test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

J'mpok

planetearth2371planetearth2371 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
could j'mpok be an undine, if possable that the death of martok was not seen by anyone but j'mpok, I find the death of martok to be suspicious, one because if they are to fight for the leadership of the empire, it has to be infront of other klingons. in the last two years i think he is an undine who pushed the empire to invade the gorn home world.
Post edited by planetearth2371 on

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    J'mpok has Lethean mercenaries nearby. They're effectively the bloodhounds of the KDF, and joined to hunt the Undine. If anything, they'd have detected him as an infiltrator a long time ago.

Keep in mind that Melani D'ian was also heavily involved in the politics, and it's rumored she helped kill Martok dishonorably when J'mpok and Martok entered the chambers and closed all the doors. She could have easily (and unfairly) beamed in and helped kill the Chancellor.

I think J'mpok is on his way out the door -- or at least close to creating a schism to divide the J'mpok loyalists (the NPCs) with the House of Martok (played by the players).
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If J'mpok is on his way out the door(good riddance from me, never cared for his character) Then who would be the challenger to take his place? There are very little Great House characters known in STO, besides the ones that have been dishonored(Torg). They wouldn't make Worf the Chancellor, maybe then the Duras heir? He seems to be an honorable sort. House of Martok is basically a husk of a not so great house anyways. Who else would it be?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    J'mpok has Lethean mercenaries nearby. They're effectively the bloodhounds of the KDF, and joined to hunt the Undine. If anything, they'd have detected him as an infiltrator a long time ago.

Keep in mind that Melani D'ian was also heavily involved in the politics, and it's rumored she helped kill Martok dishonorably when J'mpok and Martok entered the chambers and closed all the doors. She could have easily (and unfairly) beamed in and helped kill the Chancellor.

I think J'mpok is on his way out the door -- or at least close to creating a schism to divide the J'mpok loyalists (the NPCs) with the House of Martok (played by the players).

Vulcans and letheans would know no different if their master is an 8472 unlss they were told to scan their masters mind. has such an order ever been given?

there is also the idea that 8472 can dominate the minds of other telepaths and manipulate them to do what the 8472 wants, if tuvok is an indicator the letheans may not have any idea.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The truth is even more complicated than that. Working together with an Undine posing as some Romulan named D'tan (a grey haired man that according to canon should be in his 40's), they have infiltrated each Romulan Republic vessel (except for the Lleiset), with an Undine posing as a certain Mr. Khev. They will use the Scimitars to destroy each planet's population.

Why J'mpok was needed? To provide all the recourses towards the Republic that the Empire could spare.

On a serious note, J'mpok started the war against the Federation to combat Undine infiltrators. Check the Path to 2409 in the wiki, you'll see why he did this. An Undine would also start this war, but would avoid as much Undine references as possible.

and isn't this Ten Forward material
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    On a serious note, J'mpok started the war against the Federation to combat Undine infiltrators. Check the Path to 2409 in the wiki, you'll see why he did this. An Undine would also start this war, but would avoid as much Undine references as possible.
    Everyone knew about the Undines. There was nothing to hide. On the contrary, saying you start a war to fight the Undines is a good way for an Undines to stay hidden, because nobody would suspect him.

As for J'mpok, he is either an Undines, a fool, or an Orion tool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Everyone knew about the Undines. There was nothing to hide. On the contrary, saying you start a war to fight the Undines is a good way for an Undines to stay hidden, because nobody would suspect him.

This might have been true. However, if the Undine have any intelligence at all and did their homework concerning the Alpha Quadrant, they should know that wars can end due to infiltration. We saw this durinng the Dominion Cold War, where Changeling infiltration was enough to change the Klingon-Federation war into a resigned Khitomer Accord.

So they really should draw attention off themselves if they want to succeed in whater they are doing.

