test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9: A New Accord Is Warping Your Way on April 22nd, 2014!

Comments

• Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Even less content than the terrible and horrible season 8.
    And they make us belive that the Cryptic Eng were working on PVP.. lol.

Get ready foundry guys, is the UGC turn now.. maybe they upgrade the "Publish" icon.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Looks great, I was thinking either late April or into May. Glad to see it coming soon. I will love the new revamp on the rest of the Rep Grinds. My other characters will love that. Looking forward to the many other new features.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Its' so beautiful. It's gonna be interesting to see it filled with people.
    I will miss the laser tag though. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Excellent. Looking forward to the Undine BZ. Liked the little bit I played on Tribble.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have to admit, I'm glad it's coming soon. I so wanna use some of the marks and dil I have to finally get some gear I couldn't get due to the XP needs >_>
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Did that happen before? A video summarizing the story so far, I mean.
    Could mean that something really big is incoming on the story front. Something which actually concluces some things (besides the Fed-Klink War).
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    spaceblahd wrote: »
    I hear that! Great we're getting it early but really hope it's not rushed. wonder if there's going to be a 9.5. Really hope not :P
    I'm game for 9.5 if it includes the crafting revamp. :)
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, good to see a date for the new season.

I hope that bugs have been properly squashed as a result of the tribble tests.

And I'm bound to say that was a really good trailer.

A nice summary of the story so far, well done.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I took the liberty to fix that for you, since you forgot to add what is bolded.

You shouldn't take any liberties since you don't have any to begin with lol.
    shpoks wrote: »
    Wow, how profoundly intelligent of you! :rolleyes: /sarcasm

I guess the concept of speaking one's mind is lost on you.

Yeah we have to be nice to those of lower intelligence levels :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ...stop feeding the troll...
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Obviously you know from experience.

Girls...

Let's not turn this into a giant fight, now...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Girls...

Let's not turn this into a giant fight, now...

I'm doing it again. ~_~ Sorry...
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ...stop feeding the troll...

Can we feed Quantum Torpedoes? It's "good" for their colon! :D
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited April 2014
    HAH!!!!

I WAS SOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!

APRIL 22nd...

>.<

Sorry caps

<Excited>
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    I only have one word regarding this and it's Meh There is nothing with Season 9 that makes me want to play so wake me up when Season 10 comes

I have been wrong before, but I doubt there will be a Season 10 before the next expansion comes out at the end of the year maybe a Season 9.5 but that's about it.
    Well, good to see a date for the new season.

I hope that bugs have been properly squashed as a result of the tribble tests.

And I'm bound to say that was a really good trailer.

A nice summary of the story so far, well done.

there will always be bugs that show up that did not on tribble for the fact that there will tons more players hitting this that did test on tribble so expect bugs.
  • Options
    captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, I agree.. the art team/department really excelled themselves and I definitely will be strolling around there a lot. I just wished the bug squishing department would deliver something anywhere close to that kind of quality.

On another note, I also really like the changes to the rep system, but I guess I'm in the minority here.

i like the changes to the rep system to it is much needed and will actually bring more teamwork into missions by trying to bring different abilities into missions if your grouped with people, bravo and well done
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I cannot say I am excited about anything new coming from this season. If anything, I feel like the game is getting much more boring and dry.

One of my favorite abilities (Rotating Weapon Frequency) is getting canned and none of the new stuff is appealing to me at all. It's just more grinding for gear that is lateral to what we already have.

I miss the old runs when you had a chance to get a really nice item at the end. I remember getting my first MACO MK XII piece as a drop and not from grinding. I know some people will say that with the rep system you are guaranteed to get certain items, but I still miss that off chance of getting something nice from a run. Now the only thing you get is marks and dil so it really is just farming and grinding.

In all, there is nothing new the game has to offer but more of the same. I don't want people to get bored of the game. I like the community and I want to keep playing, but it feels like the same old thing once more.

More lateral items and more grinding for marks.

Sigh.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Did that happen before? A video summarizing the story so far, I mean.
    Could mean that something really big is incoming on the story front. Something which actually concluces some things (besides the Fed-Klink War).

