test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug: Romulan Operative Boffs no longer working.

turbommx1turbommx1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Toon: Non romulan Federation Vulcan science toon.

Bug: Romulan operative boffs no longer providing the CritH and CritD boosts to the toon.

When i loaded into the game to check out the new traits screen i noticed that for some reason the Romulan Operative trait was showing up on my toons trait list. Figured it was unusual.

I then unseated both of my Romulan tactical boffs with superior Operative trait and the Trait then removed itself from my tray. However i then slotted a alternate trait and reseated them the trait no longer appears to be working on my ship in any fashion.

I then Removed then unseated my romulans. Removed the extra trait so there was one slot spare. And then reseated them. The Trait then showed up as a character trait again (however not stacked as before)
Post edited by turbommx1 on

Comments

• Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I checked this and the Super Rom Op traits from boffs as the OP says do not work. The Rom Operative trait for my Romulan toon does work however. I disabled my toons rom operative trait in case it was a stacking issue and not 1 boff with super rom op trait would work. So it doesn't appear to be a stacking issue. The trait from the boffs appears to be busted.

I hope this is a work in progress to not allow stacking of operative traits be it basic normal or super. But if so they'd still need to ensure that the Romulan toon's operative trait does work independently of a boffs operative trait. That way they can still get their extra bonus for being a Romulan and be able to use a boff with the operative trait like everyone else. Otherwise there's no point in having a rom toon.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this is quite possibly the best news this year.
    might we finally be seeing some parity coming to the factions? hopeful, but not optimistic.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    might we finally be seeing some parity coming to the factions? hopeful, but not optimistic.

Parity? Liar.

The thing the romulans had to show for the -40 power was the operatives. Take that away, and its -40 power.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    and free battle cloak, captain traits, singularity gimmicks, supinf, a free vet boff, the best ships in sto, and so on. the -40 power thing is a running joke.
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    and free battle cloak, captain traits, singularity gimmicks, supinf, a free vet boff, the best ships in sto, and so on. the -40 power thing is a running joke.

Sorry i have to:

+40 powers, comm arrays, embassy romulan boffs, t4 diplomacy boff pirate, efficient saurian, soon flanking, soon sec. deflector, better warp core modifiers, better crusiers, better science ships, 3x more ships... and so on... :P
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    fsuikafsuika Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry i have to:

+40 powers, comm arrays, embassy romulan boffs, t4 diplomacy boff pirate, efficient saurian, soon flanking, soon sec. deflector, better warp core modifiers, better crusiers, better science ships, 3x more ships... and so on... :P

troll post?
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if romulan boffs are nerfed/non stacked, i quit.
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    If this is intentional, will be quite sad. They could've easily added Eng/Sci boffs with Superior Romulan Operative into the embassy for fed/ klinks to get to balance it out.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Have you checked other traits? Pirate? Leadership? Efficient? That'd be a good thing to test on a test server.

Does Superior stack with non-Superior? With the Captain trait?
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's about time that the devs make Romulan Operatives unstackable. Their traits are completely unbalanced in comparison to other species and only achieved to shoehorn all three factions to always employ (Embassy) Romulans as BOffs and make all other options obsolete.

Furthermore it's beyond me why anyone would need such a giant modifier to crith/crith. PvE is already as easy as it can get. This change basically only affects PvP. Also, even after this possible nerf, Romulan ships would still be the best in the game.
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited April 2014

they also have to remove leech from romulans for parity.
  • Options
    shadow88030shadow88030 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I believe the better option would have been to make Romulan Operative boffs more available to fed and kdf toons via embassy options rather than to nerf the stacking.

If this is a permanent change, it's going to anger a LOT of people. I honestly understand that the trait gives an unfair advantage to Romulan players, but what about all of the time and resources players have already spent to get them? Romulan players have spent tens of millions of EC in order to acquire these boffs (unless you run 20 Romulan toons, constantly searching for the recruitment mission, most players have and will buy them), and Fed and KDF officers have had to spend a fair amount of FCs and Dilithium (and before you say how easy it is to get those resources, try to understand that what is easy for YOU isn't easy for everyone).

If Cryptic is looking for the most diplomatic solution to this, please consider adding Eng and Sci Rom Op boffs to the Embassy. I really do think that completing PvE content in a millisecond because of these boffs is NOT necessary, but this is something that will drive some dedicated PvE players away, especially on top of the Reputation trait changes.