I go for option number two.
    :P
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Everybody knew about it, yes, but the federation did not take the threat seriously at all.
    Thats the reason why Worf sided with the Empire, too. Because the Federation refused to act.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This entire "J'mpok is an Undine" joke needs to be dropped. It's nothing more than wishfull thinking. I know it helps many Fed. players sleep easier at night, but still. :rolleyes:

The leaders - J'mpok, Aennik Okeg and D'tan are just placeholders. For us to have a figure that "commands" a faction. Neither of them "needs to" or "should" be changed, it's irrelevant.
    They don't play any role in the story we play that revolves around our characters, sometimes working togehter with iconic Trek characters that Cryptic could get to do VO work for STO.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    and isn't this Ten Forward material

Why would it be? It's not off-topic.

J'mpok started out as a bit of a hard-liner against the Romulans and the Federation, but overall I believe he's acted with honour. I know everybody loves Martok (I love Martok), but the fact that J'mpok killed him doesn't make him eeeeeevil. It's a shame nobody witnessed their combat, though.

I'm not saying J'mpok's perfect - his alliance with the Orions seems particularly questionable - but I think he's much more interesting if he's not an Undine, but instead an honourable, but sometimes foolish, Klingon.

Oh?
    After the Klingon Empire invaded Gorn space, J'mpok sent a message to President Aennik Okeg, asking for Federation assistance as spelled out in the Khitomer Accords. In response, the Federation Council condemned the invasion and demanded that the Klingons withdraw from Gorn space and return to the negotiating table.

"This is not the first time that the Klingons have acted rashly," said Councilor Astoni-Yhard of Grazer. "For all we know, they're chasing shadows. What reason would these 'Undine' have for being here now?"

The Klingon response was swift. In a tersely worded message, J'mpok pulled the Klingon Empire out of the Khitomer Accords and recalled all Klingon ambassadors back to Qo'noS.

"Chancellor J'mpok's decision is regrettable," Okeg said. "However, it is his to make. We will continue to do all we can to repair our relationship wiht [(sic) our longtime friends in the Klingon Empire."
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    edited April 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Why would it be? It's not off-topic.

J'mpok started out as a bit of a hard-liner against the Romulans and the Federation, but overall I believe he's acted with honour. I know everybody loves Martok (I love Martok), but the fact that J'mpok killed him doesn't make him eeeeeevil. It's a shame nobody witnessed their combat, though.

I'm not saying J'mpok's perfect - his alliance with the Orions seems particularly questionable - but I think he's much more interesting if he's not an Undine, but instead an honourable, but sometimes foolish, Klingon.
    J'mpok good friends are from the House of Duras, the least honorable house. One that was banned for siding with Romulans (several times), amongst other crimes.

His best allied were the House of Torg, who are now banned. Honorless murderer, who killed a threat to J'mpok, Mven, Martok's grandson.

He made peace with the Orions, honorless slavers and criminals. He sent several thousands Orions women as "slaves" to great houses, and we know what Orions females do once they are "slaves" somewhere.

While "crazy eyes" Goron had proof his government was infiltrated by changelling, and saw Starfleet and him were sharing a common foe, while the Dominion was (successfully) trying to undermine their friendship, he renewed the alliance, and fought together. What J'mpok did when Starfleet joined the fight against the Undine and the Iconians, who are the biggest reasons why the alliance was broken ? He kept fighting Starfleet.
    Thx for the link, I quote :
    In one of the Admiral's first briefings to Starfleet Command, he laid out what he saw as the current Undine situation in the Federation. Chakotay admitted that Starfleet Intelligence believed that there were at least 30 Undine infiltrators in Starfleet or high-level Federation posts.
    You can also search for the T'Vix incident.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    He made peace with the Orions, honorless slavers and criminals. He sent several thousands Orions women as "slaves" to great houses, and we know what Orions females do once they are "slaves" somewhere.

And guess what? In a month from now, the Federation will be allied with those same thieves, honorless slavers and criminals! ;) Maybe D'ian will send a few girls to give Okeg a lap dance.

