test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty Officer Reward for "Reinforcements"

horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited October 2023 in Romulan Discussion
I was promised a very rare Maintenance DOFF on New Romulus for speaking to Commander Rojal/Captain Jarol. On arriving at the Academy I couldn't speak to Captain Jarol and couldn't find any Commander Rojal. Is that a bug? I'd love to have that DOFF. Thanks for any help out there.
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• indyv72indyv72 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just got this today too and can't find him either.
  • beldacarbeldacar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Fed Romulan picked up the mission from Lieutenant Ferra at Starfleet Academy and it worked fine (Captain Jarol provided the rare Exocomp DOff).

My "regular" Fed and KDF characters also went without a hitch.

But my KDF Reman made the mistake of picking the mission up from Centurion Velaar in New Romulus. I knew there was going to be trouble when the mission text said that my =KDF= Reman needed to talk to Commander Rojal at -=Starfleet Academy=- while the mission objective was pointing to an empty spot in the New Romulus Command Center.

Hope they fix it soon. Not brave enough to drop the mission and hope to pick up the KDF equivalent ;^)

PS: I did go to Klingon Academy just to be sure, but no sign of Commander Rojal there and the KDF guy (Commander Laroj :^P) had nothing to say to me....

So ... Jarol and Laroj seem to be working fine, but Rojal is AWOL....
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    This is the second time this mission, and doff have been offered.

If your toon has taken this reward before, you cannot do it or reclaim it again.

There have been duty officer missions that would claim/kill/remove your officer that you assigned it. Sadly, my Fed Engineering captain lost his exocomp to one of these events.

*sigh*

Moral of the story.... don't randomly fill duty officer assignments....
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    beldacar wrote: »
    My Fed Romulan picked up the mission from Lieutenant Ferra at Starfleet Academy and it worked fine (Captain Jarol provided the rare Exocomp DOff).

My "regular" Fed and KDF characters also went without a hitch.

But my KDF Reman made the mistake of picking the mission up from Centurion Velaar in New Romulus. I knew there was going to be trouble when the mission text said that my =KDF= Reman needed to talk to Commander Rojal at -=Starfleet Academy=- while the mission objective was pointing to an empty spot in the New Romulus Command Center.

Hope they fix it soon. Not brave enough to drop the mission and hope to pick up the KDF equivalent ;^)

PS: I did go to Klingon Academy just to be sure, but no sign of Commander Rojal there and the KDF guy (Commander Laroj :^P) had nothing to say to me....

So ... Jarol and Laroj seem to be working fine, but Rojal is AWOL....
    Velaar's mission is actually wanting you to talk to someone in NRC... who can't be interacted with at this time.

You can have both open at once. :P I did it. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • simc1990simc1990 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    horstpfick wrote: »
    I was promised a very rare Maintenance DOFF on New Romulus for speaking to Commander Rojal/Captain Jarol. On arriving at the Academy I couldn't speak to Captain Jarol and couldn't find any Commander Rojal. Is that a bug? I'd love to have that DOFF. Thanks for any help out there.

I had the same problem...but I found that if you collected the "Reinforcements" quest from New Romulus it won't work. As I imagine there is a bug (although it is possible I might not have gone to the right place at Starfleet Academy). But if you collected the mission from Starfleet Academy and continued you have no problem.
    I hope this is of help to someone!
  • gigio65gigio65 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The fix is simple. Drop the mission you picked up from Velaar. Go to Klingon Accademy talk S'stas and pick the mission from him, you can now talk to Leroj and get your rare doff.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gigio65 wrote: »
    The fix is simple. Drop the mission you picked up from Velaar. Go to Klingon Accademy talk S'stas and pick the mission from him, you can now talk to Leroj and get your rare doff.
    Wrong Doff. There is a second one the Romulans can (could if it worked) get, a Borg/Android one.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same problem here.

I received the mission reward "reinforcements" once i leveled one of my doff categories.

Erm, the problem is, as a reman, i cant go to the "STARFLEET" academy. So, i cant talk to jarol.

