test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9: A New Accord Is Warping Your Way on April 22nd, 2014!

Comments

• Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    we are the borg......nerfing is futile

or the undine

the nerfs shall perish

Season 9 : A new nerfing

When i found out about the nerfs of the reps, i stopped doing them. I wasted months doing my reps.....all so it can be nerfed. Waste of time, waste of resources, all for nothing
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    we are the borg......nerfing is futile

or the undine

the nerfs shall perish

Season 9 : A new nerfing

When i found out about the nerfs of the reps, i stopped doing them. I wasted months doing my reps.....all so it can be nerfed. Waste of time, waste of resources, all for nothing

I know makes you reconsider on doing the undine rep when it comes out
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    I know makes you reconsider on doing the undine rep when it comes out

don't think im going to waste my time on the reps anymore. no point when there are very little benefits now.

I saw a post where the devs were playing on tribble, nice to know they got plenty of time to play on tribble and nerf things, but no time for hundreds, if not, thousands of bugs and glitches in the game.

The love i have for this game, is slowly dying a painful death.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I think it's hysterical that so many people are commenting on this not being released on a Thursday, and how that means "Cryptic must have learned from their mistakes".... Where have you guys been?

The original launch date, was a Tuesday.

Season 1, released on a Wednesday.

Season 2, was released on a Tuesday.

Season 3, released on a Thursday.

Season 4, released on a Thursday.

Season 5, released on a Thursday.

Season 6, also released on a Thursday.

Season 7, went live on a Tuesday.

LoR, went live on a Tuesday.

Season 8, went live on a Tuesday.

Season 9, will go live on a Tuesday!

So only 4 out of 11 release dates for major content (4 out of 10 if you exclude initial release) have happened on a Thursday. Whereas 6 out of 11 (5 out of 10 if excluding launch) will have happened on a Tuesday, with just 1 random release on a Wednesday... So Tuesday is actually the most common release day for major content updates...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    The art team is STO's biggest asset. They go A&B on literally every possible occasion.

You hear that, Tacofangs? You should be lead dev, and then some!

Nooo! if he becomes lead dev he wouldn't have time for awesome environemnts anymore. hough a bit more decision power with what should be put on a map wouldn't hurt. ;)
    Season 9 is launching on a Tuesday?

Uh - Oh. I have a very bad feeling about this....

Doesn't anyone else remember what happened to the last ship that launched from spacedock incomplete??? Remember... Tractor beams were supposed to be installed on Tuesady? Medical crew was supposed to report for duty on Tuesday???

Didn't that ship experience something nasty, just hours out of Spacedock???

::Hoping for the best, expecting the worst, Nexus Style:::(

So, delivery on tuesday should be good thing then, right? Imagine them launching on thursday and having the bug fixes not delivered until tuesday!!! XD
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be excited. And I was.. until I learned that Hawk is going to nerf my reps for 50%, and leave me with 4 measly passives. So, now I'm not so excited any more. In fact, I'm wondering whether I ever want to do another rep again. I'm going to get a gimped ship, come season 9, and a dev I can no longer trust to let us keep what they dangled in front of us to get.

Warping off.

Actually, I came to the realization that I wasn't really enjoying myself grinding these reps out. And I had quite a few alts that needed to be brought up to speed. So this ultimately has saved me time, I won't be grinding these out anymore.

I'll just continue to grind my fleet holdings and dilithium, Thanks Cryptic for lightening my load somewhat, although I feel you may regret that you've done so, as I'm not spending as much time in game as I used to.
    Check for yourself.

Now, start nerfing consoles and save me some money too. ;)
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dunno if anyone got the e-mail about the season, butbut, I think they spoiled something.

Two things about this: you got me interested and I called it!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I dunno if anyone got the e-mail about the season, butbut, I think they spoiled something.

Wow, looks like ESD got a little ****ed up there. Interesting indeed.

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, looks like ESD got a little ****ed up there. Interesting indeed.