This actually speaks a lot about the low quality of writing and retconning at Cryptic, than it says anything about J'mpok.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this is why hardliner canon types like myself stare at the abysmal massacre of established canon. im just glad its in a game and not on the tv screen!
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited April 2014
    Honestly, the problems with J'mpok are within it's writing.
    There are 2 strategic mistakes:
    1. Killing Martok. While it makes absolutely sense in-verse, I'd guess that the majority of players liking the Klingon side liked/loved Martok. So setting the guy who killed one of our most beloved characters in front of our noses as "our new leader" was just dump. That's not how you get Klingon-trek fans involved into your story.

2. He's boring as a characters. Gowron, for example, couldn't be further away from a competent leader, but the viewers liked him as a character. You know, crazy eyes and "Woooooooooooorf!!!!" He was unique.
    J'mpok is boring and generic in his appearance. Nothing special about him.

So ultimately, the for the average player, his only characteristic is "killed Martok".
    Both that facts make him very disliked by a lot of players.

With his background in any other regards, he's actually a good character. He could work if he wasn't half assed cryptic style.
    edited April 2014
    Honestly, the problems with J'mpok are within it's writing.
    There are 2 strategic mistakes:
    1. Killing Martok. While it makes absolutely sense in-verse, I'd guess that the majority of players liking the Klingon side liked/loved Martok. So setting the guy who killed one of our most beloved characters in front of our noses as "our new leader" was just dump. That's not how you get Klingon-trek fans involved into your story.

2. He's boring as a characters. Gowron, for example, couldn't be further away from a competent leader, but the viewers liked him as a character. You know, crazy eyes and "Woooooooooooorf!!!!" He was unique.
    J'mpok is boring and generic in his appearance. Nothing special about him.

So ultimately, the for the average player, his only characteristic is "killed Martok".
    Both that facts make him very disliked by a lot of players.

With his background in any other regards, he's actually a good character. He could work if he wasn't half assed cryptic style.

Well I guess in a weird way it makes sense. A Halfassed leader for a halfassed faction *shrugs*
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • letsrishletsrish Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    J'mpok isn't Undine. I think he's pretty much who he seems to be: a maybe not too bright but ambitious, hard-line Klingon who grew dissatisfied with the whole 'get along with people instead of punching them' thing the Empire had going for a while there with the Federation. The Undine were a convenient rationale to start up a fight.

The obvious Undine is B'vat, what with his scenery-chewing speech where he declares, "There are no innocents! Only the strong, and the weak!" Sound familiar? Then there's the time travel bit where you meet young B'vat, who seems a decent fellow, and wonders what could have happened to make his older self so bitter and spiteful. He was also the Arbiter of Succession in that closed-doors fight between Martok and J'mpok. Basically, he was perfectly placed to be the power behind the scenes, the kind of guy the Undine would attempt to replace.
    edited April 2014
    letsrish wrote: »
    J'mpok isn't Undine. I think he's pretty much who he seems to be: a maybe not too bright but ambitious, hard-line Klingon who grew dissatisfied with the whole 'get along with people instead of punching them' thing the Empire had going for a while there with the Federation. The Undine were a convenient rationale to start up a fight.

The obvious Undine is B'vat, what with his scenery-chewing speech where he declares, "There are no innocents! Only the strong, and the weak!" Sound familiar? Then there's the time travel bit where you meet young B'vat, who seems a decent fellow, and wonders what could have happened to make his older self so bitter and spiteful. He was also the Arbiter of Succession in that closed-doors fight between Martok and J'mpok. Basically, he was perfectly placed to be the power behind the scenes, the kind of guy the Undine would attempt to replace.

Very valid, and thought provoking, wondering now when we'll see B'vat exposed ala Gowron seeing Martok as a shapeshifter. Will J'mpok become a better character at that point? I still don't really think he's that great, even with the reasons listed in this thread. He just seems uninspiring to me, and I do think he looks very generic. Why haven't we seen him captaining any flagships in the storyline at all? Did his voice actor fall out of line with Cryptic? If that's the case, then just kill him off, and bring someone new in so my KDF toons can feel the Blood fo the Warrior thumping in their veins, and sing songs of glorious battles that they have been a part of.

