Options

Duty Officer Reward for "Reinforcements"

2»

Comments

• Options
    malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Am I the only one to notice this:

I did the mission from S'Stas. Got the doff. But then I took the mission from Veelar.
    Then I noticed... if you click on your in progress tab, you will see the mission as completed AND on the right hand side, you will see the following twice (one with a checkmark, another with the circle)
    - Speak with Commander Rojal
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "•Receive a FREE* special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers, this is a new engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers, it is a Reman duty officer. *This is not available if you already claimed it the last time we ran the event."

Tell me where there is mention of romulans getting a special one.
    Yeah. I would never have noticed there was a Romulan version of the mission if not for the fact that people have been complaining its broken. :confused:

Also, the starfleet Exocomp is hardly "new," I've had it on my first Fed toon for 2 years. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    racerexia wrote: »
    Rojal is chunking in a toilet after watching Reman making out with a Gorn... seriously thats what happened, he told me himself. As for getting the Romulan doff, guess we need pester the devs on twitter since they seems uninterested in reading tickets and the such. They probably ARE chunking their liver out in some unnamed alley after drinking their sorry heads off during spring break at Risa lol.

I've been doing that since yesterday, they haven't said a blasted thing.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Am I the only one to notice this:

I did the mission from S'Stas. Got the doff. But then I took the mission from Veelar.
    Then I noticed... if you click on your in progress tab, you will see the mission as completed AND on the right hand side, you will see the following twice (one with a checkmark, another with the circle)
    - Speak with Commander Rojal
    Actually that's the way the other ones work too. There are no mission tasks, and the reward is given by interacting with a contact in person.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually that's the way the other ones work too. There are no mission tasks, and the reward is given by interacting with a contact in person.

o_O so the bug has been known since the start?
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2014

why am I not surprised
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I appreciate the effort that went into almost giving us a DOFF. I truly do. Honestly. :)

The consolation puts me off though. It is like getting a free portrait of your jailer. ;)

---
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    o_O so the bug has been known since the start?
    It's not a bug, it's a feature. Those assignments have always required you to turn them in in person.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    azanthrielazanthriel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still have the mission to get T'ress from that event. Hopefully I can turn it in if Capt Rojal is programmed correctly.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Interesting... I got mine during the 'New Recruit' day at Starfleet Academy. I guess I wouldn't mind having another one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    angamaarangamaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So as a Federation Player I have this mission (I am on the second part - picking up the reward by talking to Captain Jarol at Starfleet Academy) - I am standing in the big honking white circle and there is not a person in sight with that name or that I can interact with to get my Exo comp...

Anyone know what is up with this?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    limited time event. You need to do it while he's there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    limited time event. You need to do it while he's there.
    Except that he's never been there and apparently never will be. OP, just drop that mission because it will never happen.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Except that he's never been there and apparently never will be. OP, just drop that mission because it will never happen.
    We was talking about the Fed version.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This bug is still present and has not been addressed.

As a romulan character allied with federation the mission Reinforcements appeared in my quest list. I cannot complete it. I am at the location where I am to speak with him but he is not here. The yellow circle is present, so is the locator Icon that directed me to the correct spot. He simply is not here. No Excom for me.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This bug is still present and has not been addressed.

As a romulan character allied with federation the mission Reinforcements appeared in my quest list. I cannot complete it. I am at the location where I am to speak with him but he is not here. The yellow circle is present, so is the locator Icon that directed me to the correct spot. He simply is not here. No Excom for me.
    As Mark said above, it is a limited time event. The NPC you need to speak to is only there when the event is live.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    kaspa000kaspa000 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    More then a year later and mission still in the log. Cryptic please help the Romulans! :)
    Who made the pool yellow? :confused:
  • Options
    neverland#6511 neverland Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    I confirm. I received the quest as a Rom allied with the Federation from Centurion Velaar and can't complete it. I can't speak with Commander Rojal and receive T'Ress.
    I have already received the Exocomp from the Fed Academy but I can't complete the Romulan active quest which is also called "Reinforcements".
    That's a pity.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    back to the nether world with ye zombieness (white lantern ring blast) /necro
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.