Makes perfect sense, story-wise, with getting the new ESD that we do. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have to say that I feel much the same way some of you feel in that doing reps is now pointless. Why grind anymore if Cryptic is likely to take away the passives we'll be earning now? I, for one, will be finishing Dyson on my two alts and then I'm done. No more reps. I will probably do a few undine events to see what it's like but I'm done grinding like a fool.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What the devs did to ESD looks amazing. I also like the buffs that they did to rep gear and the ease of leveling in reps. However I am not a fan of the 4/4/4 rep trait system. This kinda killed grinding reps for me because the only 2 you need now are the romi and omega reps. I may do the Undine rep for the gear but I saw that you only offer phaser and disruptor energy types as rewards.Wich killed the want to do that rep. Is there any plans on adding plasma based gear to that rep for romi toons? Or possibly adding a romi ground set to the romi rep in the future?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    schmedicke wrote: »
    What the devs did to ESD looks amazing. I also like the buffs that they did to rep gear and the ease of leveling in reps. However I am not a fan of the 4/4/4 rep trait system. This kinda killed grinding reps for me because the only 2 you need now are the romi and omega reps. I may do the Undine rep for the gear but I saw that you only offer phaser and disruptor energy types as rewards.Wich killed the want to do that rep. Is there any plans on adding plasma based gear to that rep for romi toons? Or possibly adding a romi ground set to the romi rep in the future?

I dont play my rom toon much but that may change to level up next week. However I agree the only way to have a romulan build is to do the romulan rep nothing else has plasma weaponry. I hold little hope that this season will be any good but another season of grind. I wish we could go back to the day before Season 7 when the reps began and I was actually enjoying the game content and not getting burnt out by it and having to take breaks
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    schmedicke wrote: »
    I may do the Undine rep for the gear but I saw that you only offer phaser and disruptor energy types as rewards.Wich killed the want to do that rep. Is there any plans on adding plasma based gear to that rep for romi toons?
    Pah, real Romulans use disruptors anyway!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Yeah i got that email.
    Makes sense to destroy old esd since they are destroying the reps /sarcasm
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pah, real Romulans use disruptors anyway!

IIRC They used a plasma torpedo in TOS it was only red not green
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    draogndraogn Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So April 22nd is the last time I'll be able to toggle off and on the visuals for my kit and armor. It will be missed, and I'm not spending money on costume slots just for that.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    some nice changes, but not enough for my taste/the ones i'm waiting for (yeah, i'm a customer. idc :P :D). so somehow that new accord sounds like ol' b-minor to me :rolleyes:
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Only thing I'm looking forwards to is the eventual kit changes that are coming.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    stargazer99999stargazer99999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i hope that at the time S9 goes live we wil have solved the laging , disconect problems a lot of folks are having now the game is on some moments un-playable
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Only thing I'm looking forwards to is the eventual kit changes that are coming.

I'm actually looking forward to the new ESD interior, the new character complexion and the new kits.

I've played one Undine assault, It was okay, don't think the group and I were doing it right, so my first impression was meh. Maybe, It will be more fun when I get a clue.

But by and large, ESD is the only thing that's knocked my socks off. At least that's something.

Not happy with the changes to the rep system TBH. But I'm not raging over it, I'll just stop doing them.

I'm kinda interested in the next lock box, but I gotta say, interest overall is waning with this particular player. I hope I'm just being unreasonable.

• Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've missed out on most of S8.5 due to my income going away and being unable to afford internet. S9 looks like more of the same, but with repgrinding a bit more painless and other improvements. I really hope that this kit frame concept doesn't render crafting even more pointless than it already is (but it probably will). I also hope existing kits can be traded in for components to use in a kit frame, too.

God crafting needs to be fixed. As it stands, I have to play Space Engineers or Starbound for my crafting-in-a-space-game fix. And building Trek ships in those, while fun, is super annoying (at least in Space Engineers, because you have to put a thruster on each directional axis of the ship so that once it gets going, you don't have to pull a BSG-style Viper "flip-n-burn" maneuver in a ship the size of a Galaxy-R. Which ruins any Defiant concepts for me.)
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Am I the only one who noticed that April 22 is EARTH DAY? Is that a total coincidence, or do the dev's at least have some sense of irony?

Now if we could just get some dev's who are at least Star Trek fans, and produce some really thoughtful content. After all, the Federation was built on diplomacy and science, not just pounding aliens into submission at the business end of a phaser. Some of the best missions are those that require the solution of a logical, but unexpected problem...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    After all, the Federation was built on diplomacy and science, not just pounding aliens into submission at the business end of a phaser. Some of the best missions are those that require the solution of a logical, but unexpected problem...

Lies!!!! If the mission doesn't start with "Set phasers to KILL" then it's not worth playing!!!!

/Joke
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    rjay1985rjay1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've missed out on most of S8.5 due to my income going away and being unable to afford internet. S9 looks like more of the same, but with repgrinding a bit more painless and other improvements.