That or just join the Federation, because I feel like half the game is me helping the Feds anyways, even though we're supposedly at war. And I still really hate how the KDF just allied with the Romulans. Even with the whole Empress Sela/D'tan hate thing going on, I think the deceit of the romulans in the past would be most hard to forgive and forget for many Klingons, especially Ja'Rod since he seems the most honorable Duras to be seen in the Star Trek universe, and the dealings with the Romulans has cost his family everything.
    edited April 2014
    Yet, he is making more friends, mercenary contracts and alliances in his short time as Chancellor, than the Klingons ever did in all their history.
    Orions allied, Lethean mercenary, Gorn vassals/allies (the line is thin, they have a Gorn as a permanent guest in the council, and a Gorn as ambassador), Lethean friends, and probably the worst of all since Khitomer : Romulan allies.

For a Chancellor that want to have the Empire as it was in the past, he is very friendly. Unless you are the Federation, that is.

I also think in the end it's poorly written character added to gameplay need (for example having a lot of aliens species, while in the shows the Klingon Empire was made of, well, Klingons).
    But in the end, lorewise, it's a bad Chancellor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Very valid, and thought provoking, wondering now when we'll see B'vat exposed ala Gowron seeing Martok as a shapeshifter.

um... B'Vat's hard to "expose" as an undine agent is kinda hard considering we killed him, and then blew up the cruiser his body was on.... makes a post mortem hard to do when the body is ashes floating in space. unless he kept physical records somewhere of his "Undine exploits" I doubt you can, and I doubt such a guy was so stupid.
  • letsrishletsrish Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The way I see it is that he sees how the Federation gains advantage by being an alliance of races, and then applies that lesson by allying himself with, let's say, more relatively antagonistic races. The list of species and empires he is cavorting with, are generally those who don't mind getting a little dirty, or violent. As I said previously, he's a guy who wants to fight, and of course he wants to win, so he allies himself with other fighters.

Now, that being said, I agree with others that he is a really bland, uninteresting character, which is a shame, because the overarching story that he supposedly is a big part of is certainly interesting enough. The writers just aren't utilizing it, or him, very well.
    edited April 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    um... B'Vat's hard to "expose" as an undine agent is kinda hard considering we killed him, and then blew up the cruiser his body was on.... makes a post mortem hard to do when the body is ashes floating in space. unless he kept physical records somewhere of his "Undine exploits" I doubt you can, and I doubt such a guy was so stupid.

Sorry I forgot about all that, guess it's time to actually play through the storyline again and not just "F" through it as fast as I can on a new alt.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry I forgot about all that, guess it's time to actually play through the storyline again and not just "F" through it as fast as I can on a new alt.

not that im saying he couldnt have been.... just saying the storyline makes it hard to proove unless theres some "off screen evidence" found.
    edited April 2014

B'Vat is obviously not an undine because
    A. Undine are smart infiltrators. Throwing undine catchphrases arround is something an undine infiltrator wouldn't do.
    B. he was far to involved in his personal scheme that didn't really further the undines goal. He was just an idiot.
    edited April 2014
    Very valid, and thought provoking, wondering now when we'll see B'vat exposed ala Gowron seeing Martok as a shapeshifter. Will J'mpok become a better character at that point? I still don't really think he's that great, even with the reasons listed in this thread. He just seems uninspiring to me, and I do think he looks very generic. Why haven't we seen him captaining any flagships in the storyline at all? Did his voice actor fall out of line with Cryptic? If that's the case, then just kill him off, and bring someone new in so my KDF toons can feel the Blood fo the Warrior thumping in their veins, and sing songs of glorious battles that they have been a part of.

The voice actor did not fall out of line with Cryptic, in fact they only recently added voiceovers for J'mpok.
    Personally I think J'mpok and K'Gan have the best voiceovers in STO, not considering iconic characters that had special guest star Trek actors that do VO work for them.

