test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug: Romulan Operative Boffs no longer working.

Comments

• Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    If this is a nerf it will go down as one of the dumbest moves they have ever made. I will leave this game for good, and a **** ton of people will be right behind me, all those people that are right at the breaking point with craptics bull****, this will be what puts it over the edge. This is all about there lazyness and lack of imagination, instead of building new, challenging content, that people actually want to play they seem to think nerfing everything and leaving us with the same recycled **** is the answer.

As to the legal stuff, yeah there is no legal recourse, craptic and there lawyers make sure of that, but that doesn't change the fact that all this is terrible customer service and bad for business. But its america, and communist china, if they want to kill there business go for it.

And no, you cannot "haz my stuff", I will keep it all to spite you for being dumb enough to keep playing this game.

Good, by all means leave.
    We don't need people like you exploiting obviously broken mechanics. :rolleyes:

People like you are a detriment to the game rather an a benefit.
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Uhh, traits aren't properly working on tribble at the moment. So, yeah. This is awkward....
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited April 2014

He is freaking right.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Short answer: LOL NOPE

Long answer:

So! Still freaking sue and publicize it all over the place. Every MMO gaming review site possible.

Hell do it now. So, everywhere someone reads about Cryptic - Star Trek Online. All new possible players will see the BS. Cryptic is will end up trying to resolve it as fast as possible.
  • Options
    fsuikafsuika Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So! Still freaking sue and publicize it all over the place. Every MMO gaming review site possible.

Hell do it now. So, everywhere someone reads about Cryptic - Star Trek Online. All new possible players will see the BS. Cryptic is will end up trying to resolve it as fast as possible.

my god you're crazy
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    fsuika wrote: »
    my god you're crazy

I go to the extreme if I feel something is being taken away from me. Don't give me a plate of food then take it away, saying oh. I am limited to what I can eat especially strawberries. I'll hurt a person.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I go to the extreme if I feel something is being taken away from me. Don't give me a plate of food then take it away, saying oh. I am limited to what I can eat especially strawberries. I'll hurt a person.

Then maybe you should stop playing MMORPG's.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Then maybe you should stop playing MMORPG's.

I'm not going stop playing what I put the time in for. I'm laughing at the crazy line. I'm far from it. Actually, I'm a sweetheart. I liked how a person described me extremely sarcsstic sometimes cynical but as to valuesit'sf friendship, being loyal, and kind. Even to the point of having honor and being trustworthy even intregity. I have that.

I just admit when I see BS and have no problem saying it. This so called bug which can lead to a possible stealth Nerf because some people don't want to take the time to learn the game mechanics to be competitive. Which is nonsense. Is just that, period.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Uhh, traits aren't properly working on tribble at the moment. So, yeah. This is awkward....

Hahah, you shouldn't have told them, now the show is over, lol
  • Options
    alfiedonoalfiedono Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Short answer: LOL NOPE

Long answer:

That stuff doesn't mean a rats TRIBBLE if a company's conduct is found to be breach of fair trading law. TOSs are merely agreements between private parties, fair trading law is about consumer protection and standards of conduct, in 99% of the time any contractual provision that contravenes statutiry law is deemed null and void by default.

90% of all disclaimers, warranties, non-compete clauses, limitations to liability and stuff that lawyers put in contracts they write are unenforceable - just doesn't hurt for them to have them there.

The real hurdle is who cares enough about a dying game to sue its creators. And by no means am I suggesting you should.

In any case I'm still hoping that this is all some sort of bug/misunderstanding, if the devs don't go nerfinng everything in sight, I would actually continue to like this game even if it's not quite perfect.
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited April 2014

...says the person that doesn't understand anything about the game mechanics and wants a significant buff to beams...

You are saying the game is so broken, just because things don't work the way you would like them to work, it's better for most of us, if you leave, but John is one of the good players, let him stay.

