Options

PvP future?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited March 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Its using it in combination that becomes really op, I see people using BO, ISO, cascade, and lattice or PB together to do an alpha, its really lame tactics and I doubt the devs were thinking of people abusing this together. I also still regularly crit with BO3 for 60k + on my KDF BOP, using all this other stuff with it shouldn't be necessary. I do see some people do a lot more then that with PB though, I think 90k sometimes.

To get PB to crit consistently that high you are nerfing all your other damage. TO boost PB you have to slot dyson consoles that only buff other damage by 15%. I guess we better put TS3 on CD with BOL because using TS never misses.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To get PB to crit consistently that high you are nerfing all your other damage. TO boost PB you have to slot dyson consoles that only buff other damage by 15%. I guess we better put TS3 on CD with BOL because using TS never misses.

I don't think torps are all that powerful now compared to the other stuff because it still needs downed shield facings, its using all those other energy and particle attacks at the same time that is OP. Its a really lame trend in PVP, makes anyone capable of alpha strikes without learning how to properly BO then land torps. I understand you might not want your new toy nerfed, but think about PVP as a whole and not just yourself, I played around with some of them too, but stilll see a need to not let them all be used at once . If resists are too high for you to overcome in other ways then that is what needs to be balanced, not making more OP attacks.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If resists are too high for you to overcome in other ways then that is what needs to be balanced, not making more OP attacks.

That's not how Cryptic's going to do things...there's no revenue that way.

Too much damage, boost healing.
    Too much healing, boost damage.

An endless arms race...that long ago reached the point of both too much damage and healing at the same time for the average player - because they're not doing the min/max thing. They can't kill anything while being slaughtered...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I don't think torps are all that powerful now compared to the other stuff because it still needs downed shield facings, its using all those other energy and particle attacks at the same time that is OP. Its a really lame trend in PVP, makes anyone capable of alpha strikes without learning how to properly BO then land torps. I understand you might not want your new toy nerfed, but think about PVP as a whole and not just yourself, I played around with some of them too, but stilll see a need to not let them all be used at once . If resists are too high for you to overcome in other ways then that is what needs to be balanced, not making more OP attacks.

I played with the TS to the face after Alphas and since TS has 100% accuracy and using the Gravimetric Photon I was BOL critting at 70K with 30-40K Grav Photon TS. And saved Cas Tetand ISO for later. :eek:
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That's not how Cryptic's going to do things...there's no revenue that way.

Too much damage, boost healing.
    Too much healing, boost damage.

An endless arms race...that long ago reached the point of both too much damage and healing at the same time for the average player - because they're not doing the min/max thing. They can't kill anything while being slaughtered...

I agree, new PvPers complain about getting vaped because they have bad builds, their bad powers get boosted which in turn boost experienced players even more. Now bad PvPer can't scratch a player cryptic ups damage and vet PvPers get exponentially better due to understanding the game.

Man what I would give for the old days when you had 3 trays full of things to use and that was it. You lived and died by what was on those 3 trays.
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the future is proton. embrace it
  • Options
    jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Heres the furture :

Embrace it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • Options
    boomboom8boomboom8 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jacknm1 wrote: »
    Heres the furture :

Embrace it

I hate to say it and i really do but he is pretty much hit the nail on the head with that video