As to J'mpok looking generic and not seing him captaining flagships - it's because he's suposed to be a 'placeholder' leader. Just like the other leaders. Heck, at least we can meet and talk with J'mpok, anyone seen Aennik Okeg lately? Or ever?
    These leaders are just for us players to have an representation of the "main guy" in the faction, for story and flavor purposes. They really have no role beyond that and they're not suposed to have. Even if they change the leaders, the new leaders would be as much static and uninspiring - just like any 'placeholder' character is suposed to be.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    J'mpok good friends are from the House of Duras, the least honorable house. One that was banned for siding with Romulans (several times), amongst other crimes.

His best allied were the House of Torg, who are now banned. Honorless murderer, who killed a threat to J'mpok, Mven, Martok's grandson.

1) House of Duras isn't as dishonorable as it once was. Ja'rod, as much as he needs to be bailed out alot, has been the take the blame guy for the House of Torg and the House of B'Vat. No seriously. Go re-read the Path to 2409, he's actually not a bad guy. He's just been royally screwed over by his "allies." Ja'rod actually turned down a seat on the high council citing "I don't deserve to be one of you yet. I will return to Qo'noS a hero or not at all." And then took off to go do his missions. Plus he was the one who found out the Undine. Just saying.

2) Torg was also discommendated BY J'mpok. And condemned by him. Klingons take honor very seriously and Torg called his alliance with the Tal Shiar the same as allying with the Republic. Which J'mpok didn't take very well.

3) The whole Orion plotline is a point of suspicion but until we see more evidence, its unclear how much control Melani D'ian has.

4) Most people miss the backstory build up to the Gorn War that began *after* J'mpok took power. Because J'mpok and 90% of the high council were basically calling Martok a coward for not fighting the Gorn for 4 years. That's alot of patience for Klingons. He waited 4 years before he decided "TRIBBLE this! Enough is enough" and slayed Martok. And even then, he was very even handed in his dealing with the Gorn threat - he tracked down the Undine in their midst, and he even faced King Slathis in personal combat. And then he chose NOT to slay the Gorn King, but instead offered him a non-voting seat on the high council, something Martok would never do ("We are klingons, we don't work with races, we conquer them!").

All in all, besides the Orion thing and we've got only a handful of evidence, J'mpok is actually a reasonable authority figure, if unpopular with players. He's taken the Empire down a more sustainable path with multi-species cooperation (with the Klingons still at the top naturally), expanded the Empire's borders after nearly a century of lack of growth (and with some planets like Krios, indeed, loss) and has encouraged more diplomacy with outside races.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    J'empok gets a lot of flack from players because he killed a much beloved character, Martok. He is no Undine though, apart from being surrounded by Lethean telepaths who have being instrumental in revealing Undine infiltrators he has acted with honor and like a Klingon.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I think it would be more interesting on the whole if he is bright, he is trying to burn the Empire down, and he's not an Undine or a Changeling or a Manchurian Candidate type who's been brainwashed.

The only thing comparable would be the Tal Shiar so I like the idea that he was approached by the Iconians and decided to position himself as Chancellor and then plots the destruction of Qo'noS, which only works if the Klingon military is worn down and distracted, far from home. And his endgame is to send the star of the Qo'noS system into a supernova like the Tal Shiar did with Hobus.

It would be a big arc for the game if one of the faction's leaders was out to destroy their own homeworld again and we had a chance at preventing a repeat of the destruction of Romulus. It would also further the Iconian plot and establish their MO if we see that their approach is to get a leader to wipe out their own race.
    edited April 2014
    I think it would be more interesting on the whole if he is bright, he is trying to burn the Empire down, and he's not an Undine or a Changeling or a Manchurian Candidate type who's been brainwashed.

The only thing comparable would be the Tal Shiar so I like the idea that he was approached by the Iconians and decided to position himself as Chancellor and then plots the destruction of Qo'noS, which only works if the Klingon military is worn down and distracted, far from home. And his endgame is to send the star of the Qo'noS system into a supernova like the Tal Shiar did with Hobus.

It would be a big arc for the game if one of the faction's leaders was out to destroy their own homeworld again and we had a chance at preventing a repeat of the destruction of Romulus. It would also further the Iconian plot and establish their MO if we see that their approach is to get a leader to wipe out their own race.