The mission says clearly that i need to go to the starfleet academy, lol, but as i reman, i cant. I suposse that with "starfleet" it is talking about new romulus??

So, another bug to the list.. lol.
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    way to drop the ball cryptic. first day up and this event is a bug for romulans. nice! Mission text is wrong...either that or my green find where you need to go circle thingy is wrong. or both could be way off. at this point i wouldn't be surprised if it was both. so up for tomorrow are the crashes right? and two day downtime patches will be all weekend? is this stuff even tested internally by more then one person?? well I won't hold my breath that thiss will be fixed before the event comes down after the weekend.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    cool so its not just me having an issue. One would think theyd take 20min to test this stuff before dropping it live....
  • gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic should fix bugs? ARE YOU CRAZY? They have to redesign the ESD, it is sooo important, specially since almost everything just works in the ESD we have right now, so they clearly have to implement tons of bugs and glitches by redesigning it!
  • xiaoxiaonxiaoxiaon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm having the same problem. Looks like the NPC isn't activated yet, as the location they *should* be at is currently unoccupied, located on the New Romulus Command map in the Planetary Data Center.
    Have any questions about the game? Send me a message and I'll be happy to help!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Taking the 'Reinforcements' mission from the doff contact at new romulus command: this is the doff it shows you're suppose to get - what looks like a female liberated borg http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/screenshot_2014-04-10-21-41-26_zps1d6d55e7.jpg~original

So for my reman allied with fed I got the mission from new romulus command and went to starfleet academy. I talked to Commander Rojal, without talking to Lieutenant Ferra, and received the Exocomp duty officer. And Lt. Ferra had no mission for me, so it seems it works fine for remans allied with feds at least. Well at least in my case.

For my romulan allied with KDF it was another matter. The mission from the doff contact at new romulus command said to talk to Commander Rojal and told me to go to starfleet academy. -.- http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/screenshot_2014-04-10-21-42-10_zps79481e38.jpg~original

When I got to KDF academy on my romulan, I couldn't talk to Commander Laroj. I was able to talk to Lieutenant S'stas and take a second copy of the 'Reinforcements mission' http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/screenshot_2014-04-10-21-50-07_zpsdd4a9891.jpg~original and was able to talk to Commander Laroj to get the reman doff.

Am I the only one who noticed the reason why there is no such NPC in game named 'Commander Rojal' is because 'Rojal' is an anagram of 'Laroj'? Perhaps that could be a cause for the mix up, eh? lol
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    THis is not working on my fed Romulan either.

Since this is a short time event that will end before next week's patch, can we get a quick fix please?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Velaar's mission is actually wanting you to talk to someone in NRC... who can't be interacted with at this time.

You can have both open at once. :P I did it. :P
    Right. I found him (named Personnel Officer, immediately left of the target circle in NRC when this mission is Primary). He's wearing a blue Republic uniform and a Tricorder. He cannot be interacted with, and is not named Jarol, Laroj, Rojal or any other anagram of that name.

Also, the mission text tells me to go to STARFLEET Command (not NEW ROMULUS Command, despite the mission map's direction), and claim a FED Exocomp, not the Romulan/Ex-Borg/whatever pictured in that same mission briefing. All of this is insane, as I am a KDF-allied Romulan.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the blasted KDF Reman from the Gorn at the Klingon Academy either. The mission briefing picture shows a DOFF with a green (Romulan) background, not a blue (Fed) background Exocomp, nor a red (KDF) background Reman. Is it too much to ask that Romulans get Romulan faction DOFFS? Even the bloody Romulan Survivor packs have our allies' backgrounds, not ours.