You do remember the fixes to the Leadership-Trait? It was announced, people complained that their OP passive regenerating builds were broken, it was still put to Holodeck. If this is a nerf, then I'd like to see that in the patchnotes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We have no idea what's going on atm and no notes suggest any changes were made. So please be patient until we get an answer. If you must post about it then please be constructive. There are quite a few good examples positive and negative in this thread and i thank those people for their posts.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We have no idea what's going on atm and no notes suggest any changes were made. So please be patient until we get an answer. If you must post about it then please be constructive. There are quite a few good examples positive and negative in this thread and i thank those people for their posts.

Just because no notes were made doesn't negate the possibility that it could be a stealth nerf.

Look at the latest NWS nerf. There were no patch notes, and no developer posts about it or in response to the outrage that followed.

Now take a look at this thread, another nerf that would follow suit with their latest choices, with no developer posts or patch notes that follow. The thread was created before the weekend as well.

Cryptic's stealth nerfs and recent actions of steamrolling players and their hard work/possessions, doesn't really help the "this may be a bug" argument. Personally I hope it is, otherwise I will quit.
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's a bug. We're investigating.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Don't fix it, make it a new feature!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014

This is actually a bug that I wouldn't mind if it stuck permanently.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited April 2014

like i said, hopeful but not optimistic.
  • Options
    soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    This is actually a bug that I wouldn't mind if it stuck permanently.

A lot of people have spent 10's of millions of EC and Dilithium for them on multiple toons. Nerfing them would waste too much end game money used to buy these BOFF's and fleet upgrades. I'm glad this is a bug and not a nerf.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Time for players to learn game mechanics of other factions. I am still trying to figure out how a KDF Raptor took on 8 mixed Romuans and Federation Kerrat PvP.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Shut up. No one cares. Mob mentality is stupid. Stop being stupid.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    soiduts wrote: »
    A lot of people have spent 10's of millions of EC and Dilithium for them on multiple toons. Nerfing them would waste too much end game money used to buy these BOFF's and fleet upgrades. I'm glad this is a bug and not a nerf.

Just because something blatantly overpowered cost a lot fake currency is no excuse to keep it overpowered.
  • Options
    deathdealergoddeathdealergod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    glad its just a bug I downloaded swtor and was about ready to drop sto due to no response from any cryptic peoples
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do all you whiners realize that romulans are OP even with this bug?

@Cryptic: Pls don't fix. I don't mind the millions of EC I spent on that s*** if we get balance in exchange!

Fun that comes from balance & competition >>> Fun with my OP lamer Chars
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Obvious to most people. I don't get the panicking at all. It's hilarious. Thanks for stepping in hawk.
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You know I wouldn't even mind balancing the SRO boffs if Romulans were treated like a real faction. Looking at the new 8472 rep giving Federation and KDF faction based gear but no Romulan equivalents, or New Romulus Command still not having a security officer, or Romulan faction doffs being orders of magnitudes harder to get (if not impossible) compared to Fed and KDF doffs, I'd take trade the OP boffs for ungimped gameplay any day.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Shut up. No one cares. Mob mentality is stupid. Stop being stupid.

You can get lost.
  • Options
    grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can get lost.

This is the best thread on the forums.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    deathdealergoddeathdealergod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    in order to make a sro nerf acceptable to the player base lets ungimp rom power levels for 1 give us a ship that can actually stay in a fight and not fold give us elite fleet plasma shall I go on I don't think I need to roms are gimped so hardly atm its not even funny only thing making them worth while is sro /box ships if ur in a rom ship ur usually running a vaper or a a2b fawtard build so all of u whiners that roms are soooo op why don't u roll a rom and then try dogfighting with a rom ship without a2b and without sro lets see who gets ***** so stfu sro needs to stay or rom ships need a major buff
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    in order to make a sro nerf acceptable to the player base lets ungimp rom power levels for 1 give us a ship that can actually stay in a fight and not fold give us elite fleet plasma shall I go on I don't think I need to roms are gimped so hardly atm its not even funny only thing making them worth while is sro /box ships if ur in a rom ship ur usually running a vaper or a a2b fawtard build so all of u whiners that roms are soooo op why don't u roll a rom and then try dogfighting with a rom ship without a2b and without sro lets see who gets ***** so stfu sro needs to stay or rom ships need a major buff

Punctuation is hard.