Except the moronic cooldown they are adding. It's bad enough everything in STO is a grind, but now you are telling me how often I can grind? What a bunch of TRIBBLE. I am a casual player and my time in game is valuable; don't tell me how to spend it!
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    I wonder if Honda knows about STO's new Accord. :)
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Especially since STO's new Accord will prolly bring in more money than Honda's...

Jealously... Makes people do crazy things...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm actually looking forward to the new ESD interior, the new character complexion and the new kits.

I've played one Undine assault, It was okay, don't think the group and I were doing it right, so my first impression was meh. Maybe, It will be more fun when I get a clue.

But by and large, ESD is the only thing that's knocked my socks off. At least that's something.

Not happy with the changes to the rep system TBH. But I'm not raging over it, I'll just stop doing them.

I'm kinda interested in the next lock box, but I gotta say, interest overall is waning with this particular player. I hope I'm just being unreasonable.

Yes, the new ESD is very shiny, hopefully that means people won't notice the remaining bugs, STF payout nerf, rep trait nerf, still broken crew mechanics, additional timegating . . .
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wonder if Honda knows about STO's new Accord. :)
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Especially since STO's new Accord will prolly bring in more money than Honda's...

Jealously... Makes people do crazy things...

:)
    CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34
  • Options
    daveythedumb1daveythedumb1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Upcoming content
    Jump to: navigation, search

This page is reserved for the listing of upcoming content in Star Trek Online.
    Contents

1 Season 9
    1.1 Revamp of PvP system
    1.2 Foundry improvements
    2 Lohlunat Festival (June/July - August 2014)
    3 Expansion II (late 2014)
    4 Season 10 (2015)
    5 Undetermined Release
    5.1 Ships
    5.2 Crafting revamp
    6 Older ideas
    7 References

Note: Season Nine: A New Accord was launched April 22 but is considered to span the entire period until Expansion II, scheduled to be released in late 2014. Between season launches there are small updates, C-Store releases, and minor events.
    Season 9

Decisive improvements on perks for lifetime-subscribers [1]
    2nd deflector slot for Science Vessels [2][3] and comm array item for cruisers (modifying the existing auras) [4]
    Will not be ready in time for Season 9 start, but WILL be part of Season 9.[5]

Revamp of PvP system

(To happen gradually after launch of Season 8 [6][7][8], main focus will be on space gameplay at first [9], has been given priority over Foundry improvements [10])

STO will be first game to implement a new PvP engine developed by Cryptic [7]
    PvP-faction for the Reputation System [6][11][12], "PvP Marks" as rewards [13]
    Matchmaking, e.g. matching people of comparable gear level [14]
    Rewards based on participation more than completion [15]
    PvP ratings/leaderboard tech is now available [16][17][14][18]
    Either replacing current PvP maps or revamping the existing ones [19]
    Transferring existing PvE maps (Facility 4028 amongst others) to ground PvP maps, possibly with capture-the-flag mod [20][21]
    King of the Hill PvP map for space and/or ground [22][21]
    Ground combat may have Battleground-style development in long-term [16]
    Possible: Starbase PvP Challenges [23]
    Fleet vs Fleet (KDF vs FED) territory control game ("controlling and or harvesting a vast variety of resources") [24][25] [22][26]

Foundry improvements

(Many major improvements to be ported over from Cryptic's game Neverwinter [27][1])

First half of 2014 [3]:
    Ability to create a "campaign/arc", i.e., a sorted string of several foundry missions [28][20][3]
    Ability to subscribe to specific Foundry authors [20][3]
    New assets [27][1][3]
    Interior editor [29][1]
    Ability to prepopulate maps with prefab detail object layouts [29]
    "My Favorites" tab for Foundry missions [30]
    Older plan: Foundry faction in Reputation System [12][3]
    Remastering (cutscenes etc.) and incorporating the best Foundry missions into the hard code of the game as part of the official story line; possibly replacing some of the less popular Cryptic missions [21]

Lohlunat Festival (June/July - August 2014)

Return of Lohlunat Festival (Summer Event) on Risa
    May include Swimwear and new Powerboards based on leaks
    Will most likely include a ship similar in design to the Risian Corvette

Expansion II (late 2014)