Why are we all suddenly supposed to be xenophile traitors? And Centurion Velaar is still only offering allied faction DOFFs, too. Personally, I think she's running a spy ring. :cool: 50 credits says she's an Undine infiltrator, too. :eek:
  • racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Rojal is chunking in a toilet after watching Reman making out with a Gorn... seriously thats what happened, he told me himself. As for getting the Romulan doff, guess we need pester the devs on twitter since they seems uninterested in reading tickets and the such. They probably ARE chunking their liver out in some unnamed alley after drinking their sorry heads off during spring break at Risa lol.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any fix on this, gang? I'm looking all over the Academy on my fed-rom and I can't find any of the anagram captains/commanders/whatever they're supposed to be. :o
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm getting the distinct impression this antoher case of Fractionitis.

"•Receive a FREE* special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers, this is a new engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers, it is a Reman duty officer. *This is not available if you already claimed it the last time we ran the event."

Tell me where there is mention of romulans getting a special one.

-Remember, Romulans aren't a Faction, they are a Fraction, and often get screwed in events.-
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm getting the distinct impression this antoher case of Fractionitis.

"•Receive a FREE* special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers, this is a new engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers, it is a Reman duty officer. *This is not available if you already claimed it the last time we ran the event."

Tell me where there is mention of romulans getting a special one.

-Remember, Romulans aren't a Faction, they are a Fraction, and often get screwed in events.-

But this quest is IN the game. It is not like someone is demanding a special quest for Romulans, that doesn't exist. ;)

I can understand if Cryptic says "Well, the Romulans can get the Fed or KDF DOff already, so getting a second one would be unfair." but then they should delete the Romulan Quest.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gerudon wrote: »
    But this quest is IN the game. It is not like someone is demanding a special quest for Romulans, that doesn't exist. ;)

I can understand if Cryptic says "Well, the Romulans can get the Fed or KDF DOff already, so getting a second one would be unfair." but then they should delete the Romulan Quest.

I guess they WANTED a rom doff, abandoned the idea and forgot to take the quest out.
    You know... quality control and Cryptic.... mhm...
  • drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was able to a rare doff w/ my Rom.. from Stass at kdf. Still have the romulan quest open but no npc to interact with. But since i DID get a rare Doff (same as all kdf ) I am ok with it....

Imagine if the romulan quest WAS working.. Then you would have hordes of FED and KDF complaining that they only got 1 rare doff and their romulan ally got 2. No mater what Cryptic intended, it would seem they messed up somewhere. Just kinda hard to tell where... :confused:
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yup just got this misson and yup im in SFA when i should be in NRC.

Ansd I have a Reman toon. Grrr... :(
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • uhetiuheti Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I get the samething and the last time this was done I did not get it with my Federation Character as something was not working when I was to talk to the guy then, I got it this time but I still want to have the one for my Romulan character. Either it needs to be fixed or removed.
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    drasym wrote: »
    Imagine if the romulan quest WAS working.. Then you would have hordes of FED and KDF complaining that they only got 1 rare doff and their romulan ally got 2. No mater what Cryptic intended, it would seem they messed up somewhere. Just kinda hard to tell where... :confused:

Good for them. I don't want the fed doff and would rather have the romulan one.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Rojal, Laroj, and Jarol are all anagrams. True Feds, and Klinks, only receive one of either the Exocomp, or the Reman, respectively. Romulans should be able to turn the mission in twice. Once for a strictly Romulan female engineer, on New Romulus, and then again for either the Exocomp, or Reman, depending on which faction they're allied to, at that faction's academy. Similar to how Romulans can double recruit, where Feds, and Klinks can't.
    Nah, it's not the same mission. It's three missions with the same name. Thus you can have 2 of them running at the same time.(if you're Romulan)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are seemingly a lot of Romulans who cannot claim the T'ress DOff from the 'Reinforcements' mission. Thread about it. Any word on if this will see an update?
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are seemingly a lot of Romulans who cannot claim the T'ress DOff from the 'Reinforcements' mission. Thread about it. Any word on if this will see an update?
    When you say "a lot of", read that as "all". And by "thread" I think you mean "threads" as in about 6 or 7 at least. Maybe more, I didn't look in *every* forum. ;)

Oh, and when you say "an update" you really mean "completely ignoring the issue." :D
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
This discussion has been closed.