Edit: Try to understand that my concern doesn't come out of my wish to keep super-pwning PvE NPCs, it comes because so many have already left this game, many of my friends and others (as I keep seeing in posts throughout the forums). We don't need one more thing to drive away the people who have played this game for years.
    Starfleet: Persephone, Silas, Alexandra, Purrs-a-lot, Insanity, Alala, Nicki Minaj, Apathy and Liz Lemon
    KDF: Absolution, Vox, Vadim, Sammiches and Unknown Refugee
    Member of Network 23 FED and Imperial Legion
  • Options
    sphinxlolsphinxlol Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I completely believe what Shadow has said, if this really is a change they plan on implementing, the better option would be to give everyone access to a full complement of SRO boffs, instead of removing the one thing that makes up for the loss of power inherent with all Romulan ships.
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why not make boff traits trainable, that way every faction would get access to the same boff traits.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I believe the better option would have been to make Romulan Operative boffs more available to fed and kdf toons via embassy options rather than to nerf the stacking.

If this is a permanent change, it's going to anger a LOT of people. I honestly understand that the trait gives an unfair advantage to Romulan players, but what about all of the time and resources players have already spent to get them? Romulan players have spent tens of millions of EC in order to acquire these boffs (unless you run 20 Romulan toons, constantly searching for the recruitment mission, most players have and will buy them), and Fed and KDF officers have had to spend a fair amount of FCs and Dilithium (and before you say how easy it is to get those resources, try to understand that what is easy for YOU isn't easy for everyone).

If Cryptic is looking for the most diplomatic solution to this, please consider adding Eng and Sci Rom Op boffs to the Embassy. I really do think that completing PvE content in a millisecond because of these boffs is NOT necessary, but this is something that will drive some dedicated PvE players away, especially on top of the Reputation trait changes.

Edit: Try to understand that my concern doesn't come out of my wish to keep super-pwning PvE NPCs, it comes because so many have already left this game, many of my friends and others (as I keep seeing in posts throughout the forums). We don't need one more thing to drive away the people who have played this game for years.

This <
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So you people think that the answer to feds and kdfs being complete and utter **** is to nerf romulans so they are complete and utter **** as well. This is bull****, people have invested time and resources into building setups around these traits for a year now, they have no business messing with it. If they do, just 1 more reason not to come back to this ****ing game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The reman ambush lenght bonus trait is not working on holodeck, so I'm not sure if this is a nerf, or just a bug.

Either way, if this is a nerf, give romulans warp cores.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if romulan boffs are nerfed/non stacked, i quit.

can i haz your stuff?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    spencerb96 wrote: »
    If this is intentional, will be quite sad. They could've easily added Eng/Sci boffs with Superior Romulan Operative into the embassy for fed/ klinks to get to balance it out.
    that wouldnt address the issue of powercreep though. and believe it or not, not all kdf/feds want to have to stack their bridge with uncustomisable romulan embassy boffs to have half a chance of measuring up to the romulan standard.
    john98837 wrote: »
    So you people think that the answer to feds and kdfs being complete and utter **** is to nerf romulans so they are complete and utter **** as well. This is bull****, people have invested time and resources into building setups around these traits for a year now, they have no business messing with it. If they do, just 1 more reason not to come back to this ****ing game.
    where were you when the efficients and leaderships got the nerf? the years the pirates didnt work at all? was my years long investment in my kdf toons taken into consideration when the roided up roms were dropped on us in LoR? no, not at all. my toons were made obsolete so that cryptic could sell more TRIBBLE in the cstore.

but like i said earlier, i am hopeful but not optimistic. i think the chances are pretty good that this feature will be 'fixed' and you romulans can happily continue owning everything you encounter.
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2014

If this is a permanent change, it's going to anger a LOT of people. I honestly understand that the trait gives an unfair advantage to Romulan players,people who have played this game for years.

sigh one o fthe problems with all mmos is people dont really care care if its unfair they like it UNFAIR if it benefits them this is just another example not to mention they nerfed the fed doffs remember??? remember the leadership trait on humans ??? yeah same post were there then to "if they do this im quitting " sooooo let the standoff begin...first to blink loses
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    but like i said earlier, i am hopeful but not optimistic. i think the chances are pretty good that this feature will be 'fixed' and you romulans can happily continue owning everything you encounter.

I honestly don't need to steamroll with my rom, I don't really care. What I DO care about is the hemorrhaging of friends and good players I have been seeing recently. Not even PESTF is as busy anymore, and many other PvE channels are becoming ghost towns. Maybe it's seasonal, but this time it really feels different. People are already upset about the reputation trait changes, and now this. As John said, you have game vets that have not only spent hours grinding for these officers and gear dedicated to certain builds, but also have spent as much time researching the ways these builds work at optimum level. I really do feel that this would be the proverbial nail in the coffin for many PvE vets.