Yes, because a carbon-copy of the Romulan storyline is just what we were missing in STO. :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1) House of Duras isn't as dishonorable as it once was. Ja'rod, as much as he needs to be bailed out alot, has been the take the blame guy for the House of Torg and the House of B'Vat. No seriously. Go re-read the Path to 2409, he's actually not a bad guy. He's just been royally screwed over by his "allies." Ja'rod actually turned down a seat on the high council citing "I don't deserve to be one of you yet. I will return to Qo'noS a hero or not at all." And then took off to go do his missions. Plus he was the one who found out the Undine. Just saying.
    Ja'rod is cool. I really want HIM as Chancellor.
    2) Torg was also discommendated BY J'mpok. And condemned by him. Klingons take honor very seriously and Torg called his alliance with the Tal Shiar the same as allying with the Republic. Which J'mpok didn't take very well.
    Yeah, Jm'pok was in a bit of a bind there, but he did the right thing. Torg insulted his honor in front of the high council and allied with the freaking Tal Shiar. He had to go.
    3) The whole Orion plotline is a point of suspicion but until we see more evidence, its unclear how much control Melani D'ian has.
    Lazy writing so people could play Orion girls.
    4) Most people miss the backstory build up to the Gorn War that began *after* J'mpok took power. Because J'mpok and 90% of the high council were basically calling Martok a coward for not fighting the Gorn for 4 years. That's alot of patience for Klingons. He waited 4 years before he decided "TRIBBLE this! Enough is enough" and slayed Martok. And even then, he was very even handed in his dealing with the Gorn threat - he tracked down the Undine in their midst, and he even faced King Slathis in personal combat. And then he chose NOT to slay the Gorn King, but instead offered him a non-voting seat on the high council, something Martok would never do ("We are klingons, we don't work with races, we conquer them!").
    Yeah, Jm'pol isn't that bad of a dude, just sort of not really developed yet. He's not a bad Klingon leader, as leaders go. Sure, he's only a mediocre non-Klingon leader, but as a Klingon leader he's pretty good.

When Starfleet (infiltrated by Undine, such as Sokketh and T'vix and the Deltan lady and probably T'nae and maybe Quinn as well) got all upset over Ja'rod and the Klingons' crusade against the Undine, the Klingons (rightly, from their cultural standpoint) saw that as a breach of the Khitomer Accords, and responded in a fully appropriate fashion.

Jm'pok isn't a rabid Federation-hating monster. He's just a by-the-books Klingon leader.
    All in all, besides the Orion thing and we've got only a handful of evidence, J'mpok is actually a reasonable authority figure, if unpopular with players. He's taken the Empire down a more sustainable path with multi-species cooperation (with the Klingons still at the top naturally), expanded the Empire's borders after nearly a century of lack of growth (and with some planets like Krios, indeed, loss) and has encouraged more diplomacy with outside races.

Agreed. He's not bad, just weakly written at times and sort of generic.

I still want Ja'rod as Chancellor, though. There's a real Klingon man for you.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this is why hardliner canon types like myself stare at the abysmal massacre of established canon. im just glad its in a game and not on the tv screen!

Yeah, you might end up getting a masterpiece of television entertainment like Enterprise, that was incredibly successful and was hailed for years after as the most perfect story that ever existed in human history, and caused TV guide to cry rainbows when it was cancelled by the evil television network that ate babies for dinner.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Yeah, you might end up getting a masterpiece of television entertainment like Enterprise, that was incredibly successful and was hailed for years after as the most perfect story that ever existed in human history, and caused TV guide to cry rainbows when it was cancelled by the evil television network that ate babies for dinner.

While I can't argue against the financial "success" of Enterprise, as a show it did round out the Trek universe, and bring up some pretty important issues that cropped up after the September 11 attack. The previous shows couldn't do that; Enterprise could. And it did that well, if nothing else.

As for CBS? Frak CBS. They don't even respond to my emails.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!