Doubt it the stories so far have so many loose ends it's unbelievable
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have been wrong before, but I doubt there will be a Season 10 before the next expansion comes out at the end of the year maybe a Season 9.5 but that's about it.

there will always be bugs that show up that did not on tribble for the fact that there will tons more players hitting this that did test on tribble so expect bugs.

We had season 7, then the first expansion Legacy of Romulus, then season 8. They had stated a while back that they planned to release another expansion later this year, so that would mean season 10 might not come until next year, unless Cryptic is going to go from 2 seasonal updates a year to 3.
  • Options
    senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Curious about new Stardock.

Still cross about losing half my slots for Rep bonuses.

Kits seem interesting.

Do want to see the new facial options.

Will dearly miss Commendations.

Do we get hourly events back?
    Are Romulan marks still obnoxious-to-earn/scarce?
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I want that video ingame, for players who need catching up. That would be cool.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    I cannot say I am excited about anything new coming from this season. If anything, I feel like the game is getting much more boring and dry.

One of my favorite abilities (Rotating Weapon Frequency) is getting canned and none of the new stuff is appealing to me at all. It's just more grinding for gear that is lateral to what we already have.

I miss the old runs when you had a chance to get a really nice item at the end. I remember getting my first MACO MK XII piece as a drop and not from grinding. I know some people will say that with the rep system you are guaranteed to get certain items, but I still miss that off chance of getting something nice from a run. Now the only thing you get is marks and dil so it really is just farming and grinding.

In all, there is nothing new the game has to offer but more of the same. I don't want people to get bored of the game. I like the community and I want to keep playing, but it feels like the same old thing once more.

Sigh.

Exactly my feeling I know MMO's have a grinding aspect but Star Grind online has way to much of it. I don't want to grind 14 days or something out of X to get a massive award when I have to wait 20hours a day or play a horrible mission (Q party and MU Event) to get a free ship or reward. Cryptic are also acking imagination. Undine ilfitration sounds like a rehash of the Mu event with a few changes. Not really original. I may take a long rest from the game and see what comes next and if anything makes me say Wow thats great got to play for the next season update then i'll come back but if not then I may just find another game to play which will be less of a grind.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Sigh.

Exactly. We really need a "like" button on the forums.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Sigh.
    "Star Trek: Online" feels like it is stuck in a grinding rut.

I also want "Star Trek: Online" to be successful.

Cryptic is repackaging the same game mechanics over and over again.

After only three months of play, I have become tired of "Star Trek: Online".

I am starting to not care about what happens.

:: "Star Trek Online" Feels Similar to This ::

Do you know what? I do not care anymore.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Have any of you guys ever played Everquest?

Trust me, you think that STO is a grind? You have no IDEA of the true meaning of grind.

Ever play EVE? In EVE, it takes ages to grind a decent ship without fleet support, and literally every player in the game can render your entire grind fruitless the instant you step foot outside protected space.

STO is still in the early stages of grind, and the Devs have taken some good steps to mitigate the progress of the grind.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Sigh.

I completely agree! Feature Episodes being 5 missions long also instead of the bulk of the story coming from poorly written blogs.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I completely agree! Feature Episodes being 5 missions long also instead of the bulk of the story coming from poorly written blogs.

I would be perfectly happy to not endure what was the 2800 again. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I would be perfectly happy to not endure what was the 2800 again. :P

THIS IS KURLAND. KURLAND HERE.

I've heard that so many times recently trying to get the Dominion Polaron Beam Arrays for my Assault Cruiser >_>
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One of my favorite abilities (Rotating Weapon Frequency) is getting canned and none of the new stuff is appealing to me at all.

For what it's worth, we brought back Rotating Weapon Frequency and just combined it into the new power that was previously taking its place.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Excellent. Looking forward to the Undine BZ. Liked the little bit I played on Tribble.

We were just playtesting it on Tribble today. Two systems designers and three content designers flying around having a blast. It was really fun, can't wait to get it in all of your hands! :)
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton