a lot of the people who are DIE HARD into PVP mostly upload their Glorious Victories but never there Defeats.

Jeah i know surely that can be counterd by just starting to parse asswell and upload stuff etc. but still in a way the 'Leaderboards' are easily made more shiny by those Pre made teams.

After testing the 'fairness' out of this leaderboard for a few weeks i will send a mail now to upload my parses asswell just wanted to mention it as a 'fail' in the current leaderboard system other then that great work to the creators.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bsssst, got 3 noobish questions :D:

- does it collect data from c&h's as well? (edit: self answered; obviously it does, but i'm not sure how the numbers fit the system in whole)

- does it upload automatically or do i have to push a button? (edit: self answered; arenas are reported, c&h's barely. guess cause of more players/longer gaps between fights?)

- is it possible to may raise the 60 secs player-encounter-trigger to 120 secs (f.e. for pure
    alphastrikers or c&h)?

damn nice toy, thx again mate! :).
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There shall be more charts!

Combined self- and crosshealing this time.
    Damage is again based on raw damage.
    • Energy Types (Raw) - raw favours kinetic
    • Weapon Types - again with the slight kinetic bias
    • Abilities - again the slight kinetic bias, but HY is dead, no matter how you turn it, only TS still has some activity
    Do you already have data on the current hull heal distribution? I would really like to see how much the changes to the borg hull proc show in the statistics.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited April 2014
    Do you already have data on the current hull heal distribution? I would really like to see how much the changes to the borg hull proc show in the statistics.
    You can see some current charts (dynamically generated) on the THG website:
    The data is shown on a per-week basis, so the full effect of the changes is only just beginning to become visible. And weekly averages are necessary to get data that is not too volatile (daily averages usually jump up and down too much to draw any reliable conclusions).

So far the tendency seems to be:

Shields: Less Rom T4 healing, but for selfhealing this is essentially completely filled up with increased use of boff heals on oneself and more valdore console procs; consequently, crosshealing is lower than before the rep passive changes.

Hull: Selfhealing has been reduced considerably by cutting the borg proc down. There is a certain amount of compensation via regular heals, but unlike with shields it doesn't fully restore the old values. The drop in crosshealing also exists here. (And the Eng Fleet heal proc is bugged and doesn't trigger.)
    edited April 2014
    Sorry for my late response.
    wast33 wrote: »
    - does it collect data from c&h's as well? (edit: self answered; obviously it does, but i'm not sure how the numbers fit the system in whole)

- does it upload automatically or do i have to push a button? (edit: self answered; arenas are reported, c&h's barely. guess cause of more players/longer gaps between fights?)
    The client parses the entire log file and atempts to find the parts that correspond to 5v5 arena matches. This is done via two criteria: There have to be exactly 10 players in the encounter and the kill count needs to be "reasonable" (due to limited log range, some kills can be missing in the log which makes things more difficult; so "reasonable" means something like 12-32 kills total and at least 12 kills or so for the winning side and not more than 18(?)).

This avoids most C&Hs and PVE (there is an additional safeguard to attempt to skip ground matches), but it's not 100% accurate. I play very few C&Hs, so my personal data for calibration is limited.
    wast33 wrote: »
    - is it possible to may raise the 60 secs player-encounter-trigger to 120 secs (f.e. for pure alphastrikers or c&h)?
    As already mentioned, C&Hs are not intended to be reported. Alphastrikers only get into trouble if they spend more than 60s out of combat log range of the fight (so >~20km away). As long as combat action between players is still being recorded, the encounter gap won't trigger, even if the reporting player himself is not firing.
    edited May 2014
    Hil'bert deals 224167 (114792) damage to Stark with Javelin. (Match)
    Yay! My best hit so far, and it's not even a crit.
  • hokeb1hokeb1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    squeezedbe wrote: »
    Well one thing that is a failure about this leaderboard is the following.

Im a fleetleader but lack sufficient PVP players to form premade teams etc. to rly rock the land of PVP that said i do 'enter on pure luck' PUG a lot in the land of PVP.

What ive noticed is 'i know the Premade teams from the PUGs names by now' is the fact that a lot of the people who are DIE HARD into PVP mostly upload their Glorious Victories but never there Defeats.

Jeah i know surely that can be counterd by just starting to parse asswell and upload stuff etc. but still in a way the 'Leaderboards' are easily made more shiny by those Pre made teams.

After testing the 'fairness' out of this leaderboard for a few weeks i will send a mail now to upload my parses asswell just wanted to mention it as a 'fail' in the current leaderboard system other then that great work to the creators.

I noticed that as well. ;)
  • blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Any chance the program can be rolled out to new/more players? Seems to be a large drop off in users in the last month or so..thx
    edited June 2014
    Today the 10.000th match has been uploaded to the leaderboard.
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Today the 10.000th match has been uploaded to the leaderboard.

Well done. I contributed at least 50 in last week. Most people don't do it however, some don't know how, some can't get in touch with you, and some won't

Also man. explain style numbers. What gives +style, what gives -style?
    i almost always have + or very low minus, but i see people with like minus 3.7?
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hilbert....can i have a key please?
    also if play on mac, but save the file...and send it to a pc, would your tool upload it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    if play on mac, but save the file...and send it to a pc, would your tool upload it?
    Yes, this will work (assuming that the match you want to upload is less than 24h old (Or was it 48h? I don't remember.)).
  • ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it works woot woot, tho, i get soooo much lag whilst recording combat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    Weird. I have never noticed any kind of increased lag related to activating the combat log.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    good god biebs, get a proper gaming rig already! :P
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited April 2015
    ilhansk wrote: »
    I will come back with Season 11 ! IC reloaded !

Nice Dude.. . :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

This discussion has been closed.