2nd expansion announced [31], "won't be any smaller than Expansion I" [4]
    Tim Russ will return again as Tuvok to further progress the Dyson/Voth/Delta Quadrant storyline after Seasons 8.5 and 9. [3][10]
    Tuvok will return in at least two more missions after "A Step Between Stars" [32]
    Another Voyager-related voice talent in addition to Tim Russ, possibly Garrett Wang as Harry Kim [10]
    Garrett Wang confirmed to return in August [33]
    Addition of Delta Quadrant [34][26][1][10]
    Delta Quadrant likely to happen before Gamma Quadrant [6]
    Delta Quadrant locations and races (such as Kazon, Malon, Vidiians, Talaxians, Krenim, the Devore, the Hierachy, and additional Borg) have slight chance of appearing in Season 8, but more likely to be Season 9 or later [35]
    Polish of Voyager/Intrepid class with ship interior bundles (possibly also containing Admiral Janeway's SC-4 shuttle with ablative armor and cloaking device [16]) might be connected to that [36][23][24][28][29][17][16][37][3]
    Federation-adapted Dauntless class [3]

Season 10 (2015)

Skill revamp [4]

Undetermined Release

Getting more voice acting in the game (for existing and new missions); DStahl & Al Rivera specifically mentioned the following Star Trek actors: [1][38]
    Robert Picardo (EMH)
    Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker)
    George Takei (Hikaru Sulu)
    Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine; likely too expensive [10])
    Brent Spiner (Data)
    John de Lancie (Q)
    Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway; likely too expensive [10])
    Expansion of Duty Officer system [1]
    DOff system to be implemented into the STO Gateway
    Likely including re-release of the Tuffli Class Freighter
    Duty officer assignment cooldowns listed (possibly Season 9) [30]
    Possible: Duty officer commendation Tier V categories added (requirement is above the 150,000 CXP cap) [39][40]
    Revamp of Bridge Officer training system [4]
    More new sectors in Alpha Quadrant [24][41], probably as "Founders of the Federation" expansion [42]
    Sector between the Sol System and Cardassia including Betazed and Trill/Trillius Prime along with other key Fed homeworlds [16][24][43][42]
    Xindi may show up in a future sector [17]
    Exploration revamp [35]
    Removing Exploration system altogether (i.e., the auto-generated missions in star clusters) is being considered as of early 2014. Star cluster Duty Officer assignments would be moved elsewhere. [3]
    Original plans were dependent on changes being introduced with the Fleet Advancement system and Fleet ownership of Starbases [29]
    Including distribution of anomalies in various star clusters [44]
    More about specific species and less about randomness, like with the Deferi [45]
    New exploration-related minigame [45]
    Level cap increase...
    ...to Admiral / General (level 60) [42][16][38]
    Ability to command a task force of other starships captained by your bridge officers [7][17][42]
    Revamped versions of Typhoon & Jupiter class dreadnoughts is a possibility [37][46]
    ...to Fleet Admiral / Dahar Master (will be maximum skillpoint cap; was in design as of February 2013, had originally been planned to happen by early 2014) [6][47][48][17][24][46][49]
    Tier 6 ships, intended to be flown by Fleet Admirals [35][50]
    Revamp of remaining un-revamped episodes [4]
    Romulan Mystery
    Cardassian Struggle
    Fek'Ihri Return
    New playable faction [38], e.g., Cardassian playable species [37]
    Return to Cardassian story would most likely be to launch a Cardassian faction with a story that players could experience for themselves [51]
    Fundamental revamp of “State of Q”, possibly copy-pasting Avery Brooks' voice for Benjamin Sisko from DS9: "Emissary" and, ideally, featuring John de Lancie as Q. To be re-introduced as stand-alone mission at some future point of time [4]
    Long-term goal of Reputation System: KDF/FED/ROM-specific reputation factions that function as voting system in which the players decide which project to fund, thereby influencing the general direction of their whole faction (e.g., which fleet ships are going to be released next etc.) [9]
    More mini-games
    "[...] entirely new mini-games that tie directly into your career" [52]
    Poker (dependent on developer free-time; very unlikely in short term as of July 2012) [23][53][54]

Ships

Last remaining canon Federation ships will come, including new designs that may not have a unique console [51]
    Stargazer/Constellation class possibly with "Picard Maneuver" [2][1]
    Constellation class saucer is ingame as of the 11th of February 2014, accidental release which is now unavailable though owners of a ship using the saucer retain it
    Model of an existing IP ship ("little bit more of an obscure ship") already build, will be released when special power is finished [3]
    New Orleans, Freedom, and Niagara classes [25]
    Refit Negh'Var [3]
    Retouching stats of Nebula and Vesta classes [4]
    "Metric ton" of new ships by the end of 2014 [3]
  • Options
    e1ime1im Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Upcoming content

(...)

STO will be first game to implement a new PvP engine developed by Cryptic

I think Neverwinter is going to beat STO to it when their next module is released in May.