And for the record, the KDF is my favorite faction, hands down. I love playing my KDF Gorn engineer and my Orion tac. I just think that simply making romulan engineer and science boffs available to KDF and Feds would be a better option at this time. There may not be 'I quit' threads all over, but people have been noticing fewer and fewer people in all areas of the game. Seasonal? Maybe...I hope so, I really do.
    Starfleet: Persephone, Silas, Alexandra, Purrs-a-lot, Insanity, Alala, Nicki Minaj, Apathy and Liz Lemon
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Edit: Actually, for the record, I'd rather be running through the ground stfs with my Gorn then doing Ise for the millionth time, but ground stfs are painful to pug and no one I'm organized channels likes to do them. I play space PvE because that's where my friends and colleagues are...or were anyways.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I honestly don't need to steamroll with my rom, I don't really care. What I DO care about is the hemorrhaging of friends and good players I have been seeing recently. Not even PESTF is as busy anymore, and many other PvE channels are becoming ghost towns. Maybe it's seasonal, but this time it really feels different. People are already upset about the reputation trait changes, and now this. As John said, you have game vets that have not only spent hours grinding for these officers and gear dedicated to certain builds, but also have spent as much time researching the ways these builds work at optimum level. I really do feel that this would be the proverbial nail in the coffin for many PvE vets.

And for the record, the KDF is my favorite faction, hands down. I love playing my KDF Gorn engineer and my Orion tac. I just think that simply making romulan engineer and science boffs available to KDF and Feds would be a better option at this time. There may not be 'I quit' threads all over, but people have been noticing fewer and fewer people in all areas of the game. Seasonal? Maybe...I hope so, I really do.
    The reputation revamp is not a nerf, while this one, if confirmed, would be a huge one.
    For the record, there are people like me who are not only romulans LOL, but also humans, klingon, nausicaan, trill with a bank account ( purchased from the c-store of course ), with a full set of toons working ... as a team.
    Anyway, the mistake was in the beginning : they should have not put such powerful traits on romulans from the start ... and a worse mistake now would be to nerf those traits, after many guys ( judging from how well scimitars got sold and are being sold, I believe many ) have invested lots of EC, dilithium, whatever ... to buy those VERY EXPENSIVE romulan SRO boffs.
    LOL, that would even go against your financial interests, Cryptic dudes !
    Yes, you don't measure people leaving or quitting from the forum posts ... Most just quit without a word.
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    where were you when the efficients and leaderships got the nerf? the years the pirates didnt work at all? was my years long investment in my kdf toons taken into consideration when the roided up roms were dropped on us in LoR? no, not at all. my toons were made obsolete so that cryptic could sell more TRIBBLE in the cstore.

I'm against anything craptic nerfs or breaks, leadership and efficient should both be far more powerful than they are, and feds need a damage boosting boff trait like kdf finally have. The kdf one is also far to weak, should be more like 3 or 4%. If you pay attention i'm usually on here telling them exactly where they can shove it every time they nerf things.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Parity? Liar.

The thing the romulans had to show for the -40 power was the operatives. Take that away, and its -40 power.

Yes, Elena ... let's defend the Republic from our nerfing enemies ! :D:P ;-)
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Romulan players have spent tens of millions of EC in order to acquire these boffs
    If they remove these stacks, I want a refund for the millions of EC and dilithium spent to get them on all my toons. I want EC and dilithium back from Embassy projects as well because the BOFF's are useless if this happens. Not to mention all the time spent to get them would be wasted.
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think it's just a bug. But I do wish they'd do something about the stacking. I'd suggest the following.

Get rid of basic normal and super rom ops and just have them all be normal. Yes romulans would be reduced by 2% crit hit and 4.8% crit severity. But with the rep revamp you'd only loose 1% crit hit and crit severity would gain by 1.2%. You'd still end up doing more damage in S9 then S8 due to the other rep passives.

Have embassy sci and eng rom boffs with the operative trait. This bring Feds and Klinks closer to romulan's dps. However the Romulans would still have the advantage.

This is a good step is getting all 3 closer to each other. It in no way nerfs anyone. Everyone's damage is increased as a result and in no way makes 1 race extremely OP vs how Romulans are extremely OP curently.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Get rid of basic normal and super rom ops and just have them all be normal. Yes romulans would be reduced by 2% crit hit and 4.8% crit severity. But with the rep revamp you'd only loose 1% crit hit and crit severity would gain by 1.2%. You'd still end up doing more damage in S9 then S8 due to the other rep passives.

Wait a minute ... Maybe it's not a bug : what if this is what they are aiming to for S9, by trying and tinkering with the crits on holodeck and tribble? Bringing a kind of balance between S9 rep power revamps and present SRO stats, without nerfing the last ones ?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    fsuikafsuika Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    Why not make boff traits trainable, that way every faction would get access to the same boff traits.

that won't fix the bigger problem this trait is way too strong
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Honestly, they are taking away or bugging the ONLY THING that made the romulans equal to feds and kdf with their otherwise weak, underpowered and downright fragile ships.

So if they do.... I demand warp cores for romulans.